TEW2010 Developer's Journal Discussion

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm. In TEW08 I've never been comfortable with using randomly generated characters. I've far preferred to use 'real' C-Verse dudes. With the Dojo system (and regeneration) it seems these random folks are going to be more integral to the world. May force a different way of thinking.

I hope BSC has a dojo. Vaguely teaching hot girls how to roll around in pudding.

I love these two entries, it makes the Dojo act like the Training Camps in EWR, which was always fun to recieve a bunch of graduates onto your roster, now with the added bonus of being able to refuse them rather than feeling guilty by welcoming them on your roster, only to fire them for not being good :)

Dojos are going to be great for Cult or smaller sized Japanese promotions due to the Loyalty setting as the guys that are 25 or under become automaticly Loyal to you (I'm guessing it's the same in TEW2010, could be wrong though). A great way to get new stars just for your promotion. :)

I love this feature - possibly my favourite of those introduced so far. This is exactly what I was asking for a while back.

Does every dojo currently in '08 have a promotion equivalent? I know that TCW, NOTBPW (House of Stone) and MAW (MA Boot Camp) would all presumably be linked to feds... but what about the others?

Does every dojo currently in '08 have a promotion equivalent? I know that TCW, NOTBPW (House of Stone) and MAW (MA Boot Camp) would all presumably be linked to feds... but what about the others?

There's the DeColt Power House for CGC.

In 08' I set Akira Taue to debut in May of 1983, then I also set him to graduate from the All Japan dojo at that time(future graduate). His dojo graduation DID show up in his title history, but in TEW2010 would that give me first dibs on Taue? If so this feature is great, because every time I play All Japan, New Japan NEVER signs any of the young guys that go through it's system, so I have to force their foreign talent contracts to expire, and increase the stats/overness on the young guys just so New Japan will take a look at them.

In 08' I set Akira Taue to debut in May of 1983, then I also set him to graduate from the All Japan dojo at that time(future graduate). His dojo graduation DID show up in his title history, but in TEW2010 would that give me first dibs on Taue? If so this feature is great, because every time I play All Japan, New Japan NEVER signs any of the young guys that go through it's system, so I have to force their foreign talent contracts to expire, and increase the stats/overness on the young guys just so New Japan will take a look at them.

The entry is pretty clear that if a worker graduates from a dojo linked to a promotion that the promotion has first dibs on the worker. So yes, you'll get dibs if you are playing as them, or the AI will if you aren't playing as them. :)

General post to others, not all dojos are linked to promotions in real life... so I'd assume that the same will be true of the Cornellverse.

This will help make historical mods more accurate by forcing certain promotions to at least take a look at certain workers.

For example, by setting all the Stone brothers to graduate from the House of Stone, then when NOTBPW debuts (and thus the Stones) there's a good chance they'll be hired on by NOTBPW instead of scattering to the wind.

Hopefully we'll be able to set a Hiring Rule so certain promotions will give preferential treatment to their dojo grads over "outside" talent. That way the Japanese feds (and someone like WCW with their Powerplant) will use their First Refusal option for that talent and build it up.

Probably yes and no. My guess is it'd be set up as an entertainment focus but I doubt you'll be able to set it so it only pumps out hot chicks :D

Surely there are dojos out there where the sole goal is to track down hot chicks and train them to wrestle.

Please?

I'm digging that the AI also has a look in as well. If my shot-in-the-dark wish of being able to debut promotions with workers contracted isn't realized the dojo system will be able to at least skew them towards the promotion.

(Hopefully we'll be able to link dojos to future promotions in such a case)

Hopefully we'll be able to set a Hiring Rule so certain promotions will give preferential treatment to their dojo grads over "outside" talent. That way the Japanese feds (and someone like WCW with their Powerplant) will use their First Refusal option for that talent and build it up.

Quoted for the truth.

Archived