Malice in Wonderland

I just wanted to get peoples take on how they book this PPV. I have always booked Total Mayhem as the "Wrestlemania" of TCW but have always been a little lost as to booking Malice in Wonderland. It is very difficult to build the PPV when you first start a new game as you only have a month.

Obviously stuff has been going on before you took over and you have to take your cues from the bios. I usually run most of the matches between the Syndicate and the loose alliance that opposes them. With Malice being a big name PPV its the perfect time for you to turn anyone you think you need to as you can just pretend that it had been leading up to that before you got there. I usually try and even out my card in terms of face and heels but I try not to have too many turns on that first PPV two at the most.

So don't worry to much about building up to something just assume its been mostly built up too and run with it.

In my Hollywood the Game (http://www.hollywoodthegame.net) ongoing series Malice was my second PPV. I used it to build my main heel stable Old School (Cornell, Thatcher, BLZ Bubb at the time).

For Total Mayhem I invented a special gimmick match the Total Mayhem match. A six-match match which mixes the staggered entry of Lethal Lockdown with the rules of King of the Mountain (except no stupid hanging the belt instead of retrieving it).

My complete Malice Show is here (based on 2005 not 2008 with imported RL workers)

http://fooles.hitpoint.ca/TCWMalice.htm

If you prefer to just read the recap of the show check out my thread in Special diaries.

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49856

When the game starts, I believe Cornell has just won the belt back from RDJ. So maybe make the main event a rematch with a stipulation of some kind if you want and then build the rest of the show around that.

At least you've got the whole month. SWF gives you two weeks and if you play Coastal Zone, the first day of gameplay is Big Event Day :eek:

When the game starts, I believe Cornell has just won the belt back from RDJ. So maybe make the main event a rematch with a stipulation of some kind if you want and then build the rest of the show around that.

At least you've got the whole month. SWF gives you two weeks and if you play Coastal Zone, the first day of gameplay is Big Event Day :eek:

I almost always start the game off with Baine vs Cornell because Baine has the pop to carry on a good feud even though he has no chance in hell of taking the belt. For Wolf I usually just have him taking on whomever. A lot of times that ends of being either Joey Minnesota or Rocky Golden. Sam I usually start off jobbing to Ricky Dale Johnson and of course the Machines vs the New Wave.

Actually Cornell won the title in December 2006. So he's in month 13 from the very beginning.

I get burned out on booking TCW but I like the idea of "one last match" for RDJ since he's not a great worker but he's the top babyface. Then maybe a 4 on 4 or similar gimmick match with the Syndicate vs. the "good guys," maybe with a turn for Golden or Law for not making the "good guy" cut.

and if you play Coastal Zone, the first day of gameplay is Big Event Day :eek:

Actually, I like that situation. When I have that, I just throw together Most Over vs Second Most Over and so on to get a event caliber card together and then start building once that's over. Now whether that's the best approach or not can be debated. But it's how I've always approached getting the ole feet wet at the start of a new game

Archived