WWE: Escaping The Mainstream

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=Red][B]Disclaimer: This is a fictional history based on the game Total Extreme Warfare 2005 and should not be miscontrued as actual wrestling news, information, rumors, or results. Any images, logos and names used in this forum are copyrighted by the organization they belong to.[/B][/COLOR] [B]Backstory[/B] On Monday 18th October 1999, the World Wrestling Federation entered the New York Stock Exchange, ushering in a new era for Wrestling around the world. The McMahon’s were no longer the owners of a family business, but instead, major shareholders in a multi-national corporation. Owning 51% of the shares the McMahon family still had overall control of the company, whilst making millions more dollars in the process. The pressure began to mount, the McMahon family no longer had to amuse the loyal wrestling fans that had made them millionaires, but also shareholders who wanted to make money from their investments. Slowly WWF began to change. The Attitude Era which made it famous slowly disappeared in favour of a more marketable ‘Entertainment’ style. In your face characters became low on the ground, hardcore style wrestling began to disappear, and high energy storylines were replaced with those which were safer, family friendly and attractive to sponsors. With these changes taking place, fans began to turn away from wrestling in favour of other forms of entertainment, share prices dropped dramatically and stars began to seek out other ways of making money. Now the McMahon family are facing a crisis, loyal fans and shareholders alike are blaming the McMahon family for the demise of the Wrestling World. Fans are looking for a more entertaining product, shareholders are looking to make money from the shares they shelled out big bucks for six years ago, and the McMahon’s are wanting to win back their credibility. The answer to those questions may just be answered, but one thing’s for sure, the credibility of the McMahon’s won’t be saved as WWE Escapes From The Mainstream![/FONT]

WWE Board Meeting [FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=Red][B]WWE Inc. Board Meeting[/B][/COLOR] The meeting itself is nearing the end, everyone around the table is sitting comfortably, looking very sociable in each others company, apart from one man sitting at the end of the table. Vince: So that rounds up the agenda for today’s meeting, anyone else have any business we need to attend to. Martin: Yeah, I do! Vince: Oh right, is it the same as usual Franklin? Martin: No, it’s not! Vince: Oh? Right? Well what is it? Martin: I’m fed up of us sitting here pretending nothing is wrong! Vince: Thought you said it was something new? Martin: It is Vince… if you would let me finish! Vince: Well go ahead! Martin: We sit here pretending nothing is wrong, announcing profits, when in reality we have made them because were firing people left right and centre, well I’ve had enough! I’ve done something about it. Vince laughs. Vince: Oh Martin, this is the best yet, go on, tell me, I could do with a good laugh! Martin: I’ve bought more shares! Vince: And? Is that it? So what are you going to do with these extra shares? Martin: Make a take over bid! Vince burst out laughing. Vince: Who are you trying to kid? You need a 33% share of the company before you can go saying things like that, and you won’t have anywhere near that, for that kid of thing, you’ll have to start buying shares from people around this table, and no-one is stupid enough to do that! Martin Henderson thinks it over and finally the ball drops, Vince McMahon is right, he would have to buy shares from Board Members. Vince is still laughing. Vince: So Martin, how many shares have you got there? Martin: 29% Vince: Wow, that’s quite impressive! You did fairly well there Henderson, pity it was all for nothing! Vince continues to laugh. Vince: So unless anyone has any other jokes, I think this meeting is over! Everyone gets up from the table, except Martin Henderson, he looks fairly disappointed. He tidies his papers and opens his organiser, as he files them away he looks at the list of shareholders which he used to approach individuals about buyig shares. He looks at the top of the paper with the four names: Vince McMahon, Linda McMahon, Stephanie McMahon and Shane McMahon. Martin: That’s It! Martin closes over his organiser, grabs his coat and quickly runs out the room. [COLOR=DimGray][I]To Be Continued… [/I][/COLOR][/FONT]

