Your Car.....

Basmat01

Guest TDubTNA

Whoa, is it a rule in America to own at least three cars? Some of you guys must be seriously loaded...

If it was a rule in America someone def forget to tell me :p. I have a 98' Saturn and I can't for the life of me save up enough money to get a new car. I'm working on it but it's not looking good so far.

Whoa, is it a rule in America to own at least three cars? Some of you guys must be seriously loaded...

well i bought my mustang, fairly cheap actually, only $9000 with 15000 miles for and 06 i bougt in 08, and i actually just finished paying for it, but the trans am, was given to me by my dad on my birthday last year, so i really havent had to pay for anything other than what it costs to fix it, but i havent invested much into it yet.

I drive a 2003 Buick Century. And everybody busts my balls about it because I am a 30 year old driving a Buick. However, I have never had a major problem with it so I could care less what image it gives me.

Failed my drivers liscence

Ah, don't worry about that Orange. I failed my test as well, yes it sucks but you will get it the next try. Just do not be a dumbass like I was and tell all of your friends that you are going for the test. Because they will never let you live that down. Believe me my test was in 1994 or 95 and my friends still bust me over it.

I drive a 2003 Buick Century. And everybody busts my balls about it because I am a 30 year old driving a Buick. However, I have never had a major problem with it so I could care less what image it gives me.

Ah, don't worry about that Orange. I failed my test as well, yes it sucks but you will get it the next try. Just do not be a dumbass like I was and tell all of your friends that you are going for the test. Because they will never let you live that down. Believe me my test was in 1994 or 95 and my friends still bust me over it.

Man, a Buick Century is a nice car. They ride incredibly well. I remember driving my former roomate around in his Buick Roadster when he had a bad knee. Smooooooth.

Actually funny thing is, my friends bust on me all the time because I refuse to buy a new car. :p I've been saving for a new one for so long, well, I could take that money and buy a trio of Benzes. But I don't wanna because I don't drive the car I have enough to justify replacing it. And once I get my father's cars sold, I'm buying a house.

In Bonaire.

With its own dock. :p

But it's not uncommon for an American family to have 3 (or more) cars. Not everyone trades in their old car when they get the new one. Heck, not everyone BUYS a car (I have friends who lease exclusively so they can turn it over and get a new one every 2-3 years). So if you and your wife each has a hoopty (or 'buckets' or 'A to B mobiles') and you decide to lease new ones, you'd have 4 cars.

And man, I wish our license fees were as high as Finland. There'd be MUCH fewer people on the roads. :p

Trade that piece of crap in first chance you get.

lol okay, that was funny. But to be honest, I drive the Iron Horse most of the time so.....

But to make that investment in the first place... Why do you even need more than one? If there's two people working full-time in the house, then i can understand that, but why the third?

a lot of us Americans have an 'every day" car, a spare car "just in case" and whats called a "Sunday" car which basically means you only take out the car on Sundays. the sunday car is your most expensive car that you only take out on clear sunny days. at least that's what happens in my area (NJ)

a lot of us Americans have an 'every day" car, a spare car "just in case" and whats called a "Sunday" car which basically means you only take out the car on Sundays. the sunday car is your most expensive car that you only take out on clear sunny days. at least that's what happens in my area (NJ)

The American Dream, I guess...

Wow, you guys in NJ must be doing great business, :) I live up in Mass and about 75 percent of the people on my street dont have a car. I dont own 1 car and you guys own 3 :(

Guest TDubTNA
Wow, you guys in NJ must be doing great business, :) I live up in Mass and about 75 percent of the people on my street dont have a car. I dont own 1 car and you guys own 3 :(

I know what you mean Trell...I live in Mass too..I live in a good neighborhood but other places there aren't any cars in sight.

I have a 2008 Ford Focus because I drive about 60 miles back and forth to work everyday and gas was killing me for a while there. Sadly had to give up the Dodge Dakota Quad Cab because it was costing over 1K a month to drive it back and forth.

My wife drives a 2004 Chevy Yukon since it fits all the kids.

I'm saving to replace the truck, because I just plain miss having a truck to drive around. When we do so, we'll keep the Focus as a commuter car though. Although we'll have 3 cars, believe me we aren't loaded.

Just both working and one of us has quite a commute lol

Archived