Fedors first fight in strike force

rodzillahotrod

wow fedors never fought in a cage? imo the cage looks a lot easier offensive rise but the ring is a lot better defensive since u can get under ropes and stop the fight only bad thing is u restart in the same position in the middle but it gives u a quick breath. rogers might have power but fedor does as well. i think fedor has a good chin and out of the fights i've seen (maybe 5 fights) only guy that i noticed hurting fedor was Andrei Arlovski with punches but i know im probably wrong about him being the only guy. i still think rogers is going to get destroyed...

Arlovski never even had Fedor hurt lol....The only time i've seen Fedor rocked was when he fought the Asian guy. Hong Man Choi beat Fedor up a bit as well but other then that your right no one has really given Fedor a good striking match.....Until Brett Rogers. Rogers has nothing to lose he is fighting number one so when you are fighting number one you go out there and swing. We have seen nothing from Rogers but striking but if he charges at Fedor the way he did Arlovski Fedor better realise he's in a cage and not a ring.

If Brett just tries to keep him against the cage, it should be interesting. Since Fedor's never fought in a cage, he won't be used to the Elbows and the Cage. if Brett can keep him pinned against the cage and use the elbows, it could result in a win for him.

I highly doubt that he'll be able to, but we've seen weirder.

Arlovski never even had Fedor hurt lol....The only time i've seen Fedor rocked was when he fought the Asian guy. Hong Man Choi beat Fedor up a bit as well but other then that your right no one has really given Fedor a good striking match.....Until Brett Rogers. Rogers has nothing to lose he is fighting number one so when you are fighting number one you go out there and swing. We have seen nothing from Rogers but striking but if he charges at Fedor the way he did Arlovski Fedor better realise he's in a cage and not a ring.

Arlovski was putting it to Fedor until he got reckless and ate that punch. Had he stayed under control he would have continued teeing off on Fedor, I suspect. If Fedor loses anytime soon it will be via (T)KO against someone he can't get to the ground.

I don't know if I'd call it "putting it to Fedor". A lot of those punches that seemed to land in real speed... didn't. They were just off the mark as Fedor's head movement was excellent.

Arlovski only landed 18/33 strikes while Fedor landed 9/24, and Fedor didn't really attack or anything as he was just figuring Arlovski out.

maybe i was wrong but i thought with him making fedor back up like that he had fedor scared imo he might not of landed much as thrown but im sure the ones that connected was hurting him or imo he wouldn't of backed up aginst the ropes. but i know i have a different view of the fight with being a noob at mma and especially fedor so i was really amazed at fedor being backed up and then knocking out arlovski (had just watch him in a dvd ufc's greatest knockouts)

I can assure you Fedor was not scared. Of course he is going to move, back up, etc. to avoid being hit... He's not going to stand there and eat punches. There is no doubt Arlovski was winning the round, points wise, but he wasn't completely dominating or hurting Fedor.

lol Fedor doesn't ever seem to be nervous or scared Arlovski was just well prepared and had a great plan layed out which was proving effective. If Arlovski hadn't had such a weak jaw then who knows where the fight would have went. Arlovski was more crisp and clean with his punches it seemed like thats all he trained for was the stand up. I think as the fight went on Arlovski knew he was a bit quicker and cleaner thus making him over confident which eventually led to the "WTF" moment of the year "the flying knee"

Regarding Fedor-Arlovski, using a short quick jab to score points and do no damage is probably not going to work over the course of 5 rounds. Not in MMA. Winning the round is great, but you have to do more against someone like Fedor. Arlovski never had him hurt or damaged - Fedor's face doesn't hide it at all and there was nothing there at all.

The cage thing is bigger than most people think. One of the reasons why so many wrestlers have success in UFC is due to being able to push their opponents into the cage and grapple them down for ground and pound. It is more difficult to do that in a ring where the ropes have more give, and there is a chance someone could fall out. Also, with a cage, the corners aren't as narrow, meaning while unlike boxing, where you can trap an opponent in or near a corner to start striking, in an octagon shaped structure there is more room to circle around, meaning stalking someone takes more effort/energy to cut off their movement.

wow u guys r telling me he wasnt hurting fedor at all? i understand the thing about backing up so u wont be hit but arlovski didn't hurt him once? i would think to do a flying knee on someone good as fedor u would want them hurt before attempting a flying knee. when did arlovski jaw started to be so glass like? from what ive seen so far while watching the ufc dvds he seemed like he had a good jaw back then but remember i havent watch much of him so far.

Nope he wasnt hurt just rewatch the fight and pay close attention you'll see that almost all of Arlovski's punches missed the only solid strike I remember him hitting was the push kick right before Fedor knocked him out.

Arlovski's chin has let him down in the past just watch the 2nd fight with Tim Sylvia but I think people are a little tough on him about the Fedor loss. The shot Fedor hit him with wouldve knocked out just about anybody else and Rogers has huge power and Arlovski wasnt trying to move away so he got plowed over by the Grim.

I really don't foresee the cage being an issue. Fedor will be prepared for it and I'm sure he's already trained in a cage before.

I don't disagree, really. Fedor's a world class Sambo practioner, which is basically grappling and submissions, even if he does get bullrushed and taken down he's shown he's very capable of defending strikes and getting submissions from the bottom. Stand up, I think it just means he may have to stalk his opponent more if they decide to stay away from him.

Archived