Rise of the Undertaker - Take #2 - Mark Calaway

Mark Calaway was born in Houston, Texas and after watching WCCW on TV when he was a kid, he decided that he wanted to be a wrestler rather than a basketball player after having to make the choice at the request of his college basketball coach.

Mark has contacted two promotions in looking for work, Pacific Northwest Wrestling and Southwest Championship Wrestling.

I will be following the hirings and firings of the "Big Three" (WWF, MACW, AWA) and a few of the wrestlers. The list of wrestlers will be the two biggies of the '80s, Ric Flair and Hulk Hogan, plus my all-time fav (Superstar Billy Graham), one of D.Boon's favs (The Spoiler), Shawn Michaels, Arn Anderson and Dave "Fit" Finlay. If any of you readers would like me to follow another wrestler please let me know.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

week 1, May 1983 - Monday

Monday

AJPW: Atsushi Onita defeated Shiro Koshinaka to retain the NWA International Junior Heavyweight title

AJPW: Ashura Hara defeated Mitsuharu Misawa to retain the All-Asia Heavyweight title

CSTATES: Bob Brown & Buzz Tyler defeated The Moondogs to retain the Central States Tag Team titles

CSTATES: Roger Kirby defeated Marty Jannetty to retain the Central States Television title

CWA: Bill Dundee defeated Terry Taylor to retain the AWA Southern Heavyweight title

CWA: Koko B Ware defeated Rick Rude to retain the CWA Mid-America Heavyweight title

UWA: Solar and Hamada defeated Apache and Aguayo to win the UWA World Tag Team titles

GLOW: The Cheerleaders defeated Corporal Kelly & Attache to retain the GLOW Tag Team titles

GLOW: Tammy Jones defeated Vine to retain the GLOW Championship title

AGPW: The Spoiler defeated Steve Casey

ASW: Rick Davis defeated Terry Adonis to win the All-Star Television title

WWF released Buddy Rogers and George Steele

Pnw

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm185/doncoryell/ws2pics/PNW.jpg

Pacific Northwest Wrestling

Owner

Don Owen

Head Booker

Dutch Savage

Announcers

Don Coss

Dutch Savage

Managers

Brenda Britton

Percy Pringle III

Referees

Sandy Barr

Scott Gonzalez

Road Agents

Stan Stasiak

Wrestlers

Main Eventers

Billy Jack

Buddy Rose

Matt Borne

Rip Oliver

Upper Midcarders

Al Madril

Assassin

Curt Hennig

Ed Wiskowski

Midcarders

Billy Two Eagles

Tom Prichard

Dynamite Kid

Jesse Barr

Joe Malenko

Rip Rogers

Lower Midcarders

Dean Malenko

Dizzy Ed Hogan

Don Running Bear

Openers

Chris Colt

Mark Calaway*

Enhancement Talent

Danny Spivey

Occasional Wrestlers

Bull Ramos

Swcw

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm185/doncoryell/ws2pics/SWCW.jpg

Southwest Championship Wrestling

Owner

Joe Blanchard

Head Booker

Jonathan Boyd

Announcers

Gene Kelly

Steve Stack

Managers

Don Carson

Jonathan Boyd

Referees

Juan Reynosa

Road Agents

Lou Thesz

Wrestlers

Main Eventers

Adrian Adonis

Cowboy Bob Orton

Gino Hernandez

Manny Fernandez

Upper Midcarders

Bob Sweetan

Butch Miller

Killer Tim Brooks

Tully Blanchard

Midcarders

Bobby Jaggers

Grappler #1

Grappler #2

Luke Williams

Mr.Pogo

Scott Casey

Lower Midcarders

Al Madril

Chavo Guerrero Sr

Eric Embry

Hector Guerrero

Openers

Ken Timbs

Enhancement Talent

Mark Calaway*

Occasional Wrestlers

week 1, May 1983 - Tuesday thru Thursday

Tuesday

WWF: The Wild Samoans defeated The United Forces to retain the WWF Tag Team titles

WWF: Don Muraco defeated Tony Garea to retain the WWF Intercontinental title

MACW: Greg Valentine defeated Jay Youngblood to retain the United States Heavyweight title

MACW: Royal and One Man Gang defeated Mark Youngblood and Mosca Jr to win the Mid-Atlantic US Tag Team titles

MACW: Dory Funk Jr defeated Nikita Koloff to retain the Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight title

MACW: Harley Race defeated Ric Flair

NJPW: Tiger Mask defeated Dynamite Kid to retain the WWF Junior Heavyweight title

AJPW: Atsushi Onita defeated Masanobu Fuchi to retain the NWA International Junior Heavyweight title

AJPW: Ashura Hara defeated Takashi Ishikawa to retain the All-Asia Heavyweight title

AJPW: Jumbo Tsuruta defeated Terry Funk to retain the NWA United National Heavyweight title

CWF: Barry Windham defeated The Purple Haze to win the Florida Television title

CWF: Blackjack Mulligan defeated Ron Bass to retain the Florida Brass Knuckles title

CWF: Superstar Billy Graham defeated Bob Roop

MLW: Iron Mike Sharpe defeated Tiger Jeet Singh to win the NWA Canadian Television title

WWC: TNT defeated Tonga John to win the WWC Puerto Rican Heavyweight title

WWC: Hercules Ayala defeated Invader #2 to win the WWC North American Heavyweight title

WWC: Los Inferno #1 defeated Invader #3 to win the WWC World Junior Heavyweight title

ASWUK: Terry Jowett defeated Mike Jordan to retain the British Commonwealth Middleweight title

ASWUK: Finlay and Mighty John defeated Steven Regal & David Taylor

SWCW released Santo Negro

----------------------------------------

Wednesday

AWA: Hulk Hogan defeated Mr.Saito

AWA: Mike Graham defeated Buck Zumhofe to retain the AWA Light Heavyweight title

AWA: The High Flyers defeated The Sheiks to retain the AWA World Tag Team titles

AWA: Jesse Ventura defeated The Crusher to win the AWA Television title

GCW: Double A and Thunderbolt defeated Bob & Brad Armstrong

GCW: Tim Horner defeated Pez Whatley to win the National Television title

GCW: Spoiler and Zbyszko defeated Mr.Wrestling II and Sawyer

GCW: Les Thornton defeated Johnny Rich to retain the Georgia Junior Heavyweight title

MSW: Lord Humongous defeated Rick Steiner to win the Louisiana State Championship title

MSW: Jim Garvin defeated Magnum TA to win the Mid-South Television title

MSW: Ted DiBiase & Mr.Olympia defeated The Hacksaws to retain the Mid-South Tag Team titles

UWA: Legion Of Death defeated Aguayo and Texano to retain the UWA World Tag Team titles

UWA: Black Man defeated Enrique Vera to win the UWA World Junior Lightweight title

-----------------------------------

Thursday

EMLL: Son of the Saint, Fu and Blue Panther defeated Dandy, Castillo Jr and Ray of Jalisco Jr to win the CMLL World Trios titles

EMLL: Mando Guerrero defeated Ultraman to win the NWA World Lightweight title

NJPW: Tiger Mask defeated Dynamite Kid to retain the WWF Junior Heavyweight title

UWA: Black Man defeated Perro Aguayo to retain the UWA World Junior Lightweight title

ASWUK: Wayne Bridges defeated Rocky Moran to win the European Middleweight title

ASWUK: Terry Jowett defeated Mike Jordan to retain the British Commonwealth Middleweight title

ASWUK: Tony St.Clair defeated John Quinn to retain the World Heavyweight title

ASWUK: Superstar and Finlay defeated The Lancashire Lion and Cullen

week 1, May 1983 - Friday

Southwest Championship Wrestling

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm185/doncoryell/ws2pics/MeanMark.jpg

Mark Calaway

vs

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm185/doncoryell/ws2pics/KillerTimBrooks.jpg

Killer Tim Brooks

one fall, hardcore, 60 minute time limit

blow-by-blow

The throat thrust was countered into a bodyslam

Mark Calaway suddenly sits up, then stands

Killer Tim Brooks hit the forearm blow

Mark Calaway took the blow, but just shrugs it off and goes on the attack

And that'll slow you down in a hurry! Brooks took that shot right in the throat

Killer Tim Brooks counters by fighting back

Mark Calaway easily broke the standing arm bar

Mark Calaway whips Killer Tim Brooks to the corner

Mark Calaway hit the turnbuckle smash

Mark Calaway picks up Killer Tim Brooks

Killer Tim Brooks moved and the punch missed!

