WWE 2006: New Year, New Stars, New Beginnings

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p></p><span>http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/wwe_smackdown.jpg</span><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> Location: Baltimore Arena (Mid Atlantic)</strong></p><p><strong> Attendance: 9,325</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> Announce Team: </strong></p><p><strong> </strong><span>http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/MichaelCole.jpg</span><strong> & </strong><span>http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/Tazz3.jpg</span></p><p><strong> Michael Cole & Tazz</strong></p><p> </p><p> --------------------------------------------------------------------------</p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> Dark Matches:</p><p> </p><p> • Simon Dean beat Stevie Richards</p><p> • Jillian Hall beat Hamada</p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="color:#0000FF;">*****</span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> <strong>The usual opening video and pyro was not present this week, as the show started with the longhorn limousine entering the arena, signalling the arrival of John Bradshaw Layfield.</strong> </p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#008000;">Cole:</span> <em>Well, it looks like JBL is going to open things up here on Friday Night Smackdown. Just a reminder that tonight’s main event will see Kurt Angle team up with Rey Mysterio to face off against the Tag Team Champions, MNM.</em></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#9932CC;">Tazz:</span> <em>That one’s gonna be off the hook, Cole. I can’t wait.</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>JBL steps out of his limo. He is joined by his assistant, Jillian Hall. They both warily make their way to the ring, with JBL looking particularly shaken up, obviously concerned about the recent goings on with The Undertaker. With the two of them in the ring, Jillian hands Bradshaw a mic. As the “You Suck” chants die down, Bradshaw begins.</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24967" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span style="color:#FF0000;">JBL:</span> <strong><em>Before I begin, I would like to direct everybody’s attention to the Titan Tron please. Could you please roll the footage?</em></strong></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong>A video is played showing some of the highlights, or lowlights, of JBL’s ordeal last week, which saw The Undertaker playing mind games with JBL. Flickering lights in the corridor, appearing behind him from out of nowhere etc. The video then shows the ending of The Undertakers match with Mark Henry, in which he placed JBL’s hat on the head of Henry before dropping him with the Tombstone. </strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> The cameras return to the arena, where the fans are cheering at the video that they just witnessed. A large “Rest in Peace” chant is heard.</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24967" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span style="color:#FF0000;">JBL:</span> <strong><em>Undertaker, I don’t know how to break this to you, but I refuse to face you. I told you weeks ago that I would not be your Wrestlemania job boy. So all these little mind games you’re trying to play with me? They are a complete waste of time. Taker, I have beaten you before. And if I wanted to, I could beat you again.</em></strong></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong>At that point, the lights in the arena begin to flicker and a rumbling of thunder is heard as the fans in attendance go wild. JBL’s eyes are popping out of his head as he continues nervously.</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24967" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span style="color:#FF0000;">JBL:</span> <strong><em>Y...You don’t scare me, Undertaker. You do NOT scare me. I am above you. I should be concentrating on my goal of becoming World Heavyweight Champion. And I’ll be damned if I’m gonna let you get in my way. Your little magic show doesn’t mean a damn thing to me. It doesn’t impress me and it DOES NOT scare me. You just...</em></strong></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong>The lights in the arena go out completely, causing the crowd to go into a frenzy. When they return, Jillian Hall has disappeared once again. JBL is flipping out in the ring, but he tries his hardest to stay composed.</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24967" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span style="color:#FF0000;">JBL:</span> <strong><em>Is that it, Taker? Is that all you have? I’m the longest reigning Champion in Smackdown History. I’m a wrestling god. And you are a god damn cartoon character from the 1990’s. If I wanted to take you out, you can bet your last stinkin’ dollar that I would. But it isn’t going to happen. So why don’t you drag your sorry ass back to the graveyard and get back in your casket, because this isn’t gonna happen.</em></strong></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong>The fans are on their feet and going insane as JBL continues to speak. The canvas of the ring is being torn open into a hole. And from the hole crawls The Undertaker as smoke billows from the pit he just created. As he gets to his feet, JBL turns around and almost leaps out of his expensive cowboy boots. Undertaker approaches him, but JBL leaps from the ring and sprints up the ramp. The Undertaker stares a hole through JBL from the ring as Bradshaw looks absolutely terrified. The lights go out once again and when they return, “The Phenom” is gone, replaced by a shaking and tearful Jillian Hall. Bradshaw is unconcerned with her however as he runs to the back.</strong></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#008000;">Cole:</span> <em>Well, even I’m confused by this one, Tazz.</em></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#9932CC;">Tazz:</span> <em>Yeah, well it doesn’t take a lot to confuse you, Cole. Hey, you think we can get somebody out here to fix the ring? We’ve still got a show going on, you know.</em></p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="color:#0000FF;">*****</span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> <strong>The cameras go backstage, where Doug Basham is heading for the ring accompanied by his partner, Danny Basham. Doug is in action when we return from commercial.</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="color:#0000FF;">*****</span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24967" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/DougBasham.jpg</span><span>http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/versus2.jpg</span><span>http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/TonyMamaluke.jpg</span><p> <span style="font-family:Impact;"><span style="font-size:14px;">Doug Basham vs. Tony Mamaluke</span></span></p><p> </p><p> <strong><em>Both men were lead to ringside by their respective tag team partners. This match was surprisingly even as it began. But Bashams strength and size advantage soon proved to be the deciding factor. And with the vicious streak he and his partner have been on, there was only ever going to be one winner in this one. Doug ended the match when he hit a nasty looking Piledriver on the Full Blooded Italian for the victory.</em></strong></p><p> </p><p> <em>Winner: Doug Basham</em></p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#008000;">Cole:</span> <em>A victory for Doug Basham here, but you got to give credit to Tony Mamaluke. He really put up a good fight.</em></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#9932CC;">Tazz:</span> <em>I don’t think it’s over quite yet, Cole.</em></p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="color:#0000FF;">*****</span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Nunzio was quick to slide into the ring after the bell to check on his partner. That move may have proved costly, as The Bashams decided to add insult to injury, attacking both fiery Italians after the match. Danny Basham lifted Nunzio onto his shoulders as the two hit a sick Powerbomb/Neck Breaker combo. As Mamaluke rose to his feet, the two Bashams went in for the kill, hitting a Double DDT. The official finally convinced the Bashams to leave the ring, clearly happy with the damage they had caused.</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="color:#0000FF;">*****</span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> <strong>The cameras are inside the office of Smackdown General Manager Theodore Long, who is in the middle of a phone call.</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24967" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span style="color:#0000FF;">Long:</span> <strong><em>Hey that’s great news, playa. Hey, if you can make it to Wrestlemania that would be great. I’m sure there are a lot of people who would love to see you again.....OK, I’ll talk to you soon. Holla.</em></strong></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong>Teddy hangs up the phone. But it isn’t long before his office door bursts wide open and in storms a very unstable John Bradshaw Layfield. He is sweating profusely as Teddy gives him a concerned look.</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24967" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span style="color:#0000FF;">Long:</span> <strong><em>Everything alright, John?</em></strong><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#FF0000;">JBL:</span> <strong><em>Yeah, life’s a bunch of god damn roses. NO, everything isn’t alright. You’ve got to do something about the Undertaker, Teddy. Everywhere I turn, that freak is there. Jillian is in a god damn shambles because of him. She’s emotionally scarred. I’ve got bigger things to worry about, Teddy. I’m trying my best, but I can’t conduct business with him breathing down my neck.</em></strong></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#0000FF;">Long:</span> <strong><em>That’s all well and good, but what do you want me to do about it?</em></strong></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#FF0000;">JBL:</span> <strong><em>What do I want you to do? How about doing your damn job? Is that too much to ask? I’m only looking out for the best interest of my staff, Teddy. So I’m asking you...Orlando?</em></strong></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong>Orlando Jordan has made his way into the office after being absent for over a month. JBL looks at him for a few moments before slapping him HARD across the face.</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24967" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span style="color:#FF0000;">JBL:</span> <strong><em>WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN? I’ve been calling you for weeks. What, you couldn’t even pick up the phone and let me know what was going on with you?</em></strong><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#FF0000;">Jordan:</span> <strong><em>I told you, I had family problems.</em></strong></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#FF0000;">JBL:</span> <strong><em>Yeah? We’ll this is your family. Me and Jillian needed you. And we’ve got bigger problems to worry about.</em></strong></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#FF0000;">Jordan:</span> <strong><em>But...</em></strong></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#FF0000;">JBL:</span> <strong><em>Just shut up and stand there. Now Teddy, all I’m asking is that you put a restraining order on The Undertaker so he can’t come within 100 yards of me. I have important plans, and I can’t deal with them if I have to worry about him.</em></strong> </p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#0000FF;">Long:</span> <strong><em>You know what, John? I think this thing with The Undertaker has gone on long enough. So I’m gonna grant that wish. The Undertaker is not to come within 100 yards of you.</em></strong></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#FF0000;">JBL:</span> <strong><em>Thank you, Teddy.</em></strong></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong>Bradshaw looks relieved as he goes to leave with Orlando. But Teddy isn’t done just yet.</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24967" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span style="color:#0000FF;">Long:</span> <strong><em>Hold on, playa. I’m not finished. You see, I’m putting a restraining order on him. But that restraining order will be lifted on April 2nd. Because at Wrestlemania, John Bradshaw Layfield is going to go one on one with The Undertaker.</em></strong></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong>The crowd are going wild at Teddy’s announcement as JBL goes wild with rage.</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24967" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span style="color:#FF0000;">JBL:</span> <strong><em>WHAT? You can’t do that.</em></strong><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#0000FF;">Long:</span> <strong><em>Hey, I’m the General Manager. I think you’ll find I can do whatever I want to. And as for you, Orlando? You look fit. You look ready for action. So tonight, you will have your return match. And you will have that match.... against The Undertaker. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have plans of my own I need to make. Thank you, gentlemen.</em></strong></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong>It is quite apparent that Orlando Jordon did not hear anything else that was being said as his jaw was still firmly on the ground. JBL lead Orlando out of Teddy’s office absolutely fuming.</strong></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#9932CC;">Tazz:</span> <em>What a welcoming gift for Orlando Jordan, having to face “The Dead Man” tonight.</em></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#008000;">Cole:</span> <em>Never mind that, JBL meets The Undertaker at Wrestlemania.</em></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#9932CC;">Tazz:</span> <em>Man, I wouldn’t wanna be Bradshaw come April 2nd.</em></p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="color:#0000FF;">*****</span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> <strong>A car arrives in the parking lot of the arena. The doors open and out step both Kurt Angle AND Rey Mysterio. The two were all smiles, the problems of the past few weeks clearly put behind them as they made their way into the Baltimore Arena.</strong></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#008000;">Cole:</span> <em>Well, it looks like Mysterio and Angle have patched things up.</em></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#9932CC;">Tazz:</span> <em>Well, let’s hope they can stay on the same page when they face Mercury and Nitro tonight.</em></p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="color:#0000FF;">*****</span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> <strong>The music of Cruiserweight Champion Gregory Helms echoed throughout the arena as he made his way to the ring. The fans were not exactly welcoming to “God’s Gift to Wrestling”. Helms sat himself down with Michael Cole and Tazz, ready to do Guest Commentary duties for the next match.</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="color:#0000FF;">*****</span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24967" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/JamesGibson.jpg</span><span>http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/versus2.jpg</span><span>http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/SuperCrazy.jpg</span><p> <span style="font-family:Impact;"><span style="font-size:14px;">Jamie Noble vs. Super Crazy</span></span></p><p> </p><p> <strong><em>For the entire duration of this match, Gregory Helms did nothing but insult the two competitors, calling them, amongst other things, “inbred redneck” and “no talent border jumper”. But what was happening inside the ring soon shut the Cruiserweight Champion up, as Noble and Crazy put on a great match. With Noble being the more technically sound of the two, he spent a majority of the match trying to keep “The Insane Luchadore” grounded. When that didn’t work, he resorted to simply beating the crap out of him. Crazy was not to be outdone though, and was close to ending the match after hitting two Moonsaults. As he headed up top for the third one, Noble’s partner, Kid Kash, headed to ringside. This distracted Crazy long enough for Noble to take him down with the Electric Chair. However, Psicosis soon made his presence felt, distracting Noble by going after his partner. This allowed Super Crazy to hit a head scissors followed by the Triple Moonsault and picking up the all important win.</em></strong></p><p> </p><p> <em>Winner: Super Crazy</em></p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="color:#0000FF;">*****</span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> <strong>As the final bell sounded, the fight was on with both teams slugging it out with each other. Surely Gregory Helms would get involved. Surely not, as he simply took off his headset, grabbed his Cruiserweight Championship that was stolen from him by Super Crazy last week and made his way up the ramp as officials ran past him to split up the carnage that was taking place in the ring. Helms stopped at the top of the ramp to catch a quick glimpse before heading to the back with a ****y grin on his face.</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="color:#0000FF;">*****</span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> <strong>We head backstage, where Josh Mathews is ready to speak to Booker T.</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24967" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span style="color:#008000;">Matthews:</span> <strong><em>Josh Matthews here, backstage at the Baltimore Arena. And I am joined by none other than Booker T. And Booker, tonight you face a tough challenger in Matt Hardy.</em></strong><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#FF0000;">Booker:</span> <strong><em>Listen, Matt ain’t no “tough challenger”. Matt is just like any other punk who gets in there with me, you dig. He wants to throw down with the 5-time WCW Champion? I say let him try. I’ll knock his punk ass down. But I got a bigger problem. And that problem is you, Bobby Lashley. Bobby, I know what you’re trying to do. But let me give it to you straight. She’s mine. That ring on her finger makes her MY property. And I’m sick and tired of having to tell you. So I’m gonna say this one last time. You stay the hell away from her. Whatever is going on between the two of you, it stops now, punk. I really would hate to be you right now. You must feel like a god damn prisoner on death row. Because you know when you’re gonna die. April 2nd, 2006 at Wrestlemania 22. You started it. I end it. Now can you dig THAT? Sucka. Oh, and Sharmell? Baby, it’s been two weeks. I miss waking up next to you. I’m sorry if I upset you. And I know that none of this was your fault. I know Lashley made this happen. So I’m willing to forgive you. Just please, come home baby. I love you. Always.</em></strong></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong>With that, Booker headed towards the ring for his match with Hardy.</strong></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#9932CC;">Tazz:</span> <em>You gotta feel sorry for Booker, man.</em></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#008000;">Cole:</span> <em>Feel sorry for him? After the way he’s treated her?</em></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#9932CC;">Tazz:</span> <em>I’m just saying, you don’t mess with a man’s wife.</em></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#008000;">Cole:</span> <em>There’s no proof that Lashley and Sharmell are having an affair.</em></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#9932CC;">Tazz:</span> <em>Hey, don’t get your panties in a bunch, Cole. I’m just saying. Jeez.</em></p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="color:#0000FF;">*****</span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24967" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/BookerT.jpg</span><span>http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/versus2.jpg</span><span>http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/MattHardy2.jpg</span><p> <span style="font-family:Impact;"><span style="font-size:14px;">Booker T vs. Matt Hardy</span></span></p><p> </p><p> <strong><em>Matt Hardy needed the victory in this match in order to send a message to his five other opponents at Wrestlemania. Booker T needed the victory to send a message to Bobby Lashley. And both men went all out to achieve their goal. Hardy had the advantage for the majority of the match up, and had Booker T down on the mat, ready to hit the Leg Drop from the middle rope. He connected, and signalled for the Twist of Fate. That’s when William Regal slowly made his way to ringside, looking to get into the head of Matt Hardy before their Money in the Bank match in just over a week. With Hardy and the referee distracted with Regal, this was just enough time for Paul Burchill to enter from the crowd. He spun Hardy around and connected with the C-4 before sliding out of the ring again. Booker could have ended it there, but decided to add a final touch to the proceedings, hitting Matt with the Scissor Kick for the three count.</em></strong></p><p> </p><p> <em>Winner: Booker T</em></p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#008000;">Cole:</span> <em>Well Booker picks up the win here tonight, but not without a little help from Regal and Burchill.</em></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#9932CC;">Tazz:</span> <em>Booker had it covered, Cole. Hold up, I don’t think Matt is out of the woods just yet.</em></p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="color:#0000FF;">*****</span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> <strong>With Hardy flat on his back, the two brits decided to take advantage of the situation, and went to work on Hardy, focusing mainly on the legs. Not wanting to miss out on the fun, Booker T decided to join in the beatdown. Burchill and Booker held up the lifeless body of Matt Hardy as William Regal began throwing fists at him.</strong></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#008000;">Cole:</span> <em>Look at this, a three on one attack by these cowards.</em></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#9932CC;">Tazz:</span> <em>It’s called being smart, Cole. Something you wouldn’t really know much about.</em></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#008000;">Cole:</span> <em>Wait a minute. Here comes Lashley.</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Bobby Lashley sprinted towards the ring. Both Regal and Booker T quickly made their exit, leaving Burchill to try to fight him off. But Lashley was fired up, and went to town on Burchill. He finally nailed a huge clothesline, sending him to the outside. Burchill tries frantically to get back in the ring, but Regal holds him back. Lashley attempts to get Hardy to his feet as Booker, Regal and Burchill back up the ramp.</strong></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#008000;">Cole:</span> L<em>ashley makes the save, but it looks like the damage has been done, Tazz.</em></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#9932CC;">Tazz:</span> <em>No kidding. He better take the next week off if he wants to be ready for Wrestlemania in just over a week.</em></p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="color:#0000FF;">*****</span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> <strong>“Burn in my Light” by Mercy Drive hits, and from the back comes “The Legend Killer” Randy Orton. The fans in Baltimore sure are happy to see him....perhaps not. He enters the ring, looking a little tense after tapping out last week to Benoit. And the fans let him know about it with a huge “You tapped out” chant.</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24967" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span style="color:#FF0000;">Orton:</span> <strong><em>Chris Benoit. The Rabid Wolverine. The “Crippler”. All week long, people have been coming up to me telling me “You tapped out”. Well, Chris. They were right. I did tap out. But I didn’t do it because I was in pain. I did it because I am a smart man. I knew that I had to concede defeat in order to live to fight another day. I wasn’t going to risk my well being when I have a big match coming up at Wrestlemania. But you, being the coward that you are, decided not to release the hold. You kept me locked in that hold. You tried to break my neck. Because you knew you needed to weaken me before our match at Wrestlemania. Because you know as well as I do that when it comes down to me and you, one on one, you CANNOT beat me.</em></strong></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong>The crowds boos are deafening as Orton continues.</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24967" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span style="color:#FF0000;">Orton:</span> <strong><em>Boo me all you want, but you know it’s the truth. You see, if it was anybody else, Teddy Long would have fined or suspended Benoit for what he did. But his crusade against me continues. And besides, I wouldn’t have been in that position in the first place if it wasn’t for Nitro and Mercury. I put my trust in them and they let me down. But on April 2nd, that won’t be an issue. Because it will just be the two of us. Orton and Benoit. The Legend Killer and the Rabid Wolverine. And I guarantee you Benoit, that United States Championship will be mine. And when it is, Teddy, that means that I’m gonna be here for good. That means you CAN’T get rid of me. And that means I will destroy Smackdown from the inside out.</em></strong></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong>Orton’s rant was interrupted by the music of the United States Champion Chris Benoit, who got a very warm reception from the fans in attendance. He stepped into the ring with a mic in hand and got right up in the face of Randy Orton.</strong></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#9932CC;">Tazz:</span> <em>Oh, man. I think this one’s gonna blow.</em></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#008000;">Cole:</span> <em>Look at the eyes of Orton. He has bad intentions on his mind.</em></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#9932CC;">Tazz:</span> <em>Gee, ya think?</em></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24967" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span style="color:#0000FF;">Benoit:</span> <strong><em>I wouldn’t be making plans just yet Orton. This belt that I carry on my shoulder, I earned it. I worked hard for it. And I work hard to KEEP it. And at Wrestlemania, just like last week, I will make you TAP. And if you have the guts, I DARE you to prove me wrong.</em></strong></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong>The two men were nose to nose, staring intently at each other. That’s when Orton reared back and spat right in Benoit’s face. With Benoit trying to wipe the spit from his eyes, Orton took advantage and nailed an RKO on the United States Champion. The crowd’s jeers could be heard throughout the building as Orton looked down at his victim. He then got down on the floor and locked the Crossface on Benoit. Benoit was screaming in agony but Orton refused to let go. Officials finally rushed down to the ring to try to pry Orton away from Benoit.</strong></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#008000;">Cole:</span> <em>What a total lack of respect from Orton, first spitting in Benoit’s face, and now this.</em></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#9932CC;">Tazz:</span> <em>But it worked. Orton had a plan and he followed through. It’s a smart move by The Legend Killer.</em></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#008000;">Cole:</span> <em>How can you possibly condone this, Tazz?</em></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#9932CC;">Tazz:</span> <em>Hey, you do what you gotta do.</em></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#008000;">Cole:</span> <em>But don’t forget, Benoit has a match coming up next against Finlay. Surely he can’t go through with it.</em></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#9932CC;">Tazz:</span> <em>He hasn’t got much of a choice, Cole.</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>We cut to commercial as Orton finally releases Benoit from his grip.</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="color:#0000FF;">*****</span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24967" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><em>Non-Title Match:</em></strong></p><p> <span>http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/ChrisBenoitCW6.jpg</span><span>http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/versus2.jpg</span><span>http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/Finlay.jpg</span></p><p> <span style="font-family:Impact;"><span style="font-size:14px;">Chris Benoit vs. Finlay</span></span></p><p> </p><p> <strong><em>The damage had clearly been done to the United States Champion, and Finlay took full advantage of it, slowly wearing Benoit down. The Irishman showed no mercy as he slowly beat Benoit to the mat. But Benoit showed true determination, fighting through the pain and lighting up Finlay with hard chops to the chest. Finlay remained in control however, and hit Benoit with the Celtic Cross. But Benoit managed to get to the ropes. Finlay was looking to finish the match, but he wasn’t expecting Benoit to hit an RKO from nowhere. He followed it up by slowly climbing to the top rope and hitting a Flying Headbutt to pick up the surprise win over Finlay.</em></strong></p><p> </p><p> <em>Winner: Chris Benoit</em></p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#9932CC;">Tazz:</span> <em>BIG props to Benoit there. He fought back after being destroyed by Orton before the match and somehow pulled out the victory.</em></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#008000;">Cole:</span> <em>This just proves the heart, the passion and the determination of Chris Benoit.</em></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#9932CC;">Tazz:</span> <em>I don’t agree with you often. It makes me feel a little funny inside when I do. But I can’t disagree with you on that one.</em></p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="color:#0000FF;">*****</span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> <strong>A video is played in the arena, as well as to the millions at home...</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=" </p><div class="ipsEmbeddedVideo"><div><iframe width="200" height="150" src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/mHaC5JpbcBA?feature=oembed" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="" title="mR. k3nN3dY r3tUrn"></iframe></div></div> name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src=" <div class="ipsEmbeddedVideo"><div><iframe width="200" height="150" src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/mHaC5JpbcBA?feature=oembed" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="" title="mR. k3nN3dY r3tUrn"></iframe></div></div> type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#9932CC;">Tazz:</span> <em>Wow! That’s big, Cole. I wonder when he’s coming back.</em></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#008000;">Cole:</span> <em>Who knows? But I know I’ll have my earplugs at the ready when the loudmouth Kennedy returns to Smackdown.</em></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#9932CC;">Tazz:</span> <em>I’d love to see you say that to his face. He’d slap the goatee right off your face. When the hell are you gonna shave that thing, Cole?</em></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#008000;">Cole:</span> <em>The chicks dig it.</em></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#9932CC;">Tazz:</span> <em>HAHA! Who the hell you trying to kid?</em></p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="color:#0000FF;">*****</span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24967" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/PaulLondon.jpg</span><span>http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/BrianKendrick2.jpg</span><span>http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/versus2.jpg</span><span>http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/Daivari10.jpg</span><span>http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/GregoryHelms.jpg</span><p> <span style="font-family:Impact;"><span style="font-size:14px;">Paul London & Brian Kendrick vs. Daivari & Gregory Helms</span></span></p><p> </p><p> <strong><em>The team experience of London & Kendrick obviously played a pivotal role in this match, with the two making frequent tags and trying to keep Daivari and Helms away from each other. Helms and Daivari got a little offense in, but they simply didn’t gel as a team. Eventually, Helms decided that it just wasn’t worth the effort, and left the ring apron and made his way to the back, leaving Daivari to fend for himself. Try as he might, there was simply no way he was going to be able to fight the odds, and eventually fell victim to Kendrick’s Sliced Bread #2, followed by the London Calling, giving the victory to the challengers for the Tag Team Titles at Wrestlemania.</em></strong></p><p> </p><p> <em>Winners: Paul London & Brian Kendrick</em></p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#008000;">Cole:</span> <em>Can you believe Helms just walked out on his partner?</em></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#9932CC;">Tazz:</span> <em>Honestly, yes I can. It just wasn’t working between the two, so he cut his losses. I don’t blame him.</em></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#008000;">Cole:</span> <em>Wait a minute, what’s this?</em></p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="color:#0000FF;">*****</span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> <strong>At that moment, Joey Mercury and Johnny Nitro ran down to the ring, ready to attack. However, London and Kendrick were prepared, and met them head on when they entered the ring, trading blows with the Tag Team Champions. London and Kendrick had the upper hand over the champs, and sent them to the outside with double dropkicks. They stood their ground in the centre of the ring. But neither of them spotted Melina sneaking in from behind. As she got on her knees to hit a low blow on the two of them, London finally spotted her, and dragged her to her feet. Kendrick turned to face Melina, and this allowed MNM to re-enter the ring and attack from behind, beating down their Wrestlemania opponents. Melina directed traffic from there, ordering the two of them to drag Kendrick to his feet. They then levelled him with the Snap Shot. Melina ordered that the same be done to London, and the champs obliged, hitting London with the same move. The three of them stood tall above London and Kendrick, and the crowd’s jeers did little to dampen their spirits.</strong></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#9932CC;">Tazz:</span> <em>MNM making a HUGE statement their thanks to Melina’s distraction.</em></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#008000;">Cole:</span><em> And you have to wonder how London and Kendrick are going to counter that. Wrestlemania can’t come soon enough for those two.</em></p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="color:#0000FF;">*****</span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24967" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/orlandojordan2.jpg</span><span>http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/versus2.jpg</span><span>http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/Undertaker3.jpg</span><p> <span style="font-family:Impact;"><span style="font-size:14px;">Orlando Jordan vs. The Undertaker</span></span></p><p> </p><p> <strong><em>Orlando really pulled out all the stops to.... who am I kidding? The Undertaker absolutely destroyed Orlando Jordan in his return match. Taker could have ended it at the opening bell when he immediately hit Jordan with a Chokeslam. But The Dead Man wanted to send a clear warning to JBL as he hit two more Chokeslams. The fans thought that it was surely over when he dropped Orlando with the Tombstone, knocking him out cold. But he was soon awoken when Taker locked in a lethal Triangle Choke, causing Orlando to scream out in agony and giving him no choice but to tap out.</em></strong></p><p> </p><p> <em>Winner: The Undertaker</em></p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#9932CC;">Tazz:</span> <em>All I can say is I’m glad I’m retired. I would NOT want to be in the ring with The Dead Man right now.</em></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#008000;">Cole:</span> <em>And I don’t think he’s finished, Tazz.</em></p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="color:#0000FF;">*****</span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Michael Cole was right, The Undertaker was not finished. He dragged Orlando Jordan’s limp body from the ring and dragged him up the ramp as the fans in attendance cheered relentlessly for “The Phenom”. As they reached the stage, The Undertaker pulled his prey to his feet before wrapping his hand around his throat. And in one quick motion, he lifted Jordan up and Chokeslammed him off the stage and through a table below as the fans jumped to their feet. And so began a “Holy ****” chant.</strong></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#9932CC;">Tazz:</span> <em>Orlando’s dead!</em></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#008000;">Cole:</span> <em>We need to get some help out here quickly. This isn’t looking good.</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>EMT’s rushed to the aid of Orlando Jordan as The Undertaker’s eyes rolled to the back of his head, sending a VERY clear message to JBL.</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="color:#0000FF;">*****</span></p></div><p></p><p> </p><p> <strong>The camera goes backstage, where Kurt Angle and Rey Mysterio are making their way to the ring.</strong></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#9932CC;">Tazz:</span><em> Man, I’m in shock after what we just saw.</em></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#008000;">Cole:</span> <em>Who wouldn’t be, Tazz? But we still have the main event coming up, and there you see Kurt Angle and Rey Mysterio making their way to the ring. Will they be able to stay focused on the task at hand? We’re gonna find out next.</em></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#9932CC;">Tazz:</span> <em>I can’t wait.</em></p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="color:#0000FF;">*****</span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24967" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Non-Title Match:</span></strong></p><p> <span>http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/KurtAngle.jpg</span><span>http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/ReyMysterio3.jpg</span><span>http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/versus2.jpg</span><span>http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/JoeyMatthews2.jpg</span><span>http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/JohnMorrison2.jpg</span></p><p> <span style="font-family:Impact;"><span style="font-size:14px;">Kurt Angle and Rey Mysterio vs. MNM</span></span></p><p> </p><p> <strong>The Tag Team Champions were on a high after their actions earlier in the night. But they had to keep their guard up against Angle and Mysterio, who worked extremely well together, seemingly putting their problems behind them. In fact, the two had control of the majority of the match. However, Nitro and Mercury managed to keep the smaller Mysterio in their half of the ring, cutting him off from his partner. Mysterio did manage to make the tag eventually, and Angle went to work, Suplexing the champions across the ring. But the match would take a turn for the worse for Angle and Mysterio. Looking to help his partner, Mysterio took flight, hitting a Springboard Drop Kick. However, he missed his intended target, Joey Mercury, and hit Angle between the eyes. Nitro took the opportunity to throw Rey from the ring. One Snapshot on Angle later, and MNM were able to pick up the victory, much to the shock and annoyance of the Baltimore fans.</strong></p><p> </p><p> <em>Winners: MNM</em></p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#008000;">Cole:</span> <em>Looks like there may be trouble in paradise again between Angle and Mysterio after this one.</em></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#9932CC;">Tazz:</span> <em>No doubt, Cole. A big mistake by Mysterio in this one. Check it out; looks like Kurt is gonna have a few words with Mysterio about it.</em></p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="color:#0000FF;">*****</span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Angle was clearly upset with Mysterio, who was obviously trying to apologize for his mistake. Kurt seemed extremely frustrated, but finally managed a handshake with Mysterio. That’s when he pulled Rey in and delivered a huge Angle Slam to the shock of the audience, who quickly turned on the Olympic Gold Medallist as he made his way to the back.</strong></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#008000;">Cole:</span> <em>This one is certainly a lot more than a friendly rivalry after that.</em></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#9932CC;">Tazz:</span> No <em>doubt Rey is gonna want to have words with Kurt.</em></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#008000;">Cole:</span><em> And I’m sure we will see all the fallout next week on Friday Night Smackdown. Good night, folks. Thanks for joining us.</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>The show faded to black as Mysterio struggled to his feet after being dropped by his “friend”, the Heavyweight Champion Kurt Angle.</strong> </p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p>--------------------------------------------------------------------------</p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24967" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>Results:</strong><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> Dark Matches:</strong></p><p><strong> Simon Dean over Stevie Richards D+</strong></p><p><strong> Jillian Hall over Hamada D</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> Main Show:</strong></p><p><strong> Doug Basham over Tony Mamaluke C-</strong></p><p><strong> Super Crazy over Jamie Noble C+</strong></p><p><strong> Booker T over Matt Hardy C+</strong></p><p><strong> Chris Benoit over Finlay B</strong></p><p><strong> London & Kendrick over Daivari & Gregory Helms B-</strong></p><p><strong> The Undertaker over Orlando Jordan B-</strong></p><p><strong> MNM over Kurt Angle & Rey Mysterio B-</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> Show Rating: B-</strong></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong>Predictions:</strong></p><p> olympia - 5 out of 7 (Total= 8)</p><p> Jingo - 4 out of 7 (Total= 38)</p>

