Why do all my characters on SWF explode?

I dunno what I'm doing wrong (or right if you wanna look at it that way) but basically, everytime I start up a new SWF game, within the first month almost everybody are freakin upper midcarders/main eventers. Even people I don't WANT in those positions.

Beyond the usual suspects, within my first month in the main event scene jumped up to include Brandon James, Rich Money, Lobster Warrior, Squeeky McClean and Groucho Bling. So I have like, a dozen main eventers and not enough screen time for all of them.

Valiant and Andre Jones soared up to being from enhancement talent/openers to upper mid carders in a matter of 2 weeks.

And virtually anybody I used in even the slightest bit, even in squash matches, catapulted up the card at least 1-2 spots.

Whats the big deal? Is it REALLY this easy to build new stars? Because it's relaly frustrating to me as I prefer to have a set pecking order instead of just anybody and everybody being pushed to the moon.

I dunno what I'm doing wrong (or right if you wanna look at it that way) but basically, everytime I start up a new SWF game, within the first month almost everybody are freakin upper midcarders/main eventers. Even people I don't WANT in those positions.

Beyond the usual suspects, within my first month in the main event scene jumped up to include Brandon James, Rich Money, Lobster Warrior, Squeeky McClean and Groucho Bling. So I have like, a dozen main eventers and not enough screen time for all of them.

Valiant and Andre Jones soared up to being from enhancement talent/openers to upper mid carders in a matter of 2 weeks.

And virtually anybody I used in even the slightest bit, even in squash matches, catapulted up the card at least 1-2 spots.

Whats the big deal? Is it REALLY this easy to build new stars? Because it's relaly frustrating to me as I prefer to have a set pecking order instead of just anybody and everybody being pushed to the moon.

Brand split? I've never stuck with an SWF game long enough to experience anything like this, but, I like the idea of Groucho Bling in the main-event.

Yeah, check the popularity of your workers. If there's not been any significant gains, then have you fired workers like BBS and Runaway Train who start off in the high card and would be replaced in the event of getting canned by workers being moved up?

And, as bp notes, if you've done the traditional SWF hiring splurge, then you now have a lot of undercard talent filling out the lower three or four roster positions, and anyone who was SWF before you will pretty much automatically push to a higercard position.

Maybe if your roster wasn't suddenly 70 guys you wouldn't have this problem? The game recommends you have at least 41 guys active at global with 8 main eventers. Assuming you've got +4 in every category that puts you at least at 65. Since you are probably near the start of the game I'm guessing the great majority of your newfound talent are unheard of but the game only has room for so many enhancement talents, so many openers, etc.

But seriously the bigger your roster the less it means to be a "main eventer." Out of the 12 guys the game is defaulting into your main event, there's still probably only about four guys that should be consistently headlining shows.

I hire all the usual suspects the game allows me to. Because I like hiring guys like American Elemental, Hell Monkey, Acid, Fox Mask, James Prudence, Donnie J, Fumihiro Ota, Kazuma Narato, ect. ect.

So you think its me hiring all my favorite dudes while not releasing anybody yet that's causing the explosion?

I hire all the usual suspects the game allows me to. Because I like hiring guys like American Elemental, Hell Monkey, Acid, Fox Mask, James Prudence, Donnie J, Fumihiro Ota, Kazuma Narato, ect. ect.

So you think its me hiring all my favorite dudes while not releasing anybody yet that's causing the explosion?

It does sound like that may be the cause.

Exactly that. Even a low-level guy in SWF may have D+ popularity nationwide. A lot of workers you've signed can't even touch that - therefore the former lower midcarder jumps up to midcard. The midcarders jump to upper midcard, the upper midcarders jump to main event and the main eventers get annoyed at sharing the limelight with guys who couldn't sell-out their own birthday party in a broom cupboard.

In short, I'd recommend trimming the fat: Development for training the young guys, development as trainers for the older guys, anyone with no in-ring talent shunt to a non-wrestling role... Effectively, you're doing a year's worth of spring cleaning in a couple of months.

My definetely. If you don't want a dozen main eventers, then don't hire dozens of people. I like hiring a few folks too, but oversaturating your roster isn't a good thing, simply because it results in what you're experiencing. Just because a worker is talented or over doesn't mean they HAVE to be on your roster.

I'd suggest the next time you start a game with SWF to limit yourself to a handful of signings, maybe four or so tops, and then working with mostly the SWF's default roster. Only sign someone when you know there's room on the roster for it (as in no one will end up ignored due to time limitations), and if you know you'll use them. Make sure they have a purpose in the company and aren't just "random talented guy #23".

Absolutely.

The auto-push feature keeps the roster balanced. So if you have 8 main eventers when you have the "ideal" roster size of 40-something, adding 15 more workers is not going to keep you with 8 main eventers but 25 lower midcarders. People are going to auto-push higher. So you suddenly have B- guys who were auto-pushing to upper midcard as main eventers.

I have the same problem but from the opposite direction. I have a very big roster with a lot of very popular workers. So I have guys with A, and even partly A* overness who auto-push just to upper midcard instead of main event. It really doesn't change how I use them, to be honest.

Just because a C+ Groucho Bling auto-pushes to main event, I would start treating him exactly the same as a main eventer worker with A overness.

I think you mean wouldn't Papa lol.

And like Casey said and Bot said I agree with both. Send a lot down to development and see where you can trim the fat. Try and get a B-Show that will also help, also what wasn't mentioned in so much words hire workers that fit the product. Remember SWF is about entertaining (so sex appeal, menace, acting, charisma and microphone are important) and overness (current overness and star quality).

My definetely. If you don't want a dozen main eventers, then don't hire dozens of people. I like hiring a few folks too, but oversaturating your roster isn't a good thing, simply because it results in what you're experiencing. Just because a worker is talented or over doesn't mean they HAVE to be on your roster.

I'd suggest the next time you start a game with SWF to limit yourself to a handful of signings, maybe four or so tops, and then working with mostly the SWF's default roster. Only sign someone when you know there's room on the roster for it (as in no one will end up ignored due to time limitations), and if you know you'll use them. Make sure they have a purpose in the company and aren't just "random talented guy #23".

If/when I start a new SWF game, I am most definitely being careful with that. Allowing the roster to get out of control huge is one of my biggest regrets in my diary game. I like how the roster split has worked out, but it just made things too difficult to deal with.

And yeah, Hyde, I meant "wouldn't". Having to post quick at work and not proof-reading... FTL.

• 2 months later...

Roster size needed depends on the skills of the workers. If Runaway Train, Bruce the Giant, and T-Rex are in your main event you need more workers to make up for their lack of stamina and/or psych.

You can use 4-way tag times and six way fights to use a larger roster. Larger roster = more turns = more momentum but less singles matches to take advantage of good chemistry.

Archived