The punch didn't seem to faze Mark Calaway, who just stood there and glared at Killer Tim Brooks

Killer Tim Brooks applied the front facelock

Killer Tim Brooks hit the headbutt

We've got a pier-6 brawl, ladies and gentlemen...Brooks with a punch flurry!

And Brooks starts violently tugging at Calaway's arm...Calaway is brought to his knees!

Brooks grabs the top rope, leaps...Ohh, a knee right to the back of Calaway's head!

And Brooks starts tearing away at the face of Calaway...this is just brutal

Mark Calaway blocked the double knee back breaker

Mark Calaway slipped out of the rope arm tie punch flurry

Mark Calaway hit the bodyslam

Mark Calaway hit the big elbow drop

Mark Calaway hit the punch

Mark Calaway hit the arm wringer smash

Mark Calaway hit the short arm clothesline

Mark Calaway throws Killer Tim Brooks to ringside

Mark Calaway leaves the ring

Mark Calaway grabs Brooks...walks him over to the table...and slams his head into it!!!

Mark Calaway grabs Brooks...walks him over to the table...and slams his head into it!!!

Mark Calaway drags Killer Tim Brooks back into the ring

Mark Calaway whips Killer Tim Brooks to the corner

Mark Calaway stops to acknowledge the fans at ringside

Ohh!! The big man chokes down Brooks!

Mark Calaway brings Killer Tim Brooks out of the corner

The throat thrust was countered into a forearm blow

And just look at Brooks wail away on Calaway with a flurry of punches

Uh-Oh! Mark Calaway is helpless in those ropes...Brooks takes advandage!!

Brooks looks to be trying to impale Calaway with that chair fragment! It's chaos!!

Mark Calaway moved and the grounded punch to ear missed!

Mark Calaway whips Killer Tim Brooks into the ropes

Killer Tim Brooks moved and the high backdrop missed!

Mark Calaway is tied up and helpless as Brooks wails away with that right hand!!!

Mark Calaway is busted open

Mark Calaway counters by fighting back

Killer Tim Brooks easily blocked the big roundhouse punch

Mark Calaway whips Killer Tim Brooks into the ropes

Killer Tim Brooks easily blocked the giant big boot

Killer Tim Brooks easily slipped out the back of the sidewalk slam

Killer Tim Brooks hit the hammerlock drive

Mark Calaway slipped out of the corner stomp flurry

Calaway levels Brooks with a big roundhouse punch!!

Mark Calaway waits as Killer Tim Brooks stands

And that'll slow you down in a hurry! Brooks took that shot right in the throat

The fans try to help Mark Calaway by chanting his name

Mark Calaway hit the kick to gut

Killer Tim Brooks hit the piledriver

The referee begins the count

1!

2!

Kick out!

We've got a pier-6 brawl, ladies and gentlemen...Brooks with a punch flurry!

Hey! Brooks's pulling something out of those tights...REF!...Mark Calaway is DOWN!!

1!

2!

This could be it!

The referee's hand starts coming down

3!

Match Time: 11:20

Match Rating: C+

TV Show Results

Killer Tim Brooks defeated Mark Calaway

Eric Embry defeated Hector Guerrero to win the Southwest Junior Heavyweight title

Adrian Adonis defeated Chavo Guerrero Sr to retain the Southwest Heavyweight title

The Sheepherders defeated The Grapplers to retain the Southwest Tag Team titles

(NOTE: I was not booked on PNW's Big Time Wrestling)

Nice touch going with SWCW....it is very rare to see people work for them and at this time they were about hitting their stride with their TV show on USA....if they don't repeat the RL SWCW's bad decisions(trying to run against Boesch and managing to lose their USA slot....then having their financier Fred Behrends sell out all their other TV slots on the sly which left them only on the Spanish speaking station) they could go somewhere....plus IMO you'll have a slightly better class of competition to work with.

Poor "Animal"....seems in every game McMahon boots him out of the WWF right off the bat.....kinda sucks cause at this time he was still taken somewhat seriously.

Now just remember to back up regularly!:)

Friday

JPUK: The Caribbean Sunshine Boys defeated Kilby and Grey to retain the World of Sport Tag Team titles

AWA: Jesse Ventura defeated Brad Rheingans to retain the AWA Television title

AWA: The High Flyers defeated The Sheiks to retain the AWA World Tag Team titles

AWA: The Baron and The Hulkster defeated Robinson and Martel

AWA: Nick Bockwinkel defeated Wahoo McDaniel to retain the AWA World Heavyweight title

WCCW: Parsons and Adams defeated Kabuki and "Gorgeous" Jimmy to win the WCCW Texas Tag Team titles

WCCW: Michael Hayes & Terry Gordy defeated Kamala & The Missing Link to retain the WCCW American Tag Team titles

WCCW: Kevin Von Erich defeated Larry Zbyszko to retain tht WCCW American Heavyweight title

MSW: Lord Humongous defeated Rick Steiner to retain the Louisiana State Championship title

MSW: Junkyard Dog & Mr.Wrestling II defeated Ted DiBiase & Mr.Olympia to win the Mid-South Tag Team titles

PNW; Don Running Bear defeated Dean Malenko to win the PNW Television title

PNW: Buddy Rose & Ed Wiskowski defeated Oliver and Assassin to win the PNW Heavyweight Tag Team titles

WWC: Super Medic #1 defeated TNT to win the Puerto Rican Heavyweight title

WWC: Los Inferno #1 defeated Ivader #3 to retain the WWC World Junior Heavyweight title

WWC: Carlos Colon & The Invader defeated Mr.Piledriver and Ayala to win the WWC World Tag Team titles

UWF: Kazuo Yamazaki defeated Shinichi Nakano to win the UWF Nationwide title

DCW: Sabu defeated Michael Kirschner to win the Big Time Television title

DCW: The Blue Bloods defeated Cook and Captain Ed to retain the Detroit Tag Team titles

------------------------------------------

Saturday

JPUK: The Caribbean Sunshine Boys defeated Grey and Kilby to retain the World of Sport Tag Team titles

JPUK: Jim Breaks defeated Brian Maxine to win the World Mid-Heavyweight title

JPUK: Marc Rocco defeated Clive Myers to win the British Light Heavyweight title

MACW: Greg Valentine defeated Jay Youngblood to retain the United States Heavyweight title

MACW: Featured Attraction (Royal/One Man Gang) defeated Assassin 2 and Kiniski to retain the Mid-Atlantic US Tag Team titles

MACW: Dory Funk Jr defeated Nikita Koloff to retain the Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight title

MACW: Ric Flair defeated Ivan Koloff

GCW: Tommy Rich defeated Arn Anderson

GCW: Les Thornton defeated Johnny Rich to retain the Georgia Junior Heavyweight title

GCW: Jake Roberts defeated Tim Horner to win the National Television title

GCW: The Road Warriors defeated Mr.Wrestling II and Ole to retain the National Tag Team titles

CSTATES: Roger Kirby defeated Tommy Rogers to retain the Central States Television title

CSTATES: The Moondogs defeated Bob Brown & Buzz Tyler to win the Central States Tag Team titles

CWA: Bill Dundee defeated Terry Taylor to retain the AWA Southern Heavyweight title

CWA: Koko B Ware defeated Rick Rude to retain the CWA Mid-America Heavyweight title

CWA: Jerry Lawler defeated Ken Patera to retain the AWA International title

AJW: Kyoto Inoue defeated Seiko Honawa to win the All-Japan Junior Womens title

AJW: Crush Girls defeated The Jumping Bomb Angels to win the All-Japan Womens Tag Team titles

SECW: Norvell Austin defeated Rick Gibson to win the Alabama Heavyweight title

SECW: Randy Rose defeated Ken Lucas to win the Southeastern Brass Knuckles title

SECW: Boris Zhukov defeated Mr.Olympia to win the Southeastern Heavyweight title

ASW: Rick Davis defeated Terry Adonis to retain the All-Star Television title

ASW: Igor Volkoff defeated Timothy Flowers to retain the Canadian Heavyweight title