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/wrestlexpert.jpg</span></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> <span style="font-size:18px;"><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';"><strong>Smackdown Ratings, Heat on JBL, DSW News...</strong></span></span></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24967" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>-This week's Smackdown scored a 4.26 on The CW and a 0.06 on Sky Sports.</strong><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> - There is apparently some heat on John Bradshaw Layfield after his promo on Smackdown, in which he said he refused to be Undertaker's "Job Boy". This is the second time he has made reference to this in the past month. It is believed that JBL is unhappy at the way the programme with the Undertaker has been handled, believing it has been thrown together at the last minute. But some have stated that this feud had been in the works from the very beginning and that JBL is just trying to throw his weight around once again.</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> - Deep South Wrestling, one of WWE Delvelopmental territories, crowned a new heavyweight Champion as Jamal took the vacant title. Also, the odd pairing of Funaki and Harry Smith took the Tag Team Titles.</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="color:#0000FF;">---</span></strong></p><a href="http://images.paraorkut.com/img/funnypics/images/g/granny_owned-12246.jpg" rel="external nofollow"><strong><span style="color:#0000FF;">JBL GONE after Wrestlemania? Click Here for more</span></strong></a><strong><span style="color:#0000FF;">---</span></strong></div><p></p></div></blockquote>

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/wwe_raw2.jpg

Preview

We are just 6 days away from the biggest event of the year, Wrestlemania 22. And Boise, Idaho is sure to be rocking as Monday Night Raw rolls into town.General Manager Eric Bischoff has booked Triple H and John Cena in two separate "Pick Your Poison" Matches, in which each man will chose the other's opponent for the evening. Also scheduled for the evening will be Chavo Guerrero taking on "The Rated R Superstar" Edge, as well as Boise, Idaho's very own Torrie Wilson going head to head with the Number One Contender for the Womens Championship, Mickie James.

Also, Rob Van Dam will be in action, and both Mr. McMahon and Mick Foley will be present, as will "The Heartbreak Kid". With just six days remaining until "The Grandaddy of them all", everybody will be looking to make a big impact as they head to Chicago on April 2nd. With all this and more, you just cant afford to miss Monday Night Raw on USA.

Quick Picks:

Triple H vs. ???

Non-Title Match:

John Cena vs. ???

Chavo Guerrero vs. Edge

Matt Striker & Shelton Benjamin vs. Ric Flair & Shawn Michaels

Rob Van Dam vs. Tyson Tomko

Non-Title Match:

Eugene & Goldust vs. Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch

Mickie James vs. Torrie Wilson

Quick Picks:

Triple H vs. ???

Non-Title Match:

John Cena vs. ???

Chavo Guerrero vs. Edge

Non-Title Match:

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/wwe_raw2.jpg

Attendance: 8,395

Announce Team:

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/JimRoss.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/JerryLawler.jpg

Jim Ross & Jerry Lawler

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dark Matches:

• Rob Conway beat Scotty 2 Hotty

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_dgS4ChSiE&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_dgS4ChSiE&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Raw’s opening video plays before the usual pyrotechnics explode as Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler welcome the audience at home to another edition of Monday Night Raw.

Ross: We are just six days away from the biggest sporting event of the year, Wrestlemania 22. And we are live from Boise, Idaho. And what a night this is going to be, King.

Lawler: You’re telling me. A huge night tonight as we head to Chicago this Sunday. And tonight, Eric Bischoff has decided that both Triple H and John Cena will take part in “Pick Your Poison” Matches, meaning John Cena will be able to pick Triple H’s opponent, and “The Game” gets to choose the opponent for Cena.

Ross: Let’s not waste any more time, King. Let’s get straight to the action.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/RobVanDam.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/versus2.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/Tomko.jpg

The fans in Boise were absolutely electric, and the opening match between Van Dam and Tomko only added to the atmosphere as they put on a first rate match. Van Dam had a lot to prove going into the huge Money in the Bank Match and looked to make a statement going in. But the sheer power of Tomko soon slowed “Mr. Monday Night” down. Tomko’s impressive run as of late seemed to be set to continue. That is until he went to hit his devastating Big Boot. Van Dam ducked, causing Tomko to get his leg caught on the top rope. RVD hit a Spin Kick to send Tomko to the outside. As the official turned his attention to Tomko and began the ten count, out came one of RVD’s opponents for Wrestlemania, Carlito, who slid into the ring and nailed Van Dam with the Back Stabber before bailing to the outside. Tomko managed to make it back into the ring before the ten count and waited for RVD to get to his feet before delivering his brutal Big Boot finisher to secure the victory.

