The Four Horsemen of the AWA

"This sucks." *click* "It really sucks." *click* "Nothing is on." *click* *click*

"No doubt. I can't beleive MAW cut ME! Screw Rip!"

The two sat on the shaggy couch flipping channels, hoping something would inspire them to do something... anything.

Its been over a month since Erik Strong and MAW parted ways. Been over a month since he's been in the ring. As he sat with his best friend, Maxx Payne, neither had managed to do anything in over a month, and the bills were starting to pile up.

"Screw Rip. We should show him. Start our own promotion and run it the right way. Take his fans and his workers."

"Well, just take Kristen, and by take her I mean..."

"Yeah I got it."

"seriously though, we should start our own promotion. We could run it our way, do things the right way."

"We could. Get the band back together. Ha"

"Lets do it. We'll call Darryl see if he's in."

"make the call"...

Its been a week since the four sat down to start planning. After securing a nice loan from the Bank of Metropolis, it was official. Maxx Payne, Erik Strong, Darryl Devine, and Shooter Sean Deeley would be starting up the American Wrestling Association. The Four know they need to start from scratch, sign workers, sign a referee, a decent road agent, and make arrangements.

"We should do a few tours this year. Something simple to get our feet wet."

"not a bad idea"

"Keep it simple"

"alright, call everyone you know and lets get a roster set."

Its the first week in February, and the AWA has solidified its rosters. A few nice signings include Madman Boone and Ace Youngblood. Here's how the roster breaks down:

MAIN EVENT

Maxx Payne.......................Madman Boone

Stevie Grayson...................Doug Peak

UPPER MIDCARD

Ace Youngblood.................Shooter Sean Deeley

Darryl Devine.....................Warren Technique

Erik Strong........................William Hayes

MIDCARD

Velocidad ..........................Geoff Borne

Mark Smart........................Wierdo Waldo Outlaw

(faces are the left column, heels the right)

Announcers: Remmington Remus and Steve Smith

Color Commentary: Sara Silver

Authority Figure : Marty Papin

Referees: Jez McArthuer and Bret Graveson

Road Agent : Duncan Kendall

Managers: Katie Cameron and Jakki White Trash

Schedule:

Touring February, March, April (and a fall tour in August, September, October)

AWA Tuesday Night Fights every Tuesday (Small, 1 hour)

AWA Thursday Nitro every Thursday (Small, 1 hour)

AWA Saturday Night Main Event every Saturday (Small, 1.5 hour)

then the Medium sized events every three weeks - All Medium and 2 hours

AWA Febuary Big Show, Sunday Feb Wk 3

AWA March Madness, Sunday March Wk 2

AWA April Fool's, Sunday April Wk 1

AWA Spring Championships, Sunday Wk 4

Then the long break till the fall session

AWA Tuesday Night Fights Recap

Attendance: 7 (stellar crowd! all showed up for the free shrimp)

Shooter Sean def. Ace Youngblood in a strait singles match with a front choke lock. This awkward bout between two people who didn't click got an E+ rating. The vocal crowd was against Ace who they didn't want to see come back.

Warran Technique and William Hayes def. Velocidad and Mark Smart when Warran made Smart tap out with an STF. The match got an E rating despite Warren being off his game. Good color gave the match a boost.

Steve Smith hosted a bikini contest with Jakki White Trash and Katie Cameron. Katie C was the winner and the segment got a D rating.

Darryl Devine and Erik Strong def. Geoff Borne and Wierdo Waldo Odlaw when Darryl landed a Dream Drop on Weirdo. The vocal crowd didn't like seeing Weirdo and the announcing gave a big lift to the match which got an E+ rating.

Steve Smith was backstage interviewing Maxx Payne about the upcoming title match with Stevie Grayson, Madman Boone, and Doug Peak. The segment got a D rating.

The main event saw a ladder match between Maxx Payne, Stevie Grayson, Madman Boone, and Doug Peak for the AWA World Heavyweight Championship. Madman Boone recovered the title 11:52 into the match to be the first ever AWA Champion. Good match, receiving a D rating. The croud didn't like the overbooking of the match but the commentary gave the match a boost.

All in all, the one hour show for the AWA Premier Tuesday Night Fight received a D rating and should have increased the company's popularity.

The Four Horsemen of the AWA sit around the table following a successful first event.

