[thread=35327]#1: Bigpapa42 "SWF: Generation Supreme"[/thread]

126 - (4)

[thread=15014]#2: Nevermore "ECW world wide"[/thread]

100 - (2)

[thread=19932]#3: Monkeypox "Mark Cuban does DaVE "[/thread]

98 - (1)

[thread=32191]#4: James Casey "MAW: 10 Simple Rules"[/thread]

68 - (2)

[thread=21524]#5: J-silver "USPW: Where Ages 65 and Older Get In For Free" [/thread]

62 - (1)

[thread=38742]#6: Self "Cverse Draft 2009: Frontier Combat Kingdom"[/thread]

56 - (2)

[thread=33304]#7: Tigerkinney "Puerto Rican Self Preservation Society 2.0 " [/thread]

[thread=31201]#8: Tristram "WCW: Prequel to the Death of WCW"[/thread]

51 - (1)

[thread=21194]#9: keefmoon "WWF: From Montreal To Attitude" [/thread]

50 - (3)

[thread=15296]#10: Tristram "Death of WCW"[/thread]

48 - (1)

[thread=45563]#11: Eisenverse "PSW: The Evolution of Greed"[/thread]

47 - (1)

[thread=34559]#12: Wildfire "NWA:Beyond the Glory" [/thread]

45 - (3)

[thread=51450]#13: Angeldelayette "USPW: Long Hard Road From Cult"[/thread]

39 - (2)

[thread=32108]#14: Wallbanger "Generations" [/thread]

39 - (1)

[thread=35817]#15: Phantom Stranger "Philly Power Pro Wrestling: Dangerous Dreams [C-Verse '97]"[/thread]

[thread=21681]#16: Tigerkinney "BHOTWG: Burning Desire, Raising the Hammer"[/thread]

33 - (1)

[thread=24760]#17: Marcel Fromage "Subscribe to the ROF Newsletter"[/thread]

[thread=29414]#18: No Neck "Secrets Of The Ring Vol. 2: SWF"[/thread]

[thread=29001]#19: iMac "WWE The next generation" [/thread]

[thread=20515]#20:Outlaw "Battle lines have been drawn.What if the NWA struck first...." [/thread]

[thread=41612]#21: Comradebot "EWA: Why People Almost Care About Wrestling In Europe, But Hate Themselves For It " [/thread]

[thread=26405]#22: DSE81 "The NEW NWA" [/thread]

[thread=33740]#23: McShamrock "Pittsburgh Steel Wrestling: DaVE's not here "[/thread]

24 - (1)

[thread=5605]#24: Brifidelity "New York City Wrestling: Tradition Begins Anew"[/thread]

23 - (1)

[thread=46137]#25: OldSchool's "WWWF: Re-writing History: No Hulk/No Vince (D.O.T.T)" [/thread]

21 - (1)

[thread=24086]#26: Dragonmack "NYCW Old School Revisited" [/thread]

[thread=14123]#27: Wildfire "National Wrestling Alliance: A Return to Glory" [/thread]

19 - (1)

[thread=41609]#28: Marcel Fromage "XWA American Wrestling Just Got Serious"[/thread]

[thread=39102]#29: The Final Countdown "ROH: We Don't Imitate... We Innovate" [/thread]

[thread=32911]#30: Dragonmac "The David Mack Chronicles: The CGC Era!" [/thread][/thread]

17 - (1)

[thread=11406]#31: Scapino74 "SWF: This Means War"[/thread]

[thread=31963]#32: Infinitywpi "Tradition Dictates That You Be Welcomed... To The Coastal Zone" [/thread]

[thread=39699]#33: Nobby_McDonald "TNA's New Beginnings" [/thread]

[thread=47928]#34: Phantom Strangers "TCW: A Quiet Retirement"[/thread]

[thread=34779]#35: Phantom stranger "Destined To Fail" [/thread]

[thread=27546] Panix "Destined to Fail"[/thread]

[thread=19454]#36: Shipshirt "MAW: Back to Basics" [/thread]