Winner: Tyson Tomko

Ross: Well, Tomko has sure impressed as of late, but he certainly had a helping hand in that one.

King: You’re right there, JR. But Carlito doesn’t seem to be finished. He’s climbing back into the ring.

Carlito did indeed head back into the ring. And in his hand was the shiny red apple that he never seems to be without. The Caribbean Superstar took a huge bite out of it before spitting it in the face of Rob Van Dam who was still semi-conscious on the mat. Carlito then left the ring to jeers from the fans in the Taco Bell Arena.

The cameras head into the office of General Manager Eric Bischoff, who is on his cell phone.

Bischoff: Look, just make sure you are ready. I may need you at any time. I’m giving you this chance. So don’t let me down. I’ll call you when I need you.

Bischoff hangs up his phone. But his face turns to a look of disgust as he hears a voice he would be glad never to hear again.

Eugene: HEY, UNCLE ERIC!

Bischoff: Jesus Christ...Hello Eugene. What can I do for you?

Eugene: Well, um, I was just thinking...

Bischoff: What have I told you about doing that.....sorry. Continue.

Eugene: Well, I haven’t had many matches lately. And I really miss going out in front of all my friends and wrestling. So I thought maybe you could put me in a match tonight.

Bischoff: Look, Eugene. I’ve got a busy night tonight. I got six days to prepare for Wrestlemania. I have a million and one other things to do. But I’ll tell you what, if you can find yourself a partner for tonight, I’ll give you a match against.....against Cade and Murdoch. How’s that?

Eugene: Really, Uncle Eric? Oh, thank you. And I know the perfect partner. Wait here.

Bischoff: Wait, Eugene...

Eugene ran out of the office as Bischoff waited. Eugene returned about 15 seconds later with his partner. Eric was far from impressed.

Bischoff: You’ve got to be kidding me. Goldust? This is your partner?

Eugene: Yeah. Isn’t it great?

Goldust then grabs Bischoff’s head before pulling him in and kissing him full on the lips. Eric was in absolute shock.

Goldust: Thank you, Mr. Bischoff. This night, I shall never forget. Let’s go, Irene.

Eugene: It’s Eugene.

Goldust: If I say it’s Irene, it’s Irene. Let’s roll.

The two men left Bischoff’s office, although he would never have noticed as he stood there in stunned silence.

A familiar “Woooooooooo” sounded over the speaker system, cueing the arrival of “The Nature Boy” Ric Flair. He was not his usual laid back self as he stomped to the ring and grabbed a mic from Lillian Garcia.

Flair: SHELTON? I have had a week to think about what you did to me last week. You want to get to Shawn Michaels through me? Too bad, Benjamin. Because you haven’t gotten under the skin of Shawn. You have gotten under the skin of ME! AND YOU PISSED OFF THE WRONG MAN. So get your ass out here so I can kick it around the state of Idaho as only “The Nature Boy” can. Bring it on. I’m waiting. Bring it on.

Flair was tearing his suit off as he screamed for Shelton, his face bright red with anger and hatred. Flair was literally down to just his underwear before Shelton’s music hit, causing the crowd to shower him with abuse. As he was about to storm towards the ring, Vince McMahon himself came out and held him back, obviously not wanting him to get into a brawl with Flair so close to Wrestlemania. The two stood on the stage watching as Flair was going nuts in the ring. Suddenly, seemingly from nowhere, Shelton was nailed with Sweet Chin Music from Shawn Michaels as the crowd were whipped into a frenzy for “The Heartbreak Kid”. Vince looked on with fear in his eyes as HBK gazed into his eyes. Vince waited for Shawn to strike. But it never came. Michaels simply gave Vince the middle finger before leaving. Vince was still in shock as he helped Shelton to his feet as Flair strutted his stuff in the centre of the ring to the delight of the fans in attendance.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/Eugene.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/Goldust.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/versus2.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/LanceCade.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/TrevorMurdoch.jpg

The brand new pairing of Eugene and Goldust was a little odd to say the least. But they did seem to work well together. However, Cade and Murdoch needed this victory six days before their title shot against Kane and The Big Show. And they were strictly business as they picked apart their opponents. They picked up the victory with little trouble when they nailed Goldust with the Sweet and Sour for the win.

Winners: Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch

Ross: A fairly routine victory for the Number One Contenders here tonight.

Lawler: Absolutely. They certainly achieved their goal of sending a message to the champions in that one.

No sooner had Lawler said that, the fires of hell rose from the stage as Kane emerged from the back, methodically making his way to the ring. Cade and Murdoch seemed a little worried, but decided that the two on one advantage was in their favour and begged for Kane to enter the ring. Kane simply laughed before the opening chords of The Big Shows music hit and the giant made his way to the ring. Cade and Murdoch’s bravery soon abandoned them when Kane and Show entered the ring, as the Number One Contenders ran from the ring and up the ramp as Kane smiled an evil, sadistic smile before setting off the flames from the ring posts as the crowd cheered on the World Tag Team Champions.

We are in the locker room, where Chavo is preparing for his match with Edge later on. As he laces his boots, in walks Matt Striker, who Chavo defeated two weeks ago to earn his spot in the Money in the Bank Match. Chavo stood up to face Striker.

Striker: So, you think you have it all worked out, don’t you? First you steal my spot in the Money in the Bank. Now you’re going up against the likes of Edge. You’re a top contender in this company. And why? Because you worked for it? Because you earned it? No, it’s because they all feel sorry for you. I’m not saying you haven’t had a tough time these past few months. But that doesn’t mean you should be handed everything you want on a god damn platter. I’ve busted my ass for the best part of a year. And what do I have to show for it? Nothing. I’m not even booked for the biggest show of the year. And yet you get the star treatment just because you’ve had it hard recently. You don’t deserve that spot at Wrestlemania. You STOLE it from me. And don’t think for one second I’m gonna forget about it.

Chavo: Hey, if you wanna throw down with me, let’s do it right here right now.

Striker and Chavo get nose to nose with each other. Just as it seems the two are going to come to blows, in walks Mr. McMahon.

McMahon: Good evening, Gentlemen. Listen, I need to talk to Matt for a second. Could you give us five minutes please, Chavo?

Chavo: Sure. I got a match anyway.

Chavo glares at Striker as he leaves the room, leaving Striker and McMahon alone.

Striker: How can I help, Sir?

McMahon: Listen, I’ll cut straight to it. I need you to team with Shelton Benjamin tonight to take on Shawn Michaels and Ric Flair. You’ve been saying you want an opportunity. This is it. Are you in?

Striker thinks about it before answering.

Striker: I’ll do it.

McMahon: Good man.

Striker: On one condition.

McMahon: And what’s that?

Striker: Whoever wins the Intercontinental Title at Wrestlemania, I get the first shot the next night on Raw.

McMahon was shocked but pleasantly surprised by Strikers guts to make demands of the Chairman. Vince shook Strikers hand, telling him that they had a deal before leaving the locker room as Matt Striker smiled to himself.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/ChavoGuerrero2.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/versus2.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/Edge.jpg

Chavo Guerrero vs. Edge

The best match of the night by far. These two had very good chemistry together and really seemed to bring the best out of each other. Edge seemed a little tense after the attack from Foley last week, and seemed to be constantly looking over his shoulder. But Chavo made the most of it, and proved that he was certainly a Main Event star in the making as he showed great determination as he wore Edge down. Edge was able to fight his way back into the match, and it seemed that he was going to end it with a Spear. But Chavo side stepped it, sending Edge into the ring post and rolling him up for a very near fall. Edge once again gained the upper hand though, and soon had Chavo reeling. But Edge was right to keep one eye open, as Mick Foley came down to ringside and began throwing chairs into the ring as Edge began to panic. As the official began throwing chairs out of the ring, Chavo decided now was as good a time as any to take a page out of his Uncle’s book. He threw a chair to Edge before falling to the mat in “Agony”. The official quickly grabbed the chair from him, distracting him long enough for Chavo to roll him up with the schoolboy (and a handful of tights) for the win.

Winner: Chavo Guerrero

Ross: Chavo gets the win over Edge here, and I think Eddie would have been proud of that one.

Lawler: I think your right there. But look at this.

No sooner had Chavo bolted from the ring, the fight was on between Foley and Edge, who brawled on the outside of the ring. Foley bounced Edge’s head off of every surface he could find from Announce tables to steel steps. Edge in turn returned the favour, beating Foley with anything he could find. Eventually, officials ran to the ring to split the two men up. It would take more than that however, as the two continued to beat the crap out of each other as we head to commercial.

Backstage, Shelton Benjamin is walking backstage when a familiar voice is heard.

???: How’s it going, champ?

Shelton turns around to see his former Tag Team partner Charlie Haas stood there. They stare at each other for what seemed an eternity before the two hugged.

Benjamin: How’s things, buddy? Good to see you back.

Haas: Thanks, man. Good to be back. So, you ready for Wrestlemania?

Benjamin: You know me man. I’m always ready. Michaels won’t know what’s hit him.

Haas: Listen, about that. Do you know what you’re doing? It’s just, teaming with Vince? Are you sure that’s smart?

Benjamin: I don’t understand.

Haas: Look, when me and you worked with Kurt Angle, he used us. He held us down. We broke away from him and we made it on our own. We proved we didn’t need him. We could do it without him. And you know you’re good enough to beat Shawn without Vince. Just think about what you’re doing.

Benjamin simply smiled before getting in Charlie’s face.

Benjamin: Hey, when’s the last time you held a singles title? Never. When’s the last time you got a chance to face Shawn Michaels at Wrestlemania? Never. So to be honest Charlie, I don’t think you’re in any position to be telling me what to do. You just got your job back. One word to Vince, and I can have it taken away. So watch your mouth next time you talk to me.

With that, Shelton walked away from his one time friend, leaving Haas shaking his head with disappointment.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/MickieJames2.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/versus2.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/TorriieWilson2.jpg

Torrie got a very warm reception from her hometown crowd. But the electricity of the crowd soon turned to stunned silence as Mickie James tore Wilson apart, beating her viciously into the mat. Mickie ended the match quickly with the Mickie-DT, mercifully ending the match.

Winner: Mickie James

King: My god, JR. I knew Mickie was a little nuts, but this is shocking.

Ross: All because of what Trish did to her. And now what is she doing.

Mickie continued beating on Torrie, smashing her head into the mat. But the crowd soon came alive as Trish Stratus ran towards the ring and pulled Mickie off of Wilson. As Trish shouted at her Wrestlemania opponent, she was struck with a Chick Kick by Mickie. James then turned her attention to Trish, driving her fists into the head of the Women’s Champion. Mickie was relentless in her attack as she screamed at Trish that “I THOUGHT YOU LOVED ME”. She continued to scream the same words over and over as she rocked back and forth, cradling the head of her fallen idol. After about a minute, her face simply became emotionless as she left the ring, leaving Trish and Torrie laying motionless in the ring.

Jonathan Coachman is stood backstage on interview duty.

Coachman: At this time I would like to welcome “The Game” Triple H. And tonight, you must feel a little nervous as you head into your Pick Your Poison match in which John Cena will choose your opponent.

Triple H: Nervous? I must be nervous? Jesus Christ, Coach. What kind of question is that? How the hell do you still have a job here? You must be banging the boss’s daughter or something. I’m not nervous. I’m as focused as I’ve ever been. Because in six days, I become Heavyweight Champion for the ELEVENTH time. I take back what is rightfully mine. And I take out that poser John Cena in the process. I mean, how did somebody like Cena become so beloved by the fans? Oh wait that’s right, he’s not. Even those morons in the audience are coming to the realisation that you are below me. And at Wrestlemania, I prove my point. But I have to concentrate on tonight. I have no idea what I’m walking into tonight. I have no idea who my opponent will be. And I don’t really care. I’m prepared. I’m focused. And I’m ready for anything you have to throw at me Cena. John, enjoy the next six days with that belt. Because on April 2nd in Chicago, it will be mine. I guarantee it.

“My Time is now” hits and out comes the WWE Champion John Cena as he prepares to do battle against his mystery opponent. The crowd seem very mixed tonight, but this doesn’t seem to phase the champ as he steps into the ring.

King: Who’s his opponent going to be, JR.

Ross: Looks like we’re about to find out...

Non-Title Match:

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/ChrisMasters2.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/versus2.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/JohnCena.jpg

Chris Masters vs. John Cena

The Game decided to put his trust in “The Masterpiece” Chris Masters to get the win against Cena. And his choice seemed an inspired one, as Masters seemed to dominate the first half of the match, taking the fight to the WWE Champion. He attempted to lock in the Masterlock on a number of occasions, but Cena was able to evade it. Cena managed to compose himself and fought back, finally nailing the F-U. But Cena decided to send a clear message, and locked the STFU on Masters. The Masterpiece held on as long as he could, but it was simply too much and he had no other choice but to tap out to the “Doctor of Thuganomics”.

Winner: John Cena

Ross: Cena certainly had his work cut out for him tonight, but he manages to pick up the win against Masters.

King: And he won by submission, JR: That had to be a stern warning to “The Game”.

The cameras cut to a shot of Shawn Michaels and Ric Flair heading through the corridors of the Taco Bell Arena.

Ross: And there you see The Heartbreak Kid and The Nature Boy making their way to the ring. There match against Striker and Benjamin is next.

King: This should be good, JR.

A video is played in the arena as well as to the millions watching at home...

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="

http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/idol.flv">

King: You looking forward to the debut of “The Idol”, JR?

Ross: Well, I’m certainly intrigued to see what this man has to offer. And we won’t have to wait long, because we have been informed that Aaron Stevens will debut next week on Raw.

King: Wow. I can’t wait.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/MattStriker2.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/SheltonBenjamin3.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/versus2.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/RicFlair.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/ShawnMichaels2.jpg

Benjamin decided from the very start that he would try to steer clear of Shawn Michaels in this one, tagging in to his partner whenever HBK was the legal man. Michaels and Striker seemed to wrestle the majority of the match, and Striker gave a very respectable performance against Michaels. Shelton would only get in the ring with Flair, but that may not have been the wisest move, as Flair was still enraged with Shelton after last week, and ripped Shelton’s chest apart with huge chops. Eventually, HBKL got the tag in and immediately took down the Intercontinental Champion. Shelton made the decision that enough was enough and quickly made the tag to Striker before diving out of the ring and heading up the ramp. The second Striker stepped through the ropes, he was struck by Sweet Chin Music. HBK decided to let Flair do the honours, tagging him in and allowing him to lock in the Figure Four to pick up the submission win.

Winners: Ric Flair & Shawn Michaels

Ross: What a victory for Michaels and Flair there, and Shelton sure as hell didn’t want any part of HBK.

Lawler: Well, he won’t have much choice come April 2nd.

Michaels remained in the ring, staring up at the ramp where Shelton was stood, holding his title high above his head as we go to commercial

It was now time for Triple H to find out who his mystery opponent would be in his Pick Your Poison Match. “The Game” waited in the ring impatiently for his opponent. But he may have wished he had never come out.

King: Who’s it going to be? The suspense is killing me.

Ross: It’s....Good lord...

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/BigShow2.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/versus2.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/TripleH2.jpg

The Big Show vs. Triple H

Triple H was a little shocked at Cena’s choice to face him, but to his credit he never backed down. The two managed to put on a fantastic match which was a shock to some. The crowd really seemed to get into this match. Big Show’s size alone meant that he dominated a majority of the bout. But Triple H used a few tricks he had learned from “The Dirtiest Player in the Game”, hitting a low blow out of view of the official and sending the big man to his knees. Triple H worked on the tree trunk legs of the Big Show, making sure he couldn’t mount a comeback. Hunter attempted to lock in a Figure Four of all things, but Show managed to power out of it. As he rose to his feet he managed to get his hand around the throat of The Game and drill him with the Show Stopper. He made the cover and VERY nearly got the win, but Triple H was too close to the ropes. But things were about to get interesting as Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch made their way to the ring. The two of them jumped on the apron looking to distract Show. But he simply swatted the two men away. But that proved to be enough, as he turned into a low blow followed by the Pedigree. Triple H picks up the victory.

Winner: Triple H

The Game groggily got to his feet, as did The Big Show. Shows attention turned to Cade and Murdoch, and he chased them all the way to the back. That’s when “My Time is Now” hit, and WWE Champion John Cena stomped to the ring to the delight (or disgust) of the fans. Cena stepped into the ring and immediately got nose to nose with Triple H. The crowd were electric, with dual chants of “Cena” and “Triple H” echoing through the arena. Cena held his belt high in the air, but Hunter never took his eyes of the champ. That’s when Triple H struck, landing the first blow. The fight was on, and the two men laid waste to each other as the fans were going insane. Cena managed to get the upper hand and lifted The Game onto his shoulders for the F-U. But he never saw the arrival of Tyson Tomko, who landed the Big Boot on Cena once again, saving Triple H from being left on the mat. Hunter lifted Cena up and drove him down with the Pedigree, causing a large section of the crowd to jump out of their seats in delight. Tomko picked up the WWE Championship and handed it to The Game. The show ended with Triple H holding the title high above his head as Cena lay prone on the floor.

Ross: Is that the image that we will see in six days at Wrestlemania? We will find out, April 2nd. Good night ladies and gentlemen. Oh, what a night.

Results:

Dark Matches:

Rob Conway over Scotty 2 Hotty C-

Main Show:

Tyson Tomko over Rob Van Dam B

Cade & Murdoch over Eugene & Goldust C+

Chavo Guerrero over Edge B+

Mickie James over Torrie Wilson D+

John Cena over Chris Masters B-

Ric Flair & Shawn Michaels over Matt Striker & Shelton Benjamin B

Triple H over Big Show B+

Show Rating: B

Predictions:

Jingo - 5 out of 7 (Total= 43)

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/wrestlexpert.jpg

RAW Rating drops, Update on Batista, ROH Better Than Our Best 2006, New Champion in NWE...