Darryl Devine

Maxx Payne

Erik Strong

Shooter Sean

"I thought the main event went down well, even with the overbooks", Darryl announced. "Stevie looked good out there and Doug was able to hold his own. Who you got him taking on Thursday?"

"I was thinking of keeping the same four in a fued over the title, that should be enough to keep us going for a few weeks. Three shows a week means we need to keep things fresh." says the Payne.

"True, but what about the rest of us?" asks Erik.

"what about a mid level belt? Or tag team?" responds Darryl.

"I dont think we have the roster for a midlevel belt. But I like the idea of a tag belt. Put it on me and you, Darryl."

"Sounds like a plan guys. Anyone opposed? Good. Lets do it."

AWA Thursday Nitro

Attendance: 9

Ace Youngblood def. William Hayes in with a Flying Tomahawk Chop. This match once again had the crowd hating Ace Youngblood, bringing the mood down and getting an E+ rating.

Authority Marty Papin makes his way to the ring and calls out Maxx Payne and Madman Boone. He informs them they'd be facing each other tonight for the AWA Title. E+ Rating

Darryl Devine and Erik Strong team up and defeat Shooter Sean Deeley and Warren Technique, and the team of Weird Waldo and Geoff Borne, and the team of Velocidad and Mark Smart in a 2v2v2v2 Ladder match for the AWA Tag Team titles. Katie Cameron stood out as a good manager for Erik Strong. Good announcing helped give the match an E rating.

Stevie Grayson defeated Doug Peak with a Shades of Grayson. The match got a D- rating.

Katie and Jakki had a cat fight backstage that got a D+ rating

Finally the main event. It sees Madman Boone taking on Maxx Payne in a table match. Despite being off his game, Madman was able to take the victory and defense #1 for the AWA title. The match got a D+ rating.

The show got a D+ overall.

"Ace, can you come in the office please?" asks Maxx Payne.

"yeah boss, what's up?

"you've not been getting a good response out there. Any ideas?

"Well boss, I try my best, if they can't appreciate that then I don't know what to do.

"Maybe its the headdress and the rain dance, and the...."

"Whoa, are you mocking my heritage. My people have fought...

"Relax. I got no problem with your heratige. But maybe our fans do. Why don't you tone it down a bit and maybe play it off a bit different."

"I'll consider that boss. Maybe if you gimme the title It'll help get me over."

"yeah, I'll consider that Ace."

AWA Saturday Night Main Event (1 1/2 hour event)

Attendance: 6

The show starts off with Maxx Payne in the Ring. Out comes the Champion Madman Boone. Madman puts himself over and the match he'll be having tonight against Stevie Grayson and Doug Peak as Maxx was no problem for him last week. The event goes down without a hitch and gets a C- rating.

Warren Technique continues his winning ways with a STF win over Velocidad. F+ rating as Velocidad was off his game.

Steve Smith heads to the ring and calls out Katie Cameron, Jakki White Trash and Sara Silver who all strip down to their best bikinis for the audience. Cameron is the winner and the event gets a D.

Ace Youngblood defeated Maxx Payne and Warren Techniegue when Ace hit a Flying Tomahawk Chop against Warren Technique. Maybe the earlier match slowed him down for this one. Once again, the crowd hates Ace and he was off his game to boot. Maxx Payne shined as he had a good performance. The announcing was great but the match got a D- rating.

Shooter Sean Deeley defeated William Hayes and Mark Smart when he hit a Front Choke Lock on Mark Smart. The match was a bummer with an E rating and brought the crowd's mood down.

Darryl Devine and Erik Strong enter the ring and put them selves over as the Tag Team Champs earning a D rating in the process.

Darryl Devine and Erik Strong then take on Geoff Borne and Weird Waldo in a Ladder Match for the Tag Titles. Darryl captured the vicory for his team and make defense #1 of their titles. The crowd didn't take to Weird Waldo. The match got an E+

The main event.... Madman Boone v Stevie Grayson v Doug Peak in a triple threat match for the champioonship. Madman hits Peak with a Boone and Bust and secures the pin. The match at 11:52 was a bit long for those involved but the commentary was good. A D rating for the match.

After the victory, Doug Peak takes out his frustration on Stevie Grayson. Never one to let a lying dog lie, Madman Boone begins to assist Doug Peak and the two beat down Stevie until... from the back... out comes Maxx Payne for the save. D- rating

Overall Rating : D-

Darryl Devine

Warren Technique

Maxx Payne

"Where are we?" says Darryl as he's waking up.