[thread=34940]#37: FINisher "WEXXV: The Devils Rejects" [/thread]

[thread=17926]#38: G-Prime "WWE Rebirth"[/thread]

[thread=19457]#39: Infinitywpi " Welcome...to the Coastal Zone!"[/thread]

10 - (1)

[thread=20017]#40: Scapion "MWA: This Means War"[/thread]

10 - (1)

[thread=55126]#41: Boom King "We three kings"[/thread]

[thread=47363]#42: D_W_W " MDC2: The Battle Rages On [Over 9000-verse]"[/thread]

[thread=32960]#43: Nevermore "MoSC: The Worst Of British Wrestling" [/thread]

[thread=40734]#44: Derek_B "SWF: Entertainment For The Masses"[/thread]

[thread=36088]#45: Finisher "BBW: Start A War, Chapter II "[/thread]

[thread=22181]#46: Infinitywpi "WWE: Aftermath -- One Year Later"[/thread]

[thread=19657]#47: Jehovah "Antitrust- The End of a Monopoly"[/thread]

[thread=33709]#48: Ship Shirt "Championship Wrestling from Boston"[/thread]

[thread=47697]#49: Zeel1 "TCW" [/thread]

[thread=23634]#50: Flamebrane "WWE Frank Sinatra Style" [/thread]

[thread=55914]#51: Olympia "DOTT MID-SOUTH (The Watts Way)"[/thread]

[thread=26061]#52: Sebsy "WWE After the Bash "[/thread]

[thread=34251]#53: Comradebot " EWA: Why No One Cares About Wrestling In Europe" [/thread]

[thread=42130]#54: Destiny "TNA Wrestling: Cross The Line"[/thread]

[thread=54133]#55: Save us necro "ECW 2006:The Blunder that Changed Wrestling" [/thread]

[thread=22787]#56: Sebsplex "Hollyweird Grappling Company: Revenge of The Nerd" [/thread]

[thread=32070]#57: Trekkiemonsta "World Level Wrestling Because Dancing is Cool"[/thread]

[thread=48830]#58: Olback "D.o.t.t - Icw"[/thread]

[thread=45325]#59: FINisher "CGC: "That's Entertainment", The DeColt Tragedy"[/thread]

[thread=36840]#60: Boom King "The Kid and the Business" [/thread]

[thread=32110]#61: Crayon "BSC: Babes of Sin City Get Awesome. John Awesome"[/thread]

[thread=35758]#62: Finisher "DAVE: Start A War"[/thread]

[thread=29565]#63: Mistaken " When Writers Strike: NBC wrestling"[/thread]

[thread=23973]#64: Nordvolf "Days in the Life - Confessions of a Triple 'A' Worker (Cornellverse)" [/thread]

[thread=17236]#65: The Stalion "TNA The Unkown Future"[/thread]

[thread=]#66: Panix04 "Clash of the Titans Sports"[/thread]

pm me a link on this one I can't find it :(

[thread=41930]67#: Togg "TNA - No Limitations "Goodbye Russo""[/thread]

The Must Read List

All readers & Writers are invited to send in 5 closed diaries & 5 open diaries, the position on our list, combined with everyone else's will produce the order for the must read list, up to 100 spots long

Please rank the diaries 1 to 10 and if possible include the link.

Place your 10 here, you are free to edit through December 1st, so please feel free to post up some of your list and add to it as you decided, or swap the order around.

Comments are encouraged bu not required. and a nice format was suggested by Self and appears below.

I will leave this open until the end of November.

An open diary is any diary updated in the last 90 days, making a closed diary one that has not be updated in the last 90 days.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would awesome if people provided little blurbs, like you'd find on the dust jackets of books. Nothing major, just "Great music choices" or "Beyond the macho-DeColt Rules exterior, Self's work subtly expresses his hidden desire to be women".

I thoroughly support this endeavor, although I don't consider myself well-read enough to contribute a list without a LOT of thought on the matter.

Frontier Combat Kingdom by Self

A completely kayfabe diary that tells the story of the fighters in the Frontier

Combat Kingdom, a Cult Canadian promotion that exists in an alternate version

of the C-Verse, where the rosters have been upturned by a gigantic draft.

