The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

I find it really odd that they have announced so little in terms of matches thus far. Really, announce a few PPV caliber matches and that alone could get a few fans to tune in. If you told me that they were going to do Wolfe-Angle again, then I might be more tempted to watch rather than PVR...

I agree, and if I were running things I'd have announced a few bigger matches too, but I think TNA are assuming that with that 1 hour they're running unopposed before RAW, they can throw in those big announcements for a theoretically bigger effect.

If expect a chock-a-block first hour, sparse on content, but jam-packed with promises.

I would say it reduces the chance of him showing up by 10 percent lolz. Still I am so on pins and needles and everyone watch Impact plz even if you are an E fan you know competition brings out the best in the E plus although Hart coming back will be great there will be no further surprises and when you record/dvr/tivo it you can skip all the usual crap apart from Bret. Personally I think long term RVD, Hardy and Kennedy could be good additions and glad the original BP will be back.

while wwe has the bret vince hbk fued

tna also have "real life" and real life fueds as well

hogan russo jarret angle jarret

Bubba the Love Sponge announced this evening on his Twitter account that he's joining TNA as the "new backstage guy" for iMPACT!.

He wrote: "watch spiketv(Monday)8pm est 4hulks return 2wrestling I'm the new backstage guy think I'm on a total of 4x Please tell everybody u know."

you have got to be kidding me, hogan is turning tna into a bigger joke than tna is

Although I wouldnt be surprised if RVD shows. Unless he is offered a contract he couldnt refuse the guy will never work for TNA or WWE again. He is burnt out and just doesnt have the passion for Wrestling anymore and has said he only works for the money now.

Jeff Hardy will not show up on Impact. WWE didnt even want the guy to leave. Why would he want to piss off the company that will take him back with open arms in a heatbeat and would offer him alot more but then again this is Jeff Hardy :rolleyes:

Atleast TNA and Hogan have got the IWC talking weather alot of them will watch is the question.

Loved CM Punk ripping on Hogan lol

Bubba the Love Sponge announced this evening on his Twitter account that he's joining TNA as the "new backstage guy" for iMPACT!.

He wrote: "watch spiketv(Monday)8pm est 4hulks return 2wrestling I'm the new backstage guy think I'm on a total of 4x Please tell everybody u know."

you have got to be kidding me, hogan is turning tna into a bigger joke than tna is

Hes prolly blowing it out of proportion. More likely he is seen backstage in 4 shots. He is not the backstage interviewer.

Much like when you saw D'Amore and Russo et al when Jarret stepped out of the car on his return to the zone.

Although I wouldnt be surprised if RVD shows. Unless he is offered a contract he couldnt refuse the guy will never work for TNA or WWE again. He is burnt out and just doesnt have the passion for Wrestling anymore and has said he only works for the money now.

Jeff Hardy will not show up on Impact. WWE didnt even want the guy to leave. Why would he want to piss off the company that will take him back with open arms in a heatbeat and would offer him alot more but then again this is Jeff Hardy :rolleyes:

Atleast TNA and Hogan have got the IWC talking weather alot of them will watch is the question.

Loved CM Punk ripping on Hogan lol

Hogan is apparently going to reply among other things on the same show that's why the link was up again as this happened quite a while back.

Never mind that Jeff already went to TNA for three years, and WWE welcomed him back, and gave him a lot of Main Event exposure / Title runs?

Never mind that Jeff already went to TNA for three years, and WWE welcomed him back, and gave him a lot of Main Event exposure / Title runs?

Different situations. The first time, WWE fired Jeff. WWE didn't want him, so Jeff went elsewhere. He can't be blamed for that. This time, Jeff left of his own accord, on good terms, and he's given the impression that when he's ready he'll come back to WWE. Showing up in TNA now will be a slap in the face of Vince McMahon, whereas before it wasn't.

Also, TNA weren't competition then. With Hogan and the Monday Night trial, they... well they're closer than ever before.

Different situations. The first time, WWE fired Jeff. WWE didn't want him, so Jeff went elsewhere. He can't be blamed for that. This time, Jeff left of his own accord, on good terms, and he's given the impression that when he's ready he'll come back to WWE. Showing up in TNA now will be a slap in the face of Vince McMahon, whereas before it wasn't.

Also, TNA weren't competition then. With Hogan and the Monday Night trial, they... well they're closer than ever before.

Still strikes me as a valid point. Jeff is rather a mercurial personality. It wouldn't at all surprise me for him to show up in TNA and only recognize the consequences later. Don't see any reason to EXPECT Jeff Hardy back in TNA so that part would surprise me. But speaking figuratively, it would hardly be the first time he leaped before he looked.

Jeff is in a better position with WWE now to when he left back in 2003. He looked overweight, Drugged up and was very sloppy in the ring. He had a very bad match with AJ Styles and who has a bad match with AJ?

I wouldn't be too quick to judge this. Even if he is a backstage interviewer or personality the guy is a pretty charismatic dude. Plus he has some name value, and a decent listening audience...who's to say he couldnt get a few thousand listeners to tune in.

I would say it reduces the chance of him showing up by 10 percent lolz. Still I am so on pins and needles and everyone watch Impact plz even if you are an E fan you know competition brings out the best in the E plus although Hart coming back will be great there will be no further surprises and when you record/dvr/tivo it you can skip all the usual crap apart from Bret. Personally I think long term RVD, Hardy and Kennedy could be good additions and glad the original BP will be back.

