Linda McMahon resigns as CEO of WWE...

CQI13

and will run against Chris Dodd for his Senate seat in Connecticut.

Vince will be taking her place as CEO.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB125310325822615619.html

I highly doubt she's going to win. With all that has happened lately that has tarnished the already flimsy reputation of profesional wrestling because of HER company, it's a politicians gold mine.

She'll get the wrestling fans, regardless of whether or not she's running as a republican or a democrat, but she won't win. She made a living off of pandering to the lowest common denominator. This is a company that has wrestlers making love to corpses. If Dodd does not use this in his campaign against her, then he is too stupid to be in office.

She's running as a Republican. She'd have to win the primary against 3 others. And I'd be happier about it if Peter Schiff wasn't running already (I presume as an independent). As long as Chris Dodd doesn't win, everyone (except for Dodd that is) will be better for it.

She's running as a Republican. She'd have to win the primary against 3 others. And I'd be happier about it if Peter Schiff wasn't running already (I presume as an independent). As long as Chris Dodd doesn't win, everyone (except for Dodd that is) will be better for it.

Yeah, I'm not too aquainted with politics in CT, although I consider myself pretty politically saavy. However, CT is a liberal state for the most part so she already has that running against her. She's running reletively late for the primaries (idk when CT has theirs, but NY just had their primary elections yesterday) I say she's still running on hope.

Even with as liberal as the state is, the former representative (also Republican) who is leading the polls has about a 10% lead on Dodd (whose image as being chummy with the banking industry will hopefully end his reign).

Same in NY, our polls for Govenor shows that former mayor and republican presidential candidate Rudolph Guliani would CRUSH govenor Patterson who wore out his welcome pretty quickly. I personally didn't think he was THAT bad. He did find a decent middle ground with the MTA (public transportation company) and made it so prices don't rise too much while still fufilling the MTAs needs for the most part. Although I will be voting Cuomo this time around.

Same in NY, our polls for Govenor shows that former mayor and republican presidential candidate Rudolph Guliani would CRUSH govenor Patterson who wore out his welcome pretty quickly. I personally didn't think he was THAT bad. He did find a decent middle ground with the MTA (public transportation company) and made it so prices don't rise too much while still fufilling the MTAs needs for the most part. Although I will be voting Cuomo this time around.

You, as you admitted, have no idea how despised Chris Dodd is in his own state. Seriously. If a water main breaks in Stamford, it's Dodd's fault. :p Dodd is disliked more in CT than Patterson AND Pataki were, at their worst. He's also not that popular within his own party. I think the President is going to have to basically move to Connecticut to get Dodd re-elected.

But I don't think Linda's got any shot at that seat. I'm sure her opponents are licking their chops over how much material they have for attack ads. Remember, there's a double standard that still exists in American politics. Jeannine Pirro's political aspirations died....because of her husband's activities. Vince has been indicted too, hasn't he? Doesn't matter if he was acquitted. What will go in those ads is 'indicted'. They'll dig up footage from the 'Benoit fallout' period and splice it up to make her look like an airhead or overly sympathetic to 'criminals' and 'drug users' (which obviously means she's soft on crime, yes?). She's going to have to pull a Bloomberg. No way the state Republican committee gets behind her. :(

And Patterson is a momotard. If gets re-elected, I'm movin' :p

She's said she'll be mostly self funding her campaign (no donations over $100). Good for her for at least trying to do something. But if I was able to vote in CT (which I'm not), I'd probably vote for Schiff over her. Still very early to tell what might happen in the race (still 14 months away from the election, right?).

And if it doesn't work out, then Vince will just step down as CEO letting her return to her old post. Seeing as the decision was just announced today, it's probably a little early to write her off completely. But Stuart Smalley won a Senate race last year.

Isn't she part of the Board of Education in CT?

But I don't think Linda's got any shot at that seat. I'm sure her opponents are licking their chops over how much material they have for attack ads. Remember, there's a double standard that still exists in American politics. Jeannine Pirro's political aspirations died....because of her husband's activities. Vince has been indicted too, hasn't he? Doesn't matter if he was acquitted. What will go in those ads is 'indicted'. They'll dig up footage from the 'Benoit fallout' period and splice it up to make her look like an airhead or overly sympathetic to 'criminals' and 'drug users' (which obviously means she's soft on crime, yes?). She's going to have to pull a Bloomberg. No way the state Republican committee gets behind her. :(

I agree 100% These guys would be idiots not to use all that WWE dirt in attack ads.

And Patterson is a momotard. If gets re-elected, I'm movin'

He certainly isn't the JFK of NY that's for sure, though he's done a FEW things a agree with. I certainly wouldn't vote for him though. I even considered Gulliani and his parade of scandals before Patterson. Hell, I'll vote for Gulliani's comb-over before Patterson.

Seeing as the decision was just announced today, it's probably a little early to write her off completely. But Stuart Smalley won a Senate race last year.

What state was Al Franken running in? Is that state in any way comparable to a 'Tri-State area' jurisdiction? Did that state have a history of electing non-politicians to their highest offices (Governor Ventura)? You can't compare politics from widely disparate parts of the country. Minnesota is not Connecticut just as Alaska (Ted Stevens - 'The internet is a series of tubes') is not New York. Different places have different issues and even different values.

I don't think you need to wait until the week (or month) before an election to tell when/if someone has a good chance of winning. When Ralph Nader runs for President, do you need to wait until mid-October to figure out he's got no shot? Heck, even with all the support they had, everyone knew Ron Paul and Mike Huckabee had no chance of dealing with the Clinton-Obama juggernaut matchup.

But yeah, I guess you're right to an extent. Never say never. But there are too many things that have to fall just so for her to have all her ducks in a row enough to really stand a chance of challenging a still-powerful (if unpopular) incumbent in the state of Connecticut (who, incidentally, re-elected a long time incumbent who was dumped by his own party). Peter Schiff is infinitely more attractive as a candidate and member of the Senate than Linda would stack up to be (given his economic credentials). Dodd-McMahon could be spun as a 'lesser of two evils' type of choice and that always tends to favor 'the devil you know'. I'm with you, I'd favor Schiff far more than Linda.

What state was Al Franken running in? Is that state in any way comparable to a 'Tri-State area' jurisdiction? Did that state have a history of electing non-politicians to their highest offices (Governor Ventura)? You can't compare politics from widely disparate parts of the country. Minnesota is not Connecticut just as Alaska (Ted Stevens - 'The internet is a series of tubes') is not New York. Different places have different issues and even different values.

I don't think you need to wait until the week (or month) before an election to tell when/if someone has a good chance of winning. When Ralph Nader runs for President, do you need to wait until mid-October to figure out he's got no shot? Heck, even with all the support they had, everyone knew Ron Paul and Mike Huckabee had no chance of dealing with the Clinton-Obama juggernaut matchup.

But yeah, I guess you're right to an extent. Never say never. But there are too many things that have to fall just so for her to have all her ducks in a row enough to really stand a chance of challenging a still-powerful (if unpopular) incumbent in the state of Connecticut (who, incidentally, re-elected a long time incumbent who was dumped by his own party). Peter Schiff is infinitely more attractive as a candidate and member of the Senate than Linda would stack up to be (given his economic credentials). Dodd-McMahon could be spun as a 'lesser of two evils' type of choice and that always tends to favor 'the devil you know'. I'm with you, I'd favor Schiff far more than Linda.

Well said.

Archived