February 2009 - ONGOING

Lots of Pictures, Slightly Nudity, Mild Swearing, Excessive Edd Stone

This was self's general lay out suggestion. I though was really nice. thought I would throw it up here, as I am not sure how many people actually read the comments in the Hall of Records. :p

Couple things..

You say 5 closed diaries and 5 open diaries. What if a diary hasn't been updated in a number of months, but the author hasn't come back and outright stated that it is dead? Open or closed?

Also, do you want people to just post their lists in this topic, or send them via pm?

lets call it no updates in the last 90 days. though I tend to agree with James, most times living diaries are updated with in 30. Hey I have a diary that has not been updated in 18 months I still consider alive, but I think every one else would agree it's dead so. I'm good with, saying Active/non Active and setting the time table at 90 days.

1. USPW: Where Ages 65 and Older Get In For Free (J Silver, open) - The funniest diary I've ever read was also one of the most compelling and best written. Characters like Darryl Devine, Seduction, William Hayes and Freddie Datsun all stood out, but my personal favourites were the tag teams - Veteran Mentality, The Hotshots, TBTTLE and The Dudez!!!1!!! . The saga of the Masked Man ended with an amazing reveal (or more - your milage may vary), while the shift from Family Friendly rubbish to the multiple MOTY-worthy anarchy was relatively seamless. Well, apart from the mass firing of the worst offenders early on - but even that was a genuinely funny read.

2. Mark Cuban does DaVE (Monkeypox, closed) - The inspiration for every diary written since the first post (at a rough count) and the genesis of the Wrath of God character, 'The Great White Shark' Eddie Peak and the always-entertaining dissembling of Tank Bradley, 'pox had me at Old Man Tanner. Too short (far too short) but unforgettable nonetheless, this diary is a true must-read. It's also worth noting that in places, the diary is genuinely funny - particularly when Nemesis pops up in the backstage segments.

3. SWF: Generation Supreme (Bigpapa42, open) - Only one writer has been voted into the Hall Of Fame based on just one diary, but what a diary it was. The backstage struggles and on-screen flourishing of BP's take on SWF was a successful catalysis of a number of common diary elements into one unforgettable whole. From the return of McFly, to the Beautiful Reign, the brand-split, the Eisens, Eye of the Tiger, the emergence of Generation Supreme and Christian Faith's head, this diary can be summed up in one word: Money.

4. SWF: This Means War/MWA: This Means War (Scapino1974, closed) - If you have to pick one, it's MWA, but you really need both to make the best of this epic story which spanned some seven or eight years of CV history. Linked by an overarching storyline of the war between TCW, SWF and eventually MWA, Scapino put together some of the best backstage segments seen on the board, despite being a mainly ring-focused story. Scap also introduced the Survivors to somewhat of a mixed response, and was able to adapt to make some of them genuinely respected characters - to the extent that they became (nearly) part of CVerse canon through their inclusion in the '97 mod.

5. PPPW: Dangerous Dreams (Phantom Stranger, closed) - I've never played the '97 database, really. I didn't know who a lot of the characters in this diary were, and when I did recognise them, they bore no resemblance to how I saw them. And yet... through clever use of the back-and-forth narrative, Phantom crafted one of the most compelling stories ever seen on the boards. He cheerfully hung a lampshade on the foreshortened nature of the company's future, but half the fun was seeing how crazy the company could get as it charged towards its end.

6. Puerto Rican Self Preservation Society 2.0 (Tigerkinney, open) - There's a certain kinship (no pun intended) between myself and TK as we're both writing small feds trying to grow in a bit of a hostile world. TK, however, has to deal with Puerto Rican Power, Leper Messiah and the temptation not to push himself despite being a key part of the active roster. The growth of FCW has made for a highly entertaining read, and the attention to the outside world that is also included in the diary is a welcome bonus. And let's not forget: Awesome matches.