Hi folks, Sorry if anyone has been reading my Dynasty as I haven't updated, I've been having bother with my internet, but I'll be updating my Dynasty in a major way today. If anyone has any comments on my Dynasty (positive or negative), please feel free to post them. Cheers, Coby

WWE Survivor Series 2005 [B][SIZE=5][FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=SeaGreen]Survivor Series 2005[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/FONT] [FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=2][B][COLOR=SeaGreen]Best of Seven Series (Match 1): Booker T vs Chris Benoit[/COLOR][/B] This was your standard WWE match, although with these two superstars standards were high. This was a great straight fight with Booker T winning in the end by grabbing the tights of Chris Benoit. [I][COLOR=SeaGreen]Winner: Booker T[/COLOR][/I] [B][COLOR=SeaGreen]Woman’s Championship: Trish Stratus (c) vs Melina[/COLOR][/B] Before the bell rung MNM were sent away from ringside by the referee. That meant that this bought was a pure T ‘n’ A bout. Trish gained the victory by count out when she accidentally ripped the top off Melina and sent her scurrying off backstage. [I][COLOR=SeaGreen]Winner: Trish Stratus[/COLOR][/I] [B][COLOR=SeaGreen]GM vs GM: Eric Bischoff vs Teddy Long[/COLOR][/B] Before the match commences, both General Managers bring with them a number of their Brand’s Stars. Although the match gets off to a good start, with both GM’s sticking to the rules, Teddy Long gets beaten half to death by Eric Bischoff. The Smackdown stars feel compelled to get involved when Bischoff rubs salt into the wounds by throwing Long out the ring so the RAW Brand Stars can level a few kicks and punches into him. All hell breaks loose as both Brands begin to brawl in the ring. It eventually looks as if Teddy Long has won it as Matt Hardy levels Bischoff with the twist of fate, but Edge sneaks into the ring and hits both Hardy and Long with a spear before draping Bischoff over Long for the win. [I][COLOR=SeaGreen]Winner: Eric Bischoff[/COLOR][/I] [B][COLOR=SeaGreen]Last Man Standing: Ric Flair vs Triple H[/COLOR][/B] Ric Flair puts on an amazing show, and almost wins the match on a few occasions, but Triple H’s age, weight and height advantage ensured he had the victory over Ric Flair. [I][COLOR=SeaGreen]Winner: Triple H[/COLOR][/I] [B][COLOR=SeaGreen]WWE Championship: John Cena (c) vs Kurt Angle, Special Referee: Davari[/COLOR][/B] John Cena pulls through and wins this one! After knocking out both Kurt Angle and Davari, John Cena’s very own personal referee – Chavo Guerrero – runs down into the ring to make the three count. Afterwards both Chavo and Cena celebrate their victory after overcoming the odds. [I][COLOR=SeaGreen]Winner: John Cena[/COLOR][/I] [B][COLOR=SeaGreen]Survivor Series Match: Team RAW vs Team Smackdown![/COLOR][/B] The WWE Heavyweight Champion is the first man eliminated after The Big Show and Kane send Batista right off the entranceway ramp before the match even begins. Batista already battered and bruised is carted off to a hospital as Team Smackdown! try to beat the odds. Oddly enough they manage to fend off team RAW until it’s down to just two men – HBK and Randy Orton. They fight back and fourth, neither one of them giving up until suddenly Orton nails HBK with the RKO for the win. Orton – totally shocked by his win – celebrates madly as HBK returns backstage, furious! [I][COLOR=SeaGreen]Winner: Team Smackdown! [/FONT][/COLOR][/I][/SIZE] [COLOR=SlateGray]WWE: Escaping the Mainstream Dynasty Entry... coming up next![/COLOR]

Raw [B][FONT=Trebuchet MS][CENTER][COLOR=Red][SIZE=5]RAW[/SIZE] [SIZE=3]Monday, December 5th 2005 Reliant Stadium Attendance: 29,152[/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/B] [SIZE=2][B][COLOR=Red]Survivor Series Star[/COLOR][/B] The Monday Night RAW Show opens with none other than Randy Orton, the last man surviving the Survivor Series match-up, Smackdown! superstar making his way down the RAW entrance-way. Randy climbs into the ring and grabs a microphone. Orton: Ladies and Gentlemen, you are looking not only at the Legend Killer, but last night, I also became the man who scored the deciding pinfall in the past TWO Survivor Series Match-ups! Suddenly, Eric Bischoff’s music played, and a fragile General Manager, hobbles his way down into the ring. Bischoff: Orton, you’r