- Last nights episode of Raw pulled in a 3.47 on the USA network, a significant drop from last weeks 4.0. It also garnered a 0.05 in the UK on Sky Sports.

- The news going around is that Batista is recovering very well from his injury, in which he tore his rotator cuff in the Triple Threat Match with Angle and Mysterio at New Years Revolution. Although he won't be able to compete for at least another 2 months, he has apparently begun some light training in order to get back into shape. There are also rumours that he MAY make an appearence this Sunday at Wrestlemania, although how true this statement is remains to be confirmed.

-ROH held their annual "Better Than Our Best" show. Reports coming back from the show are extremely positive, with many believing that it's only a matter of time before ROH really breaks out as a serious contender. Homicide was said to have put in the performance of the night, as he and Ricky Reyes defeated the team of Matt Sydal and AJ Styles in the Main Event.

- Former WWE Superstar Christian (now known as Christian Cage) became the new NWE Heavyweight Champion on the European Tour as he defeated Black Pearl.

Another great show. I like that Chavo is getting a push as well as Rey after what happened with Eddie, although I do hope to see Edge get a significant push in the future.

However, the highlight for me was the whole Mickie and Trish thing. It was a great storyline in real life and you really captured the essence of it brilliantly. It was very realistic but very well written, you've got me really interested in the match for sure.

Another great show. I like that Chavo is getting a push as well as Rey after what happened with Eddie, although I do hope to see Edge get a significant push in the future.

However, the highlight for me was the whole Mickie and Trish thing. It was a great storyline in real life and you really captured the essence of it brilliantly. It was very realistic but very well written, you've got me really interested in the match for sure.

Thanks once again keef. I've always been a Chavo fan and, as bad as it may sound, the death of Eddie would have been the perfect opportunity for WWE to push him. He is growing in popularity quite rapidly in-game, so it's only a matter of time before he is featured in the main event. And dont worry, Edge will certainly be getting a significant push. The Mickie/Trish segment was kind of a last minute deal, as I was going to go a completely different way with the feud and have them go into 'Mania as friends before Mickie made the turn. But I liked this idea better. Only problem is there isn't much of a womens division at the moment, so I'm not sure what to do once this feud ends. But I'm hoping to build on it soon.

Smackdown preview will be up tomorrow, and then, finally, I can get to writing up Wrestlemania. I'm looking forward to it myself. Just hope I can do it justice.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/wwe_smackdown.jpg

Preview

The final stop on the Road to Wrestlemania will be held in the Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio. And has Teddy Long pulled out all the stops or what? As a treat for all the Smackdown fans, this Fridays Main Event will see World Heavyweight Champion Kurt Angle take on the United States Champion Chris Benoit. And if their previous two encounters this year at the Royal Rumble and No Way Out are anything to go by, this one should be awesome. Also on the card, two Money in the Bank participants will compete in Singles action as Matt Hardy and Paul Burchill square off. And in a bid to try to strengthen the Women's Division on Smackdown, Teddy Long has bought in 25 Year Old Japanese sensation Hamada, who will face off with MNM's Melina. Will she put on a good enough performance to secure a job in WWE? We will find out this Friday.

Also, Johnny Nitro will be in action as will Bobby Lashley. And with JBL, Randy Orton and Rey Mysterio ALL scheduled to make an appearance, it's gonna be one you won't want to miss. Who will walk into Wrestlemania with the edge over their respective opponents? Find out on Friday Night Smackdown on The CW.

Quick Picks:

Non-Title Match:

Chris Benoit vs. Kurt Angle

Matt Hardy vs. Paul Burchill

Bobby Lashley vs. Mark Henry

Mexicools vs. The Pitbulls

Johnny Nitro vs. Stevie Richards

Hamada vs. Melina

The show will be a bit later than normal. Real life has called. Show will be posted Monday (Tuesday at the latest) so get predictions in if you want to. And yes, this was a shameless bump. I apologize :o.

No Worries Dude, We can wait, especially when WrestleMania is just around the Corner :D

Wait.

Scratch That, I can't wait ! :p

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/wwe_smackdown.jpg

Attendance: 8,910

Announce Team:

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/MichaelCole.jpg & http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/Tazz3.jpg

Michael Cole & Tazz

Dark Matches:

• Finlay Beats Tatanka

With just three days to go before Wrestlemania, the crowd are white hot in the Nationwide Arena as the opening video plays and the pyrotechnics explode.

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="

http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/sdvid.flv">

Cole: We are three days away from the biggest Pay Per View of the year. Ladies and gentlemen, the road is almost at an end. I’m Michael Cole and alongside...

Tazz: Shut up, Cole. They know who I am. Let’s get this show started already.

Cole: You ok there, Tazz?

Tazz: I’m excited, that’s all. Let’s get this thing rolling.

The two then hype the Main Event of the evening between World Heavyweight Champion Kurt Angle and United States Champion Chris Benoit.

The show sure was about to open with a bang, as Rey Mysterio’s music hit, causing the crowd to rise to their feet. Although Rey was behind the mask, his body language proved that he was on the warpath as he stomped to the ring. Rey was in no mood to waste any time as he grabbed a mic from ringside.

Mysterio: Kurt, I know you can hear me back there. And I know you’re listening. But what I don’t know is why you attacked me last week. I thought we had made a new start. I thought we had cleared the air. But you decided to take your frustrations out on me. And to be honest, it’s happened once too often, Kurt. I think you owe me an explanation. And I’m not leaving until you come out here and give me it. We settle this right now. Get out here. Be a man.

Mysterio didn’t have to wait long, as the World Heavyweight Champion Kurt Angle’s music hit. Angle strolled to the ring as the majority of fans gave him a very negative reception. Angles face was emotionless as he stepped through the ropes to confront his Wrestlemania opponent. Rey got nose to nose (or perhaps nose to chest) with Angle before speaking.

Mysterio: Kurt, I don’t want to hear anything from you except the truth. I want to know why the hell you attacked me last week. I’m sick of excuses. I’m sick of apologies. All I want is the truth.

Angle’s voice was very low. His face was still devoid of emotion as he addressed Mysterio.

Angle: You won’t get an apology from me Rey. Because quite frankly, I’m not sorry. I’m not sorry for what I did to you. You think I care about how you feel? For months you have done nothing but cost me matches and get in my way. I’m the World Heavyweight Champion and yet you did everything you could to make me into a laughing stock. I respected you at one point Rey. But right now, you are nobody. You are a constant pain in my ass. I don’t give a damn what you think of me, Rey. And I’m sick of pandering to these fans’ every whim, so I don’t give a damn about what they think of me. All I care about is the gold that sits on my shoulder. All I care about is keeping it on MY shoulder. And I don’t care what I have to do to keep it. I didn’t get as far as I have because of you or these morons in the crowd. They don’t control me. You don’t control me. And at Wrestlemania, you can bet your ass I’m gonna do whatever I have to do to keep my belt. And if that means crippling you and ending your career, then trust me Rey, I’ll do it. Oh it’s true. It’s DAMN true.

Mysterio: You know what, Kurt? I guess that’s where you and I are similar. Because nobody controls ME.

At that moment, Mysterio struck, taking Angle down with a double Leg Takedown. Rey began laying into the champ with rights and lefts as the fans went wild. Kurt began to fight back, with the two exchanging blows. Eventually the two are split by officials who flood the ring to keep the two apart. But the two would not relent, and began trading punches once again. We head to commercial as the two men are fighting their way up the entrance way.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/Psicosis.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/SuperCrazy.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/versus2.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/JamesGibson.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/KidKash.jpg

The Mexicools vs. The Pitbulls

This match could have gone either way on a number of occasions. Not because of what was happening in the ring. But because it was being watched by the Cruiserweight Champion Gregory Helms who watched from the top of the stage, which caused quite a distraction for all four men especially Super Crazy and Jamie Noble. But after a very heated first half to the match, Noble and Kash managed to take control. Noble ended the match when he locked Psicosis in the Trailer Hitch. Kash made sure Crazy would be unable to make the save, and it was only a matter of time before Psicosis tapped out.

Winners: The Pitbulls

Cole: Could that be a sign of things to come at Wrestlemania? We may be looking at our next Cruiserweight Champion.

Tazz: No Doubt. But it looks like Helms has something he wants to get off his chest.

Helms did indeed get on the mic, much to the delight of the one fan in the audience with the “God’s Gift to Wrestling” sign.

Helms: Congratulations, Jamie. Real impressive stuff there. But guess what, Hillbilly? I’m not some border jumper like Psicosis. And I’m not gonna be such a pushover. Noble? Super Crazy? At Wrestlemania, you will get a good look at what a real professional wrestler looks like. This title around my waist will REMAIN around my waist this Sunday Night. Class is in session. And you WILL learn a lesson, Courtesy of God’s Gift to Wrestling.

Helms held his belt high above his head as the crowd’s jeers flooded the arena. Noble simply shouted abuse at Helms as Super Crazy attended to his fallen tag team partner.

The cameras have gone backstage, where we see that both Rey Mysterio and Kurt Angle are STILL going at it. Officials are desperately trying to drag the two away from each other, but they will not relent.

Tazz: Oh, man. Talk about getting personal. These two are gonna tear each other apart, man.

Cole: Well, I hope not. I wanna see these two go at it at Wrestlemania.

Tazz: I don’t think anything will stop these two from turning up in Chicago on Sunday, Cole.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/JohnMorrison2.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/versus2.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/StevieRichards.jpg

Johnny Nitro vs. Stevie Richards

Richards put on a very respectable display in this bout, despite the fact that he had to contend with not only Nitro, but his cronies on the outside, Mercury and Melina. In fact, Stevie should have had the match won after nailing Nitro with the Stevie Kick. As he made the cover, Melina placed Nitro’s foot on the bottom rope, causing the official to break the count. After that, Nitro managed to get himself back into the match. Johnny Nitro ended the match when he hit the Standing Star Press on the fallen Richards.

Winner: Johnny Nitro

Tazz: Major props go to Stevie Richards there. He put up a hell of a fight, but Nitro gets the win in this one.

Cole: And you have to believe that this win will give Nitro and company some confidence as they head into their match this Sunday against London and Kendrick.

Tazz: Man, I’m so excited to see that one. Should be off the chain, Cole.

We are backstage once again, where Paul Burchill seems to be quite agitated about something. Regal is trying his best to calm the situation down.

Burchill: I had the little git last week. Lashley was lucky. He hit a lucky shot. If it wasn’t for that, I would have butchered him.

Regal: I know, Paul. But for god sake will you concentrate. Lashley will get what’s coming to him, mark my words. But tonight you have to deal with Matt Hardy. We only have 3 days until the Money in the Bank match. We need to focus.

Burchill: I’m focused, Billy. Hardy won’t know what’s hit him.

Regal: You better be focused. We can’t take any chances. We can’t have any distractions. If we want to get that briefcase, we have to have our priorities right. At the moment, Lashley is not a priority. Our priority is Hardy and those three mugs over on Raw. So, are you focused?

Burchill: Yes.

Regal: Good. Now get out there rip him apart. For Britain.

Burchill: For Britain.

The two exit the locker room together, with Regal smiling at his work.

Tazz: Man, Regal is one hell of a motivational speaker. I could have used someone like him at my High School. Maybe I would have turned out a little differently.

Cole: I doubt that, Tazz.

Tazz: What’s that supposed to mean? Just shut up and call the action.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/BobbyLashley3.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/versus2.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/MarkHenry2.jpg

Bobby Lashley vs. Mark Henry

Talk about “When Worlds Collide”! These two monsters went full throttle as they attempted to get the win. Henry was surprisingly dominant in the early going. But Lashley had the speed advantage over his opponent and managed to evade him. Lashley was completely focused and, sending a message to his Wrestlemania opponent, hit “The World’s Strongest Man” with the Book End. He followed that up by showing amazing strength, lifting Henry onto his shoulder and delivering an earth shattering Dominator to gain the victory.

Winner: Bobby Lashley

Cole: What a win for Bobby Lashley. And what a message to Booker T.

Tazz: Man, I can’t wait for Wrestlemania when those to cats get it on.

Cole: What a Slobber Knocker that one will be.

Tazz: Hey, isn’t that copyright infringement? Oh, who cares? I can’t wait.

Speaking of Booker T, the cameras are backstage where Booker has just arrived. Once again, he is on his own. He looks dejected as he makes his way into the arena.

Tazz: How can you not feel for him, Cole?

Cole: Come on, Tazz. I told you last week he bought this on himself.

Tazz: You did? I tend not to listen when you open your mouth. But still, his marriage is falling apart. It’s a damn shame.

The crowd soon began their usual jeers as JBL’s Limo pulled into the Nationwide Arena. He stepped out of the vehicle alone. He looked a lot more confident than in previous weeks, obviously feeling safe after the restraining order on The Undertaker was put in place by Teddy Long. JBL stood in the centre of the ring as most of the lights in the arena dimmed, and a single spotlight shone on Bradshaw as he addressed the fans in attendance.

JBL: This Sunday will mark a very special occasion for the world of Sports Entertainment. It will mark a special occasion in the history of Wrestlemania. And it will mark the highlight of my career. Because this Sunday, in Chicago at Wrestlemania 22, I will end the Legend of The Undertaker. I will end his career, his winning streak, his very existence. Undertaker, these past few months you have tried every trick in the book to try to put the fear of god in me. And every single time you have failed to do it. You see, I’m not Jimmy Snuka. I’m not Big Daddy Cool. I’m unlike any Wrestlemania opponent you have ever faced. Because I’m smart. And I’m not easily intimidated. You don’t scare me, Dead Man. And at Wrestlemania, your “Creatures of the Night” won’t be able to do a damn thing when I annihilate you. You have three days left, so make the most of them. This Sunday marks the end of your career. And when I’m finished with you, I can continue my quest to become the greatest World Heavyweight Champion in the history of this great sport. So I don’t care if it’s Angle or Mysterio who walks away with the gold this Sunday. Because you are looking at the next true World Heavyweight Champion. A pure champion. A noble champion. A man who can stand up in front of the world and claim to be what he always said he was. A WRESTLING.....GOD.

The boos directed at JBL were deafening as he stared out into the crowd, a sick smile spread across his face as we head to commercial.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/MattHardy2.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/versus2.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/PaulBurchill.jpg

Matt Hardy vs. Paul Burchill

Hardy seemed extremely fired up after last week’s attack by both Burchill and Regal, and was explosive in his offence. Regal attempted to get involved at one point, but was quickly knocked off the apron by Hardy. It was enough of a distraction to allow Burchill to get the upper hand however, and Burchill hit a sick Shoulder Breaker which almost ended the match. Hardy was able to muster enough energy to mount a comeback. But nobody expected the arrival of Monday Night RAW’s Carlito, who ran in from the crowd and hit Hardy with the Back Stabber, causing the official to call for the bell. Carlito then began putting the boots to Burchill as Regal climbed into the ring.

Result: No Contest

Regal began trading blows with Carlito as Burchill slowly got to his feet to help his Mentor. Hardy soon joined the brawl and the four men went at it. The crowd rose to their feet however when Chavo Guerrero came in through the crowd. He climbed the top rope and nailed a Cross Body on all four men, knocking them to the floor. As the chaotic scenes continued, the crowd in the Nationwide Arena lit up again as RVD made his way into the building, jumping the Security Barrier and grabbing a steel chair. He got into the ring and threw the chair at Regal, who caught the weapon. Big mistake on Regal’s part, as RVD hit a Van Daminator, causing Regal’s skull to crash into metal as the crowd roared their approval. After several minutes, security and officials finally made an attempt to split the six men up.

Tazz: Come on, let them fight. This is awesome.

Cole: If this is what they are willing to do tonight, imagine the scenes we’re going to see this Sunday.

Tazz: They all want that briefcase bad. I got Goosebumps just thinking about it.

Teddy Long is sat in his office looking busy. As looks up from his paper work to see Doug and Danny Basham in his office once again. And much like last time, they both stand either side of him in an attempt to intimidate the General Manager.

Long: How can I help you boys?

Danny: Teddy, have you been watching the show these past few weeks?

Long: I run the show. Of Corse I’ve been watching.

Doug: Well you should know that me and Danny have been victorious week after week. You should know that we have been the most dominant tag team on Smackdown. And yet we still haven’t had a title shot.

Long: To be honest boys, I haven’t been all that impressed. Beating people down after matches? Cheating your way to victory? That doesn’t really prove much to me. But I’ll make you a deal. If you can cleanly defeat the F.B.I next week on Smackdown, I’ll give you a shot at the Tag Team Champions. How does that sound?

The two brothers stare at each other for a moment before turning back to Teddy Long.

Danny: I don’t see why we should have to beat those Meatball eating midgets again. But if that’s what we have to do, we will do it.

Doug: And just so you know, once those belts are around our waists, they won’t be coming off. You won’t be able to hold us down anymore, Teddy.

With that, the two exit Longs office.

Tazz: It’s official. If the Bashams win Next Week, they get a shot at the belts.

Cole: But let’s not count the F.B.I out. I’m sure they won’t be a push over after everything that’s been done to them over the past couple of weeks.

A video is played in the arena, as well as to the millions at home...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Tazz: I’m seriously pumped about the return of Mr. Kennedy

Cole: I guess.

Tazz: What’s your problem with Kennedy, man?

Cole: He’s got a big mouth.

Tazz: So what? I got a big mouth and you’ve been sat next to me for years.

Cole: Not by choice.

Tazz: What was that?

Cole: Nothing. Let’s just call the action.

The cameras are outside the dressing room of the Tag Team Champions MNM as all three members exit the room.

Melina: Nice work tonight Johnny. Now, I got a match against some new chick who wants to make a name for herself through me. What a joke. Now, while I’m taking care of business, could you two boys go and get my make-up bag from the car?

Mercury: Why would it take two people to get a make-up bag?

Melina: Trust me; it will take the two of you to carry it. Meet me back here after the match.

The three of them set off in different directions. Not too long after that, the crowd rise to their feet as Paul London and Brian Kendrick appear outside MNM’s locker room.

London: What if we get caught?

Kendrick: Look, just keep an eye out. I’m going in.