"About an hour outside New York

"Sweet. So what's the card tonight?"

"Dunno. We'll talk about that when we get there.

"Hey boss. Gimme the night easy. Not used to three nights a week.

"Warren, if you want it off, you gotta earn it. We're busting into this new market and we need everyone. However, I did put out a few calls so I'm hoping to see two new faces while we're up here.

Well then who am I wrestling tonight?

Me. And you're gonna job.

Oh Snap. Major Pwned

AWA Tuesday Night Fights - February Week 2

Attendance : 6 (and tickets were FREE)

Pre Show segment saw Stevie Grayson head out to the center of the ring. He called out Madman Boone and challenged him for the AWA Title. After a pause, Boone comes out and accepts. (D+)

Doug Peak def. Velocidad with a House of Horrors for the pin. Although he did get some good heat going, Peak grew tired at the end of the 7:31 match. Good commentary earned the match a (E+)

Katie Cameron is in her locker room when Jakki White Trash approached her. "It must be hard" Jakki said. "What's that" Cameron replied. "Being the second best looking diva on the roster." With that Cameron got up in Jakki's face and security had to prevent the two from brawling. (D+)

Shooter Sean Deeley and Warren Technique defeanted the Tag Team Champions, Darryl Devine and Erik Strong when Shooter hit Erik with a quick cradle when he was trying to protect his manager, Katie Cameron. (E+)

William Hayes and Geoff Borne def. Ace Youngblood and Mark Smart when Hayes hit Smart with a Slick Trick that lead to the three count. Again, the crowd doesn't like Ace. This match brought the mood down and got an (E-).

Darryl Devine and Maxx Payne makes their way to the ring. Darryl says he's found a new partner, the strongest man on the roster. To prove his strength, Darryl will offer up $1000 of his own money to anyone who can break Maxx's Sin-A-Maxx submission hold. Finally, Wierd Waldo comes out and in a few moments is screaming in pain, tapping out. (D+)

Stevie Grayson v. Madman Boone for the AWA Title. Stevie fights hard, but in the end, Boone lands a Boone and Bust and gets the pinfall for defense number 3 (D+)

Overall show : (D)

Maxx Payne

Shooter Sean

As Payne reads the paper, he looks up in with mixed feelings

"American Wrestling Association held AWA Tuesday Night Fights last night in the Weston Gymnasium, and drew 6 fans. The feedback has been extremely positive, it was apparrently a great show for them.....' yeah, too bad no one was there to see it."

"Dont worry man, I'm sure we'll pick it up.

Sean, we were f***ing giving away tickets for free and got no on in the gates. Maybe this was a mistake.

"Don't say that dude. We'll be fine. If not, well... McD's is always hiring

AWA Thursday Nitro

Attendance: 9

Pre Show sees the beautiful Sara Silver getting ready when Jakki Trash comes in and harrasses her about the comments made last week. Before Sara could react, Jakki slams her head into the table and leaves with a big grin on her face. (D)

Tag Champions Shooter Sean Deeley and Warren Technique def. Velocidad and Mark Smart in a Barb Wire match when Shooter Sean makes Velocidad with a Front Choke Lock. Despite the high risk factor, the match brought the crowd's mood down (E)

Doug Peak came out to the ring and announced that he's the #1 contender and wants Stevie Grayson in a match to prove it. Instead of Stevie, Maxx Payne enters and announced he'd be taking on Doug to show he's #1. (E)

Doug Peak def. Maxx Payne in a Texas Death Match when Peak landed a House of Horrors, got the pin, and Payne coudn't respond to a ten count. This is despite Peak being off his game and tiring at the end (D+)

Ace Youngblood and Darryl Devine def Weird Waldo and Geoff Borne when Ace hit Weird with a Flying Tomahawk Chop. The crowd again hated Ace, and Weirdo as well. (E-)

Erik Strong came out and gave himself a promo putting himself over as the next big thing in the AWA. (D)

Stevie Grayson def. William Hayes by DQ after Madman Boone rushed the ring and attacked Stevie, leaving him laid out in the ring and taunting him with the AWA title. (D)

Overall: (D-)

Shooter Sean

Maxx Payne

Good news man

What's that?

This guy I've been scouting, he's agreed to join us at a good rate

Really

Yah, Maxx, let me introduce you to the Somoan Machine.

The Machine nods.

What are we going to do with him?

we'll figure it out

Archived