in the wrong place to be bragging about beating Team RAW last night. Orton just smirks. Bischoff: There are loads of guys backstage who at any minute would take great pleasure in wiping that smirk off your face, but, do you know what? Orton: What? Bischoff: I want to be the one to do it! Orton laughs. Orton: So what are you going to do? Kung-fu me back to Smackdown! Bischoff: No, no, no, Orton, you see, there is a guy backstage, who, more than anyone wants to wipe that smirk off your face, and seeing as you are here on RAW, I’m sure my esteemed colleague Teddy Long won’t mind me showcasing some Smackdown! talent in my main event match tonight, do you? The fans go nuts, at the idea of an inter-promotional match on RAW. Orton: So what have you got in mind? Bischoff: Well… here’s what I have got in mind… Randy Orton versus… Suddenly a very familiar entrance tune plays, and at the top of the ramp stands HBK! Orton’s jaw dropps, and as HBK runs down into the ring Randy Orton, slips out and escapes up the rampway. [COLOR=Red][I][B]Rating: A[/B][/I][/COLOR] [COLOR=Red][B]Intercotinental Strife[/B][/COLOR] Triple H is backstage being interviewed. Interviewer: So Triple H, is it true that after last night’s match with Ric Flair, Flair can’t defend his Intercontinental Title? Triple H: Yes, yes it is, I ground him down into a bloody pulp and as a result, he couldn’t even get out of his bed this morning! Interviewer: And is it true, that you are going to defend his Intercontinental Title on his behalf? Triple H: Not quite, you see, as much as we have had our differences over the past few months, I still respect Ric Flair, and he still respects me, and so I am going to defend his honour! Interviewer: Defend his honour? Triple H: Yes, who better to defend the honour of the dirtiest player in the game, than the GREATEST player in the game. Now… get out of my way. [I][B][COLOR=Red]Rating: A*[/COLOR][/B][/I] [B][COLOR=Red]Singles Match:Triple H vs Tajiri[/COLOR][/B] This match is an absolute squash match. Although Tajiri does amazingly well in beating off Triple H, Triple H keeps Tajiri grounded and uses his overwhelming size and strength advantage to win the match. [I][B][COLOR=Red]Winner: Triple H (in 9:56 seconds) Rating: B+[/COLOR][/B][/I] [B][COLOR=Red]Eddie Guerrero Memorial Cup[/COLOR][/B] The ring is laid out in a red carpet and steps as Vince McMahon’s entrance tune plays. Vince walks out carrying a trophy. He settles it on a table in the middle of the ring. Vince: Tonight, ladies and gentlemen, we commemorate a great superstar in the WWE’s history… Eddie Guerrero. The fans cheer. Vince: Tonight, the first two matches of an 8-Man Tournament will be fought in the first round of the Eddie Guerrero Memorial Cup! The purpose of this tournament is to commemorate the great talent of Eddie Guerrero and the impact he made within the Wrestling World. Tonight Kane will face Road Warrior Animal, and Chris Benoit will face The Big Show! Vince pauses. Vince: But there is one more thing I have to say…Thank you Eddie! The fans go nuts and begin to chant Eddie! Eddie! Eddie! [I][B][COLOR=Red]Rating: A[/COLOR][/B][/I] [B][COLOR=Red]Cena Challeges Davari[/COLOR][/B] John Cena makes his way down to the ring with his WWE Championship intact. Cena: Yo, yo, yo, you guys ready for this? The fans cheer. Cena: Last night at Survivor Series, Angle tried for my belt, He didn’t do too well, even with extra help! Davari tried, by being the ref, But Davari didn’t realise, he was up against the best! Out comes Chavo; in his black and white shirt, He hit Davari with his finisher, Davari knows, it sure did hurt! But now it’s time for my revenge, it’s time for my payback! I want Davari in the ring, so I can shove this pump, right up his ASS CRACK! Cena waits in the centre of the ring, waiting on a response. [I][B][COLOR=Red]Rating: A[/COLOR][/B][/I] [B][COLOR=Red]Davari’s Response[/COLOR][/B] Davari’s music plays and he stands at the top of the entranceway. Davari: I know you want a piece of me, I can understand that, but you’ve got to understand, I want the same! Cena: Well bring it on! Davari: No, no, no! Not with you, with your little friend Chavo! I was in that ring, doing my job, refereeing a match I was asked to referee, and I get attacked, unjustly and unprovoked! So I want MY revenge, I want MY payback. Chavo then appears, standing behind Davari, yet Davari doesn’t notice. Cena: Oh is that the case. Davari: Yes, yes it is, and if he faces me, and if he beats me, you get your match, so why don’t you ask that little friend of yours, and get back to me! Cena: Why don’t you ask him yourself? At that point Chavo begins to throw punches and Davari tries to coward away. Chavo gets Davari at the ring apron and rolls him into the ring. Davari then walks straight into an F-U from Cena. [I][B][COLOR=Red]Rating: C+[/COLOR][/B][/I] [B][COLOR=Red]Singles Match: Davari vs Chavo[/COLOR][/B] As Chavo then slides into the ring, the bell sounds, it looks like they are having the match just now. As a referee runs down into the ring, he sends Cena away due to his attack on Davari before the match. As Davari and Chavo slug it out, it looks like Chavo will pick up the win, until Davari his him with a low-blow. As the tempo of the match changes Davari shows off his abilities and uses Chavo like a dummy. Davari goes to the top rope and he goes to hit Chavo with a big splash, but Chavo rolls out the way. Chavo, with a burst of energy, gets to his feet and locks Davari in a Mexican stretch lock. Chavo eventually lets go and he softens up Chavo with classic Mexican moves before climbing to the top rope to his the frog splash. Chavo gets a two count and when it looks like he will get the three, Angle appears from nowhere and sticks Davari’s foot on the rope. Chavo lunges over the top rope only to be caught by Angle who drives his back into the ring post. Angle then rolls Chavo into the ring where Davari is poised for a big splash. Davari gets the three count and he and Angle make a quick escape before Cena appears to pick up the pieces. [I][B][COLOR=Red]Winner: Davari Rating: B+[/COLOR][/B][/I] [B][COLOR=Red]Bischoff thanks Edge[/COLOR][/B] Backstage Bischoff is sitting behind his desk and Edge is in his office. Bischoff: Edge, I brought you here because, I want to thank you, thank you for ensuring that the little weasel who runs Smackdown! didn’t cheat his way to victory last night at Survivor Series. Edge: All in a days work Eric. Bischoff: No it’s not, and that’s what I love about your attitude, and that’s why I have a special job for you. Edge: Yeah, sure, anything Eric, you know that! Bischoff: Great! Edge: So… what is it? Bischoff: Well that’s the thing! Be at the Smackdown! arena on Thursday night… I’ll let you in on my secret then! Edge: Cool! Thanks Eric! [I][B][COLOR=Red]Rating: A[/COLOR][/B][/I] [B][COLOR=Red]Eddie Guerrero Memorial Cup Match: Kane vs Road Warrior Animal[/COLOR][/B] Both Kane and Animal put on a stellar match. Both men slug it back and forth until Kane gets the upper hand. As Animal struggles to regain control of the match, Kane grounds him down with huge upper cuts and slams until he eventually goes for the Chokeslam. As Kane prepares to hoist Animal into the air, using just his bruit strength Animal is able to free his neck from Kane’s grip. As Animal falls back against the ropes Kane raises his leg for the big boot. Animal grips onto the ropes and levels Kane with a huge clothesline. Animal’s luck doesn’t last for long as Kane wipes out Animal by ramming him into the turnbuckle. As Animal staggers out, Kane gets him down for the pin with a Chokeslam. [I][B][COLOR=Red]Winner: Kane (at 9:59 seconds) Rating: A[/COLOR][/B][/I] [B][COLOR=Red]Kane & Big Show Attack[/COLOR][/B] Road Warrior goes to leave the ring, but Kane grabs him by the shoulder, turns him around and levels him with another uppercut. As Road Warrior Animal is left lying on the ground Kane looks up towards the entranceway as The Big Show makes his way down the ramp. Both Kane and The Big Show show the world their supreme dominance as they make an example of Animal. Suddenly Benoit’s music plays and Benoit runs down into the ring. As Benoit slides into the ring The Big Show lunges for him and misses. Benoit hits him with chops before sending him over the top rope. Whilst Kane is distracted, Animal gores him to the ground and levels him with punches. Kane slides out the ring as Benoit and Animal shake hands. [I][B][COLOR=Red]Rating: A[/COLOR][/B][/I] [B][COLOR=Red]Eddie Guerrero Memorial Cup: The Big Show vs Chris Benoit[/COLOR][/B] The Big Show slides back into the ring and Chris Benoit meets him with punches, both men slug this one out, before Big Show winds Benoit with a knee to the chest. The Big Show uses his size to keep Benoit down, but Benoit with pure energy manages to battle back. Benoit finally gets the