With that, Brian Kendrick entered the locker room. Paul London was left to keep guard. After about 30 seconds of Paul London whistling to himself, Brian Kendrick emerged from the room with MNM’s Tag Team Titles. He handed one of them to London, who laughed like a pre pubescent child before the two scurried away into the night.

Tazz: They can’t do that!

Cole: They just did, Tazz.

Tazz: “They just did, Tazz”. I know they did. But surely that can’t be allowed.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/AyakoHamada2.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/versus2.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/Melina3.jpg

Hamada vs. Melina

The fans weren’t sure how to react towards the newcomer Hamada on her debut. But the crowd soon got behind the Japanese sensation as she put on a display that had quite frankly never been seen in the Women’s Division. Melina was unsure of how to react to the offense of Hamada, and soon had to resort to her usual underhanded tricks to gain the upper hand. Melina finally put Hamada away after getting her feet on the ropes and grabbing a handful of tights.

Winner: Melina

Cole: Melina once again having to resort to cheating to get the win, but you have to respect the efforts of the newcomer here tonight.

Tazz: I gotta agree with you, Cole. That was a hell of a display by Hamada. And I think we’re going to be seeing a lot more of “The Japanese Sensation” here on Smackdown.

We return from commercial as Booker T heads down to ringside. His head is hung low and his shoulders are slumped as he slowly makes his way into the ring. Despite his broken demeanour, the crowd still engage in a chant of “You Suck”.

Booker T: Sharmell. It’s been over three weeks now. You won’t answer me calls. You won’t answer my e-mails. I just want you home. Please, I know you’re here. Just please come down here so we can sort this thing out.

Booker waited for Sharmell to make her way to the ring. But it never happened. Booker decided to try again.

Booker T: Sharmell, PLEASE. I’m begging you to come out here. I’m sorry for what I’ve done. But I only did it because I love you baby. Just please, talk to me.

Booker waited again for Sharmell. And again Sharmell didn’t show. As Booker T rose his head, his face was etched with rage and anger as his voice boomed down the mic.

Booker T: BITCH, I’M NOT ASKING YOU. I’M TELLING YOU TO GET YOUR ASS OUT HERE NOW.

The crowd quickly turned against Booker T, but still Sharmell would not come out. Booker finally lost it.

Booker T: You know something; this is all your fault, Lashley. This is YOUR fault. And at Wrestlemania, I’m gonna paint Chicago with your blood. You’ve destroyed my marriage. And this Sunday, I destroy you. Dig THAT!

Booker threw the mic to the floor and stormed out of the arena, as the crowd gave him a piece of their mind.

Tazz: The guys having a god damn breakdown here, Cole. How can you not feel for the man?

Cole: Well all I know is Lashley better be prepared for Wrestlemania as he squares off with a very unstable Booker T.

Non-Title Match:

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/ChrisBenoitCW6.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/versus2.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/KurtAngle.jpg

Chris Benoit vs. Kurt Angle

This match was a fantastic way to end the Road to Wrestlemania 22. Both men had a point to prove to their respective opponents at Wrestlemania, and they went all out to do so. Much like their previous matches throughout the year, they both tried to out-wrestle the other, with neither man fully gaining the upper hand. The match soon escalated into a brawl, with Angle instigating it after hitting a low blow on Benoit. The crowd were fully behind “The Rabid Wolverine”, and Benoit almost got the victory when he locked Angle in his own Ankle Lock. But he was too close to the ropes to cause any real damage, and Angle was able to grab the ropes to break the hold. The match seemed to be in favour of Benoit. That is until Randy Orton slowly made his way to ringside. Benoit hit three German Suplex’s on Angle. He then made the cut throat gesture and headed for the top to hit his Diving Headbutt. As Benoit got on the apron, Orton struck Benoit’s knee with a lead pipe when the official had his back turned. Benoit fell to the outside, clutching his knee in agony. The official finally noticed Benoit on the outside. After a ten count, Angle was declared the winner by count out.

Winner: Kurt Angle (via count out)

With the match over, Orton decided to take advantage on the outside, stomping on the injured knee or the U.S Champion. The crowd were not at all pleased by Orton’s ruthless assault. Benoit would soon be saved from a more severe beating when Rey Mysterio ran to the ring, causing Randy Orton to bail through the crowd. But Mysterio wasn’t interested in Orton, as he headed straight for Angle, taking him down and continuing the brawl from earlier in the night as the crowd was rocking. The show ended with the image of security once again trying to get these two men apart.

Tazz: This is the kind of excitement you’ll only see on Smackdown.

Cole: One of these men will leave Wrestlemania with the World Heavyweight Title. Who will it be? We’ll find out this Sunday Night at Wrestlemania 22. Good night ladies and gentlemen.

Results:

Dark Matches:

Finlay over Tatanka C+

Main Show:

The Pitbulls over The Mexicools C-

Johnny Nitro over Stevie Richards C+

Bobby Lashley over Mark Henry

No Contest between Matt Hardy and Paul Burchill

Melina over Hamada D-

Kurt Angle over Chris Benoit via Count Out B

Show Rating: B-

Predictions:

Jingo - 4 out of 6 (Total=47)

Tweek It - 4 out of 6 (Total=9)

jindr3k - 3 out of 6 (Total=3)

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/wwewebsite.jpg

THE WAIT IS ALMOST OVER...

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/wrestlexpert.jpg

Smackdown Ratings, Carlito in Hot Water, Hamada Update...

- This weeks Smackdown drew a 3.84 on The CW, as well as a 0.06 on Sky Sports.

- It appears that management were not happy with Carlito this week, as he arrived late to the Nationwide Arena for the Smackdown tapings. Carlito was a major part of the show as he was there to hype the Money in the Bank match this Sunday. Many believe that some of the higher-ups in the company were ready to suspend him for his late arrival during such an important time for them. However, as he was a big part of Wrestlemania, they decided that a fine would be sufficient punishment.

- WWE officials were very impressed by the efforts of newcomer Hamada this week. While they still believe that she is still a little rough around the edges, it is thought that they would like to make her an integral part of the women's division in the near future. There are also rumblings in the backstage area that Hamada may not be the last new female to join the roster, as the WWE are planning to focus more attention on the division.

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/wwewebsite.jpg</span><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="font-size:24px;"><span style="font-family:Impact;">WORLD WRESTLING ENTERTAINMENT PROUDLY PRESENTS. . .</span></span></strong></p><p> </p><p> <span>http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/WWE_Wrestlemania_22_poster-1.jpg</span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24967" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-size:14px;"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';">PREVIEW</span></span></strong></span></p></div><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">WWE World Heavyweight Championship Match:</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;"> </span></strong><span>http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/angle-reywm22.jpg</span></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;"> </span></strong><strong><strong><span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';">Kurt Angle © vs. Rey Mysterio</span></span></span></strong></strong></p><p> </p><p> <em>The landscape of the Wrestlemania Main Event has changed dramatically over the past month. Many believed that Kurt Angle and Rey Mysterio's friendly rivalry was just that. But this feud has gotten alot more personal than anyone could have expected. Friendship, loyalty and respect will be thrown out the window as these two former allies collide. But who will walk out with the gold around his waist?</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="font-size:14px;">WWE Championship Match:</span></strong></p><p> <span>http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/cena-hhhwm22.jpg</span></p><p> <span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';"><strong>John Cena © vs. Triple H</strong></span></span></p><p> </p><p> <em>"The Game" is obsessed with becoming WWE Champion once again. And it seems he will go to any lengths to reach his goal, including hiring his very own "Problem Solver" in Tyson Tomko. But, love him or hate him, John Cena has overcome the obstacles at every turn. Can Cena pull off the victory against one of the best in the business? Or will "The Cerebral Assassin" claim his ELEVENTH title on the grandest stage of all?</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="font-size:14px;">Money in the Bank Ladder Match:</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;"> </span></strong><span>http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/moneyinthebankwm22.jpg</span></p><p> <span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';"><strong>Chavo Guerrero vs. Carlito vs. Rob Van Dam vs. Matt Hardy vs. Paul Burchill vs. William Regal</strong></span></span></p><p> </p><p> <em>If last week's Smackdown was any indication of what we will see in the Money in the Bank Match, we should be in for a hell of a contest. Three men from Raw. Three men from Smackdown. And six men all hungry to get a shot at the gold. But only one man can guarantee that shot. Who will make the most of their opportunity and grab the briefcase? We will find out this Sunday.</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="font-size:14px;">WWE United States Championship:</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;"> </span></strong><span>http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/benoit-ortonwm22.jpg</span></p><p> <span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';"><strong>Chris Benoit © vs. Randy Orton</strong></span></span></p><p> </p><p> <em>Randy Orton was convinced that his victory over Rey Mysterio at No Way Out had earned him a place in the Main Event at Wrestlemania 22. But the tables were turned on him when it was revealed that his opponent would in fact be the United States Champion Chris Benoit. These two have been trying to one-up each other for the past month. And after Orton's vicious attack on "The Rabid Wolverine" on Smackdown, it seems that Orton has the advantage. But will Benoit show the fighting spirit that has made him such a great United States Champion? Or will "The Legend Killer" capitalize on Benoit's injury and walk out of Chicago as the new United States Champion</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="font-size:14px;">WWE Intercontinental Championship:</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;"> </span></strong><span>http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/shelton-hbkwm22.jpg</span></p><p> <span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';"><strong>Shelton Benjamin © vs. Shawn Michaels</strong></span></span></p><p> </p><p> <em>The rivalry between Mr McMahon and Shawn Michaels has seen the owner turn to Intercontinental Champion Shelton Benjamin for help. Benjamin and McMahon seem obsessed with ridding the WWE of "The Heartbreak Kid". But Michaels hasn't backed down for a second. Things got even more personal when Benjamin assaulted Shawn's long time friend, "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair. And Vince has attempted to pile even more pressure on HBK by announcing that he would be the Guest Referee for the match. Can Shawn overcome the odds and take the Intercontinental Title from Benjamin? Or will McMahon and Shelton finally put an end to the legend of Shawn Michaels?</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="font-size:14px;">HARDCORE MATCH:</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;"> </span></strong><span>http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/foley-edgewm22.jpg</span></p><p> <strong><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';"><span style="font-size:14px;">Mick Foley vs. Edge</span></span></strong></p><p> </p><p> <em>This one began way back in January the night following the Royal Rumble. Who would have thought that it would get this far. Edge has tried time and again to cripple "The Hardcore Legend" with little effect. It only seems to have urged Foley on. But at Wrestlemania, there will be no Tommy Dreamer. No Lita. Just Foley, Edge and any weapon they can get their hands on. Blood will flow in this match. But whose will it be?</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="font-size:14px;">WWE Cruiserweight Championship:</span></strong></p><p> <span>http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/helms-noble-crazywm22.jpg</span></p><p> <strong><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';"><span style="font-size:14px;">Jamie Noble vs. Gregory Helms © vs. Super Crazy</span></span></strong></p><p> </p><p> <em>"God's Gift to Wrestling" Gregory Helms has been begging Smackdown General Manager Theodore Long for months to give him a match at Wrestlemania. Well, he got his wish and more when long announced a Triple Threat Match for the Cruiserweight Championship with Helms goilng up against the tough as nails Jamie Noble and "The Insane Luchadore" Super Crazy. Bodies will be flying in this one, but who will walk away with the gold?</em></p><p> </p><p> <span>http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/jbl-undertakerwm22.jpg</span></p><p> <strong><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';"><span style="font-size:14px;">John Bradshaw Layfield vs. The Undertaker</span></span></strong></p><p> </p><p> <em>JBL's mouth has always seemed to get him into trouble. But even he didn't expect it to grab the attention of "The Phenom" who was sick and tired of JBL's constant verbal attacks on the legends of the business. Will The Undertaker manage to finally shut Bradshaw up? Or will JBL pull of the shock win and end The Undertaker's Wrestlemania winning streak?</em></p><p> </p><p> <span>http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/lashley-bookerwm22.jpg</span></p><p> <strong><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';"><span style="font-size:14px;">Bobby Lashley vs. Booker T</span></span></strong></p><p> </p><p> <em>Possibly the most personal feud of the year will hopefully be resolved when Booker T faces Bobby Lashley. Booker has been on a downward spiral since the apparent break-up of his marriage to Sharmell. And Booker is convinced that Lashley was the one who caused the split. Booker is on the war path, and will be looking to end Lashley's career. But Lashley has flat out denied any relationship with Booker's wife, but promises to give him a little payback for what he has done to the both of them. This is as personal as it gets, and only one man will be left standing. Who will it be?</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="font-size:14px;">World Tag Team Championship:</span></strong></p><p> <span>http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/showkane-cademurdochwm22.jpg</span></p><p> <strong><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';"><span style="font-size:14px;">Kane & The Big Show © vs. Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch</span></span></strong></p><p> </p><p> <em>Ever since they became Number One Contenders, Cade and Murdoch have tried to intimidate and mock the World Tag Team Champions. But if ever there was a team who aren't intimidated by anybody, it is Kane and The Big Show. They have been the most dominant Tag Team in recent history, and they will be looking to punish their opponents at Wrestlemania.</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="font-size:14px;">WWE Tag Team Championship:</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;"> </span></strong><span>http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/londrick-mnmwm22.jpg</span></p><p> <strong><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';"><span style="font-size:14px;">MNM © vs. London & Kendrick</span></span></strong></p><p> </p><p> <em>Two of the best young Tag Teams in the WWE will square off for the Tag Team Titles in what could very well be a show stealing match. MNM have proved themselves to be a more than competent tag team as they have held the belts since late last year. But the exciting duo of Paul London & Brian Kendrick have wowed audiences around the globe with their high flying matches. This rivalry took another turn this week when London & Kendrick stole MNM's title belts from their locker room. But which team will walk out of Chicago with the straps?</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="font-size:14px;">WWE Womens Championship:</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;"> </span></strong><span>http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/trish-mickeywm22.jpg</span></p><p> <strong><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';"><span style="font-size:14px;">Trish Stratus © vs. Mickie James</span></span></strong></p><p> </p><p> <em>Trish will be heading into this match more focused than ever as she takes on the unpredictable Mickie James. James was once a loyal Trish Stratus fan, wanting to be just like her. However it seems that James is a little unstable, and it didn't become a fact of Mickie wanting to be like Trish, but more Mickie wanting to OWN her. Trish needs to have her head screwed on straight if she wants to leave Chicago STILL the Womens Champion.</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>With all of this and more, you would be absolutely insane to miss Wrestlemania 22, Live this Sunday only on Pay Per View.</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24967" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Quick Picks:</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> World Heavyweight Championship:</strong></p><p><strong> Kurt Angle © vs. Rey Mysterio</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> WWE Championship:</strong></p><p><strong> John Cena © vs. Triple H</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> Money in the Bank Ladder Match:</strong></p><p><strong> Chavo Guerrero vs. Carlito vs. Rob Van Dam vs Matt Hardy vs. Paul Burchill vs. William Regal</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> United States Championship:</strong></p><p><strong> Chris Benoit © vs. Randy Orton</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> Intercontinental Championship:</strong></p><p><strong> Shelton Benjamin © vs. Shawn Michaels</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> Hardcore Match:</strong></p><p><strong> Mick Foley vs. Edge</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> Cruiserweight Championship:</strong></p><p><strong> Gregory Helms © vs Jamie Noble vs. Super Crazy</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> JBL vs. The Undertaker</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> Bobby Lashley vs. Booker T</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> World Tag Team Championship:</strong></p><p><strong> Kane & Big Show © vs. Cade & Murdoch</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> Tag Team Championship:</strong></p><p><strong> MNM © vs. London & Kendrick</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> Womens Championship:</strong></p><p><strong> Trish Stratus © vs. Mickie James</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote>

<p>World Heavyweight Championship:</p><p>

Kurt Angle © vs. <strong>Rey Mysterio</strong></p><p> </p><p>

WWE Championship:</p><p>

<strong>John Cena</strong> © vs. Triple H</p><p> </p><p>

Money in the Bank Ladder Match:</p><p>

Chavo Guerrero vs. <strong>Carlito</strong> vs. Rob Van Dam vs Matt Hardy vs. Paul Burchill vs. William Regal</p><p>

<em>Carlito would be robbed if he don't win!</em></p><p> </p><p>

United States Championship:</p><p>

<strong>Chris Benoit</strong> © vs. Randy Orton</p><p>

<em>I think Benoit should defeat Orton based on his era's time period.</em></p><p> </p><p>

Intercontinental Championship:</p><p>

<strong>Shelton Benjamin</strong> © vs. Shawn Michaels</p><p>

<em>Shelton to retain?!</em></p><p> </p><p>

Hardcore Match:</p><p>

Mick Foley vs. <strong>Edge</strong></p><p>

<em>Edge would gain more from the victory.</em></p><p> </p><p>

Cruiserweight Championship:</p><p>

Gregory Helms © vs <strong>Jamie Noble</strong> vs. Super Crazy</p><p>

<em>Yes, Noble!</em></p><p> </p><p>

JBL vs. <strong>The Undertaker</strong></p><p>

<em>Keep the streak alive!</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Booby Lashley</strong> vs. Booker T</p><p> </p><p>

World Tag Team Championship:</p><p>

<strong>Kane & Big Show</strong> © vs. Cade & Murdoch</p><p>

<em>Kane and Big Show continue to look impressive</em></p><p> </p><p>

Tag Team Championship:</p><p>

<strong>MNM</strong> © vs. London & Kendrick</p><p>

<em>Never been a fan of London & Kendrick</em></p><p> </p><p>

Womens Championship:</p><p>

<strong>Trish Stratus</strong> © vs. Mickie James</p><p>

<em>I like Mickie, but I believe Trish should go over here.</em></p>

Quick Picks:

World Heavyweight Championship:

Kurt Angle © vs. Rey Mysterio

WWE Championship:

John Cena © vs. Triple H

Money in the Bank Ladder Match:

Chavo Guerrero vs. Carlito vs. Rob Van Dam vs Matt Hardy vs. Paul Burchill vs. William Regal

United States Championship:

Chris Benoit © vs. Randy Orton

Intercontinental Championship:

Shelton Benjamin © vs. Shawn Michaels

Hardcore Match:

Mick Foley vs. Edge

Cruiserweight Championship:

Gregory Helms © vs Jamie Noble vs. Super Crazy

JBL vs. The Undertaker

Booby Lashley vs. Booker T

World Tag Team Championship:

Kane & Big Show © vs. Cade & Murdoch

Tag Team Championship:

MNM © vs. London & Kendrick

Womens Championship:

Trish Stratus © vs. Mickie James

Hopefully Rey wins for the cool 'Mania moment but is then booked better than he was in real life (ie not the worst booked champion in history)

WWE Championship:

John Cena © vs. Triple H

I loved the way this match played out in real life. The fans reactions, the brilliant "WTF" look on the fans after Triple H tapped out, quality. And besides, Triple H is kind of stale at this point and doesn't need the title

Chavo Guerrero vs. Carlito vs. Rob Van Dam vs Matt Hardy vs. Paul Burchill vs. William Regal

The only person who realistically could be winning the title within the next 12 months. The other 5 would need to much work, although I like all 6 guys in the match

I don't think he necessarily needs the title, but I think he's the right person to win this one as he tries to get back to the top hell level he should be at

To give Shelton a huge rub after a quality match

Hardcore Match:

Mick Foley vs. Edge

This should probably play out exactly how it did in real life, it was handled so well

Helms will hold on until you can really rebuild the division

JBL vs. The Undertaker

JBL isn't the guy to end the streak

Booby Lashley vs. Booker T

Heh, "booby". Lashley needs to keep looking strong

I can't see how Cade & Murdoch could win this one, really

Tag Team Championship:

I loved MNM, but Londrick deserve to win but not yet. They need to win when it feels more special, whereas it might get overshadowed here. But it should be a great match

Womens Championship:

Mickie was built so well in, in my opinion, the best Women's storyline ever, so it needs to be completed with her winning the title

Show should be up by the end of the week (fingers crossed). Just want to get things perfect (or as close as i can). Looking forward to finally getting Wrestlemania up and out of the way, and hopefully you enjoy reading it as much as I am enjoying writing it.

