The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

1 hour ago, Captain Kayfabe said:

I thought it was pretty good. Nothing extremely noteworthy or amazing though.

I'm confused about the booking decision in the 2/3 falls match with Apollo and Melo though. I know that it's predictable for those matches to always go to a third fall, but...

I just figured that it was a way for a guy who's already been the US and IC Champ to put over an NXT guy. I'm guessing there's a lot of respect or friendship or something...or Apollo's just being a company guy, and the idea is to build Melo to be the next big challenger to Bron Breakker and the NXT title.

St.T

23 hours ago, The Blonde Bomber said:

That Cody/Heyman promo was gold. I couldn’t keep my eyes off it. Such good talent. Cody such a pure face, Heyman such a sniveling heel. I hate how the Rumble and Mania are booked though. It’s so awkward to have a title defense in between them. They should just build to Mania from the Rumble.

Raw was a thoroughly solid show. I really enjoyed the Cody/Heyman stuff, the cage match, and the Edge/Beth-JD stuff. The two qualifiers were rather predictable, but they were still strong matches that showcased both of the Profits and Damian.

St.T

17 minutes ago, The Blonde Bomber said:

As much as I love the Bloodline stuff it really bothers me how they pretend the cameras not in front of them. It’s like they’re planning crimes while everyone’s watching them then they’re shocked they get arrested.

Did you see the end of the show? It was very much acknowledged by Heyman.

1 hour ago, Jaysin said:

Did you see the end of the show? It was very much acknowledged by Heyman.

I know that’s what bothered me. Because for the longest time we’ve just been accepting that we get to see what’s happening without acknowledgment. But now it’s acknowledged which makes the Usos look dumb for even trying to do thing hidden since it’s on goddamn camera.

2 hours ago, The Blonde Bomber said:

I know that’s what bothered me. Because for the longest time we’ve just been accepting that we get to see what’s happening without acknowledgment. But now it’s acknowledged which makes the Usos look dumb for even trying to do thing hidden since it’s on goddamn camera.

I mean that's been happening on wrestling tv for forever tho. 

I think both Usos are going to get kicked out or quit the Bloodline. I just hope Solo doesn't get lost in the shuffle 

On 2/11/2023 at 3:14 PM, The Blonde Bomber said:

It’s just too much of a slap in the face for me

To me, this has long been a part of willing suspension of disbelief, ever since they started having random stuff happen on Nitro backstage that we got to see because the cameras were there.

The closest to inexcusable is the acknowledgement piece. I hope that was just a one-off comment by Heyman of which we will never again speak. I'm okay with that.

St.T

• Like 1

19 hours ago, St. Templar said:

To me, this has long been a part of willing suspension of disbelief, ever since they started having random stuff happen on Nitro backstage that we got to see because the cameras were there.

The closest to inexcusable is the acknowledgement piece. I hope that was just a one-off comment by Heyman of which we will never again speak. I'm okay with that.

St.T

That's not bad. I mean, it's not GREAT, but I can suspend my disbelief.

The worst though is stuff like Kane's "May 19th" or when Ultimate Warrior was playing mind games with Hogan, appearing as a ghostly image in the mirror that only Hogan could see. Well, Hogan, and the announce team, but not Eric Bischoff who was standing right next to the Hulkster.

5 hours ago, Matt_Black said:

That's not bad. I mean, it's not GREAT, but I can suspend my disbelief.

The worst though is stuff like Kane's "May 19th" or when Ultimate Warrior was playing mind games with Hogan, appearing as a ghostly image in the mirror that only Hogan could see. Well, Hogan, and the announce team, but not Eric Bischoff who was standing right next to the Hulkster.

No, I agree completely. And I'm the first to admit that there are definite times when wrestling promotions could do a bit more to help us reasonably suspend out disbelief rather than making it harder.

(I always thought that the Warrior in the mirror stuff would have made more sense if Hulk was alone when he saw the image, and the commentators never said anything and just let the backstage "skit" play out. Then, when Bischoff walked in and asked what was up with Hulk, the image of Warrior would have been gone. That makes it look like Warrior's driving Hogan nuts, and nobody else, except the audience, has the least clue about what's going on with him.)

St.T

• Like 1