The GreyDog Community Project

Hello everybody.

This is something I posted on the diary preview thread and think it would be something worth pursuing.

So I had an idea but not sure how viable it is or whether people would be interested. Basically its a relay diary. Somebody starts a game using whatever mod and writes the first show. They then pass the results of the second show onto somebody else who the writes the second show and so on. Perhaps it could be a watcher type diary to avoid any booking arguements. I think it would be a great community project and would showcase the wide range of styles of writing we have. No two shows would be the same. Plus nobody has to commit beyond one show. Id be more than happy to start the ball rolling and do the majority of legwork but only if there is a genuine interest from at least five or more of you. Let me know what you guys think!

So if people are interested please either PM me or post in here. This is a total democracy so majority rules on everything. The first major decision to make I guess would be whether this should be real world or CVerse or any other kind of mod or time period. As a real world writer myself, my suggestion would be to do a real world diary...but perhaps with a new promotion that we create? Perhaps we could all chose like 5-10 modern day wrestlers we would like to see in a promotion and the most popular guys make the cut? Like I say this is just an idea and everybody is welcome and encouraged to make their own suggestions.

I'm sure between us we could make this something special! Look forward to your feedback guys and gals!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I could see myself doing the occassional show, yeah..but how would we decide who does the next show? Maybe just set the list via order of entry, and take turns going down it?

Yeah thats a good idea mate, would stop any arguements for sure. Glad to shave you on board Zeel!

Yeah thats a good idea mate, would stop any arguements for sure. Glad to shave you on board Zeel!

I can shave myself without much trouble, but thanks for offering. :p

So right now it'd be,

1. BoomKing

2. Zeel1

3. foolinc

Given the Diary Preview thread response, I wouldn't think we'd have much trouble meeting the 5-writer-quota.

On the fence. A community project sounds cool, and chiming in with a 'Self-style' episode could have good novelty value. Real world really doesn't do much for me, but who knows? I'll read, and if something strikes my fancy maybe I'll get involved down the line.

I promise I'll shave anybody who contributes to this...for free!

I'm in.

As for what promotion we do, how about a fed from the World of Immortals mod. Gives us the creativity of the C-Verse because of it's fictional nature, but it uses "real world" workers.

Great idea sir. I officially endorse this suggestion!

You know, it occurs to me that with vets like BK and foolinc, and Self if he does join, working on the project, that joining in would be a great way for rookie writers to get themselves some exposure..this diary could be a Star Maker, and I ain't talking Troy Tornado. :p

On the fence. A community project sounds cool, and chiming in with a 'Self-style' episode could have good novelty value. Real world really doesn't do much for me, but who knows? I'll read, and if something strikes my fancy maybe I'll get involved down the line.

Hopefully this is what will make this interesting, anybody can join in at any time. Hopefully people will read and want to get involved as this thing evolves.

Hopefully this is what will make this interesting, anybody can join in at any time. Hopefully people will read and want to get involved as this thing evolves.

Right, it could be cool for those that read a certain diary's storyline and think, "Oooh, I've got a great idea for how this could go!", they could actually put that to use..

Right, it could be cool for those that read a certain diary's storyline and think, "Oooh, I've got a great idea for how this could go!", they could actually put that to use..

yeah, and on the opposite side of that, people will only have to commit to one show. You can give it a go and if you don't want to carry on then thats fine.

I to would like to join, but want to sit it out to wait and see how it goes.

Could understand that, myself I think there'd be a lot of pressure on the first (or first few) ones to post a show, as they're setting the baseline stories for everyone else to build upon.

Could understand that, myself I think there'd be a lot of pressure on the first (or first few) ones to post a show, as they're setting the baseline stories for everyone else to build upon.

Well what do people think? Should we let the computer decide the matches and results and we write up the results, or should we book it ourselves and just feed off each others shows?

Well what do people think? Should we let the computer decide the matches and results and we write up the results, or should we book it ourselves and just feed off each others shows?

I say that we book it all. Lord knows my strengths don't include match write ups. Without storylines and promos, I'd be sunk. :o

Besides I think between you, Zeel, and me we can set up a pretty solid base for the rest of the diary. I would also be cool with you running the first number of shows to set everything up for Zeel and me to derail. ;)

Oh no, I wasn't saying we shouldn't feed off each others shows, that's the coolest part of this concept, in my view. I was just saying that there would be some pressure for those that start it off, as if the first shows and set of feuds suck, then that would make it a bit tough to get things going from there. But with me, you and foolinc starting it out, I don't think there's much cause for concern there.

Hopefully it would be kind of ever evolving, just run unchained storylines and let people be brought in and out as and when. Everybody has their favourites. I guess the goal would be to put on kick ass shows rather than worry about whose over and what not.

I could write a show if it was C-Verse.

If not then I wouldn't, for me it is near impossible to book a real world worker without doing his real character.

And then you'd have to ask, what promotion?

I'd say we should make a "super-promotion"

With some of the most over wrestlers, some of the most talented wrestlers and some of the biggest characters.

I could write a show if it was C-Verse.

If not then I wouldn't, for me it is near impossible to book a real world worker without doing his real character.

And then you'd have to ask, what promotion?

I'd say we should make a "super-promotion"

With some of the most over wrestlers, some of the most talented wrestlers and some of the biggest characters.

This is the charm of the WoI mod. They are all Super Feds. We really can't go wrong with one of those feds.

I love you, BoomKing. I think this is a brilliant diea. Obviously I'm not great with being able to do a diary when people are expecting it (see FMTA, Titnas...) but I bloody love this idea. I can't guarantee that i will be up able to do a show, but I would love to get invovled with it. Consider me a "probably".

Thanks for the continued support with this guys. Its cool for so many of my favourite writers to express their interest, and I'm sure the endorsement of the likes of Keef, Mystery and Jaded will encourage others to jump in too! I appreciate that nobody wants to commit jsut yet, but let me reiterate, I think that the beauty lies in the fact that people can jump in whenever they want, whenever they have a bit of spare time or a want to get involved.

I understand that there may be a split between people who want to run a real world mod and those who want to keep it C-verse. So perhaps to avoid alienating people who may want to get involved, how would people feel about running one of each? Or should we just stick to one? Are there any objections to running this with the WotI mod? If not, do people want to start suggesting a promotion? Like I say I want to make sure that everybody gets a say here. A persons a person, no matter how small!

Archived