Quick Picks:

WWE Championship:

John Cena © vs. Triple H

Hardcore Match:

Mick Foley vs. Edge

JBL vs. The Undertaker

Bobby Lashley vs. Booker T

Tag Team Championship:

Womens Championship:

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay. A pretty long show (it is Wrestlemania after all). Enjoy.

All State Arena hosts Wrestlemania 22

The Official attendance is 15,000

Wrestlemania 22’s Official Theme is “Boiler” by Limp Bizkit.

Dark Matches:

-Goldust defeats Aaron Stevens in a surprisingly good contest with the Curtain Call.

-Finlay hits the Celtic Cross on Stevie Richards to pick up a hard earned Victory.

+++

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIcm4t3_lec&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIcm4t3_lec&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

And now Raw, Smackdown and Snickers present...

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/wwe/WrestlemaniaLogo22.jpg

The fans in Chicago are on their feet as the pyrotechnics are set off in the building. They finally settle as the camera pans around the arena as the crowd screams wildly.

JR: 15,00 fans have jam packed the Allstate Arena here in Chicago, Illinois for what is sure to be the biggest event of the year. Welcome to Wrestlemania 22. I’m Good Ol’ JR, Jim Ross. And Along side me as always is “The King” Jerry Lawler.

Lawler: JR, I am so excited about tonight. This truly is the showcase of the immortals. But we’ve also got our colleagues from Smackdown here tonight.

Cole: Thanks, guys. Michael Cole and Tazz here representing Smackdown. And Tazz, what a line up we have tonight.

Tazz: Damn right, Cole. Let’s not waste anymore time. Let’s get to it.

+++

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/moneyinthebankwm22.jpg

Chavo Guerrero vs. Carlito vs. Rob Van Dam vs. Matt Hardy vs. Paul Burchill vs. William Regal

Highlights:

All six men started the match in the centre of the ring, all looking towards the rafters at the prize that was hanging above them. Carlito quickly started the ball rolling when he went straight for Hardy. The other four quickly followed suit, and the match was on.

After the recent goings on of the past few weeks, Hardy spent the majority of the match trying to fend off Burchill and Regal. Regal was taken out of the match for a short period of the bout when Hardy drilled a ladder into his skull, seemingly knocking the brit out. RVD seemed to be the only one trying to reach the briefcase, constantly getting into the ring and climbing the ladder. But Carlito was there to put a stop to RVD’s assent. The first “Holy ****” moment of the match came as Carlito, Chavo, Hardy, Regal and Burchill were brawling on the outside. Miraculously, none of them had noticed RVD perched on a ladder set up INSIDE the ring. With his thumbs pointed, RVD took to the air, landing on his five adversaries and causing the fans in attendance to rise to their feet as “RVD” chants rang out. RVD seemed to do more damage to himself however, and Carlito was the first to capitalize, entering the ring and setting up the ladder. As he made his way up, his fingers brushed the briefcase. But the crowd were in for another shocking moment as Burchill and Regal tipped the ladder over, sending Carlito over the top and to the floor below, causing another “Holy ****” chant from the Chicago fans. It seemed that friendship and loyalty were about to be tested however, as Burchill and Regal argued over who would go for the briefcase. Their stalling cost them, as Chavo and RVD sent the two brits packing to the outside before going at it with each other.

The final moments of the match were exciting to watch, as RVD and Chavo were on either side of the ladder, throwing fists and trying to knock the other man off balance and off the ladder. But the deciding factor would be Carlito, who nailed RVD with another Ladder, knocking him to the ground. Carlito collapsed to the mat, and it seemed Chavo had the match won. But he wasn’t prepared for the arrival of MATT STRIKER, who nailed a power bomb from the ladder to the mat. Striker dragged Chavo to the outside and mounted Guerrero, wailing on him with rights and lefts. This left William Regal as the only man on his feet. He entered the ring and slowly headed up the ladder and reached up to grab the briefcase... only to be taken out by RVD, who came flying towards him from the top rope and connected with a Side Kick to the head. RVD ascended the ladder and reached up, unclipping the briefcase to the delight of the fans in attendance. Rob Van Dam is Mr Money in the Bank.

Winner: Rob Van Dam

JR: RVD did it. Rob Van Dam is this year’s Money in the Bank Winner which means he gets a title shot anytime within the next year.

Tazz: Well, I’m a little upset that a Smackdown guy didn’t get the victory, but I gotta give props to RVD. He deserved the victory there.

King: All I know is there gonna be hurting in the morning.

Tazz: Thanks for the diagnosis there, Doc.

RVD celebrates in the ring with his newly won briefcase as the crowd chant for “Mr Money in the Bank” Rob Van Dam.

+++

WWE World Tag Team Championship Match:

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/worldtagteam.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/showkane-cademurdochwm22.jpg

Kane and The Big Show © vs. Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch

Highlights:

The mere size of Kane and Big Show were enough for many to come to the conclusion that the challengers didn’t stand a chance. However, Cade and Murdoch seemed strangely confident as they stood across the ring from their opponents.

Kane began the match with Lance Cade, who surprisingly didn’t back down from the Big Red Monster. Cade put up a good fight, and actually managed to take Kane off his feet with a huge Suplex before making the tag to his partner. With Kane down, Murdoch worked on the legs in an attempt to keep the big man down. Murdoch locked a Knee Bar on his fallen opponent, but quickly released it and fled to the outside when he saw the massive frame of The Big Show enter the ring to save his partner. The match continued like this for the majority, with Cade and Murdoch trading quick tags and keeping him away from his corner. Kane made a big comeback however, nailing the challengers with Uppercuts to the throat before drilling Murdoch with a Sidewalk Slam for a long two count. Kane finally managed to get himself to his corner and tag his partner who went straight to work....on his OWN PARTNER. The crowd were in shock as The Big Show put the boots to Kane as Cade and Murdoch stood in their corner with huge grins spread across their faces. The Big Show lifted Kane to his feet before wrapping his massive hands around his partner’s throat and delivering a HUGE Chokeslam to the mat. The crowd showered Show with boo’s and jeers as he looked down at The Big Red Machine. He then lifted him again and delivered a second Chokeslam. He then signalled for Trevor Murdoch to make the cover, which he gladly did. The referee counted the one...two...three. And just like that, we had new World Tag Team Champions.

Winners, and NEW World Tag Team Champions: Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch

JR: What the hell was that? Big Show just cost himself and Kane the titles. But why?

Lawler: Well, I’m in the dark just as much as you, JR. This is shocking. But never the less, we do have new World Tag Team Champions.

JR: And it doesn’t look like Big Show is finished just yet.

The Big Show continued his assault as he lifted Kane once again and hit ANOTHER Chokeslam. The new Champions quietly left the ring, leaving the giant to continue his destruction of his former Partner. Show grabbed him by the throat AGAIN and lifted him to his feet. It was obvious though that Kane couldn’t even stand on his own two feet. Big Show simply loosened his grip and let Kane fall to the mat in a heap. Big Show calmly left the ring and made his way up the ramp as the crowd in attendance gave him the obligatory “You Suck” chants. EMT’s rushed past the Big Show to tend to the fallen Monster.

+++

Jonathan Coachman interviews Edge:

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/wwe/jonathancoachman.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/wwe/edgeppv.jpg

Coachman: Ladies and Gentlemen, what a night we have had already, but at this time I would like to welcome my guest, “The Rated R Superstar” Edge. And Edge, after months of beat downs and bad blood, you finally step foot in the ring with Mick Foley. And not only that, it will be in his element, a Hardcore Match. Your thoughts?

Edge: You know what my thoughts of Mick Foley are. He’s past it. He’s an old man who doesn’t belong in this industry anymore. A one trick pony that only made it big because he could take an ass kicking better than anyone else. The night after the Royal Rumble I caved your skull in, and you came back for more. Last month I caved your skull in, and again, you came back for more. What’s it gonna take for you to get the message, Mick? Do I have to cripple you? Do I put you in a wheelchair? Is that what I have to do to make you see the light? Do I have to make sure you will never be able to play with your children again? Or make love to that smoking hot wife of yours? If that’s the only way to get rid of you Mick, then that’s what I’ll do. Tonight, there’s no Tommy Dreamer to help you. There’s nothing and there is nobody that can stop me tonight. Tonight, I take you out. Permanently.

+++

The familiar music of Bobby Lashley hits inside the Allstate Arena as the crowd rise to their feet. He does his usual pose on the entrance way, setting the pyro off. But as he strolls down towards the ring, he is blindsided by his opponent Booker T, who lands a vicious chair shot to the back of Lashley. Booker continued to beat him all the way to the ring, where he finally threw his opponent into the ring. The ref eventually called for the bell, and the match was on.

Singles Match:

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/lashley-bookerwm22.jpg

Bobby Lashley vs. Booker T

Highlights:

From the opening bell of this match, Booker T was all over his opponent, looking to teach him a lesson after his alleged antics over the past few months. Booker beat Lashley from pillar to post, stomping him in the corner. Booker was very close to getting disqualified when he began choking Lashley with his boot, but he composed himself enough to break it before the five count.

Lashley did manage to make a fiery comeback, using his strength advantage to nail a Back Body Drop when Booker’s attempt at a Power Bomb failed. Lashley then went to work, hitting several Clotheslines on the 5-time WCW champion before hitting a final Clothesline that sent him to the outside. Lashley was a man possessed, throwing Booker over the security barrier and into the red hot crowd in Chicago. He soon followed him out and continued the beatdown as the official began the ten count. Lashley then pressed Booker over his head before throwing him back over the barrier, causing Booker to land HARD on the matted floor. Lashley did manage to get Booker back in the ring before both men were counted out, and the ferocious beat down continued.

The ending came when Lashley went to nail a hard Lariat on Booker, who ducked the manoeuvre. Booker looked to capitalize on this by hitting a Standing Side Kick on Lashley, but he moved, causing Booker to accidentally take out the referee. With the official out, Lashley booted Booker in the gut and delivered a bone crunching Dominator. Lashley made the cover, but there was nobody there to make the count. Lashley rose to his feet, clearly frustrated, and bent down to revive the official. That’s when he felt it. A quick boot to the groin sent him down to the mat. Although it wasn’t so much of a boot as it was a High Heel shoe. The crowd were in an uproar as SHARMELL stood above Lashley having delivered the fatal shot. She soon dragged her husband to his feet, who took advantage and hit Lashley with a Scissor Kick. Booker decided to make sure he finished the job by lifting his opponent up and hitting the Book End. He hooked the leg, and the official crawled over to make the three count, awarding the match to Booker T.

Winner: Booker T

Cole: Come on. What was that?

Tazz: That was called having a plan come together, Cole. I knew they were still an item.

Cole: No you didn’t. Nobody saw this one coming, especially not Lashley.

Booker T and his wife stood above the beaten body of Bobby Lashley before making out in the centre of the ring, much to the disgust of the fans in the arena. Sharmell then raised her husband’s hand in victory, both happy after pulling the wool over the eyes of their adversary.

+++

The Champs talk trash:

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/wwe/cenappv.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/wwe/kurtangleppv.jpg

The cameras are backstage, where we catch a shot of WWE Champion John Cena walking along the corridors. The fans of Chicago give him a less than warm welcome, a majority of them clearly against him. As he is walking through the arena, he stops in his tracks as he bumps into Smackdown’s World Heavyweight Champion Kurt Angle. The two men go nose to nose before Angle speaks.

Angle: It’s been a long time, John.

Cena: Not long enough, Kurt.

Angle: I guess you think you’re something special, huh? I guess you think you’re the most dominant champion in the WWE. That spinning piece of crap on your shoulder, it means nothing compared to my World Heavyweight Title. You have turned RAW into a god damn laughing stock.

Cena: Oh, really? Well, last time I tuned into Smackdown, I saw Rey Mysterio giving you an ass whooping.

Angle: YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH! That god damn midget didn’t kick my ass. I could take him anytime I want. And I’m gonna do it tonight. So you can wipe that smug look off your face.

Cena: Well, let’s just see who walks out of here tonight with their belt. Then we’ll...

Both Cena and Angle were cut off when “Mr. Money in the Bank” Rob Van Dam walked into shot as the fans erupted. RVD looked at the title belt sat on Angle’s shoulder before looking at Cena’s belt. He then took a look at his briefcase before smirking at the two champions. RVD didn’t need to say a word as he strolled out of shot, leaving Cena and Angle alone. The two champs stared each other down for several seconds before going their separate ways.

Tazz: Well, a picture speaks a thousand words as we just saw there.

Cole: Absolutely, Tazz. RVD has the briefcase. The question is, who will he cash it in against? And when?

+++

A short video package is played to the fans in attendance as well as the audience at home to remind fans of the feud that has erupted between Randy Orton and Chris Benoit, which culminated in Orton injuring Benoit’s knee on Smackdown, leaving many to question whether he would be fit to compete.

WWE United States Championship Match:

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/ustitle.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/benoit-ortonwm22.jpg

Highlights:

Benoit was obviously in a tremendous amount of pain as he made his way to the ring for this match, his knee obviously causing him a great deal of pain. Orton wasted no time in exploiting it, heading straight for the injured leg as the bell rang. Benoit tried to stay on his feet, but Orton would be quick to sweep his legs from underneath him. The fans saw a side of Orton they hadn’t really seen before, as he applied various submissions holds to the injured body part. He almost got a quick victory over the champ when he locked a Boston Crab on Benoit. The US champions screams could be heard four blocks away, but he managed to crawl to the ropes to break the count. Orton almost stalked his prey as he worked tirelessly on the leg. But Benoit somehow managed to get back to a vertical base, and fired away at Orton with hard chops to the chest, causing Orton’s chest to quickly turn colour. The red and purple swelling on Orton was too much for him as he bailed to the outside. But Benoit proved just how gutsy he was, running as fast as his leg would allow him and diving through the ropes onto “The Legend Killer” as the fans cheered on The Rabid Wolverine.

Back in the ring, Benoit looked set to end the match as he wrapped his arms around the waist of Orton and planted him with a German Suplex. With his hands still locked around him, he hit him with another German, and then a third. Benoit went to the well once too often though, and as he rose to hit a forth, Orton hit a low blow out of view from the official and followed it up with the RKO. The fans were begging for Benoit to recover as Orton made the cover for the one...two...the-NO! Benoit manages to kick out just in time to the relief of the Chicago crowd. Orton was livid as “Benoit” chants rang out through the arena. Orton then made Benoit’s own Cut Throat gesture before applying Benoit’s own Crippler Crossface on him. It seemed Benoit had nowhere to go as Orton wrenched the hold in the centre of the ring. Benoit tried his hardest to crawl to the ropes to no avail. Eventually, he used every ounce of energy he had to power out and roll Orton up with a cover for a VERY close two count. Orton was straight up to his feet and went to hit an RKO for the second time, but Benoit countered, dragging Orton’s arm down and locking in the Crippler Crossface as the fans were whipped into a frenzy. Orton struggled and was so close to tapping out before finally reaching the ropes. Benoit was clearly frustrated and dragged Randy to the centre of the ring before making the cut throat gesture. Benoit slowly made his way to the top rope, looking to hit the Flying Headbutt. But it was not to be, as Orton got to his feet and swept Benoit’s legs from underneath him, causing him to land groin first into the turnbuckle. Orton then grabbed Benoit’s head and in one sudden movement drilled Benoit from the top rope with the RKO. Benoit was lifeless as Orton made the cover and picked up the victory over Benoit, becoming the new United States Champion.

Winner, and NEW United States Champion: Randy Orton.

Cole: We have a new US Champion, Tazz.

Tazz: Yes we do. And you have to wonder just what must be going through the mind of Teddy Long now that Orton holds the belt.

Cole: It seems we may have more serious problems, Tazz. Benoit hasn’t moved at all.

Orton stood at the top of the entrance as several EMT’s came down to check on the condition of Chris Benoit. Orton raised his title high in the air before retreating to the back. Benoit still hadn’t moved a muscle since the final bell. There was a hush in the audience as Benoit was strapped on to the stretcher. The fans in Chicago gave him a standing ovation, although it was hard to tell if he actually heard it or not.