7. Secrets Of The Ring Vol. 2: SWF (NoNeck, open) - Lots of blood, lots of violence - SWF got a lot less family-friendly during "Jillefski's" stint at the helm. With Keith, Faith, McFly, Bruce and Valiant, SWF had a World title scene as strong as any ever written, and there was a nice amount of goofiness in there as well, to offset the violence. SOTR also continued the '08 tradition of exploiting the non-lifetime contracts of NOTBPW, picking up two Stones and a McFly when their contracts came up.

8. MAW: Back to Basics (shipshirt, closed) - Remember that South Park episode where "the Simpsons already did it?" No Back to Basics, no 10 Simple Rules. It's that simple. From the Jay vs. Rip feud to the growth of MAW to the ongoing tag team issues, shipshirt did it first. Clear, simple presentation, a real feeling that the characters were both developing and remaining consistent, and of course there were the wonderful old-time posters that previewed the important shows.

9. PSW: The Evolution of Greed (Eisen-verse, open) - I'm so far behind this one, but the concept is fantastic. Eisen-verse really captures the feel of a small promotion, as well as dealing with the 'raids' from above. The booking is solid, and plays to the strengths of the characters involved, as well as taking some characters in whole new directions.

10. WWF: From Montreal To Attitude (keefmoon, closed) - Just one real world diary makes the cut for me. I'm not a big reader of non CVerse diaries, but this one caught my eye. There's a strong element of wish-fulfillment in the roster that keef brings together (raiding ECW), but at the same time the booking is unmistakably WWF in nature (Sable). HHH and HBK are all over the show, so that's definitely realistic, but equally the rise of Stone Cold is expertly booked, and likewise Owen Hart's ascent to true main-event player has you rooting for him every step of the way. Also, as someone else noted, the booking is done in such a way that generally everyone is kept strong - it's rare for a match to be completely predictable.

Honourable mentions:

Brifidelity's NYCW - The first CVerse diary I ever read

G-Prime's WWE: Rebirth

praguepride's RIPW: Nero Fiddled While SWF Burned

Boomking's The Kid And The Business

Edited:

1. MAW: 10 Simple Rules (James Casey) - Open

2. FCW: Puerto Rican Self Preservation Society: Version 2.0 (Tiger Kinney) - Open

3. PSW: Evolution of Greed (Eisen-Verse) - Open

4. WCW: Prequel to the Death of WCW (Tristam) - Open

5. USPW: Ages 65 and Older (J Silver) - sorta open, I guess but I'' use it as closed

6. BHOTWG: Burning Desire, Raising the Hammer (TigerKinney) - Closed

7. TCW: A Quiet Retirement (Phantom Stranger) - Open

8. WWF: From Montreal to Attitude (Keefmoon) - Closed

9. SWF: Secrets of the Ring Volume 2 (NoNeck) - Closed

10. CZCW: Tradition Dictates (infinitywpi) - Closed

Wow, that was tough. Had to leave off some current diaries I love.

1. BHOTWG: Burning Desire, Raising the Hammer (Tigerkinney)

2. SWF: Generation Supreme (BigPapa42)

3. CZCW: Tradition Dictates (infinitywpi)

4. MAW: 10 Simple Rules (James Casey)

5. FCW: Puerto Rican Self Preservation Society: Version 2.0 (Tigerkinney)

6. PSW: Evolution of Greed (Eisen-Verse)

7. -

8. -

9. -

10. -

Open

1. Cverse Draft 2009: Frontier Combat Kingdom (Self)

2. PSW: Evolution of Greed (Eisen-Verse)

3. MoSC: The Worst Of British Wrestling (Nevermore)

4. EWA: Why People Almost Care About Wrestling In Europe, But Hate Themselves For It (Comradebot)

5. TCW: A Quiet Retirement (Phantom Stranger)

Closed

1. Pittsburgh Steel Wrestling: DaVE's not here (McShamrock)

2. BBW: Start A War, Chapter II (FINisher)

4. WEXXV: The Devils Rejects (FINisher)

5. DAVE: Start A War (FINisher)

Wow, surprised i could name all 10 that quickly really.

