DOTM: Cornellverse Poll

DOTM: Cornellverse Poll  

59 members have voted

1. 1. DOTM: Cornellverse Poll

• Phantom Stranger "TCW: A Quiet Retirement"
    • Marcel Fromage's "XWA: American Wrestling Just Got Serious"
    • Tigerkinney's "Puerto Rican Self Preservation Society: Version 2.0 (Cornellverse)"
    • Bigpapa42's "SWF: Generation Supreme"
    • James Casey's "MAW - 10 Simple Rules"
    • Eisenverse's "PSW: The Evolution of Greed"
    • G-prime's "SWF: Entertainment, Innovation, Attitude"

Cornellverse DOTM nominee's:

• [thread=47928]Phantom Stranger "TCW: A Quiet Retirement"[/thread]
  • [thread=41609]Marcel Fromage's XWA: American Wrestling Just Got Serious[/thread]
  • [thread=33304]Tigerkinney's "Puerto Rican Self Preservation Society: Version 2.0 (Cornellverse)"[/thread]
  • [thread=35327]Bigpapa42's "SWF: Generation Supreme"[/thread]
  • [thread=32191]James Casey's "MAW - 10 Simple Rules"[/thread]
  • [thread=45563]Eisenverse's "PSW: The Evolution of Greed"[/thread]
  • [thread=44594]G-prime's "SWF: Entertainment, Innovation, Attitude"[/thread]

Hard choice for me but as I am not totally cut up with Papa and JC has had plenty of recognition it was Eisenverse for me for the cool backstage segments and at the same time unique feel to his shows. BTW don't forget that the real world and rookie's also need your support!

really people? I think come the end of the year big papa may have more votes total than anyone esle, and have won, less.

Nothing against PA (as I'm one who tends to vote for the guy every month), however, it's a given that he's going to be through this process every month. His diary is, quite possibly, the most beloved diary on the boards (for good reason :) ), So, every month he is going to be the 1st person nominated for DOTM.

Just because he doesn't walk away with the win every single month, He's still considered to be THE diary writer on the boards right now. That, alone, is something that transcends how many DOTM's he wins.

Plus, I think everyone wants to show their support for him and his diary, however, there is also a pull to congratulate new writers and keep the crop of monthly DOTM competitors an ever evolving situation.

I, for one, Love PA's SWF diary (as it's the one I follow the closest). However, I honestly believe that his standing with most readers far outweights out many times he's won, or haven't won, the DOTM.

:D Then again, Maybe I'm just sensitive since I'm up for the running this month too. haha.

His diary is, quite possibly, the most beloved diary on the boards (for good reason :) )

Nothing against BP, but how could his diary be the most beloved with magic like my own Secrets of the Ring offerings out there? ;):rolleyes:;)

In all honesty, I always take my time and weigh the DOTM decision for a few days before I vote, but this month's has really got me torn.

Essentially, I'm down to BigPapa, Eisen, and JC, with my apologies to the other writers hopefully understood.

Casey blew the doors off with his last big show, the RCI, and nearly deserves a vote for that single effort alone. That's how big a deal it was.

Eisen-verse, to me, is doing some awesome work both inside the ring and out, as the story of John Greed is really turning into a great read. It's more like a good book rather than a wrestling diary, and that deserves notice.

The reason I'm currently leaning toward BigPapa is not limited to my echoing the praise that has be deservedly heaped on his SWF diary, although any of that would be reason enough to cast a vote for him. I'm concerned that at some point, as he has hinted, BP will decide to hang it up and announce the story's end. Now, while I understand that these awards are not the end-all when it comes to a diary's reputation, I also feel that draping it with as many tangible accolades as possible while we can is fitting. Does that make sense?

I thought a bit of a "why" discussion with the community couldn't hurt my thought process.

:)

Its funny that mistaken mentions that, as I had the same thought not too long ago. Honestly, I take it as a compliment. To be consistently nominated and frequently getting votes shows a consistent appreciation, and as a writer, that's great to see. If there is a month where I do well but don't win, I don't get frustrated at it - I am happy to get the votes I do.

E-V! Stop trying to make me blush! You, too, NN! Whle recognition in any forms is always nice, I realize at this point that people's opinions on Gen-S are unlikely to be changed by any amount of DOTM votes or wins. By now, it is what it is.

I rarely find it easy to cast my CV vote each month. There isn't a single diary up this month that I don't like. Phantom Stranger has me just as hooked with his TCW as he did with PPPW. G-Prime is doing well with his SWF, and I quite like Mr. Fromage's XWA. Eisen-Verse's PSW is obviously well-done all the way around and he has created a PSW all his own. Then there are my two old favorites - TK and JC. I ended up going with James Casey, partly becasue of the outstanding RCI show and partly because of continued excellence. But its honeslty a month where I could have given my vote to virtuallya ny nominee and felt good about it.

Have gone for SWF Generation Supreme here. I'm just... totally caught up int he whole story to be honest. I absolutely love the monthly updates BigPapa has just done, its not a cheap review like cliff-notes, but it helps premise all the major moves he has made and it ties together a great year extremely well.

I meant to wait on my decision, but not to put myself into a position to cast the deciding vote.

That said, I went with Big Papa’s Generation Supreme. Not only is he fresh off a Hall-of-fame induction that rode its way into history via this diary and its goodness, but there is a part of me that wonders how much longer it can go. Regardless of whether GS has one month or six left, I feel like Eisen’s PSW is starting to get enough footing around here that it’ll be a perennial DOTM contender for the foreseeable future and will win its fair share of accolades during its run. It is a great piece of writing.

But Papa is putting a stamp on the SWF, long term-like, that only the best have accomplished and half-assed scribes like myself drool over. That alone makes it deserving of my vote.

Much respect to both Eisen and BP, as well as everyone else nominated this month.

:)

Archived