+++

Josh Matthews Interviews Gregory Helms:

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/wwe/joshmatthews.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/wwe/gregoryhelmsppv.jpg

Matthews: Well, what a night we have already had here in Chicago. And right now I am joined by the WWE Cruiserweight Champion, Gregory Helms. Now Gregory...

Helms: Let me stop you, Josh. I know what you’re gonna ask. You’re gonna ask the same question that all the nobody’s on the streets have been asking me; Do I stand a chance tonight against not one, but TWO opponents. Josh, the whole “God’s Gift to Wrestling” thing, it’s not just a moniker. It’s not some cheesy catchphrase to help sell a few lousy t-shirts. John Cena has that corner of the market covered. I say it because it’s the truth. There is not a man in this building... hell, there’s not a man on this PLANET who can get in that ring and do the things I do as well as I do it. To all the non-believers, tonight I’m gonna prove it when I beat two men who, quite frankly, aren’t even in my league. Noble, Super Crazy; tonight, you will see just why I am the greatest professional wrestler on this earth. You will see just why I AM the greatest Cruiserweight Champion of all time. And you will get the biggest beating of your lives, courtesy of God’s Gift to Wrestling, Gregory Helms.

+++

Jonathan Coachman Interviews Triple H:

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/wwe/jonathancoachman.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/wwe/hhhppv.jpg

Coachman: Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome the Number One Contender to the WWE Championship, “The Game” Triple H. And Triple H, tonight you finally get your shot at John Cena’s WWE Title.

Triple H: 5 weeks. 5 weeks ago I stood with my hand raised in victory at No Way Out and I was declared the Number One Contender. And for 5 weeks, I haven’t been able to eat. I haven’t been able sleep. Because all I have thought about is stepping foot in that ring tonight and capturing the thing that means more to me in this world than anything or anyone, the WWE Championship. John, in just a few short moments, you will stare death in the face. You will be stood in that ring face to face, eye to eye, with the single greatest athlete in this business today. I’m hell bent on taking back what is rightfully mine. You will see the fire in my eyes as I beat you to within an inch of your life. Playtime is over, John. No more trash talk. No more jumping people from behind. Tonight, my quest ends with me standing tall in the centre of that ring as the new WWE Champion. John, I CAN see you. But not for long, because tonight, I will BURY you. Now take that mike and shove it up your ass. I’m done.

+++

WWE Cruiserweight Championship Match:

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/cruiserweight.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/helms-noble-crazywm22.jpg

Gregory Helms © vs. Jamie Noble vs. Super Crazy

Highlights:

Gregory Helms came into the match looking ****y and confident, but the smirk was soon wiped off his face when he was hit by a dropkick to the face by Super Crazy before the bell even sounded, sending the champ to the outside. Crazy had the early advantage in the early going, using his speed to his advantage against the more ground based offence of Noble and Helms. Helms tried to distance himself from both men, letting Crazy and Noble duke it out whilst he sat on the sidelines, waiting for the perfect moment to make his presence felt. Crazy was on fire, taking Noble’s head off with a Springboard Dropkick for a close two count. Super Crazy continued to dominate the match, and was close to getting the victory when he went for the Triple Moonsault, but on the third jump, Noble moved, sending Crazy crashing to the mat. Noble believed he had dodged a bullet, and he didn’t see Helms charging towards him. Helms delivered a deadly Shining Wizard and hooked the leg for a Very close two count. Helms was clearly getting irritated as he lifted Noble from the mat. But Noble was able to get himself behind Helms, jump on his back and lock in the Dragon Sleeper. Helms slowly faded as he fell to the mat. The referee checked the arm of the Cruiserweight Champion. He lifted it and then let it fall to his side. He checked again, and once again his arm fell. One more time and we would have a new Cruiserweight Champion. But Super Crazy was the unlikely saviour, hitting a dropkick right between the eyes of Noble. Crazy then took advantage of the situation, dragging Helms to the centre of the ring and hitting the Triple Moonsault. The crowd were going nuts as Crazy made the cover for the one...two...three!!! Super Crazy is the NEW Cruiserweight Champion, much to the delight of the fans in the Allstate Arena.

Winner, and NEW Cruiserweight Champion: Super Crazy

Cole: I don’t believe it. Super Crazy has just become the new Cruiserweight Champion. All the talk and all the promises from Gregory Helms have come to nothing.

Tazz: Oh man, he is gonna be pissed when he finally realises what just happened. I’m in shock.

Tazz was right, as Helms finally came to. The realisation of what happened finally sinks in, causing Helms to throw a hissy fit in the centre of the ring. Crazy slowly backs up the ramp, where his partner Psicosis has arrived to congratulate him on his victory. Helms is fuming as he yells at the official and anybody else who will listen.

+++

A Monster Unleashed!!!

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/wwe/kaneppv.jpg

The cameras head backstage, where we see The Big Red Monster Kane, who is completely trashing the catering area, clearly still seething after the betrayal of his partner earlier in the night. As Viscera scurries away with a handful of pies and biscuits, Security and officials try their best to calm the monster down. But it is no use, as Kane completely destroys the area as he screamed for The Big Show.

+++

JBL is confronted by “Hot Rod”.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/wwe/jblppv.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/wwe/roddypiper.jpg

We now get a shot of John Bradshaw Layfield walking down the corridor, on his way to face The Undertaker. But JBL is stopped in his tracks by a familiar face. The crowd erupt as “Rowdy” Roddy Piper came into shot to confront Bradshaw.

Piper: Well, if it isn’t Mr. Big Shot himself. You know, it’s a real shame that you just don’t know when to keep that mouth of yours closed. All those months of badmouthing legends like Flair, legends like Dusty...legends like ME. Bet you never thought you would have to deal with a legend like The Undertaker, did ya sport? You see, I was here when The Undertaker made his debut back in 91. He was untouchable. Nobody could beat him. Nobody could stop him. 15 years later, and not a lot has changed. The only thing that’s changed around here is now he has to deal with disrespectful little punks like you. Jesus Christ, this is Wrestlemania. This is the event where Undertaker dropped Jimmy Snuka on his head in his first Wrestlemania match. This is the event where he pinned Sycho Sid to become WWE Champion. This is the event where he has beaten his own brother not once, but TWICE. And you honestly believe you stand a chance? You don’t have what it takes to...

Piper was cut off by a stiff right hand by JBL, knocking him to the concrete floor. Bradshaw began to put the boots to Piper before lifting him to his feet and throwing him through the Interview Set backstage. JBL added insult to injury by throwing a steel chair onto the prone body of the “Hot Rod” as the crowed in attendance booed the despicable JBL.

Cole: What a lowlife, disrespecting a legend like Roddy Piper.

Tazz: Yeah, but you gotta admit that was a pretty clear message to the Dead Man.

+++

Singles Match:

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/jbl-undertakerwm22.jpg

John Bradshaw Layfield vs. The Undertaker

Highlights:

The familiar sight of Druids lined up on the entrance ramp as The Undertaker slowly made his way to the ring. JBL stood in the ring, his expression was one of fear. But JBL made the first move, attacking The Phenom as he climbed through the ropes to start the match. JBL threw rights and lefts at The Undertaker, but The Dead Man was able to fight back with fists of his own before landing a big boot, sending JBL tumbling to the outside.

The Undertaker picked apart JBL on the outside of the ring, drilling his head into every surface he could find. Steel steps, announce tables, guard rails and anything else he could find became weapons to use against Bradshaw. Taker periodically rolled into the ring to stop himself from being counted out before heading back to dish out more punishment to JBL. But the tables turned when JBL reversed an Irish Whip into the security barrier, sending The Undertaker over and into the crowd.JBL followed him into the hostile Chicago crowd, landing hard boots to the head and back of The Phenom. With the official out of sight, JBL delivered a brutal chair shot to The Undertaker’s spine, laying him out on the concrete. JBL didn’t waste any time in putting his plan into action, running towards the ring and sliding in, hoping to get a count out victory on Taker. JBL’s plan ALMOST worked, but Undertaker managed to get back into the ring with just a split second to go.

JBL took control of the match once they were back inside the ring, punishing Undertaker with stiff kicks and punches, elbow drops and generally working on the back and neck of The Undertaker. The crowd were desperately trying to will The Phenom to fight back, but it all seemed useless as JBL took Undertakers head off. The fans sat in silence as the official made the count. One...two...th-NO. Undertaker escaped defeat by a whisker, much to the annoyance of JBL. Bradshaw waited for Taker to rise before hitting the ropes and looking for another Clothesline. But Taker ducked, wrapped his hand around the neck of JBL and delivered a Chokeslam for a close two count. Undertaker signalled for the Tombstone. He lifted JBL onto his shoulder, but he managed to slide out before hitting the ropes and swinging for the Clothesline from Hell once again. But Taker once again ducked before lifting JBL one last time onto his shoulder and drilling him with the Tombstone. The crowd was electric as the official made the three count, increasing Undertaker’s undefeated streak to 14-0.

Winner: The Undertaker

Cole: The Undertaker makes it 14-0 here at Wrestlemania.

Tazz: It’s gonna take something special to beat The Dead man at Wrestlemania. JBL almost had it, but in the end Taker was just too much for the big Texan.

+++

McMahon gives his instructions to the champ:

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/wwe/vincemcmahon.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/wwe/sheltonppv.jpg

The cameras are in the locker room, where Shelton Benjamin is preparing for his Intercontinental Title match with Shawn Michaels. Vince McMahon is sat beside him wearing his referee shirt as the two talk tactics ahead of their match tonight.

McMahon: So, you know what you have to do tonight?

Benjamin: Don’t worry, Mr. McMahon. I know what I need to do. There’s no way Shawn Michaels will beat me tonight.

McMahon: I don’t think you quite understand what I’m saying, Shelton. Tonight isn’t about winning or losing. It isn’t about your title belt. I don’t want you to beat Shawn Michaels here tonight. I want you to DESTROY him. I want you to embarrass him. I want you to make sure he never steps foot inside a WWE ring again. I can only do so much as Guest Referee tonight. It’s down to you to finish the job. So, I’ll ask again. Do you know what you have to do tonight?

Benjamin: Yeah, I know what to do.

McMahon: Good. Let’s go.

The two men both leave side by side, with McMahon finding it hard to wipe the smile from his face.

+++

WWE Intercontinental Championship:

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/icbelt.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/shelton-hbkwm22.jpg

Highlights:

Vince was practically salivating as he went nose to nose with HBK. But as he called for the bell to start the match, he was in for a shock, as Michaels hit him square on the jaw with Sweet Chin Music. The crowd rose to their feet in excitement as HBK looked down at the fallen McMahon. Shelton’s face was one of shock, but it was quickly wiped off his face and replaced by fear as HBK chased him out of the ring and into the crowd. HBK finally caught up with him, and the two began trading blows with each other in the crowd as the fans went wild. The two beat on each other through the crowd as Vince was taken to the back by several Road Agents.

Nick Patrick made his way to the ring as the new official for the match as HBK and Shelton slowly made their way back to ringside and Michaels finally threw Benjamin back into the ring. The match from there on was faced paced, with both men going all out to put on a fantastic contest. Many were surprised to see Shelton Benjamin going hold for hold with Michaels, even getting the upper hand on a number of occasions. Both Benjamin and Michaels put on a tremendous display of chain wrestling, but Benjamin soon got tired of having to keep up with HBK and decided to stop him in his tracks with a kick right to the knee, sending HBK to the mat. Benjamin took control of the match from here, working on the leg of Michaels in the hope of keeping “The Showstopper” grounded. HBK clawed at the ropes, trying to get to a vertical base, but Benjamin was quick to take him down again. With Shelton in control, he was close to getting the pin after hitting a Springboard Clothesline on HBK, but Michaels was too close to the ropes and was able to grab hold of them to break the count. The Intercontinental Champion may have gotten a little too ****y however, as he “tuned up the band”, looking to nail Michaels with his own Sweet Chin Music. As he went to connect with it, Michaels caught Benjamin’s foot. He spun him around, only to be hit square in the jaw with the Dragon Whip Kick. Shelton made the cover, but only managed to get a two count.

Shelton was ready to end things as he waited for Michaels to get to his feet. He grabbed hold of him, ready to hit the Exploder Suplex, but HBK managed to fight his way out of the move. HBK was on autopilot as he swung at Shelton, knocking him of balance with right hands before hitting a Flying Forearm on the I.C Champ. The crowd exploded as he nipped up and hit him with an Atomic Drop before heading to the top rope and hitting a perfect Moonsault on Benjamin. HBK headed up top once again and nailed Benjamin with the Elbow drop as the crowd roared in support of HBK. It was time for Michaels to finish the job, as he stood in the corner as he waited for Benjamin to rise. As he did, he was sent crashing to the floor again as Michaels hit Sweet Chin Music on Benjamin. Michaels made the cover as the official made the count. One...two...NO! Nick Patrick was pulled out of the ring by a returning Vince McMahon, who pulled Patrick to the outside before hitting him in the groin, sending hit down to the floor. The distraction by McMahon was enough time for Benjamin to recover, turning Michaels around and planting him with the Exploder Suplex. Benjamin hooked the leg as McMahon entered the ring to make the count. One...two...th-HBK is saved by none other than “The Nature Boy” Ric Flair, who drops an elbow on McMahon before throwing him to the outside. Ric grabbed McMahon by the legs and locked him in the Figure Four on the outside to the delight of the fans of Illinois. Nick Patrick managed to get in the ring just in time as HBK went for Sweet Chin Music on Benjamin. Shelton ducked before rolling HBK up in a School Boy pin. Benjamin grabbed hold of the tights as Patrick made the count. One...two...three. Shelton Benjamin retains his Intercontinental Title. But more importantly, Benjamin has defeated HBK at Wrestlemania.

Winner, and STILL Intercontinental Champion: Shelton Benjamin

JR: Shelton Benjamin just stole the victory over Shawn Michaels.

King: Some may say he stole it, but like it or not he is STILL the Intercontinental Champion.

JR: Not only that, he’s the only person who has actually retained his title so far.

Ric Flair was in the ring with HBK, both disgusted by the cheap victory for Benjamin as McMahon and Shelton help each other to the back.

+++

WWE Women’s Championship:

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/womens.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/trish-mickeywm22.jpg

Highlights:

This one exploded the second Trish entered the ring, as Mickie went straight in for the kill, swinging fists and feet at her one time idol. Trish was fired up as well though, and fought back hard, knocking Mickie to the outside, where Trish soon followed. Trish attempted an Irish Whip into the steel stairs, but Mickie managed to reverse it, sending the Women’s Champion sailing into the steel. This was quite possibly the most physical, violent women’s match anybody had ever seen as the two tore into each other around ringside. Trish drove Mickie face first into the announce table several times, which caused a small cut above Mickie’s right eye. The fans were shocked at the level of brutality in this match, but they were firmly behind Trish as the two finally got back into the ring. Mickie seemed to be a step ahead of Trish since tasting her own blood, and like a wounded animal was simply fighting out of instinct. Mickie landed a perfect Huricanrana for a two count. Trish was on the ropes, but somehow managed to hit the Chick Kick on Mickie. Trish made the cover but only managed a two count, much to her shock and frustration. Stratus was set to end things with the Stratusfaction Bulldog, but Mickie threw Trish off of her. As Trish got to her feet, she was hit with the Mick Kick, sending her to the floor. Mickie made the cover. One...two...Mickie lifted Trish off the mat. Mickie was hell bent on punishing Trish as she dragged her to her feet before planting her with the Mickie-DT. The crowds jeers were deafening as Mickie looked down at Trish, a sick smile spread across her lips. Mickie straddled her opponent, kneeling groin first over Trish’s face. She hooked the legs behind her as the official made the count. One...two...three. Mickie James has become the new Women’s Champion, and in the process has destroyed Trish Stratus.

Winner, and NEW Women’s Champion: Mickie James

JR: Well, in all my years of commentating on this great sport, I have never, NEVER witnessed a women’s match as brutal, as violent and as personal as what we have just witnessed, King.

Lawler: I gotta agree, that was a little disturbing to watch. But now Mickie is the champ, the question is who can stop her?

+++

An Extreme Guest:

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/wwe/joeystyles.jpg

Finkle: Ladies and Gentlemen, The following contest is scheduled for one fall, and it is a HARDCORE MATCH. At this time may I introduce to you the Special Guest Announcer for this match. He is the former voice of ECW as well as a former Monday Night Raw Commentator, JOEY STYLES.

The fans give Joey a fairly warm reception as he makes his way to the ringside area, slapping hands with the fans. Jerry Lawler’s face is far from happy after Styles walked out on him back in December. Joey takes a seat next to Lawler.

JR: Joey, good to have you here.

Styles: Good to be here, JR. And I’m looking forward to finally be able to work alongside you.

Lawler: What about me?

Styles:..... JR, I’m looking forward to finally be able to work alongside you.

+++

Hardcore Match:

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/foley-edgewm22.jpg

Edge vs. Mick Foley

Highlights:

If the fans thought things in the previous match were brutal, this match took it to a whole new level. Edge was the first to make his way to the ring, and he was without his partner in crime, Lita. But he was soon stopped in his tracks when Mick Foley jumped him from behind, nailing him with a steel chair across the spine. Edge screamed out in pain as he slowly crawled towards the ring, with Foley just a few steps behind with kicks to the head. As they made it to the ring, Edge hit Foley with a low blow before throwing him into the steel steps, sending Foley sailing over them and hitting the floor hard.

Edge made the most of the No Disqualification rules, searching underneath the ring for any kind of weapon he could get his hands on. Edge went to work on Foley with a Trash Can, bending it across his skull over and over before throwing it at him full force. Foley managed to get himself into the relative safety of the ring, but Edge was quick to follow, throwing a few toys into the mix, including several steel chairs, a table and a baseball bat. Edge continued the beatdown of the Hardcore Legend, smashing the chair hard across his spine several times. Edge was in total control, and he never once went for the pinfall, looking instead to inflict as much damage to Foley’s body as he possibly could. With Edge in control, he set up the table in the corner of the ring and waited patiently for Foley to rise to his feet. With Foley on his feet, Edge charged, looking to Spear Foley through the table. Mick had other ideas though, and managed to hip toss Edge through the table as the crowd roared their approval. Mick went for the cover, but only managed a two count. Foley was in the zone, firing away with right hands in the corner before nailing a knee to the head in the corner. Foley headed to the outside and pulled a LADDER of all things from underneath the ring as the crowd got behind him. He slid the ladder into the ring before reaching under the ring again, this time pulling out the infamous 2x4 wrapped in barbed wire. Edge wore a face of fear as he saw Mick coming towards him with the 2x4. Foley swung, but Edge ducked and bailed from the ring. But as Foley went after “The Rated R Superstar”, he was hit with a sickening chair shot to the head. Foley somehow managed to stay on his feet, but the second shot sent him to the floor. Foley was busted open as Edge used the barbed wire 2x4 to rake across the bloodied face of Mick Foley.

