The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

So with RVD's latest interview in the Sun it seems he is quite open to returning full time or at least more interested then before now that his wife has beat her illness. Although RVD is setting quite steep demands I think TNA could provide them. Ad to that the outside possibility of Jeff Hardy joining TNA would have a main 6 of AJ Styles, Daniels, Samoa Joe, Kurt Angle, RVD, Jeff Hardy with Lashley, Wolfe, Morgan and Hernandez as close to main event status.

Even if they only get RVD that is still a stellar top of the card imho.'

It would also provide extra imputus for keeping current E watchers or former wrestling watchers to keep tuning in to TNA if they start watching because of Hogan. Much like when Hall and Nash arrived. Now all they need is a stellar storyline and they are golden. Even without a stellar storyline but just keeping the good form they have been showing of late they could really see growth.

If rvd would join it would be an intresting fit. I don't think he could work the x style any more. His body has broken down over the years but i don't know if i could see him as a main event guy in tna either. I would prefere him putting over guys like styles and daniales and maybe even red and homicide. Guys like hogan and flair if he comes in are not going to build anyone i don't think. They need a guy like rvd who has name crediblity to build up younger guys. I think he is somone that would do it.

If RVD and Jeff Hardy join TNA I think that those two would both win the TNA title within the first year being there to give them a boost to help build the youngs up as bing big stars in the eyes of the causal fans. Those are two names alot of people know. Hogan and flair would be GM's of sort to have big star power on the show without them having to be in matches to bring in the kids parents that know who those two are.

I didn't see the PPV, however, I've given it a read on PWInsider.

Here are some thoughts of my own:

1) Scott Steiner beats Bobby Lashley? Yet, Bobby beat Samoa Joe last month... And then, Samoa Joe gets a title shot? If you were going to put Lashley over Joe... Then, theoretically based upon wrestling tradition, you would think that Lashley would go over Steiner. I've never been a big fan of Steiner, then again I don't like Lashley either, however, it just seemed a little odd.

2) I hear the Wolfe/Angle match was simply amazing... Which is awesome to hear! I really like the character that they have going for Wolfe thus far & it's smart to put him into a campaign with Angle straight out of the gate. This way, a guy who hasn't been seen much at all by mainstream wrestling fans gets a strong rub from a former champion. Also, it appears that TNA did something very special with this match... Well, maybe more so the performers than TNA itself.... however, They made a "new star" even though he lost the match! That's a major feat if you ask me! Lets just hope that they continue to develop him right and don't have him lose to Bobby Lashley next month or something. ha.

3) Good to see AJ Styles retain the title. I, along with many of you, feel that TNA really needs to bank on their own stars. Sure, using former WWE talent is smart to generate potential viewers who don't already consider themselves a "TNA Fan"... However, in the long run, TNA Has to develop their own identity if they ever want to truly compete with the WWE. (And I'm not saying... Outright challenge the Global power... But, at least to register some sense of a divide with wrestling fans). If they are able to develop their own identity through and through.... Push homegrown talent just as much as the WWE outcasts... Then there's a good chance that they could be a strong player in the future.

4) I think I remember hearing that Kevin Nash stole the "Global Championship" (formerly Legends Title) during the PPV due to a decree set by Hulk Hogan. If you ask me, what I would love to see is for TNA to drop the title all together. "The Legends" title would seem intersting IF it were competed within a division of "Legends"... ALSO... That that title was only defended maybe 3-4 times a year (as a special championship). However, with who has been able to grab it as of late... It's just another title thrown into the mix. With that being said, With a Tag Title... A women's title... X Division Title... ANd the Heavyweight Title.... I say either A) Drop the belt and hype the X Division title up yet again... or B) Keep the title, cement it as the next step from the Heavyweight title (Ie: IC Title), and then risk the possibility of de-valueing the X-Division Title due to another title being placed above it.

------------------------

Overall, It seemed like a great show. Sadly, I don't get to watch TNA all that much at this point since I work every thursday night (and don't have TiVo yet). So, most of my information comes from what I read. However, I would LOVE for TNA to pick up the ball and keep on running with it. The WWE has become too predictable... too "Showy" if you ask me.... I want a company that will give me ACTUAL Pro Wrestling... Where in-ring action is just as important as anything out of it... And characters flow in with a unique tone instead of everyone using the same "I'm a bad ass" mentality.