upper hand when he knocks The Big Show to the ground with a flying clothesling. Like a hound smelling blood, Benoit zones in on The Big Show and keeps him down on the floor. Benoit climbs to the top rope but is knocked back to the mat when The Big Show uses his huge legs to kick the top rope. The Big Show grabs Benoit by the neck ready to hoist him in the air. Benoit kicks his way out of The Big Show’s grip and hits him with a DDT. Benoit then locks in the Crippler Crossface and The Big Show has no other option than to tap out. [I][B][COLOR=Red]Winner: Chris Benoit Rating: B[/COLOR][/B][/I] [B][COLOR=Red]Orton’s Last Words[/COLOR][/B] Randy Orton enters the ring carrying a microphone. Orton: Before we start, I just want to say, thank you to all the fans, thank you for allowing me the opportunity to kick HBK’s ass once again, this time on his home turf! Before Orton can finish, HBK’s music plays and fear covers Orton’s face once more. As Orton prepares himself for HBK’s entrance, HBK slides in from the crowd and hits Orton with the Sweet Chin Music to start the match. [I][B][COLOR=Red]Rating: A*[/COLOR][/B][/I] [B][COLOR=Red]Singles Match: Randy Orton vs Shawn Michaels[/COLOR][/B] HBK makes the cover but Orton kicks out just before three, HBK is fired up, and as Orton gets to his feet he rushes him with punches. As the match goes on Orton begins to fight back and the match goes back and forth. Both men become tired and it shows as both men go for the drop-kick. Both men are down and out and the referee begins to make the count. As both men stumble to their feet HBK goes for the Sweet Chin Music, but Orton manages to duck it and hit HBK with the RKO. Randy makes the cover but HBK kicks out. Orton pulls HBK back to his feet for yet another RKO, and as he does the lights go out. The bell then tolls for thee! The Undertakers theme tune plays and the area begins to fill with smoke, as the lights come up, The Undertaker is standing at the top of the ramp and Randy Orton is looking on in shock. The Undertaker then begins to walk towards the ring, ad as he does Orton goes to make a run for it. HBK pulls Orton back into the ring, but Orton just pushes him away and slides away out the ring. The referee counts to 10 and HBK wins by count out. By this point The Undertaker is in the ring and Orton is at the top of the ramp. [I][B][COLOR=Red]Winner: Shawn Michaels Rating: A*[/COLOR][/B][/I] [B][COLOR=Red]The Phenom Returns[/COLOR][/B] The Undertaker’s face appears on the titantron looking down on Orton. RAW then closes with the echoing words of The Undertaker saying. Undertaker: The Dead Man Lives! And Randy’s shock filled face looking back on him. [I][B][COLOR=Red]Rating: A*[/COLOR][/B][/I] [COLOR=Red][CENTER][B]RAW RESULTS[/B] [B]Rating[/B] B+ [B]Viewing Figures[/B] Sky Sports: 237,244 TSN: 926,845 USA Network: 2,258,332[/CENTER][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Smackdown! Preview [FONT=Trebuchet MS] [I][B][COLOR=Blue][SIZE=3]Smackdown! [/SIZE] [/COLOR] Preview[/B][/I] On Monday Night RAW, Randy Orton was given the scare of his life when the Deadman returned from the grave! What's in store when these two guys are in the same building for Smackdown! Eric Bischoff and Edge will be in the area for the Smackdown! tapings, but what for? Only Eric knows and it looks like he will reveal all on Friday night! [COLOR=Blue][B]Matches:[/B][/COLOR] Best of 7 (Match 2): Chris Benoit vs Booker T Eddie Guerrero Memorial Cup: Triple H vs Matt Hardy[/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][B][COLOR=Red]Behind the Scenes[/COLOR][/B] Martin Henderson is sitting at his desk, frantically typing on his computer. His intercom buzzes but he is so focused on what he is doing on his computer. It goes again, but still he doesn’t here it. It goes a third time, and now he answers it. Martin: Yes! What is it? Intercom: It’s Mr. McMahon here to see you. Martin: Is it 2 o’ clock already, ok, send him in. The large door to Martin’s office opens and in walks McMahon. Martin: Please, sit down. Martin pours two coffees and places him on his desk. Martin: The reason I asked you here is because, I feel we should be working together more. You know, singing from the same hymn sheet. You see, although you don’t know it just now, you and I have a lot in common. Martin gets up out his chair and looks out his window. Martin: You see, we both love this business, we have both grown up in this