--------------------------------------------

Sunday

WWF: The Wild Samoans defeated The United Forces to retain the WWF Tag Team titles

WWF: Don Muraco defeated Rocky Johnson to retain the WWF Intercontinental title

WWF: Bob Backlund defeated Sgt.Slaughter to retain the WWF Heavyweight title

WCCW: The Amazing Wrestlers defeated Kamala & The Missing Link to retain the WCCW Texas Tag Team titles

WCCW: Terry Gordy defeated Kevin Von Erich to retain the WCCW Texas Brass Knuckles title

CWF: Superstar Graham and Sullivan defeated Barry Windham & BJ Mulligan to win the Florida Tag Team titles

IWA: Gilles Poisson & Sailor White defeated Brito and Parisi to win the International Tag Team titles

HCW: Snowman and Crews defeated Michaels and Weingeroff

HCW: Butch Reed defeated King Kong Bundy to win the Houston Television title

AGPW: Casey and Comrade Gerry defeated Petitpas and Ritchie to win the Maritimes Tag Team titles

AGPW: The Spoiler defeated Leo Burke

Nice touch going with SWCW....it is very rare to see people work for them and at this time they were about hitting their stride with their TV show on USA....if they don't repeat the RL SWCW's bad decisions(trying to run against Boesch and managing to lose their USA slot....then having their financier Fred Behrends sell out all their other TV slots on the sly which left them only on the Spanish speaking station) they could go somewhere....plus IMO you'll have a slightly better class of competition to work with.

Poor "Animal"....seems in every game McMahon boots him out of the WWF right off the bat.....kinda sucks cause at this time he was still taken somewhat seriously.

Now just remember to back up regularly!:)

At least I can get my licks in out of the ring during the hardcore rules matches without having to keep going back and throwing the opponent back out of the ring. I was second-guessing myself after joining SWCW because I was placed in "Enhancement talent" and I'm almost 13% popularity behind the closest person, who is Ken Timbs (around 21%). In my time here at the site I haven't seen anyone using the DOTT database and wrestling in SWCW, which is another reason why I made the change.

And look!!! Arn Anderson is not being handcuffed to Mike Starbuck! Hopefully that continues for his sake.

The origional "Animal" of the WWF never gets an even shake in these games. It wasn't until much later when he had the storyline with Randy Savage and Miss Elizabeth.

I'm going to make a copy and put it on my personal drive every day before my shift ends and then delete the one on the C drive because my boss doesn't want me to clutter up the main hard drive with personal files. (Copy/Paste is a wonderful thing!)

At least I can get my licks in out of the ring during the hardcore rules matches without having to keep going back and throwing the opponent back out of the ring. I was second-guessing myself after joining SWCW because I was placed in "Enhancement talent" and I'm almost 13% popularity behind the closest person, who is Ken Timbs (around 21%). In my time here at the site I haven't seen anyone using the DOTT database and wrestling in SWCW, which is another reason why I made the change.

And look!!! Arn Anderson is not being handcuffed to Mike Starbuck! Hopefully that continues for his sake.

The origional "Animal" of the WWF never gets an even shake in these games. It wasn't until much later when he had the storyline with Randy Savage and Miss Elizabeth.

I'm going to make a copy and put it on my personal drive every day before my shift ends and then delete the one on the C drive because my boss doesn't want me to clutter up the main hard drive with personal files. (Copy/Paste is a wonderful thing!)

Exactly, SWCW has some good talent, I guess it's because most people don't remember them,even though they had some VERY good people(Tully & Gino might have been one of the best all around tag teams in the business at this time)

Arn is 1-1, they teamed him with T-Bolt this time!*faint* Can't complain about the loss to Rich,Wildfire is still "the man" is Georgia right now.

Pretty impressed you went 11 minutes plus and a C+ rating with Brooks in your debut,considering your popularity/card spot....I think that bodes well for the future.

Old George Steele was still being pushed as a legitimate threat to Backlund in the Pre-Hogan era;a crazy and dangerous monster that was very hard to stop.....tbh I liked him much better in the heel role than the goofy face waking around with his doll(which he called "Mine!") and firing off the occasional "................... 'lizabeth.....................................................nice!"

week 2, May 1983 - Monday thru Thursday

Monday

AJPW: Atsushi Onita defeated Masanobu Fuchi to retain the NWA International Junior Heavyweight title

AJPW: Hara and Inoue defeated Ishikawa and Misawa to retain the All-Asia Tag Team titles

CWA: Jerry Lawler defeated Randy Savage to retain the AWA International title

CWA: The Fabulous Ones defeated The Rock and Roll Express to retain the AWA Southern Tag Team titles

UWA: Legion Of Death defeated Aguayo and Vera to retain the UWA World Tag Team titles

UWA: El Solitario defeated Black Man to win the UWA World Middleweight title

GLOW: Tammy Jones defeated Tara to retain the GLOW Championship title

AGPW: Casey and Comrade Gerry defeated Montana and Brown to retain the Maritimes Tag Team titles

ASW: Al Tomko & Moose Morowski defeated Honky Tonk and Diamond Timothy to win the Canadian Heavyweight Tag Team titles

-------------------------------------------

Tuesday

WWF: Bob Backlund defeated Don Muraco to retain the WWF Heavyweight title

MACW: Greg Valentine defeated Bob Orton Jr to retain the United States Heavyweight title

MACW: Featured Attraction defeated Assassin 2 and Kiniski to retain the Mid-Atlantic US Tag Team titles

MACW: Ric Flair defeated Harley Race

NJPW: Tiger Mask defeated Kuniaki Kobayashi to retain the WWF Junior Heavyweight title

AJPW: Ashura Hara defeated Takashi Ishikawa to retain the All-Asia Heavyweight title

AJPW: Stan Hansen & Bruiser Brody defeated Giant Baba & Jumbo Tsuruta to win the NWA International Tag Team titles

CWF: Barry Windham defeated Ron Bass to retain the Florida Television title

CWF: Blackjack Mulligan defeated The Purple Haze to retain the Florida Brass Knuckles title

CWF: Superstar Billy Graham defeated Bob Roop

MLW: Iron Mike Sharpe defeated Tiger Jeet Singh to retain the NWA Canadian Television title

WWC: Super Medic #1 defeated TNT to retain the WWC Puerto Rican Heavyweight title

WWC: Bob Sweetan defeated Hercules Ayala to win the Universal Heavyweight title

WWC: Carlos Colon & The Invader defeated Rotten Ron and Los Inferno to retain the WWC World Tag Team titles

--------------------------------------

Wednesday

AWA: Mike Graham defeated Steve O to retain the AWA Light Heavyweight title

AWA: Jesse Ventura defeated The Crusher to retain the AWA Television title

AWA: Hulk Hogan defeated Bobby Duncum Sr

GCW: Brett Wayne and Brad Armstrong defeated Team Chaos Theory (Arn Anderson/Thunderbolt Patterson)

GCW: Jake Roberts defeated Ronnie Garvin to retain the National Television title

GCW: The Spoiler defeated Tommy Rich

MSW: Jim Garvin defeated Jim Duggan to retain the Mid-South Television title

MSW: Lord Humongous defeated Rick Steiner to retain the Louisiana State Championship title

MSW: Junkyard Dog defeated Kamala the Ugandan Giant to retain the North American Heavyweight title

AJW: Crush Girls defeated The Jumping Bomb Angels to retain the All-Japan Womens Tag Team titles

AJW: Kyoto Inoue defeated Seiko Honawa to retain the All-Japan Junior Womens titles

UWA: Legion Of Death defeated The Amazing Bandits to retain the UWA World Tag Team titles

UWA: Black Man defeated Enrique Vera to retain the UWA World Junior Lightweight title

UWA: Dos Caras defeated El Solitario to win the UWA World Middleweight title

(I knew there was something strange about Pat Patterson. He has announced his engagement to STEVE LOMBARDI!)

