Demo is OUT!

Awesome game Adam. I love everything about it. I don't find any probelsm and these "Crashes" people talk about I have yet to experience. Can't wait to buy the game and really get in depth with it. Thanks Adam, you truly are a GOD! And I found out these two little tips: When it doubt, use a palm thrust. European Uppercuts GALORE! Thanks again Adam, I love it.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=Liamo]One thing I've noticed is the repetitivness of the opponents moves. For example: "Senton" "Senton" "Senton" "Senton" "Senton" And so on...[/QUOTE] Depends on the wrestler. If they're set to focus on ground work, and they only have one decent move available, then it would be repetitive...but they're only doing what they're meant to be doing.

From Nate Dogg.... [I]Hey Monk, thanks for the link. I played the demo and I liked it more than I thought I would, seeing as it seems to be more like the old Dungeons and Dragons dice games, as far as the actual wrestling goes. I like how you you start off approaching different promotions, looking for work, starting off in the bush leagues. A lot of what Ryland is doing with this game could be so easily adapted into a good 3D wrestling game, if not for the laziness of developers. Anyways, the one match I've had so far was pretty fun..my wrestler was a heavyweight brawler type, like I would be if I were an actual wrestler. I was wrestling some flyboy type and was really wearing the guy out in the early portion of the match. My low stamina got the better of me tho and flyboy got the pin. :( Before my match, I started a fight with some guy back in the locker room and beat him down. I later found out that everyone else in the back thought he had it coming, lol. I think I might pick up the full game. You really have to think out your strategy before you attempt a move. This game probably won't appeal to the button mash crowd but sim fans should love it. Again, thanks for the link.[/I] From Me.... I love the demo but a big part of me loves TEW a bit more and I'm trying to figure out why. I think it's because I get to actually run my own fed. I think if you could combine both games, we'd have the perfect sim. Both are great though, Monk....

i must admit to being a wee bit sceptical to how this game would pan out (im still too big of an ewr mark ;) ) but the demo has proved me totally wrong... this is highly original and i cant wait to buy it tomorrow and im so glad i finished uni this week :D Once again adam you have earned my money...well done son.

[QUOTE=Boubba]but it crashes so many time ... just did in the middle of a couple of matches and during me editing my moveset ... right at the end ... before I had any time to save ... Doh ![/QUOTE] I've just experienced the crashing at the very end of the moveset editting. Just started a new game, went through the moveset and clicked "Ask Mentor" seemed I needed a few new moves for heavier opponents and clicked "Ask Mentor" again and it crashed. Playing the Trial version btw Running on Windows 2000 Service Pack 4, 1.4 GHz CPU, 512 MB DDR RAM, 256 MB Video EDIT: It's crashed again. I've been adding some new moves to the database, and just then I was writing the description for a new move the "Roaring Elbow", when a Program Error popped up; "WreSpi.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created" EDIT again: Managed to finish the moveset and saved, then clicked "Start Career" and same error and crashing again. *sobs*

The game's crashed a dozen times now at random intervals. Whilst changing the moveset, while talking to the trainer, ending a conversation backstage, and just now after about 6 minutes of a match. I really hope there's something I can do to make the game more stable, since it looks great and I'd really like to get to play it instead of restarting the programme all the time

I haven't seen any mention of a memory manager but I'll have a look around for that. I'm currenty running an antivirus check and will do a Spy/Adware scan and registry mechanic. I'm hoping that'll sort everything out, if not I'll let you know EDIT: Found the manager, the forums were surprisingly hard to find. Everything seems to be groovy now, hopefully there'll be no further complaints from this game

Right, it's still crashing a few minutes into a match. The memory manager is running (around 70% free it says), ran an antivirus check and everything's clear, ran an Adware check and a registry scan, everything's fine, even uninstalled a troublesome programme someone else must have installed while I was away on the weekend. No other programmes are open, I just don't understand it..

Archived