Edit:

(I'd just quickly like to say to d_w_w: I see this more as a 'best of the wrestling diaries' kinda thing (even if that may not 'officially' be the case.) If this were a creative writing ranking, you'd be top everytime ;))

Top 10

1. Cverse Draft 2009: Frontier Combat Kingdom (Self)

2. Pittsburgh Steel Wrestling: DaVE's not here (McShamrock)

3. BBW: Start A War, Chapter II (FINisher)

4. PSW: Evolution of Greed (Eisen-Verse)

5. MoSC: The Worst Of British Wrestling (Nevermore)

6. CZCW: Tradition Dictates (infinitywpi)

7. WEXXV: The Devils Rejects (FINisher)

8. EWA: Why People Almost Care About Wrestling In Europe, But Hate Themselves For It (Comradebot)

9. DAVE: Start A War (FINisher)

10. TCW: A Quiet Retirement (Phantom Stranger)

Closed

1. Pittsburgh Steel Wrestling: DaVE's not here (McShamrock)

2. BBW: Start A War, Chapter II (FINisher)

4. WEXXV: The Devils Rejects (FINisher)

5. DAVE: Start A War (FINisher)

Wow, surprised i could name all 10 that quickly really.

I'm so honoured and flattered. :cool:

Open

1.WCW 1998:A prequel to "Death of WCW" by Tristam

This one is very orginal and shows you a different way of how to push WCW

2.The NEW NWA by Dse81

This one is kinda like an independent flim it goes on it own as the author (DSE81) shows you a different look that Wildfire1234 doesn't

3.NWA:Beyond the Glory by Wildfire1234

This dynasty litterally kicks your butt it has you on the edge of your seat from the 1st show to the most recent.

4.ECW 2006:The Blunder that Changed Wrestling by Save. Us Necro

Great Nostlagic Dynasty here why showing new stars

5.ECW Worldwide by Nevermore

This one has it's own universe which makes it crazy.

1. BigPapa's SWF - Best capture of "being the booker" I've ever seen.

2. Nevermore's ECW - Utterly, completely, totally the best.

5. Self's FCK - Beyond the macho-DeColt Rules exterior, Self's work subtly expresses his hidden desire to be women

7. Zeel1's TCW - Warning: It's long. But so very worth it.

8. James Casey's MAW - The Rip Chord James Casey fight is the most epic thing I've read in a dynasty. All storylines seem thought out.

3. Tristram's WCW - The original, and imho the better of his works.

4. Monkeypox's DaVE - Yeah. Just read it.

6. Phantom Stranger's PPPW - Gives you nostalgic feelings on fictional characters. That's good writing.

9. Any of Infinitywpi's CZCW - Seriously, pick one. Any one, it's all great work.

10. The entire scapino epic - this should be made into a book, it's that damn good.

1. MAW: 10 Simple Rules, James Casey. Open

2. USPW: Where Ages 65 And Older Get In For Free, J Silver. Semi-Closed

3. SWF: Secrets Of The Ring Volume 2, Noneck. Closing

4. PSW: The Evolution Of Greed, Eisen-Verse. Open

5. EWA: Why People Almost Care About Wrestling In Europe But Hate Themselves For It, Comradebot. Open (but not enough lolz.)

6. PSW: DAVE's Not Here, McShamrock. Closed

7. WEXXV: The Devil's Rejects, Finisher. Closed

8. TCW: A Quite Retirement, Phantom Stranger. Open

9. The David Mack Chronicles: The CGC Era!, Dragonmack. Closed

10. USPW: Long Hard Road From Cult, Angeldelayette. Open

Dam hard to chose and I sure left out some doozies but I went for all 2008 except Silver. Angel has finally found his groove with this current USPW version and isn't slacking of and doing even better then his failed ventures before that so be sure to check it out. As far as the closed go some aren't completely closed but are definitely winding down or to an end and the author has indicated such.

Edit: Changed the layout as per Mistakens instructions, now you other lazy bastards give him the links! JK.

wow, just wow.

Really appreciate the participation!!!

