Turn Jeff Nova for me

Playing as 21CW. Faust antagonized Nova until he agreed to become a wrestler. Faust accused Nova of using his power as the company's owner to protect himself so Nova names Arson Wells GM for as long as Nova is an active wrestler. Wells, who was fired from 21CW when Nova first took over, immediately turns on Nova and becomes a heel GM, booking matches to Nova's disadvantage. Nova, with his creative control, of course overcomes all odds. Now he's becoming stale as a face. After 11 months of pushing him as the most wholesome, patriotic face how do I turn him? I don't want him involved in the title scene because it will be too difficult to take it off him. Faust is my biggest heel and has a pseudo-religious stable, The Clan, but he is now stale as a heel.

My champion is Joss Thompson, an American, so since Nova's current gimmick is a patriot I was thinking of turning him xenophobic, but xenophobia seems to appeal to a lot of wrestling fans. Plus I have Edward Cornell currently pushing himself as a Cornell who won't abandon the UK for America.

Or is it pointless to make Nova a heel since he'll insist on winning every match?

No, quite the opposite. Book him as a slimy heel who wins via cheating at every turn or a monster heel who wins with sheer power. The Ric Flair and Vader models of heeldom are good guides to the heel who wins a lot. Also, you can give him a stable, so the faces have people they can beat and pin, even if they cannot beat the leader, also known as the nWo model.

I'd evolve Nova into someone who considers being British to make him superior to everyone else and is determined to reign supreme in 21CW.

Nova could then put together a stable with him as the leader called The United Kingdom who prey on anyone not British or anyone that gets in their way.

Or is it pointless to make Nova a heel since he'll insist on winning every match?

Have you actually tried this? I mean, is it a given that he'll veto a loss? Personally, I can see a scenario where Nova, despite the best laid plans of Wells, is declared the number one contender (perhaps by defeating Faust in a number one contenders match) and faces Joss Thompson for the belt. Nova loses (or wins by DQ), due to interference from a disgruntled Faust, and Thompson retains the belt.

Next show, Wells declares Faust as the new number one contender and books him in a match against Thompson. As retribution for costing him the title, Nova either tries to interfere with Faust during the match, or save Thompson from a post-match beat down from The Clan, but, either way, ends up botching it, hitting Thompson instead. Thus begins a four-person storyline (featuring Faust, Nova, Thompson, and Wells) where the simmering tension between Nova and Thompson continues to grow as, match after match against Faust and The Clan, always seems to result in miscommunication and heated arguments between the two, as they can never seem to get on the same page. Eventually, a frustrated Nova challenges Thompson for a title re-match. Thompson somehow manages to retain the title yet again and Nova, already pushed to the limit with Thompson, just snaps, flooring him with his title.

From there the seeds are sown for what benjacko suggested with Nova taking on the role of a egotistical snob. Always quick to point out to the jeering crowds that this is his company, in his country, and he'll be damned if an American like Thompson is going to keep his title from him. From there, if you don't want to give Nova the title, you could introduce a new foil to go against him -- either a friend of Thompson's or someone who has a gripe against Nova. Down the line maybe Nova even joins Faust.

*Shrugs*

Anyhow, just my two cents. Hope that helps.

Foxcutter.

Thanks to all.

I've got Thompson up to C popularity so maybe after a DQ loss and some good promos I can build him up enough that Nova will accept the loss. Involving Faust and Wells (did you know they used to tag together? I just found that out) sounds good as Adam Matravers just left me for WEXXV (!?!?!) and I had to transfer his popularity to Faust.

Something to keep in mind, is that even if someone with Creative Control vetoes a loss, you can always get a title off of them by vacating the belt.

The WWF used this several times, to get the championship off someone they wanted to seem unstoppable, which allowed Randy Savage, Ric Flair, and The Rock to win their first WWF Championships.

So, you can give him a long and dominant run as champion (or a cheat-tastic one), and then have him stripped of the title. Heck, he could even declare himself ABOVE the title, and vacate it himself.

All in all, there's no better way to build the prestige of your World Title, than putting it on your top wrestler. In 21CW, that's undoubtedly Jeff Nova.

Cheers!

Another possible angle you're missing is that Nova is Scottish, not English like most of the rest of the roster, and so you could possibly play the patriot card as a heel, and imagine that he gets cheered when you go to Scotland. Much like Canadians in the WWE often get cheered in Canada even when they're heels.

Then you could run with the stable idea and have other Scottish workers join him, or go the Celtic route and recruit O'Curle and Red Dragon too (and the Dublin Destroyer, I guess ¬_¬). This would lead to another storyline with the Anglo-Scots Connection; you could either have London turn his back on his country, or on his team-mate.

Archived