Thursday

EMLL: Mando Guerrero defeated El Supremo to retain the NWA World Lightweight title

EMLL: Mil Mascaras defeated Lizmark to win the NWA World Middleweight title

IWA: Gilles Poisson & Sailor White defeated The Rougeau Brothers to retain the International Tag Team titles

IWA: Dino Bravo defeated Rick Martel to retain the International Heavyweight title

UWA: Black Man defeated Enrique Vera to retain the UWA World Junior Lightweight title

ASWUK: Wayne Bridges defeated Rick Wiseman to retain the European Middleweight title

ASWUK: Dave Finlay defeated Mike Bennett

GLOW: The Cheerleaders defeated Hollywood & Vine to retain the GLOW Tag Team titles

Exactly, SWCW has some good talent, I guess it's because most people don't remember them,even though they had some VERY good people(Tully & Gino might have been one of the best all around tag teams in the business at this time)

Arn is 1-1, they teamed him with T-Bolt this time!*faint* Can't complain about the loss to Rich,Wildfire is still "the man" is Georgia right now.

Pretty impressed you went 11 minutes plus and a C+ rating with Brooks in your debut,considering your popularity/card spot....I think that bodes well for the future.

Old George Steele was still being pushed as a legitimate threat to Backlund in the Pre-Hogan era;a crazy and dangerous monster that was very hard to stop.....tbh I liked him much better in the heel role than the goofy face waking around with his doll(which he called "Mine!") and firing off the occasional "................... 'lizabeth.....................................................nice!"

I liked Steele as a monster heel myself.

week 2, May 1983 - Friday

Big Time Wrestling

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm185/doncoryell/ws2pics/AlMadril.jpg

Al Madril

vs

Mark Calaway

blow-by-blow

Al Madril applied the front facelock

The forearm blow didn't seem to faze Mark Calaway, who just stood there and glared at Al Madril

Mark Calaway slipped out of the standing side headlock

And that'll slow you down in a hurry! Madril took that shot right in the throat

Mark Calaway picks up Al Madril

Al Madril easily slipped out of the arm wringer smash

Al Madril hit the punch

The kick to gut didn't seem to faze Mark Calaway, who just stood there and glared at Al Madril

Al Madril hit the forearm blow

Al Madril applied the front facelock

Madril goes to work on Calaway's arm with that standing arm bar

Al Madril hit the european uppercut

Mark Calaway took the blow, but just shrugs it off and goes on the attack

Mark Calaway hit the running clothesline

Mark Calaway picks up Al Madril from behind

The fans cheer for Mark Calaway, trying to get him to take it up a level

Al Madril moved and the clubbing blow missed!

Al Madril hit the running clothesline

Madril grabs the head of Calaway...Al Madril is rubbing Calaway's face into the mat!! Egads!!

Madril grabs the top rope, leaps...Ohh, a knee right to the back of Calaway's head!

Mark Calaway easily broke the face slam into mat

Al Madril easily blocked the top ring rope drop

Mark Calaway throws Al Madril to ringside

Al Madril counters by fighting back

Al Madril leaps into the air and crashes into Calaway's arm with his knee

Mark Calaway easily broke the grounded crucifix cradle

Mark Calaway hit the ring post shoulder smash

Mark Calaway hit the ring apron ram

Mark Calaway rolls Al Madril back into the ring

Al Madril counters by fighting back

Mark Calaway easily broke the sleeper hold

Calaway levels Madril with a big roundhouse punch!!

Al Madril moved and the kick to gut missed!

Mark Calaway is tied up and helpless as Madril wails away with that right hand!!!

Al Madril counters by reversing on Mark Calaway

The running knee connects and Calaway is down!!

Al Madril used the grounded crucifix cradle

1!

2!

Kick out just after two!

The brass knuckles punch was countered into a punch

Mark Calaway whips Al Madril into the ropes

Al Madril easily blocked the giant big boot

That's some high elevation! Calaway with a backdrop and Madril is flat on his back!

Mark Calaway climbs the turnbuckles

Al Madril recovers and stands up

Al Madril moved and the flying standing elbow smash missed!

Mark Calaway hit the running big boot

Whew! Al Madril narrowly escapes that claw attempt!

Al Madril hit the DDT

1!

2!

Kick out!

Al Madril is busted open

Al Madril counters by reversing on Mark Calaway

Madril hits that knee off the ropes and Calaway is down!!

Al Madril picks up Mark Calaway from behind

Mark Calaway whips Al Madril into the ropes

The lariat clothesline was countered into a kick to gut

Mark Calaway is tied up and helpless as Madril wails away with that right hand!!!

Al Madril moved and the giant choke missed!

Al Madril applied the spinning toe hold

The referee checks the submission

It seems to be locked in!

Will this be it?

A short struggle ends with the escape!

The brass knuckles punch was countered into a punch

Al Madril broke the power press slam by falling on top

1!

Kick out!

Al Madril picks up Mark Calaway

Mark Calaway hit the lariat clothesline

1!

2!

Kick out!

Calaway is stalking Madril...Mark Calaway clamps on the iron claw...This could be it, folks!

Will this be it?

The choke slam was countered into a forearm blow

Mark Calaway slipped out of the DDT

The press slam of death was countered into a forearm blow

Madril is dazed.....The running elbow is right on target!

Al Madril easily broke the grounded iron claw

Mark Calaway hit the mad man clothesline

Calaway is stalking Madril...Mark Calaway clamps on the iron claw...This could be it, folks!

Will this be it?

It's still locked in!

The referee has called for the bell!

The fans start a chant of "That was awesome"

Match Time: 16:00

Match Rating: A*

TV Show Results

Don Running Bear defeated Dean Malenko to retain the PNW Television title

Dynamite Kid & The Assassin went to a time limit draw with Two Eagles and Barr

(Mark Calaway defeated Al Madril)

Billy Jack and Borne defeated Buddy Rose & Ed Wiskowski

Rip Oliver defeated Dizzy Ed Hogan

Friday

JPUK: Jim Breaks defeated Clive Myers to retain the World Mid-Heavyweight title

JPUK: Marc Rocco defeated Jon Cortez to retain the British Light Heavyweight title

AWA: Jesse Ventura defeated The Crusher to retain the AWA Television title

AWA: Nick Bockwinkel defeated Hulk Hogan to retain the AWA World Heavyweight title

WCCW: Iceman Parsons defeated Adrian Adonis to retain the WCCW Television title

WCCW: David Von Erich defeated Kamala to retain the WCCW Texas Heavyweight title

WCCW: Terry Gordy defeated Chris Adams to retain the WCCW Texas Brass Knuckles title

MSW: Junkyard Dog & Mr.Wrestling II defeated The Hacksaws to retain the Mid-South Tag Team titles

WWC: Hercules Ayala defeated Ron Starr to retain the WWC North American Heavyweight title

WWC: Los Inferno #1 defeated Super Medic #1 to retain the WWC World Junior Heavyweight title

WWC: Carlos Colon & The Invader defeated Dirty Dick and Abdullah to retain the WWC World Tag Team titles

CSW: Jim Neidhart & Mr.Hito defeated Bruce & Owen Hart to retain the CSW International Tag Team titles

SWCW: Eric Embry defeated Hector Guerrero to retain the Southwest Junior Heavyweight title

UWF: Kazuo Yamazaki defeated Ryuma Go to retain the UWF Nationwide title

DCW: The Blue Bloods defeated Putski and Huber to retain the Detroit Tag Team titles

DCW: Sabu defeated Michael Kirschner to retain the Big Time Television title

-----------------------------------------

Saturday

JPUK: Marc Rocco defeated Clive Myers to retain the British Light Heavyweight title

JPUK: The Caribbean Sunshine Boys defeated Grey and Kilby to retain the World of Sport Tag Team titles

MACW: Featured Attraction defeated Assassin 2 and Kiniski to retain the Mid-Atlantic US Tag Team titles

MACW: Greg Valentine defeated Roddy Piper to retain the United States Heavyweight title

MACW: Steamboat & Youngblood defeated The Brisco Brothers to retain the NWA World Tag Team titles

GCW: Team Chaos Theory defeated Quickdraw and Horner

GCW: Spoiler and Brett Wayne defeated Orton and Garvin

GCW: Les Thornton defeated Bruno Sammartino Jr to retain the Georgia Junior Heavyweight title

GCW: Jake Roberts defeated Mr.Wrestling II to retain the National Television title