Hats off to TNA. Hopefully they can continue to move forward.

Man I am jealous wish I could have been there. And no more comments? Man this was a great ppv!

yeah boring/worst match was boring lashley vs steiner. The crowd was well a tna crowd. during matches the agents who put together the matches sat behind or beside dixie (D'Lo put together the main event and zrusso put together Wolfe vs Angle)

I must say that apart from some hiccups and Impact feeling to "crowded" at times TNA has really been on a roll since No Surrender, I really hope that this combined with true Hogan exposure and if they are smart increased marketing/branding expenditure will finally result in higher ratings/attendance/buyrates.

Eisen, you're forgiven for not knowing much about TNA so I'll just correct you. :)

With that being said, With a Tag Title

Two tag titles (TNA & IWGP)

... A women's title...

Two women's titles (Knockouts, Knockout Tag)

And I would venture a guess that D'Lo only made suggestions for the main event because AJ, Daniels, and Joe are extremely familiar with each other and each of them is capable of putting together an excellent match. Also, does anyone think Russo knows more about putting a top tier match together than Angle and McGuinness?

No, I think the credit should go to the people who were in the match. I think both matches were called in-ring, given the skills of the people involved.

Both where great Bigpapa I had 2 non wrestling fans in my room while watching it and even they where amazed and excited.

On related news Angle apparently hurt his back early in the match. So its incredible he delivered that kind of a performance under those circumstances.

In unrelated but also good news: No more Jethro Holliday! Man was that a useless signing or what? And could the news that Cade (, the talented one imho,) signed with the E be a coincidence?

Also TNA has some surveys up including where to bring their house shows which is smart marketing imho and who you tune in for to watch Impact and your fav Turning Point matches in case you saw it.

You know Remi will crucify you for saying that, right? :p

why would he he clarified with IMO and a smiley so its clearly an opinion. I would never make such a statement as I don't know and haven't seen all the current rosters in the world but that is just semantics. This guy is using hyperbole to express his pleasure while keeping polite by stating it as opinion and not fact or bashing competition so I am fine with it.

why would he he clarified with IMO and a smiley so its clearly an opinion. I would never make such a statement as I don't know and haven't seen all the current rosters in the world but that is just semantics. This guy is using hyperbole to express his pleasure while keeping polite by stating it as opinion and not fact or bashing competition so I am fine with it.

Nah, I totally understand it. I read it with the preface of 'of the two largest North American promotions...'. As evinced by a previous thread, Wrestling Century hasn't really seen much outside of the big two (correct me if I'm wrong) so I can't castigate anyone for judging based on what they've actually seen.

Well, I can (and I probably have), but that would make me wrong and an idiot (I have those moments....several times every week :p).

It's like someone saying 'Man, that new Lexus LS is the smoothest, most luxurious car in the world right now'. If they've never driven or ridden in a Maybach or Bentley or Rolls, you can't criticize them because they don't know those cars are gaudier and ridiculously luxurious for luxury's sake (I don't need my ass heated. It's warm enough. Thanks though! :p).

Nah, I totally understand it. I read it with the preface of 'of the two largest North American promotions...'. As evinced by a previous thread, Wrestling Century hasn't really seen much outside of the big two (correct me if I'm wrong) so I can't castigate anyone for judging based on what they've actually seen.

Well, I can (and I probably have), but that would make me wrong and an idiot (I have those moments....several times every week :p).

It's like someone saying 'Man, that new Lexus LS is the smoothest, most luxurious car in the world right now'. If they've never driven or ridden in a Maybach or Bentley or Rolls, you can't criticize them because they don't know those cars are gaudier and ridiculously luxurious for luxury's sake (I don't need my ass heated. It's warm enough. Thanks though! :p).

Yeah, I haven't really seen wrestling outside the big two. Although I have seen a bit of Chikara! :D Anyways, I mostly just like TNA better because it is almost just like WCW.

SPOLIER

MAIN EVENT for next months PPV

At the iMPACT! tapings tonight, the following match was announced:

* 2 out of 3 Falls Match: Kurt Angle vs. Desmond Wolfe

~ Fall Number One: Pinfall

~ Fall Number Two: Submission

~ Fall Number Three: Steel Cage