business, this business is our lives. And if we work together I’m sure we can do better things for this business. McMahon nods in agreement. Martin: All I need is for you to vote in my favour at the board meetings. McMahon spits his coffee out in shock. Shane: You mean against my dad!!!!!! Martin: Yes, don’t you see, he’s been in this game too long! He needs a break, now it’s time for you to take over, time for you to take your rightful place at the top of the table. Shane slams his coffee down on the desk. Shane: I’m sorry, I can’t vote against my dad. What was I thinking coming here… you’re a coot! Martin: Shane! Shane! Listen please! I beg you! Shane grabs his coat and leaves the office, as Martin with a despairing look watches him leave. Unsuccessful he slumps back down into his chair wondering what to do next. [COLOR=SlateGray][I]To Be Continued...[/I][/COLOR][/FONT]

Smackdown! [CENTER][SIZE=5][FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=Blue][B]Smackdown! Tuesday, 2 December 2005[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER] [SIZE=2][COLOR=Blue][B]New General Manager![/B][/COLOR] Smackdown! opens with Eric Bischoff’s theme tune playing. Eric Bischoff makes his way into the ring carrying both a microphone and the WWE World Heavyweight Championship! Bischoff: Ladies and Gentlemen… welcome to Smackdown! There are a mix of boo’s and cheers. Bischoff: Due to the fact Smackdown! General Manager Teddy Long is badly injured due to the beating he received thanks to me, he will be unable to fulfil his duties for the foreseeable future… so in his absence the WWE Board of Directors have decided to appoint a temporary General Manager in his presence. So on behalf of the WWE Board of Directors I introduce to you… the temporary Smackdown! General Manager. Eric Bischoff turns towards the entranceway and he and the fans wait patiently for someone to appear at the top of the ramp, but nothing happens. Bischoff: Oh wait, I’ve forgot… I’T’S ME! The fans boo. Bischoff: Seeing as I am the only experienced General Manager on the WWE Roster I volunteered my services, but I will admit, I’m only one man! So, I would like to introduce to you, the new RAW Ambassador for Smackdown! The one… the only… Edge. Edge’s music plays and he makes his way into the ring, he slides in and shakes Eric Bischoff’s hand. Edge: Wow! Eric! Thank-you! I’ve never felt so humbled, I won’t let you down! Bischoff:That’s great Edge, because tonight the party starts here… welcome to the Smackdown! roster! Edge: Sooo, ummmm, Eric… Bischoff: Yes? Edge: Why have you got the World Heavyweight Championship over your shoulder? Bischoff: (laughs) Well… at Survivor Series, Smackdown! may have won the battle, but, RAW won the war, because just now Teddy Long is lying in a hospital ward all battered and bruised, and across from him… Batista! Both men raise each other’s arms as Bischoff’s theme tune plays and both men then leave the ring. [I][B][COLOR=Blue]Rating: A[/COLOR][/B][/I] [FONT=Trebuchet MS][B]Eddie Guerrero Memorial Cup: Triple H vs Matt Hardy[/B][/FONT] Triple H and Matt Hardy slug it out in what seems to be a clean straight fight. The crowds are wowed by the fact that Matt Hardy gains the upper hand on Triple H. As Matt Hardy goes for the Twist of Fate Triple H pushes Hardy towards the ropes. As Hardy gets winded by the ropes up against his chest Triple H bounces off the other ropes and ‘accidentally’ knocks the referee to the mat. Triple H then hits Matt Hardy with a low blow followed by a Pedigree for the win. [I][B][COLOR=Blue]Winner: Triple H Rating: A[/COLOR][/B][/I] [B][COLOR=Blue]Roster Trade[/COLOR][/B] Backstage Bischoff is setting up his new office when JBL walks into the room. JBL: You wanted me? Bischoff: Oh John, just the man! Take a seat. Both men sit down at either side of Bischoff’s new desk. Bischoff: Tonight will be your last match on Smackdown! JBL: WHAT!!!! Bischoff: Yep, tonight you will be facig Rey Mysterio, in what will be your last match on Smackdown! JBL: But why, what have I done? Bischoff: Nothing, infact I think you are great, so much so, I want you on the premiere wrestlins show… RAW! So tonight I’ve traded you for one of RAW’s less well established talents. JBL: Oh really. JBL grins. JBL: Well I see, I suppose I can live with being traded to RAW. Bischoff: Great! That’s fantastic – you get yourself ready, and I’ll see you next Monday… on RAW! [I][COLOR=Blue][B]Rating: A[/B][/COLOR][/I] [COLOR=Blue][B]Eddie Guerrero Memorial Cup: Shelton Benjamin vs Edge[/B][/COLOR] Edge makes his way down to the ring, carrying the WWE World Heavyweight Champioship and the newest member of the Smackdown! roster to face off against his old Brand’s Shelton Benjamin. Both men slug it out, each gaining and losing the advantage on numerous occasions. Soon enough Shelton’s momentum doesn’t stop and he has Edge in a compromising situation. Shelton sets Edge up for the big splash in the corner, as he makes a run for it Edge ducks out the way and rolls out the ring. He returns to the ring with the WWE World Championship and he clocks Shelton with the title. The referee rings the bell and Shelton get the disqualification win as Edge makes his way backstage holding the WWE World Heavyweight Championship over his head. [I][COLOR=Blue][B]Winner: Shelton Benjamin (By DQ) Rating: B+[/B][/COLOR][/I] [B][COLOR=Blue]HHH and Benoit Face To Face[/COLOR][/B] Benoit is making his way down the corridor when he passes by Triple H who is just about to leave the arena. Triple H catches him at the corner of his eye turns around and shouts back at him. Triple H: Hey Benoit! I heard you paid good old Ric Flair a visit, how is he, can he walk? Can he talk? I bet he can’t even go to the toilet on his own! Hey, I bet you had to help him! Chris Benoit turns around, and lunges for Triple H. Luckily for Triple H a mass of wrestlers, security guards, referees and backstage agents get between the two men and somehow prevent Chris Benoit from ripping Triple H to shreds. As road agents take Benoit away and convince him to get ready for his match, Triple H gives a ****y smirk as a voice in the background can be heard telling him that he should be ashamed of himself. [I][B][COLOR=Blue]Rating: A[/COLOR][/B][/I] [B][I][COLOR=Blue]Best of Seven Series (Match 2): Chris Benoit vs Booker T[/COLOR][/I][/B] The match begins and Chris Benoit explodes out his corner, and absolutely pummels Booker T. It looks like Chris is onto a quick victory in this match, but the announcers quickly change their minds as it seems Benoit tires himself out too quickly and Booker T begins to gain the upper hand. As the match progresses Chris Benoit continues to get beaten down and Booker T becomes more confident about winning his second match in the best of seven series. Booker T goes for the scissor kick, and from seemingly out of nowhere Benoit locks in the Crippler Crossface. The fans go nuts, but Booker T is able to escape, but Benoit has now evened the playing field. Booker T bounces off the ropes and goes for a high knee kick, but Benoit ducks and again locks in a Cripper Crossface, this time, it’s for the win! [I][B][COLOR=Blue]Winner: Chris Benoit Rating: A[/COLOR][/B][/I] [B][COLOR=Blue]Bischoff’s Just Deserts[/COLOR][/B] Bischoff is backstage when Orton storms into his office. Orton: Eric! Eric! I’m sorry! I’m so so sorry! Bischoff: Ha! I bet you weren’t banking on that! Orton: No I wasn’t, and Eric, I’m sorry! Please, tell him it’s over, please tell him it’s over! Bischoff: Tell who? Orton: You know who! Bischoff: Oh yeah… well it’s too late! Orton: What do you mean too late… just tell him it’s over, he scared me to death, he’s won, ok, he’s won, I give up. Bischoff: Oh, I didn’t realise. Orton: What? Why? What? What have you done? Bischoff: Well you see… my first role as interm General Manager was to book a match. Orton: Oh no, please no! No, please don’t tell me I’m facing Undertaker next week! Bischoff: OK, I won’t… your dad is! Orton: What?!?!?!? Bischoff: Your dad is, and the best thing is… it’s I a cage. Orton is speechless. Orton: Are you kidding, he’s an old man, he can’t face Undertaker. Bischoff: Well look at it this way Orton… you won’t be facing him. Orton pauses, and the ball finally drops. Orton: You’re right… I won’t! Bischoff: Untill ARMAGEDDON! The fans in the area goes nuts. Orton: WHAT!?!?! Bischoff: That’s right Orton, Armangeddon, you will go one-to-one against The Undertaker! Not only that Orton, but just to make sure you don’t weasel your way out of this match, just to make sure you don’t cheat a win, and to make sure I see you DESTROYED it will be a HELL IN A CELL MATCH. Orton is shell shocked, he’s speechless. Bischoff: Now get out of my office! [B][COLOR=Blue]Rating: A[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=Blue]Singles Match: Rey Mysterio vs JBL[/COLOR][/B] JBL comes down to the