GCW: Rich and Ole defeated The Road Warriors to win the National Tag Team titles

CSTATES: The Moondogs defeated The Oates Brothers to retain the Central States Tag Team titles

CSTATES: Roger Kirby defeated The Missing Link to retain the Central States Television title

CSTATES: Ox Baker defeated Bob Brown to win the Central States Heavyweight title

CWA: Rick Rude defeated Koko B Ware to win the CWA Mid-America Heavyweight title

SECW: Randy Rose defeated Ken Lucas to retain the Southeastern Brass Knuckles title

Sunday

JPUK: Marc Rocco defeated Clive Myers to retain the British Light Heavyweight title

WWF: Bob Backlund defeated Don Muraco to retain the WWF Heavyweight title

WCCW: The Amazing Wrestlers defeated Kamala & The Missing Link to retain the WCCW Texas Tag Team titles

WCCW: Terry Gordy defeated Dick Murdoch to retain the WCCW Texas Brass Knuckles title

CWF: Dusty Rhodes defeated Superstar Billy Graham

HCW: Junkyard Dog defeated King Kong Bundy to win the Houston Heavyweight title

MACW signs Terry Gordy

week 3, May 1983 - Monday & Tuesday

Monday

AJPW: Hara and Inoue defeated Misawa and Ishikawa to retain the All-Asia Tag Team titles

AJPW: Stan Hansen & Bruiser Brody defeated Giant Baba & Jumbo Tsuruta to retain the NWA International Tag Team titles

WWC: Los Inferno #1 defeated El Gran Apollo to retain the WWC World Junior Heavyweight title

CWA: Jerry Lawler defeated Randy Savage to retain the AWA International title

CWA: The Fabulous Ones defeated The Rock and Roll Express to retain the AWA Southern Tag Team titles

UWA: Apache and Black Man defeated Ultraman and Hamada to win the UWA World Tag Team titles

UWA: El Solitario defeated Perro Aguayo to win the UWA World Middleweight title

SECW: Randy Rose defeated Ken Lucas to retain the Southeastern Brass Knuckles title

SECW: Boris Zhukov defeated Super Olympia

GLOW: The Cheerleaders defeated Hollywood & Vine to retain the GLOW Tag Team titles

--------------------------------

Tuesday

WWF: Don Muraco defeated Pedro Morales to retain the WWF Intercontinental title

MACW: Featured Attraction defeated Assassin #2 and Kiniski to retain the Mid-Atlantic US Tag Team titles

MACW: Greg Valentine defeated Roddy Piper to retain the United States Heavyweight title

MACW: Ric Flair defeated Harley Race

AJPW: Hara and Inoue defeated Misawa and Ishikawa to retain the All-Asia Tag Team titles

CWF: The Purple Haze defeated Scott McGhee to win the Florida Heavyweight title

CWF: Superstar Graham and Sullivan defeated Barry Windham and BJ Mulligan to retain the Florida Tag Team titles

MLW: The Sheik and Brower defeated Sharpe and Singh to win the Canadian Open Tag Team titles

WWC: Super Medic #1 defeated TNT to retain the WWC Puerto Rican Heavyweight title

WWC: Bob Sweetan defeated Hercules Ayala to retain the Universal Heavyweight title

WWC: Carlos Colon & The Invader defeated Los Inferno and Rotten Ron to retain the WWC World Tag Team titles

DCW: Sabu defeated Scott Steiner to retain the Big Time Television title

week 3, May 1983 - Wednesday

Southwest Championship Wrestling presents SWCW Super Show

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm185/doncoryell/ws2pics/MrPogo.jpg

Mr.Pogo

vs

Mark Calaway

blow-by-blow

Mark Calaway finds himself on the receiving end of a standing side headlock

The kick to gut didn't seem to faze Mark Calaway, who just stood there and glared at Mr.Pogo

Mark Calaway moved and the forearm blow missed!

Mr.Pogo easily blocked the kick to gut

The throat thrust was countered into a side headlock takedown

Mr.Pogo applied the front facelock

Mr.Pogo with a full arm drag and twist

The forearm blow didn't seem to faze Mark Calaway, who just stood there and glared at Mr.Pogo

Look at it, folks! Look at it! It's a side headlock!!!! Wow

Mr.Pogo with a brutal running chop to the head!!

Mark Calaway slipped out of the side suplex

Mark Calaway whips Mr.Pogo to the corner

Mr.Pogo moved and the repeated shoulder ram missed!

Mr.Pogo hit the short arm knee to stomach

Mr.Pogo hit the hammerlock drive

Mark Calaway hit the corner big boot

Mark Calaway brings Mr.Pogo out of the corner

Mr.Pogo moved and the kick to gut missed!

Mark Calaway easily broke the standing armpit claw

Mark Calaway whips Mr.Pogo into the ropes

Calaway with a backdrop and Mr.Pogo is flat on his back!

Mr.Pogo counters by fighting back

Mark Calaway easily broke the piledriver

The big man picks him up in a suplex and...OH, Mr.Pogo is dropped to the mat!

Mark Calaway counters by reversing on Mr.Pogo

Mark Calaway hit the corner clothesline

Mark Calaway picks up Mr.Pogo

The choke throw was countered into a forearm blow

Mr.Pogo begins to repeatedly jab Calaway in the throat with that taped thumb!!

Mr.Pogo applied the spinning toe hold

Will this be it?

Calaway narrowly avoids the powder toss!!

Mr.Pogo easily blocked the big boot

The running clothesline was countered into a kick to gut

Mr.Pogo hit the falling chop to forehead

Mr.Pogo picks up Mark Calaway

Mark Calaway hit the powerslam

Mr.Pogo moved and the big legdrop missed!

Mr.Pogo picks up Mark Calaway

Mark Calaway counters by reversing on Mr.Pogo

Mark Calaway unleashes a vicious flurry of punch combos!

Mark Calaway easily broke the standing armpit claw

Mr.Pogo easily rolled through with the arm wringer smash

Mark Calaway moved and the repeated thumb jabs to throat missed!

Mark Calaway throws Mr.Pogo to ringside

Mr.Pogo easily blocked the ringside table face smash

Mr.Pogo easily slipped out the back of the guard rail press and drop

Mr.Pogo hit the chair shot to head

1!

2!

Kick out just after two!

Mr.Pogo applied the standing armpit claw

Escaped!

Calaway narrowly avoids the powder toss!!

Mark Calaway hit the ring apron ram

Mark Calaway rolls Mr.Pogo back into the ring

Mark Calaway hit the sidewalk slam

Mr.Pogo easily broke the grounded iron claw

Mark Calaway easily broke the spinning toe hold

And that'll slow you down in a hurry! Mr.Pogo took that shot right in the throat

Mr.Pogo easily slipped out the back of the corner stomp flurry

Mr.Pogo applied the standing stomach claw

Will this be it?

It's still locked in!

Match Time: 13:00

Match Rating: C

Super Show Results

The Dynamic Duo defeated The Guerrero Brothers

The Sheepherders defeated The Grapplers to retain the Southwest Tag Team titles

(Mr.Pogo defeated Mark Calaway)

Adrian Adonis defeated Manny Fernandez to win the Undisputed World Heavyweight title

Mr.Piledriver and Scott Casey defeated Brooks and The Hangman

Wednesday

AWA: Mike Graham defeated Buck Zumhofe to retain the AWA Light Heavyweight title

AWA: Jesse Ventura defeated Billy Robinson to retain the AWA Television title

AWA: Chief Wahoo and The Hulkster defeated Bockwinkel and King Kong Brody

GCW: Jake Roberts defeated Mr.Wrestling II to retain the National Television title

GCW: Ronnie Garvin defeated Arn Anderson

GCW: Les Thornton defeated Tim Horner to retain the Georgia Junior Heavyweight title

GCW: The Spoiler defeated Bob Armstrong

MSW: Jim Garvin defeated Jim Duggan to retain the Mid-South Television title

AJW: Kyoto Inoue defeated Seiko Honawa to retain the All-Japan Junior Womens title

AJW: Crush Girls defeated The Jumping Bomb Angels to retain the All-Japan Womens Tag Team titles