I know that you have a month to work on your posts, but please see James Casey's lay out. 1-10, not two seperate lists of 5. I don't want to miss interpret where you wanted the open diaries ranked against the closed.

sorry to be picky :rolleyes:

Open

1.WCW 1998:A prequel to "Death of WCW" by Tristam

This one is very orginal and shows you a different way of how to push WCW

2.The NEW NWA by Dse81

This one is kinda like an independent flim it goes on it own as the author (DSE81) shows you a different look that Wildfire1234 doesn't

3.NWA:Beyond the Glory by Wildfire1234

This dynasty litterally kicks your butt it has you on the edge of your seat from the 1st show to the most recent.

4.ECW 2006:The Blunder that Changed Wrestling by Save. Us Necro

Great Nostlagic Dynasty here why showing new stars

5.ECW Worldwide by Nevermore

This one has it's own universe which makes it crazy.

Thanks, playa

3. Self's FCK - Beyond the macho-DeColt Rules exterior, Self's work subtly expresses his hidden desire to be women

4. Zeel1's TCW - Warning: It's long. But so very worth it.

5. James Casey's MAW - The Rip Chord James Casey fight is the most epic thing I've read in a dynasty. All storylines seem thought out.

1. Tristram's WCW - The original, and imho the better of his works.

2. Monkeypox's DaVE - Yeah. Just read it.

3. Phantom Stranger's PPPW - Gives you nostalgic feelings on fictional characters. That's good writing.

4. Any of Infinitywpi's CZCW - Seriously, pick one. Any one, it's all great work.

5. The entire scapino epic - this should be made into a book, it's that damn good.

Wow, I'm glad you mentioned the original Death of WCW. I find myself going back there so often to reflect on it. As a matter of fact, I was just putting in yesterday in my current diary that I want to have a crack at building a Hall of Records of sorts (show listings, brief descriptions, feud stories, Championship history etc etc) to go into my current diary so the original DOWCW which I enjoyed doing so much isn't forgotten entirely, even by me. I found recently so many similarities in the stories.. heh, I'm so unimaginative. I kind of wish it was still alive, the only reason it died is because my PC crashed and I lost all the data. Maybe one day I will attempt to recreate the mod data and have another crack at it, but it was definitely so much fun to do. I guess the only major difference between the two eras ('98 to 2000) was the fact that in 2000 WCW was more of an underdog and had been torn apart piece by piece systematically, and that because everything was basically destroyed it gave you so many different ways to do things. You can kinda lose a bit of creativity with such a solid period like 1998 which I think is the ultimate difference in quality that you allude to and that I sometimes feel myself.

Open:

1. MAW: 10 Simple Rules (James Casey)

2. FCW: Puerto Rican Self Preservation Society: Version 2.0 (Tiger Kinney)

3. PSW: Evolution of Greed (Eisen-Verse)

4. WCW: Prequel to the Death of WCW (Tristam)

5. TCW: A Quiet Retirement (Phantom Stranger)

Closed

1. USPW: Ages 65 and Older (J Silver) - sorta open, I guess

2. BHOTWG: Burning Desire, Raising the Hammer (TigerKinney)

3. WWF: From Montreal to Attitude (Keefmoon)

4. SWF: Secrets of the Ring Volume 2 (NoNeck)

5. CZCW: Tradition Dictates (infinitywpi)

Wow, that was tough. Had to leave off some current diaries I love.

Thanks mate, means a lot coming from such a great author and mind as yourself.

5. Self's FCK - Beyond the macho-DeColt Rules exterior, Self's work subtly expresses his hidden desire to be women

7. Zeel1's TCW - Warning: It's long. But so very worth it.

8. James Casey's MAW - The Rip Chord James Casey fight is the most epic thing I've read in a dynasty. All storylines seem thought out.

