What New updates would you like to see?

There's an entire suggestions forum for exactly this, not sure why you'd start a thread about it elsewhere. :rolleyes:

Having said that, adding titles to advanced booking might be nice... and being able to import save games between TEW games is NEVER going to happen. They'd be different games, so they would never be compatible especially if any stats were added or changed between games.

There's an entire suggestions forum for exactly this, not sure why you'd start a thread about it elsewhere. :rolleyes:

Having said that, adding titles to advanced booking might be nice... and being able to import save games between TEW games is NEVER going to happen. They'd be different games, so they would never be compatible especially if any stats were added or changed between games.

True but if the database is kept the same behind the game it should not be a problem importing. Even if some fields are added it could be done.

True but if the database is kept the same behind the game it should not be a problem importing. Even if some fields are added it could be done.

False but if the database is kept the same behind the game it should not be a problem as there is no point for there being a new game.

I dont understand why one would want a new game so they can play their old game...... I dont buy NHL 10 because I want to play my NHL 09 dynasty.

Actually there would be a point for a new game, etc. It's called added features. For example, why doesn't everyone still use Microsoft Office 95? Because the new versions have added features. Your Office 95 documents still work with the current version of Office and when opened with the current version have all of the added benefits.

It's the same thing. I would like to continue the game I have in a new version, but with any added features/upgrades.

I put a bunch of time into my TEW 2008 game (I'm at the end of 2014). If I can't continue my game in a new version of TEW, I would most likely not buy it.

Some people who play TEW start new games every few months. Others, like myself, like playing one game continuously.

MrCanada - That's one of the reasons I don't buy the new version of Madden, NBA or NHL every year. Sometimes the added features are not enough to make me want to give up my current game.

For example, why doesn't everyone still use Microsoft Office 95? Because the new versions have added features. Your Office 95 documents still work with the current version of Office and when opened with the current version have all of the added benefits.

It's the same thing.

No, it really isn't. Conceptually they're two completely different things. You can open a historical document because there's no requirement to apply any of the new features, it's still just a basic document at heart, and so you have all the data you need. Applying an old save slot to a new version of the game is fundamentally different because you don't have all the data you need to continue it.

and being able to import save games between TEW games is NEVER going to happen. They'd be different games, so they would never be compatible especially if any stats were added or changed between games.
I've been playing my OOTP franchise league since OOTP3, and the game is now on OOTP 10. There's been a TON of new featurs added.

Adam, I was just trying to give a generic example. I realize the whole office thing was not the same but just trying to get the idea across.

Hell, when a new version of TEW comes out I'd be happy to pay more than a new copy of TEW 2010 would cost me for a patch to update my TEW 2008.

BigPhesta what is OOTP3?

I've been playing my OOTP franchise league since OOTP3, and the game is now on OOTP 10. There's been a TON of new featurs added.

but they dont get to get converted to the imported game which is basically like playing the old game

Let's say there are new stats added to the next game

what's going to happen to that old save since it didnt have them?

Adam, I was just trying to give a generic example. I realize the whole office thing was not the same but just trying to get the idea across.

Hell, when a new version of TEW comes out I'd be happy to pay more than a new copy of TEW 2010 would cost me for a patch to update my TEW 2008.

BigPhesta what is OOTP3?

Out Of The Park 3, its a baseball simulater. Think TEW in baseball.

If there are new stats, it should be almost like using a mod. You can use your save game (i.e. a mod) or you can use the default database, which has the updated stats etc.

You The Point

You clearly aren't someone who listens to what people say or understands how TEW (or perhaps even computers) works. I don't know about Adam, but it's frustrating reading your posts and knowing that things like this have been explained countless times before. It's just not gonna happen. And you're still gonna want to buy any new TEW games that come out for the new features. If you are happy with 08 and the game you have going, then keep playing it. But expecting to be able to port it into a new game is like expecting Minesweeper to play Soliltaire.. or something like that.

Anywho, enough from me. Suggestions in the suggestions forum where they belong, that's all I really wanted to say in this thread in the first place. :)

but they dont get to get converted to the imported game which is basically like playing the old game

Let's say there are new stats added to the next game

what's going to happen to that old save since it didnt have them?

that's happened in many versions. The stats are simply added from the new version forward. Player history was added in one version, players had no history up to that point then it was there after tht point

Well, since you made it a point to insult me for whatever reason you have. Let me explain something. I've worked in IT for 12 years. I've worked on everything from a Help Desk to some minor programming including everything in between. So, if there's someone who doesn't understand this stuff, it definately isnt me.

I have no idea how Adam programs this stuff, whether it's starting from scratch or building it off the previous version. If it is going to happen or not, is up to Adam. It is do-able though, depending on the changes that he has in mind and how he goes about it. Someone asked for thoughts on what I would like to see - I stated it.

Other people questioned it and also posted their ideas. I only expanded on my thoughts.

You are the only person saying it can't be done. Anyone else who knows anything about computers knows it can be done. It's just a choice for Adam as to whether it would work with what he has in store. I've never heard anyone talk out of their *ss like you just did.

BigPhesta understands what I am saying.

In the past, I made a comment that I would like to be able to print some things from the game. I was told it wasn't going to happen - from Adam - so I moved on. No biggie.

Generally, I find you to be a wealth of info on this game. I chalk it up to just being a bad day for you.

BTW Derek B, I apologize if anything I mentioned was covered before. I get on these forums once or twice a month, if that. I don't bother reading all the posts in between visitis. If I have a question, and I can't find a similar question in a quick search, I will post. I thought that was one of the reasons for having a forum.

Well, since you made it a point to insult me for whatever reason you have. Let me explain something. I've worked in IT for 12 years. I've worked on everything from a Help Desk to some minor programming including everything in between. So, if there's someone who doesn't understand this stuff, it definately isnt me.

Here's a point that has nothing to do with coding that you're missing.

Let's say the next TEW introduces a stat called, I dunno, Tag Team Wrestling, which makes you better at tagging up - not with a specific wrestler, but with anyone.

So you open up your old save, and there's something which the game uses every time you book a tag match, except there are no values for it anywhere in your old save.

This is going to cause problems, which makes converting the save awkward.

Now let's take an example from TEW 07 to TEW 08.

Looks was changed to Sex Appeal. Now Bruce the Giant had excellent Looks, but crappy Sex Appeal. It's the same position on the database and for most women/good lookin' guys it does the same thing - but not for everyone. So a bunch of your guys now have a stat which doesn't make sense for them.

Again, this can lead to weird situations.

It's fairly basic stuff; the stats may remain the same, or not, but be used in a different manner that means the old number doesn't match. Or you may need an entirely new number that you just don't have. These cause issues, man.

Phantom Stranger, I'm pretty sure the guy understands what your saying, all he is saying is that there is the possibility of Adam allowing us to do it, even if it creates a mis matched game.

And he would like the feature to be added to import old games into the new features even if it creates a mismatch, hell i would love it too, even if I have to go edit the features

Archived