AJW: Jaguar Yokota defeated Dump Matsumoto to retain the All-Japan Womens title

UWA: El Solitario defeated Black Man to retain the UWA World Middleweight title

-------------------------------------------

Thursday

EMLL: Son of the Saint, Fu and Blue Panther defeated Lizmark, Chavo and Duende que Camina to retain the CMLL World Trios titles

EMLL: Villano III defeated Mando Guerrero to win the NWA World Lightweight title

UWA: Gran Hamada defeated Black Man to win the UWA World Junior Lightweight title

ASWUK: Mike Jordan defeated Terry Jowett to win the British Commonwealth Middleweight title

ASWUK: Finlay and Superstar defeated Wright and Cullen

<p>week 3, May 1983 - Friday</p><p> </p><p>

<span>http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm185/doncoryell/ws2pics/PNW.jpg</span></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Big Time Wrestling</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong>

</strong><span>http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm185/doncoryell/ws2pics/JoeMalenko.jpg</span></p><p><strong>

Joe Malenko</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong>

vs</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong>

</strong><span>http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm185/doncoryell/ws2pics/MeanMark.jpg</span></p><p><strong>

Mark Calaway</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong>

one fall, 60 minute time limit</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong>

</strong><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">blow-by-blow</span></strong></p><p>

Joe Malenko applied the front facelock</p><p>

And Joe Malenko clamps on a standing side headlock</p><p>

The european uppercut didn't seem to faze Mark Calaway, who just stood there and glared at Joe Malenko</p><p>

The punch didn't seem to faze Mark Calaway, who just stood there and glared at Joe Malenko</p><p>

Malenko goes to work on Calaway's arm with that standing arm bar</p><p>

Mark Calaway slipped out of the standing side headlock</p><p>

Mark Calaway hit the punch</p><p>

Mark Calaway whips Joe Malenko into the ropes</p><p>

Joe Malenko moved and the backdrop missed!</p><p>

Joe Malenko hit the snap mare takedown</p><p>

Mark Calaway suddenly sits up, then stands</p><p>

Joe Malenko applied the front facelock</p><p>

Joe Malenko hit the dropkick into the corner</p><p>

Joe Malenko hit the corner forearm charge</p><p>

Joe Malenko hit the charging forearm</p><p>

Mark Calaway easily broke the straddled arm bar</p><p>

Mark Calaway whips Joe Malenko to the corner</p><p>

Mark Calaway hit the turnbuckle smash</p><p>

<strong><span style="color:#008000;">Mark Calaway stops to acknowledge the fans at ringside</span></strong></p><p>

Mark Calaway hit the seated back kick</p><p>

Mark Calaway picks up Joe Malenko</p><p>

And that'll slow you down in a hurry! Malenko took that shot right in the throat</p><p>

The referee warns that that was illegal</p><p>

<strong><span style="color:#008000;">The crowd start a chant for Mark Calaway</span></strong></p><p>

Joe Malenko easily slipped out of the corner punch flurry</p><p>

Joe Malenko hit the repeated european uppercuts</p><p>

Joe Malenko hit the charging forearm</p><p>

Mark Calaway easily broke the The boston crab</p><p>

Joe Malenko counters by reversing on Mark Calaway</p><p>

Joe Malenko hit the running dropkick</p><p>

<strong><span style="color:#008000;">Joe Malenko stops to shout some abuse at some fans in the front row</span></strong></p><p>

Mark Calaway slipped out of the crucifix leg bar</p><p>

Mark Calaway hit the running clothesline</p><p>

Mark Calaway hit the big boot</p><p>

<strong><span style="color:#008000;">The crowd start a chant for Mark Calaway</span></strong></p><p>

And that'll slow you down in a hurry! Malenko took that shot right in the throat</p><p>

Mark Calaway hit the kick to gut</p><p>

The corner high knee was countered into a drop toe hold</p><p>

Mark Calaway suddenly sits up, then stands</p><p>

The charging forearm was countered into a running clothesline</p><p>

Joe Malenko counters by fighting back</p><p>

Malenko with the small package!! That one came out of no where!</p><p>

The referee begins the count</p><p>

1!</p><p>

2!</p><p>

Kick out!</p><p>

Joe Malenko with a beautiful cradle suplex!! We may get a pin</p><p>

The referee begins the count</p><p>

1!</p><p>

2!</p><p>

This could be it!</p><p>

Kick out at two-and-a-half!</p><p>

Mark Calaway slipped out of the belly to back cradle suplex</p><p>

Mark Calaway hit the corner stomp flurry</p><p>

Mark Calaway hit the kick to gut</p><p>

Calaway levels Malenko with a big roundhouse punch!!</p><p>

<strong><span style="color:#FF0000;">Calaway is stalking Malenko...Mark Calaway clamps on the iron claw...This could be it, folks!</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="color:#FF0000;">

The referee checks the submission</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="color:#FF0000;">

It seems to be locked in!</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="color:#FF0000;">

Will this be it?</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="color:#FF0000;">

It's still locked in!</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="color:#FF0000;">

The referee has called for the bell!</span></strong></p><p><strong>

Match Time</strong>: 9:00</p><p>

<strong>Match Rating: </strong><strong><span style="color:#FFA500;">C+</span></strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong>

</strong><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">TV Show Results</span></strong></p><p>

(<strong><span style="color:#FF0000;">Mark Calaway defeated Joe Malenko</span></strong>)</p><p>

Dizzy Ed Hogan defeated Chris Colt</p><p>

Don Running Bear defeated Dean Malenko to retain the PNW Television title</p><p>

Rip Oliver defeated Billy Two Eagles</p><p>

Buddy Rose & Ed Wiskowski defeated Billy Jack and Borne to retain the PNW Heavyweight Tag Team titles</p>

<p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Friday</span></strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong>

JPUK</strong>: Jim Breaks defeated Jon Cortez to retain the World Mid-Heavyweight title</p><p>

<strong>JPUK</strong>: The Caribbean Sunshine Boys defeated Grey and Kilby to retain the World of Sport Tag Team titles</p><p>

<strong>JPUK</strong>: Marc Rocco defeated Clive Myers to retain the British Light Heavyweight title</p><p>

<strong>MACW</strong>: Greg Valentine defeated Bob Orton Jr to retain the United States Heavyweight title</p><p>

<strong>MACW</strong>: Dory Funk Jr defeated Nikita Koloff to retain the Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight title</p><p>

<strong>MACW</strong>: Featured Attraction defeated Assassin 2 and Kiniski to retain the Mid-Atlantic US Tag Team titles</p><p>

<strong>MACW</strong>: <span style="color:#FF0000;">Race and Koloff defeated Flair and Chief Wahoo</span></p><p>

<strong>AWA</strong>: The High Flyers defeated The Sheiks to retain the AWA World Tag Team titles</p><p>

<strong>AWA</strong>: Mike Graham defeated Buck Zumhofe to retain the AWA Light Heavyweight title</p><p>

<strong>AWA</strong>: Jesse Ventura defeated The Crusher to retain the AWA Television title</p><p>

<strong>AWA</strong>: <span style="color:#FF0000;">The Hulkster and The Bruiser defeated Bockwinkel and King Kong Brody</span></p><p>

<strong>WCCW</strong>: The Amazing Wrestlers defeated Kamala & The Missing Link to retain the WCCW Texas Tag Team titles</p><p>

<strong>WCCW</strong>: Dick Murdoch defeated Terry Gordy to win the WCCW Texas Brass Knuckles title</p><p>

<strong>WCCW</strong>: Larry Zbyszko defeated Kevin Von Erich to win the WCCW American Heavyweight title</p><p>

<strong>MSW</strong>: Tim Horner defeated Lord Humongous to win the Louisiana State Championship title</p><p>

<strong>CWF</strong>: Barry Windham defeated Adrian Street to retain the Florida Television title</p><p>

<strong>CWF</strong>: Blackjack Mulligan defeated The Purple Haze to retain the Florida Brass Knuckles title</p><p>

<strong>CWF</strong>: <span style="color:#FF0000;">Dusty Rhodes defeated Superstar Billy Graham</span></p><p>

<strong>WWC</strong>: Los Inferno #1 defeated Super Medic #1 to retain the WWC World Junior Heavyweight title</p><p>

<strong>SWCW</strong>: The Sheepherders defeated The Grapplers to retain the Southwest Tag Team titles</p><p>