As the match was coming to an end, Foley somehow managed to get to his feet and make a comeback, drilling the barbed wire into the flesh of edge, who began bleeding from the head. Foley planted Edge with a Double Arm DDT onto a chair. Mick set up the ladder and began to climb with a steel chair in his hand, the Chicago fans clearly backing him all the way. But things were about to take a dramatic and sickening turn. Edge somehow managed to get to his feet and ascended the ladder, trading blows with the Hardcore Legend. It was at this point that Lita sprinted to ringside. With the two men slugging it out on the ladder, Lita pulled a table from underneath the ring. She set the table up on the outside before pulling something out of her pocket.....LIGHTER FLUID. She doused the table with the liquid before pulling some matches out of her pocket. She struck the match and placed it on the table. Seeing the flames, Edge jumped from the ladder and, in a moment that will surely be replayed for years to come, he tipped the ladder over, sending Foley crashing to the outside and through the Flaming Table! The fans were going absolutely crazy with “Holy ****” chants, drowning out Joey Styles obligatory “OH MY GOD” shout, as Edge looked out at Foley, a look of shock on his face. Edge headed to the outside and had to use all of his strength to lift Foley up and push him into the ring. Edge hooked the leg as the official counted the one...two...three. Edge has defeated Mick Foley, with the crowd still going wild after what they just witnessed.

Winner: Edge

Styles: I’ve seen some pretty extreme things in my line of work. But I have never in my life seen anything like that. That was absolutely shocking.

JR: Shocking or not, we really need to get the EMT’s out here to help. Mick is hurt, and hurt badly.

Lita helped Edge to the back slowly, the pain etched on his blood soaked face. EMT’s rushed down to the ring to check on Foley, who hadn’t moved at all. For the second time of the night, a performer was loaded onto the stretcher as the crowd rose to their feet, giving Mick a standing ovation. The Chants of “Foley” and “Thank You, Mick” echoed throughout the arena. Foley managed to give a thumbs up to the crowd in attendance as the stretcher headed through the curtain.

+++

A video package is played in the arena showcasing the build-up to the following match, The WWE Championship match between John Cena and Triple H. The package includes clips from No Way Out, where Triple H defeated Edge and RVD to become Number One Contender, as well as the various confrontations between the two, including Hunter’s association with Tyson Tomko.

WWE Championship:

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/wwechampionship.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/cena-hhhwm22.jpg

John Cena © vs. Triple H

Highlights:

Howard Finkle made the introductions of both men as they stared a hole through each other. The crowd were red hot for this match, and the majority of the crowd were firmly in the corner of “The Game”. Cena, as always, managed to keep his composure. The crowd was the last thing on his mind as he was focused solely on keeping his WWE Championship. Triple H was very much the same, never taking his eyes of the champ.

The match started fairly slow, with both men feeling each other out, locking up before releasing the hold. The fans were really against Cena on this night, with “Cena Sucks” chants surrounding him. It may have got to him, as Triple H took the advantage in the early going. Hunter tried to keep Cena grounded, and used his experience to his advantage, seemingly toying with Cena whenever he tried to escape. Triple H found it hard to keep the smile off his face as he teased Cena, letting him get to his feet before taking him down again. The crowd loved it. But Hunter may have done it once too often, as Cena fought back, hitting Triple H with a huge Powerslam for a two count. The two men were pretty even from that point, with Cena clearly the stronger of the two, overpowering Triple H on a number of occasions. Cena sent Triple H to the outside with a big Clothesline. Cena looked to hit him with a baseball slide to the outside, but Hunter moved and hit him with a Spinebuster on the hard floor, eliciting a huge roar from the sold out Allstate Arena. Triple H threw Cena back into the ring to continue the punishment.

After the damage had been done on the outside, Triple H worked tirelessly on the back of Cena, hitting an assortment of devastating moves to the spine, including a brutal looking Backbreaker which only managed a two count. Hunter kept Cena on the mat when he locked in a Modified Camel Clutch, driving the knee into his back as he stretched him. Cena screamed out with the pain shooting through his body, but he managed to get to the ropes and break the hold. Despite the pain he was experiencing, Cena managed to fight back, hitting a huge Shoulder Tackle and following up with a Spinning Belly to Back Suplex. The crowd hurled abuse at Cena as he did his usual “You can’t see me” routine. But the crowd came alive when Triple H rose from the mat and delivered a High Knee to the face of the champ. He followed it up with Facebreaker with the Knee. Hunter attempted to follow it up with the Pedigree, But Cena managed to sweep the legs of Triple H before hitting a Slingshot, sending Hunter into the turnbuckle. He turned around and straight into the arms of Cena, who lifted Hunter onto his shoulders for the F-U. Triple H was able to slip out of the manoeuvre, and kicked Cena in the gut before delivering the Pedigree as the fans in Chicago went wild. Triple H made the cover. One...two...thre-no! Cena managed to get his shoulder off the mat at the last split second. The crowd were not happy, with “Bull****” chants ringing in the ears of the WWE Champion.

Things were about to get a whole lot worse for John Cena, as Tyson Tomko slowly made his way to ringside. Triple H was still fuming having not been able to put Cena away. Triple H resorted to another tactic, locking an Inverted Indian Death Lock on Cena, a move that Hunter hadn’t used in quite some time. Cena screamed out in agony as the pain shot through his legs. He crawled and scraped, but eventually he managed to get to the ropes. Hunter couldn’t believe it. He called out to Tomko, who raced around to the Time Keepers area and grabbed a steel chair. He handed the weapon to Triple H, who turned around....straight into the arms of John Cena, who lifted him up and delivered the F-U. The crowd were going insane as Cena made the cover for the one...two...thre-NO! Triple H kicked out, much to the relief of the crowd in Chicago. Cena slowly rose to his feet, where Tomko had snuck in, ready to deliver the Big Boot. Cena managed to duck it and lifted Tomko up to deliver an F-U to the big man. But Cena never saw Triple H rise to his feet. He planted the boot into Cena’s gut, looking to hit another Pedigree. Cena somehow managed to fight his way out and lift Hunter onto his shoulders yet again. Hunter escaped the F-U and hit the ropes, only to fall victim to a Drop Toe Hold before Cena locked in the STFU. The crowd were livid, willing Hunter to get to the ropes. Triple H clawed his way towards the ropes, and was so close to breaking the submission before Cena dragged him back to the centre of the ring. Hunter held on for what seemed like an age, but eventually the pain was too much, and he tapped out, allowing Cena to retain his WWE Championship as the crowd showered the ring with trash.

Winner, and STILL WWE Champion: John Cena

JR: CENA DID IT. After all the talk, all the bad blood, all the hype, Cena manages to walk out of Chicago as the WWE Champion.

Lawler: We’ll, Cena is a pretty controversial champion as you can see by the crowd reaction here, but they can’t deny that Cena deserved the win here tonight.

Cena celebrated in the ring with his title belt as the fans continued to hurl abuse and trash at the champ.

+++

The Animal arrives:

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/wwe/batistappv.jpg

A hummer is seem driving into the parking lot of the arena. The door opens and out steps...”The Animal” Batista. The crowd go wild as he takes off his shades and walks into the arena.

Cole: We haven’t seen Batista in months. What is he doing here, Tazz?

Tazz: How the hell do I know? I’m as clueless as you. OK, maybe not THAT clueless but still, good to see “The Animal” here at Wrestlemania.

+++

WWE Tag Team Championship:

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/wwetagteam.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/londrick-mnmwm22.jpg

MNM © vs. Paul London and Brian Kendrick

Highlights:

London and Kendrick made their way to the ring wearing MNM’s Tag Team Titles, which they stole on the last edition of Smackdown. Mercury and Nitro were less than pleased as they headed to the ring, Melina practically screaming at London and Kendrick to hand back HER property.

London and Kendrick were clearly the quicker of the two teams, and they showcased that in the early going, running circles around the champs. Kendrick was on top form in this match, wearing Mercury and Nitro out with his speed, and almost getting an early victory when he hit Mercury with the Tornado DDT. However Johnny Nitro was able to make the save for his team. Kendrick tagged in London, and it was more of the same, with London outpacing MNM at every point. London connected with a Dropsault on Nitro for a close two. But the champs managed to take control after a stiff kick to the gut by Nitro followed by a Snap Suplex for a two count. The action was back and forth for the remainder of the match, with neither team fully gaining the advantage. That is until Melina tripped London from the outside, allowing Nitro to hit a Reverse DDT on the challenger before hitting a Standing Star Press. Nitro went for the cover, but it was quickly broken up by Brian Kendrick. The challengers got serious after that, using an array of double team moves on their opponents. The crowd rose to their feet when London launched himself off of Kendrick’s back and landed on both Mercury and Nitro on the outside with a Somersault plancha.

The match returned to the ring, where it seemed we would crown new champions when London went for the London’s Calling on Nitro. But Mercury pulled him out of harm’s way, sending him crash landing to the mat. Kendrick attempted to intervene, but he was grabbed around the ankles by Melina, pulling him from the ring apron and driving his head into it. This gave Nitro and Mercury all the time in the world to lift London up and deliver the Snapshot. Nitro made the cover on London for the three count, picking up the victory for the champs.

Winners, and STILL WWE Tag Team Champions: MNM

Tazz: Big win for the champs there, but I gotta admit, it was a close call.

Cole: The way I see it, we would have had new Tag Team Champions had it not been for Melina.

Tazz: And I’m sure the folks at home really care about your opinion, Cole.

+++

MAIN EVENT:

A video package is played hyping up the Main Event of the evening, the World Heavyweight Championship match between Kurt Angle and Rey Mysterio. The video highlights Mysterio’s Royal Rumble win and Angles title victory at New Years Revolution. It also highlights the friendship between the two and how it eventually lead to Angle assaulting is one time friend.

Finkle: The following contest is scheduled for one fall, and it is for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. At this time may I introduce the special Guest Timekeeper for this contest, “The Animal” BATISTA.

The crowd erupted as Batista made his way to the ring, the pyro exploding behind him. His arm was still in a sling, but the smile was evident on his face. He was clearly glad to be back, even if it was for one night only. Batista took his seat at the time keepers desk, ready for the next contest.

Rey was the first to make his way to the ring, as he slapped hands with the fans. Rey had a spring in his step, clearly ready to do battle with the champ.

Kurt Angle was out next to a mixed reaction. His eyes were cold as he headed towards the ring. He stepped through the ropes and looked deep into the eyes of Mysterio as Howard Finkle made the introductions.

Finkle: Introducing first, the challenger. From San Diego, California. Weighing in at 135 pounds, REY MYSTERIO.

The fans cheered wildly for the master of the 619 as Mysterio raised his arms to acknowledge the fans.

Finkle: And his opponent. From Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Weighing in at 240 pounds, he is the WWE World Heavyweight Champion, KURT ANGLE.

The reaction was once again very mixed, but Angle didn’t even notice, his gaze firmly on Rey Mysterio. The bell rang, and the match was on.

WWE World Heavyweight Championship:

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/Worldheavyweight.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/angle-reywm22.jpg

Highlights:

You could cut the tension with a knife as these two former allies stared across the ring at each other, neither man intimidated. The two finally locked up, and Kurt decided to try to embarrass Rey, outwrestling him at every turn, taking him down to the mat before slapping him around the head as the fans gave him another mixed reaction. Kurt wasn’t interested in what the fans thought, continuing to try and embarrass Mysterio. But Rey managed to evade Kurt at one point, nailing a dropkick to the back, setting him up for the 619 and almost getting the early upset, but Kurt was too smart, bailing from the ring to compose himself. Rey had a fairly positive response from the crowd, and he fed on that energy as he hit a Suicide Dive through the ropes onto Angle. But in a fantastic manoeuvre, Angle managed to catch Rey and drill him with an Overhead Belly to Belly Suplex on the floor, eliciting a painful groan from the crowd. Angle returned to the ring and began taunting the crowd as Mysterio re-entered the ring.

Kurt’s amateur background has always been the definitive weapon in his arsenal, and on this night it was no different, trying to keep the high flying Mysterio on the ground, particularly working on the legs of the challenger, working a Knee Bar on his opponent for several minutes. Rey managed to muster up enough energy to free himself from Angles grasp. He went to work with forearms to the face before hitting a Tilt-A-Whirl Hurricanrana for a close two count. Mysterio went for a Hurricanrana on the champ once again, but Angle managed to reverse it and hit a sickening Powerbomb into the turnbuckle. Rey seemed to be in genuine pain as Angle made the cover. One...two...NO! It would take a lot more than that to take out the gutsy Mysterio. And Kurt planned to test Rey’s limits, hitting him with 4 brutal German Suplex’s, the last one seemingly landing Mysterio on his head and neck. Angle was still unable to get the win as he made the cover. The crowd were really getting behind the underdog, but Kurt was determined to smash their dreams when he hit yet ANOTHER German Suplex for another close two count. Angle was getting pissed, and decided now was as good a time as any to end it. He stalked his prey, waiting for him to rise to his feet before attempting to hit the Angle Slam. Rey managed to reverse it into an Arm Drag. Angle charged, but Rey managed to pull off a Float over DDT. He then headed to the apron before taking flight and nailing Angle with a Springboard Legdrop as the fans got behind the challenger. He made the cover, but was only able to manage a two count.

Mysterio actually managed to get the upper hand at this point, using his speed advantage against the mat based Angle, although he wasn’t nearly as fast as he had been before Angle went to work on the legs. Mysterio was wearing Angle out with his speed, springing off the ropes with a Crossbody for a two count. Mysterio continued to outpace Angle. That is until he sprang from the top rope and was caught in a Belly to Belly Suplex. Angle quickly went for the Ankle and locked in the Ankle Lock. Mysterio never saw it coming and struggled to get to the ropes. Rey got close to getting the rope break, but Angle managed to drag him back to the centre of the ring. Many thought that this was the end for Rey, but Mysterio managed to kick Angle off of him. But Angle was kicked straight into the path of Official Charles Robinson, knocking him to the floor.

With the official knocked out on the mat, Angle decided to take advantage, heading outside and grabbing a steel chair. But he was stopped in his tracks by Batista, who grabbed the chair. The two struggled with the weapon until Angle hit a low blow on “The Animal”, sending him to his knees. Angle swung the chair as hard as he could, crashing the steel into the skull of Batista. Batista was laid out on the floor, blood pouring from his head. Angle didn’t waste any more time in getting into the ring. But he was met with a dropkick by Mysterio, sending the steel chair into his head. Mysterio hit another dropkick to the spine of the Heavyweight Champion, sending him into the ropes. Mysterio “dialled it up”, delivering the 619 to Angle. The fans were on their feet as Mysterio headed to the top rope. Mysterio pointed to the sky before taking flight, hitting Angle with the Frog Splash. Charles Robinson was slow to make the count after being knocked out, but he managed to get there in time. One...two...thre-ANGLE KICKS OUT.

Mysterio held his head in his hands in shock, unsure of what else he could do. Mysterio headed to the apron once more and waited for Angle to rise to his feet. With the champ now standing, Mysterio went for a Springboard Hurricanrana, but angle somehow managed to convert it into an Ankle Lock. Rey struggled to escape this time, getting close to the ropes. But Angle decided to put an end to it, dragging Mysterio into the centre of the ring and locking the Ankle Lock in firmly with the grapevine. Rey had nowhere to go, and after holding on as long as he could, he had no choice but to tap. However, the official hadn’t seen it, as he had been dragged to the outside by an angry Batista, who got into the ring and broke up the submission with a boot to the head of Angle. Batista fought as well as he could, but with his arm in a sling, it was an easy target for Angle to go for, attacking the injured body part before hitting an Angle slam on “The Animal”. But the crowd came alive when Angle was hit with another dropkick into the ropes by Mysterio, followed by a 619. The crowd exploded as Mysterio got onto the apron. He launched himself onto the ropes and landed on Angle with a Springboard Frog Splash. Charles Robinson slowly crawled back into the ring as Mysterio hooked the leg. One...two...THREE. Rey Mysterio has finally realised his dream, becoming World Heavyweight Champion as the crowd in Chicago come unglued.

Winner, and NEW World Heavyweight Champion: Rey Mysterio

Cole: HE DID IT. After years of being told he’d never make it, after years of being told he was too small to be a world champion, Rey Mysterio has won the World Heavyweight Championship on the biggest stage in the world. Rey Mysterio is World Heavyweight Champion, and he did it right here at Wrestlemania.

Tazz: Listen to this crowd, Cole. They are going nuts.

Even with the mask, you could see the tears in the eyes of Rey Mysterio as Charles Robinson handed him the Heavyweight Title. Mysterio was on his knees as he looked down at his newly won belt. The emotion became too much for Mysterio, as he made his way into the crowd, where his fans were waiting for him as the pyro went off in the arena.

Cole: Ladies and Gentleman, we have made history here tonight. This is surely a night that none of us will ever forget. From myself, my broadcast partner Tazz, as well as Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler, thank you for joining us here tonight. Good night folks.

The last image of Wrestlemania 22 is of Rey Mysterio being held on the shoulders of the Chicago crowd, his World Heavyweight Title held high in the air.

+++

Results:

Dark Matches:

Goldust over Aaron Stevens B-

Finlay over Stevie Richards C+

Main Show:

Rob Van Dam wins Money in the Bank C+

Cade and Murdoch over Kane and Big Show to win World Tag Team Titles C

Booker T over Bobby Lashley C

Randy Orton over Chris Benoit to win United States Championship B

Super Crazy over Gregory Helms and Jamie Noble to win Cruiserweight Title C

Undertaker over John Bradshaw Layfield A