3. Tristram's WCW - The original, and imho the better of his works.

4. Monkeypox's DaVE - Yeah. Just read it.

6. Phantom Stranger's PPPW - Gives you nostalgic feelings on fictional characters. That's good writing.

9. Any of Infinitywpi's CZCW - Seriously, pick one. Any one, it's all great work.

10. The entire scapino epic - this should be made into a book, it's that damn good.

I really appreciate that sentiment, thank you, Astil. And yeah, it's pretty long - and I'm only on Month 3, Week 2.. :p Man, once I get to Total Mayhem, we'll have one novel-sized dynasty on our hands..*

*Subtle subliminal message, stating that you should read it all now, before doing so becomes too daunting of a task.. =P

1. New York City Wrestling: Tradition Begins Anew by BriFidelity

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5605

The original work that inspired my own very popular NYCW diary

2. Mark Cuban does Dave by Monkeypox

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19932

Arguably one of the best cornellverse diaries ever done.

3. Suscribe to the ROF Newsletter by Marcel Fromage

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24760

Innovation in presentation, and makes a pure wrestling promotion actually entertaining.

4. Burning Desire, Raising the Hammer by Tigerkinney

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21681

One of the most in depth diaries done in the Japanese area, as well as the standard in detailed match writeups.

5. MAW: Back to Basics by Shipshirt

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19454

Before there was James Casey, there was Shipshirt paving the way on MAW

1. Wildfire's NWA: Return To Glory/Beyond the Glory (Ongoing.)

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14123

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34559

Definitely the best diary on these boards. Ever. Wildfire's epic story has given us unforgettable moments, excellent characters, and some of the most compelling booking ever.

2. Bigpapa's SWF: Generation Supreme (Ongoing. (Sort of.))

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35327

The best C-Verse Dynasty I've ever read. Outstanding from end-to-end, made me fall in love with the C-Verse all over again, and inspired my own dynasty.

3. Monkeypox's Mark Cuban does DaVE (Closed.)

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19932

The diary that got me into the C-Verse, took characters I didn't know, and made them matter.

4. Nevermore's ECW Worldwide (Ongoing.)

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15014

Nevvy is a stellar booker, and his writing is awesome.

5. Panix/Phantom Stranger's Destined To Fail (Both of them.) (Closed)

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27546

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34887

Crazy fun for all involved.

6. Wallbanger's Generations (Closed)

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21424

JeriLynn Stone is the best Avatar character I have ever read, and the offscreen story is outstanding.

7. Tristram's Death of WCW (Original.) (Closed.)

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15296

One of my favourites, Tris went from strength to strength as the diary progressed.

8. Self's Frontier Combat Kingdom (Ongoing.)

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38742

Great characterisation, great stories, a breath of fresh air on the same-old same-old C-Verse.

9. Phantom Stranger's PPPW: Dangerous Dreams (Closed.)

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35817

Like someone stated before, PS made us feel nostalgic for fictional characters, and that takes talent.

10. Nevermore's MoSC: The Worst of British Wrestling (Ongoing.)

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32960

A tough decision for 10th place, there's so many dynasties out there, but I had to go with Nevvy here. He takes what made him great in ECW, and applies it to the C-Verse, in a much smaller promotion.

1) Mark Cuban Does DAVE (Monkeypox) (Closed)

2) Burning Desire, Raising the Hammer (Tigerkinney) (Closed)

3) MAW: Ten Simple Rules (James Casey) (Open)

4) Generation Supreme (BigPapa) (Open on a Technicality)

5) Dangerous Dreams: PPPW (Phantom Stranger) (Closed)

6) The David Mack Chronicles :The CGC Era (DragonMack)(Closed)

7) Death of WCW (Tristram) (Closed)

8) Secrets of the Ring V2 (NoNeck) (Closing)

9) Puerto Rican Self Preservation Society (Tigerkinney) (Open)

10) Ages 65 and Older Get in Free (J-Silver) (Open)

I had a hard time leaving off a few of the much older diaries, the stuff I started reading when I first lurked before I joined, like Brifidelity, ShipShirt, and Scapino. In the end, I sided with personal favorites rather than paying respect to the foundation setters; the chicken instead of the egg, if you will.

(Edit: Holy crap on the support for SOTR to be included on this list of lists! You guys really are awesome.)

Archived