ring brimming with confidence and arrogance as he has been hand chosen to appear on RAW. Rey Mysterio puts up a good fight, but was unable to overcome the brute size and strength of JBL. JBL totally dominates the match and uses Rey Mysterio as an example of why he has been traded to RAW. JBL gets ****y and has Mysterio down for the three count on numerous occasions, but decides to continue the match. JBL then signals to the fans for the Clothesline from Hell and he waits poised, ready to strike Mysterio with his finisher. But Mysterio is filled with a sudden burst of energy, he ducks the clothesline, bouches off the other rope, dropkicks JBL, and JBL falls onto the second rope, just in the right position for the 619! Rey Mysterio goes for it and hits JBL with it. Mysterio follows it up with a pinfall attempt but JBL kicks out. At this point Edge runs down to the ring with the WWE World Heavyweight Championship in hand. He grabs Rey’s foot which catches the attention of both Rey and the referee. As Edge argues with them both he slides the title belt into the ring and JBL grabs it, JBL goes to hit Rey with it, Rey ducks and the referee is floored. Edge grasps this opportunity and he climbs into the ring and grabs the title belt. JBL holds Rey up, but Rey, yet again ducks and JBL is floored with the title. Edge doesn’t waste any time and this time hits the target he was trying to meet – Rey. Both men are down in the ring, as is the referee, suddenly a familiar entrance tune plays, it’s RVD! Rob Van Dam runs down into the ring, Edge, yet again goes to hit him with the title belt, RVD ducks and scores with a spinning kick to the title which clocks Edge on the face. RVD then climbs to the top rope and hits JBL with the frog splash, RVD immediately rolls out the ring as Rey throws his arm over JBL and the referee makes a very slow three count. Smackdown! closes with four men in the ring, down and out and RVD standing at the top of the ramp doing his usual thumb pose. [COLOR=Blue][B][I]Rating: B[/I][/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[COLOR=Red][B]Behind The Scenes[/B][/COLOR] Martin Henderson is sitting in the rather lavish dining room of titan towers looking anxiously at his watch. His newspaper is lying on the table alongside a cup of coffee. Suddenly his face lights up as Stephanie McMahon walks into the dining area. Martin: Stephanie! Stephanie! Over here! Stephanie looks around until they both make eye contact. Stephanie walks over; she is well dressed with a black suit and briefcase. She sits down and starts to speak curtly. Martin: I need to talk to you about the future direction of WWE. Stephanie: Oh, forgoodness sake, you’ve brought me here to talk about the shares. Martin: How do you know? Stephanie: I do talk to my brother y’know! Martin: Oh right, I see… so what do you think? Stephanie: I think you’re mad! Who in their right mind would go behind their families back! Martin: But Stephanie, listen, you know how things are just now, if it gets any worse, you’ll be out of a job… I’ll be out of a job, we will all have no money… do you want that to happen? Stephanie: No, but… Martin: You see what I mean, you do know it. Stephanie: Shut up! Listen, I’ve got to go, if my dad knew I was here talking to you he’d kill me! Martin: he knows? Stephanie: Of course he knows, everyone in Titan Towers knows, and if you’re not careful, he’ll kill you too! Martin: But Stephanie. Stephanie: Martin, I’ve got to go! Stephanie rushes off and as she does Martin slouches down in his chair, he looks once again at the list of share holders. By now he has crossed off everyone on the list, everyone except Linda McMahon… … several hours later Martin is at home, his family I bed, his wife in the kitchen, he is sitting watching Smackdown! which he recorded earlier that night. His mobile phone goes off, it’s an unfamiliar number, he answers it. Martin: Hello? The voice on the other end is husky, Martin ca barely make out what they are saying, but the voice is strangely familiar. Voice: Is that Martin? Martin: Yes. Voice: Martin Henderson? Martin: Yes it is, who is this? Voice: Meet me in the canteen 30 minutes into RAW. Martin: In Titan Towers? Voice: No, in the arena. Martin: But RAW is on tour. Voice: Meet me in the canteen 30 minutes into RAW! Martin: Who… who is this? The person on the other end of the phone hangs up, Martin is lost! He doesn’t know what to expect next!

Archived