Behind you 100%. Even if you don't like TNA. Its only for 1 week and if they do good, things could get interesting for once. ;)

I wasn't all that excited when Hogan joined TNA but I gotta tell you I'm getting excited about tonight. Just to see what TNA does when their trying their hardest. Tonight to me is TNA giving me their best shot. I'll DVR RAW and watch TNA. If their gonna be something they got tonight to show me. I don't need a thousand new guys debuting I just need a cliffhanger something to get me interested and keep me interested going into next week.

I wasn't all that excited when Hogan joined TNA but I gotta tell you I'm getting excited about tonight. Just to see what TNA does when their trying their hardest. Tonight to me is TNA giving me their best shot. I'll DVR RAW and watch TNA. If their gonna be something they got tonight to show me. I don't need a thousand new guys debuting I just need a cliffhanger something to get me interested and keep me interested going into next week.

If you like WRESTLING then you should watch TNA tonight and DVR RAW. That way TNA can get at least a 1.0 for the 3 hours and maybe drop RAW under a 3.0.

That would get Vince's attention and we might get more WRESTLING and less "entertainment".

Well first of all I don't have a ratings box so it don't matter what I watch I'm not included in the Nielson ratings.

Second of all I love a blend of entertainment and wrestling. 97 WCW, 2000 WWF, those are two of my favorite period of times in wrestling history and you had a blend of both.

I'll be watching TNA tonight and tonight only. If they spend the show trying to recreate 1997 with the nWo, Foley, Flair, etc. I won't be watching again. If they spend the show mixing those guys in with treating guys like AJ Styles, Joe, Desmond Wolfe and others like the big deal that they are and combine that with an interesting story that keeps me hooked till next week then I'll watch 'em again.

Well I am sure everybody on here knows where I stand on this, I will be watching TNA. The WWF just has not offered anything to me for a long time. In fact, I haven't been a hardcore WWF fan since the early 90's because I have always felt that Vince insults my intelligence (or lack thereof).

If you like WRESTLING then you should watch TNA tonight and DVR RAW. That way TNA can get at least a 1.0 for the 3 hours and maybe drop RAW under a 3.0.

That would get Vince's attention and we might get more WRESTLING and less "entertainment".

I don't see any logic at all in that statement...? If TNA does get a big rating then it's going to be credited as being because of Hogan - logically that's going to make TNA focus more on him, so you're going to get LESS wrestling, at least from them. How is that going to encourage more focus on in-ring action from the WWE? If anything, it'd encourage less as historically they will simply focus more on their big name stars.

My logic for choosing to watch Raw tonight and PVR Impact is this - as much as I would like to see TNA succeed, I just don't expect them to. As much as I want to see them get better (what I consider "better", at least), I don't have faith that they will. For over a year now, they have had to as a regular Thursday night viewer simply be default - rarely was there something else on I wanted to see. I've found Impact to be up-and-down during that period, much as I have found most WWE program to be. But not once did TNA manage to intrigue me to the point of buying a PPV. I will if they give eme enough reason to, but not so far. But if TNA wants to go up against WWE and try to be legit competition, as they are tonight, then they have to entice me. They have to give me a reason to watch. And what they have offered up so far does not. I am more eager to see Bret Hart in the WWE than Hulk Hogan in TNA. The matches that TNA has announced thus far do not intigue me moreso than what the WWE is likely to offer. The rumored and likely "surprised" don't really intrigue me. And moreso, I fully expect the 3 hours to be about 40 minutes of wrestling and 2 hours and 20 minute sof angles, about 50 of which will center around Hogan, Foley, or both. No free rides, and TNA just hasn't done enough to make me want to watch it over the WWE at this point.

Ummm...no

Along with what Adam said, I would like to point out that most episodes of Impact do not actually feature that much "wrestling." The matches are just as short as the matches you'd see on Raw.

Now, the TNA workers do work a much faster paced, indy-hustle style of match. But the matches are still rarely longer than 5-10 minutes.

TNA has been going farther towards a SE style for years; short matches on TV with tons of angles and storyline building towards big payoff matches on PPV. If you prefer TNAs style over the WWEs style of ring work that's sort of a separate issue.

So if TNA pops a good number tonight, don't expect them to change and start featuring more wrestling.

Peter is right.

That said, I do prefer the TNA style. Even beyond the indy style guys, all of their workers have more freedom in their matches. I hate the formulaic style that WWE has become. Match quality doesn't even matter.

Totally agree. TNA's workers are definitely more distinct in the ring.

I'm sure if you asked the WWE however, they'd defend their style as being safer and more predictable which is a big plus because of the amount of shows their performers have to work.

Also, the predictable style and cookie cutter characters are always going to be a by-product of the type of developmental system they use.

It used to be fun to say things like "man it would be great to see so-and-so really cut loose" and work outside of the WWE style. But honestly, so many guys are brought up straight through the WWE system that they just may not be able to "cut loose."

(Another unfortunate by-product of the lack of opportunities outside the E)

Outside of the ROH guys, there's not many young workers on the WWEs roster that I think could work anything besides a WWE style punch-kick-rest hold-finisher-finisher-near fall-finisher-pin main event match.

I have been watching the old tna ppv's from the begginning again and to be honest they have moved so far from what they were. Short backstage segments and a few "long" interviews but it was all about the matches. Right now a good long match on impact is ten minutes....wolf vs daniles ended in a time limit draw after ten min.......remember that one?

I do enjoy tna but i don't expect anything more from them then i do from wwe. They are both sports entertainment companys........i don't go to them for wrestling.