Felow TEW Vets! Come To My Aid!

So I took a few month hiatus from TEW because I was feeling burned out from it. So now I'm coming back, but whenever I start a new game, I lose interest before I even book the first show. Even with my bread and butter NYCW. I just can't get into any of them.

Has this ever happened to you guys, and if so, what did you do?

So I took a few month hiatus from TEW because I was feeling burned out from it. So now I'm coming back, but whenever I start a new game, I lose interest before I even book the first show. Even with my bread and butter NYCW. I just can't get into any of them.

I force myself to make stupid decisions.

When I got bored with one of my games, I had my A* Sean Deely lose the title to a B- Lobster Warrior on Lobsters first match in the company. Completely changed the creative juices.

Try playing a game with a completely different database that'll give you an entirely different challenge. A good one to use is i_effin_rule's Effganic mod. Because it's an organic mod, with only a few workers in the initial database and only one open promotion when it starts, you don't get the same game experience twice. It's a good game to play when starting your own promotion, as long as you don't mind the fact that none of the workers will have pictures by default, although I suppose you can always assign thnem in the in-game editor if you want.

Prolly because NYCW is your bread and butter so try something completely different and/or sign those guys that always just miss the cut instead of those you always get. Also you can set yourself some objectives apart from what the owner gives you. For instance not hiring anyone with a job or over age of 25 etc etc.

Set goals. Goals that differ from your usual ones.

I often burn myself out trying to figure out the ins and outs of TEW (mechanically) so when that happens, I set a simple goal and work toward it.

Most recently, I decided to use workers I normally don't (Golden Delicious, Mitsu Ariwa, Yoko Ikina, etc) and find ways to get them over. I even went a step further and based a diary around it (oh boy!).

One thing I do regularly is reduce all of the New Workers' debut dates by 5 years. This ensures that I'm always having new blood to work with, rather than having to play for 8 years with workers I know perhaps a bit too well (and having my blood pressure spike when one of them retires....at 30 :p).

I say change it up and do something different.

you need to have rules to make the game not too easy and worth playing imo\

whats really the point of booking SWF to A* shows if BSS isn't used at all

that's not much of a challenge now is it? (well it is but BSS is just a mega hoss)

hope you get the idea

To be fair, the main reason Scott is where he is is because he fits their product so perfectly. Getting him over doesn't tend to take too much effort (it's basically the opposite of what you'd do for say, Darryl Devine: restrict him to working outside the ring). And yeah, I've done it. 4 matches, 57 angles and he was at A overness across the US (B in Canada, C- in Europe, etc).

You want a challenge? Do that with Nevada Nuclear or Kashmir Singh or Cal Sanders.

I'm not sure if I could be considered a vet, however, creating a company of my own has always helped generate some interest for myself. That way you can dictate WHO you want on the roster & can ultimately creating a scenario for how the company came together. It gives you your own deal all together.

but I meant that in a sense of not playing to try to get A* as easy as possible

or maybe see how long you can job wolf hawkins before you get fired :D

Oh sure, but then you'd have to leave SWF alone entirely since it's possible to get A* with pretty much everyone on the roster if you get 'em over enough.

I'm not sure if I could be considered a vet, however, creating a company of my own has always helped generate some interest for myself. That way you can dictate WHO you want on the roster & can ultimately creating a scenario for how the company came together. It gives you your own deal all together.

This works too. Also, I find that if I let the game run for a year or two and then jump in, it gives me a totally different world to work with (especially if I open my own place).

I thoroughly enjoy the challenge of setting up my own promotion; everything from figuring out a name & product to hiring workers & deciding characters.

You have to be careful about the order in which you hire wrestlers, to keep your payroll under control (there is nothing worse than having to not sign a worker, or overpay a worker, because you hired others first and they want to be as well paid as 'other workers on the same level').

You have to approach hiring workers with a vision of how you want your promotion run (who are you focusing on, who are up & comers for your roster, who are you bringing in to make others look good, etc.). Otherwise you end-up with a horrible mish-mash of styles that don't produce good matches, or you end up face/heel-heavy.

Worker negotiations while you're building your roster can force you to change plans you might've already had in place (is someone demanding a title run to sign? are you too small for the worker you wanted as your centerpiece? unexpected auto-push levels wonking things up?) And, speaking of titles, how are you going to crown your first champion (tournament, battle royal, etc.)?

Of course, in all the roster building, don't forget to hire the rest of your crew (I once forgot to hire a ref, and didn't notice until I was booking the show). And, speaking of shows, what is your plan? Monthly arena shows, or multiple shows per month? Weekly PPVs? Monthly PPVs? Are you big enough to go after a TV deal when networks are accepting?

And when you get done with all of that. . . how are you going to book YOUR creation?

Archived