Sean O'Haire sucked....

MrCanada

I'm going to be honest. Vince likes pure Hosses. He loves the hulking slow big guys. He doesn't like fast big guys.

Look at Vader. Look at Bam Bam Bigelow. Why weren't those two BIGGER? Now, Vader had his own issues, but, for some reason, he was never main event in the WWE.

As for Bam Bam Bigelow, this guy was everything Vince could have wanted, but with much more to silence critics of Vince. You couldn't say Bam Bam didn't sell. You couldn't say Bam Bam couldn't wrestle. You couldn't say Bam Bam looked fake. You also couldn't say Bam Bam looked slow.

Wrestling is full of 'can't miss' stars that did. Ultimately very few wrestlers have the right combination of look, skill, fan connection, backstage connections, gimmick and luck to become a megastar. Most have a few of those things but lack others.

Sean O Haire was someone who could have been a megastar if a couple of those factors had worked in his favor. And as for him sucking as a wrestler, exactly how much wrestling did Hulk Hogan ever do in a match? It was like 10 years as a main eventer before he did anything more than a clothesline, a slam, or a leg drop.

He was what he was, potential that failed to be realized. Better than some, worse than others. At least he did get to have a few moments to shine with what most people still consider one of the most awesome gimmicks ever. That is a hell of a lot more than the Staziaks, Palumbos, Jindraks, Morgans etc who fit the same mold achieved.

I'm going to be honest. Vince likes pure Hosses. He loves the hulking slow big guys. He doesn't like fast big guys.

Look at Vader. Look at Bam Bam Bigelow. Why weren't those two BIGGER? Now, Vader had his own issues, but, for some reason, he was never main event in the WWE.

As for Bam Bam Bigelow, this guy was everything Vince could have wanted, but with much more to silence critics of Vince. You couldn't say Bam Bam didn't sell. You couldn't say Bam Bam couldn't wrestle. You couldn't say Bam Bam looked fake. You also couldn't say Bam Bam looked slow.

Vader did main event in the WWF. Maybe he could have main evented for a longer period of time but the Vader character was just so tired and lacked the "modern" edge that WWF was trying to add to their programming that it's not surprising his run at the top was short.

Wrestling is full of 'can't miss' stars that did. Ultimately very few wrestlers have the right combination of look, skill, fan connection, backstage connections, gimmick and luck to become a megastar. Most have a few of those things but lack others.

Sean O Haire was someone who could have been a megastar if a couple of those factors had worked in his favor. And as for him sucking as a wrestler, exactly how much wrestling did Hulk Hogan ever do in a match? It was like 10 years as a main eventer before he did anything more than a clothesline, a slam, or a leg drop.

He was what he was, potential that failed to be realized. Better than some, worse than others. At least he did get to have a few moments to shine with what most people still consider one of the most awesome gimmicks ever. That is a hell of a lot more than the Staziaks, Palumbos, Jindraks, Morgans etc who fit the same mold achieved.

Except Hogan could do more as we know he is not as bad in the ring as people think just look at his Japanese and earlier work, he is still not great.

Ehm Morgan is being quite successful in a little company called TNA lol and living up to his potential. I know the E screwed up on him but TNA is doing a good job with him imho

Except Hogan could do more as we know he is not as bad in the ring as people think just look at his Japanese and earlier work, he is still not great.

Ehm Morgan is being quite successful in a little company called TNA lol and living up to his potential. I know the E screwed up on him but TNA is doing a good job with him imho

I know Hogan could do more, so could O'Haire. Most wrestlers usually have more in their repetoire than you usually get to see in a match. my point was that as far as watching , O'Haire's matches had a little more variety of moves, as well as impressive spots, compared to the standard Hogan match.

As for Morgan being successful, until he starts getting runs with titles, he really isnt more than hyped muscleman, bodyguard and monster. Granted he does have more opportunity than the others I mentioned to break the mold as he is still working and getting a push, but I don't see the fan connection that would push him into a bonafide main eventer and reg titleholder.

• 4 years later...
Guest mrweblink

Open letter to Mr Canada....

Mr. Canada,

I could always tell a 'mark' when I see one. Or, if you are a present or former worker, then you should know better to write what you did, about Mr. Sean Haire. By the way, it's Haire not O'Haire.

WCW never gave Sean the 'push' he needed for success. When you have a handicap like Eric Bishoff, who knows nothing about the wrestling business, because he's merely a TV guy, then you are doomed, as a newcomer.

On the other hand, WWE buried him, because they were too busy pushing people like Levesque, Orton, Michaels etc. Just so you know.........

I'm not picking on you, just because I am an American and you are a Canadian. I am personal friends with many of the old timers, including Johnny Powers.

I could think of at least 20 people who worked at WCW or WWE and never got a push and should have. But that's how it goes......... The wrestling business is a cut throat business where you have many 'few' friends.

I will leave you with this........ One of the greatest wrestling teachers was also one of the best heels in his day. I'm talking about Killer Kowalski. Killer was asked one day, "What makes a wrestler successful"?

Killer replied, "You have to get the people to notice you and the promoter does the rest".

Did Sean accomplish that? You bet! Did Bishoff or McMahon do their job? I think NOT! Sean was never stiff. He was battling depression for many years.

Was his concentration off? Yes it was.

When I see marks like you, using phrases like "overhyped" or "worthless", I say to myself, well, here's another wrestling mark who has no clue about the wrestling business.

Mr. Canada,

I could always tell a 'mark' when I see one. Or, if you are a present or former worker, then you should know better to write what you did, about Mr. Sean Haire. By the way, it's Haire not O'Haire.

WCW never gave Sean the 'push' he needed for success. When you have a handicap like Eric Bishoff, who knows nothing about the wrestling business, because he's merely a TV guy, then you are doomed, as a newcomer.

On the other hand, WWE buried him, because they were too busy pushing people like Levesque, Orton, Michaels etc. Just so you know.........

I'm not picking on you, just because I am an American and you are a Canadian. I am personal friends with many of the old timers, including Johnny Powers.

I could think of at least 20 people who worked at WCW or WWE and never got a push and should have. But that's how it goes......... The wrestling business is a cut throat business where you have many 'few' friends.

I will leave you with this........ One of the greatest wrestling teachers was also one of the best heels in his day. I'm talking about Killer Kowalski. Killer was asked one day, "What makes a wrestler successful"?

Killer replied, "You have to get the people to notice you and the promoter does the rest".

Did Sean accomplish that? You bet! Did Bishoff or McMahon do their job? I think NOT! Sean was never stiff. He was battling depression for many years.

Was his concentration off? Yes it was.

When I see marks like you, using phrases like "overhyped" or "worthless", I say to myself, well, here's another wrestling mark who has no clue about the wrestling business.

WOW!!!! thanks dude for bumping the thread from 2009!!!!!

Archived