Is it actually useful?

As WMMA2 isn't really a company sim quite like TEW, I wonder whether it matters if I book an event a few days before the date, or a few months. I thought Adam said it made no difference so the newer players wouldn't have trouble with the game, but I'm not sure.

The AI doesn't do it, only a few weeks from before. Should I book 3 events at a time? It does facilitate the game, but is it necessary?

I can think of 1 benefit of booking early. Any fighter on a shared contract is essentially yours until the show is done. If you book late, you may find they are fighting elsewhere

I do that, if i want a fighter who isnt on an exclusive contract, book ahead. I do it to make it seem more realistic in my head, i book 2 shows then after the first i announce the next, etc. Plus it helps me for planning, instead of thinking, well Buddy Garner will be back in x months so on show x he can fight again, when i didnt book ahead i planned a fight, didnt book it and forgot about the plan and booked a completely different fight, so it keeps me organised.

thx for the replies but what I actually wanted to know (kinda forgot to mention it) was whether is was necessary - economically - to book them ahead.

So will more people pay for the event if the main event has been planned for months? It was like that in WMMA, makes sense, but I'm unsure whether it matters now. I personnaly think it doesn't really matter, but hey, who am I to judge. :)

I never book more than one show at a time.

As XCC, I used to book 3 shows at a time. As a grew bigger, I even booked five (3 PPV & 2 different TV shows).

But as a grew even bigger (mid national and above), I had a hard time finding enough talent to headline. As I booked show #3, my main event would be expected by the fans as great. However shows #1 and #2 would happen and raise my company's level from mid to high national or high national to low international, and all of a sudden, my card #3 which previously looked great, ended up looking only decent two days prior to the event.

As such, my show #3 ends up looking awful/poor and this destroy any improvement show #1 and #2 might have brought. And that brings me back to mid level national.

As GAMMA, I don't think one would have this problem because of all the talent. As XCC, its quite a challenge to both build your own talent fast enough to keep up with your company's growth and steal high enough talent from GAMMA and ALPHA who actually want to sign with you.

I'm playing as WEFF, and I tend to book 3 at a time. Since I try to spread out my main draws over the 3 events, I haven't yet seen any HUGE jumps in popularity (leading to what Weinberg said).

But as stated earlier, it allows me to book everyone I want (especially since in past games, since I was playing exclusively to grow, I would sometimes end up with fighters appearing in back to back events, simply because of popularity issues).

Archived