<strong>UWF</strong>: Kazuo Yamazaki defeated Koji Kanemoto to retain the UWF Nationwide title</p><p>

<strong>DCW</strong>: Sabu defeated Michael Kirschner to retain the Big Time Television title</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="color:#FF0000;">Hulk Hogan signs with MLW</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

--------------------------------------------------</p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Saturday</span></strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong>

JPUK</strong>: The Caribbean Sunshine Boys defeated Grey and Kilby to retain the World of Sport Tag Team titles</p><p>

<strong>JPUK</strong>: Marc Rocco defeated Jon Cortez to retain the British Light Heavyweight title</p><p>

<strong>MACW</strong>: Featured Attraction defeated Assassin 2 and Kiniski to retain the Mid-Atlantic US Tag Team titles</p><p>

<strong>MACW</strong>: Dory Funk Jr defeated Nikita Koloff to retain the Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight title</p><p>

<strong>MACW</strong>: Steamboat & Youngblood defeated Slater and Valentine to retain the NWA World Tag Team titles</p><p>

<strong>GCW</strong>: <span style="color:#FF0000;">Brad Armstrong and Garvin defeated Team Chaos Theory</span></p><p>

<strong>GCW</strong>: Les Thornton defeated Bruno Sammartino Jr to retain the Georgia Junior Heavyweight title</p><p>

<strong>GCW</strong>: <span style="color:#FF0000;">Sawyer and Spoiler defeated Bob Armstrong and Brett Wayne</span></p><p>

<strong>GCW</strong>: Jake Roberts defeated Mr.Wrestling II to retain the National Television title</p><p>

<strong>GCW</strong>: The Survivors defeated The Road Warriors to retain the National Tag Team titles</p><p>

<strong>CSTATES</strong>: The Missing Link defeated Roger Kirby to win the Central States Television title</p><p>

<strong>CSTATES</strong>: The Moondogs defeated The Oates Brothers to retain the Central States Tag Team titles</p><p>

<strong>CSTATES</strong>: Ox Baker defeated Harley Race to retain the Central States Heavyweight title</p><p>

<strong>CWA</strong>: Bill Dundee defeated Terry Taylor to retain the AWA Southern Heavyweight title</p><p>

<strong>CWA</strong>: Rick Rude defeated Koko B Ware to retain the CWA Mid-America Heavyweight title</p><p>

<strong>CWA</strong>: Jerry Lawler went to a time limit draw with Austin Idol to retain the AWA International title</p><p>

<strong>SECW</strong>: Randy Rose defeated Ken Lucas to retain the Southeastern Brass Knuckles title</p><p>

<strong>SECW</strong>: Borris Zhukov defeated Mr.Olympia to retain the Southeastern Heavyweight title</p><p> </p><p>

-----------------------------------------</p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Sunday</span></strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong>

WWF</strong>: The Wild Samoans defeated The United Forces to retain the WWF Tag Team titles</p><p>

<strong>WWF</strong>: Don Muraco defeated Rocky Johnson to retain the WWF Intercontinental title</p><p>

<strong>GCW</strong>: <span style="color:#FF0000;">Double A and Brett Wayne defeated Starbuck and Pistol Pez</span></p><p>

<strong>GCW</strong>: Jake Roberts defeated Tim Horner to retain the National Television title</p><p>

<strong>GCW</strong>: Les Thornton defeated Bruno Sammartino Jr to retain the Georgia Junior Heavyweight title</p><p>

<strong>GCW</strong>: <span style="color:#FF0000;">The Spoiler defeated Mr.Wrestling II</span></p><p>

<strong>WCCW</strong>: Michael Hayes & Terry Gordy defeated The Amazing Wrestlers to retain the WCCW American Tag Team titles</p><p>

<strong>MSW</strong>: Junkyard Dog defeated Jim Garvin to retain the North American Heavyweight title</p><p>

<strong>CWF</strong>: <span style="color:#FF0000;">Superstar Graham and Sullivan defeated Barry Windham & BJ Mulligan to retain the Florida Tag Team titles</span></p><p>

<strong>CSW</strong>: Jim Neidhart & Mr.Hito defeated Bruce & Owen Hart to retain the CSW International Tag Team titles</p><p>

<strong>CSW</strong>: The Great Gama defeated Dynamite Kid to win the British Commonwealth Mid-Heavyweight title</p><p>

<strong>IWA</strong>: Gilles Poisson & Sailor White defeated Team Midnight to retain the International Tag Team titles</p><p>

<strong>IWA</strong>: Jos Leduc defeated Dino Bravo to win the International Heavyweight title</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="color:#0000FF;">Terry Gordy leaves WCCW and joins MACW</span></strong></p>

<p>I think that I'm going to love being in SWCW. I haven't "worked" with almost all of the roster so it's new to me. The hardcore matches allow me to get to use the outside longer and gets the big moves in in order to "wow" the crowd. The only problem is that there is a conflict with PNW every Friday but sometimes the "old man" allows me to go to SWCW by not booking me.</p><p> </p><p>

I'm wondering if the game's AI knows that the SWCW TV show is broadcast on cable and could be shown nationwide. I doubt it but I'll know for sure as I go from month to month.</p><p> </p><p>

I've held back on the spending of the initial $5,000 to increase the wrestler's skills because I'm "building" the skills a little differently. After each match I look at my opponent's skills and if there is a "B-" or better in his performance, technical or entertainment skills (except mic) I'll increase that skill up to my monthly "goal". This allows the aspect of building the wrestler in WS2 (building through earnings) to combine with WS's way of increasing a wrestlers skill through working with the better opponents (building through experience).</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="captainlou" data-cite="captainlou" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24496" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I think that I'm going to love being in SWCW. I haven't "worked" with almost all of the roster so it's new to me. The hardcore matches allow me to get to use the outside longer and gets the big moves in in order to "wow" the crowd. The only problem is that there is a conflict with PNW every Friday but sometimes the "old man" allows me to go to SWCW by not booking me.<p> </p><p> I'm wondering if the game's AI knows that the SWCW TV show is broadcast on cable and could be shown nationwide. I doubt it but I'll know for sure as I go from month to month.</p><p> </p><p> I've held back on the spending of the initial $5,000 to increase the wrestler's skills because I'm "building" the skills a little differently. After each match I look at my opponent's skills and if there is a "B-" or better in the performance, technical or entertainment skills (except mic) I'll increase that skill up to my monthly "goal". This allows the aspect of building the wrestler in WS2 (building through earnings) to combine with WS's way of increasing a wrestlers skill through working with the better opponents (building through experience).</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That's kind of how I do it, up to C level I allow myself a free pass;since C is "just about the usual" I chalk that up to just in-ring experience,regular exercise,etc.....once it starts going to B- territory and beyond then I need a definite reason (having a friend in the same promotion with a high skill level helping me out,working with a good quality opponent and so forth)</p><p> </p><p> Even then I do a self-imposed "hard cap" on how much i can gain in a skill in a month;I don't want to have a wrestler go from average stength to Andre the Giant levels of strength in the space of a month....I always figure about 2 years to go from "raw" to "good enough to for a high card push" is about right.....heck it took about 7 years for Flair to become good enough to be considered for an NWA World Title run.....granted you did have your Magnum T.A.'s(He was going to get the NWA World Title but the accident prevented it,even then it took about 4 years to reach that level).....but when every wrestler starts going that route it becomes a bit boring and loses it's charm.</p>

week 4, May 1983 - Monday thru Thursday

Monday

AJPW: Ashura Hara defeated Mitsuharu Misawa to retain the All-Asia Heavyweight title

AJPW: Stan Hansen & Bruiser Brody defeated Giant Baba & Jumbo Tsuruta to retain the NWA International Tag Team titles

CWA: Rick Rude defeated Koko B Ware to retain the CWA Mid-America Heavyweight title

UWA: Rough and Tumble defeated The Unforgiven to retain the UWA World Tag Team titles

UWA: El Solitario defeated Enrique Vera to retain the UWA World Middleweight title

GLOW: Hollywood & Vine defeated The Cheerleaders to win the GLOW Tag Team titles

-------------------------------------

Tuesday

WWF: Don Muraco defeated Ivan Putski to retain the WWF Intercontinental title

MACW: Greg Valentine defeated Bob Orton Jr to retain the United States Heavyweight title

MACW: Ric Flair defeated Harley Race to retain the NWA World Heavyweight title

MACW: Jack Brisco and Koloff defeated Steamboat & Youngblood to win the NWA World Tag Team titles

AWA: Mike Graham defeated Steve O to retain the AWA Light Heavyweight title

AWA: Jesse Ventura defeated Leon White to retain the AWA Television title

AWA: Robinson and Dr.D defeated The Hulkster and Martel

AWA: Nick Bockwinkel defeated Baron Von Raschke to retain the AWA World Heavyweight title

CWF: Barry Windham defeated Ron Bass to retain the Florida Television title

CWF: Blackjack Mulligan defeated The Purple Haze to retain the Florida Brass Knuckles title

CWF: Dusty Rhodes defeated Superstar Billy Graham

MLW: Iron Mike Sharpe defeated Tiger Jeet Singh to retain the NWA Canadian Television title

WWC: Hercules Ayala defeated TNT to retain the WWC North American Heavyweight title

WWC: Los Inferno #1 defeated El Gran Apollo to retain the WWC World Junior Heavyweight title

----------------------------------

Wednesday

AWA: The High Flyers defeated Powerslave to retain the AWA World Tag Team titles

AWA: The Hulkster and Chief Wahoo defeated Zumhofe and The Crippler

GCW: Team Chaos Theory defeated Mr.Wrestling II and Orton

GCW: Les Thornton defeated Bruno Sammartino Jr to retain the Georgia Junior Heavyweight title

GCW: Zbyszko and Spoiler defeated Hawk and Jake The Snake

MSW: Jim Garvin defeated Magnum TA to retain the Mid-South Television title

AJW: Kyoto Inoue defeated Itsuki Yamazaki to retain the All-Japan Junior Womens title

AJW: Crush Girls defeated The Wild Riders to retain the All-Japan Womens Tag Team titles

UWA: Gran Hamada defeated Rayo de Jalisco Jr to retain the UWA World Junior Lightweight title

UWA: Rough and Tumble defeated The Unforgiven to retain the UWA World Tag Team titles

--------------------------------------

Thursday

EMLL: Son of the Saint, Fu and Blue Panther defeated Chavo, Lizmark and Ray of Jalisco Jr to retain the CMLL World Trios titles

EMLL: Villano III defeated El Supremo to retain the NWA World Lightweight title

WWF: Don Muraco defeated Rocky Johnson to retain the WWF Intercontinental title

UWA: Gran Hamada defeated Black Man to retain the UWA World Junior Lightweight title

ASWUK: Wayne Bridges defeated Rick Wiseman to retain the European Middleweight title

ASWUK: Mike Jordan defeated Terry Jowett to retain the British Commonwealth Middleweight title

ASWUK: Fit Finlay & Skull Murphy went to a double DQ with Wright and Bennett

week 4, May 1983 - Friday

Big Time Wrestling

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm185/doncoryell/ws2pics/DrTomPrichard.jpg

Tom Prichard

vs

Mark Calaway

one fall, 60 minute time limit

blow-by-blow

The forearm blow didn't seem to faze Mark Calaway, who just stood there and glared at Tom Prichard

Tom Prichard hit the snap mare takedown

Prichard with a full arm drag and twist

The punch didn't seem to faze Mark Calaway, who just stood there and glared at Tom Prichard

Mark Calaway slipped out of the standing arm bar

Tom Prichard moved and the punch missed!

Tom Prichard applied the front facelock

Prichard with a full arm drag and twist

Tom Prichard hit the headbutt

Look at it, folks! Look at it! It's a side headlock!!!! Wow

Prichard goes to work on Calaway's arm with that standing arm bar

Tom Prichard hit the hammerlock drive

Prichard leans in to Calaway...He's got that tag rope and is choking Calaway!! REF!?!

Mark Calaway slipped out of the corner punch flurry

Mark Calaway hit the arm wringer smash

Mark Calaway whips Tom Prichard to the corner

Tom Prichard easily blocked the turnbuckle smash

Mark Calaway hit the corner big boot

Mark Calaway brings Tom Prichard out of the corner

Tom Prichard easily blocked the punch

And that'll slow you down in a hurry! Prichard took that shot right in the throat

The referee warns that that was illegal

Mark Calaway picks up Tom Prichard

Mark Calaway hit the headbutt

The crowd start a chant for Mark Calaway

Calaway levels Prichard with a big roundhouse punch!!

The big roundhouse punch was countered into a side headlock punch to face

Tom Prichard leaps into the air and crashes into Calaway's arm with his knee

Prichard grabs the top rope, leaps...Ohh, a knee right to the back of Calaway's head!

Tom Prichard picks up Mark Calaway

Tom Prichard counters by reversing on Mark Calaway

Tom Prichard hit the corner knee charge

Mark Calaway unleashes a vicious flurry of punch combos!

Mark Calaway hit the corner high knee

Tom Prichard counters by fighting back

The corner clothesline was countered into a roundhouse body punch

Tom Prichard easily blocked the giant killer bodyslam

Tom Prichard moved and the corner clothesline missed!

Prichard is dazed.....The running elbow is right on target!

Tom Prichard easily blocked the pillar to post buckle smash

The corner giant choke was countered into a roundhouse body punch

Tom Prichard whips Mark Calaway into the ropes

Tom Prichard hit the running double axe handle

Mark Calaway easily broke the main event sleeper hold

Mark Calaway whips Tom Prichard into the ropes

The lariat clothesline was countered into a running clothesline

Tom Prichard picks up Mark Calaway

Uh-Oh! Mark Calaway is helpless in those ropes...Prichard takes advantage!!

Mark Calaway moved and the grounded punch to ear missed!

Mark Calaway throws Tom Prichard to ringside

The referee begins counting the competitors out

This is carnage, ladies and gentlemen...Calaway slams Prichard's face into the rail!!

The referee reaches the halfway point of his count

The crowd start a chant for Mark Calaway

Tom Prichard counters by fighting back

The referee is almost ready to count both competitors out

Tom Prichard drags Mark Calaway back into the ring

Mark Calaway hit the headbutt

Tom Prichard broke the grounded iron claw

And that'll slow you down in a hurry! Prichard took that shot right in the throat

Tom Prichard moved and the big roundhouse punch missed!

Tom Prichard hit the running clothesline

Mark Calaway throws Tom Prichard to ringside

The referee begins counting the competitors out

Tom Prichard easily blocked the ringside table face smash

The referee reaches the halfway point of his count

Tom Prichard blocked the ring apron ram. This is the second block in a row, and Tom Prichard takes control

The referee is almost ready to count both competitors out

Say goodnight, Calaway...Tom Prichard with the sleeperhold!

Both competitors return to the ring before they are counted out

Uh-Oh! Mark Calaway is helpless in those ropes...Prichard takes advantage!!

The referee is furious at that breach of the rules

Tom Prichard applied the spinning toe hold

Will this be it?

Mark Calaway hit the powerslam

Whew! Tom Prichard narrowly escapes that claw attempt!

Mark Calaway counters by reversing on Tom Prichard

Mark Calaway hit the corner clothesline

Whew! Tom Prichard narrowly escapes that claw attempt!

Say goodnight, Calaway...Tom Prichard with the sleeperhold!

Will this be it?

Mark Calaway hit the short arm clothesline

Tom Prichard leaps into the air and crashes into Calaway's arm with his knee

Mark Calaway hit the giant big boot

Tom Prichard hit the running clothesline

Tom Prichard applied the spinning toe hold

Will this be it?

The running elbow smash was countered into a running clothesline

The fans rally behind Mark Calaway, trying to get him fired up

WHOA...Look at that! Power press slam by Calaway!

Calaway is stalking Prichard...Mark Calaway clamps on the iron claw...This could be it, folks!

Will this be it?

It's still locked in!

Match Time: 19:40

Match Rating: C+

TV Show Results

Dynamite Kid & The Assassin defeated Barr and Hogan

Don Running Bear defeated Dean Malenko to retain the PNW Television title

(Mark Calaway defeated Tom Prichard)

Billy Jack defeated Buddy Rose