Ring Of Honor DVDs

Acidburned

I watched ROH when it was on the fight network/wrestling channel in the UK, when the channel ended I didn't watch wrestling much for awhile. I then started watching TNA and a bit of WWE, I have wanted to get a few DVDs for awhile now and have got a bit of cash to spend. Thought I might as well start at the beginning, I also loved watching the bumps that Special K would take so would love to get some DVDs of it to watch. I guess I am getting a bit sick of the entertainment and want some more in ring wrestling, wouldn't mind some CZW but do not have a clue where to start lol.

I watched ROH when it was on the fight network/wrestling channel in the UK, when the channel ended I didn't watch wrestling much for awhile. I then started watching TNA and a bit of WWE, I have wanted to get a few DVDs for awhile now and have got a bit of cash to spend. Thought I might as well start at the beginning, I also loved watching the bumps that Special K would take so would love to get some DVDs of it to watch.

A lot of early ROH isn't that good is why I asked. If anything I would suggest the Milestone Series as a better starting point. Mush higher quality under cards then what early ROH will give you. Plus a very fun storyline is going on at the time.

Starting from the beginning is a heck of an ambition. That's what I originally wanted to do, but in the end, I just started picking and choosing which shows I'd like to have. Also, I always thought ROH's weak point was their shipping prices - guess I've just been spoiled by DVD Empire's free shipping - but ROH has some awesome sales, if you'll keep an eye out for those.

:cool:

I started from day one with roh a while ago also......it was not the best way to start as there early stuff was..........well you could tell they were indy. All the "paid travel" contract matches got a little much. They did show what it was like to be an indy wrestler though and that was intresting.

I started from day one with roh a while ago also......it was not the best way to start as there early stuff was..........well you could tell they were indy. All the "paid travel" contract matches got a little much. They did show what it was like to be an indy wrestler though and that was intresting.

Haha I forgot about those matches.

Though to be fair I kind of liked them in concept, that is one thing that the WWE does wrong in trying to present everyone as a superstar. They would have you think these guys spend all their time hanging out in mansions and riding in limos.

But I agree, early ROH wasn't the best. They had some good matches but it was a lot more spot-monkey oriented and cheap looking during the early days of the Feinstein era.

A lot of early ROH isn't that good is why I asked. If anything I would suggest the Milestone Series as a better starting point. Mush higher quality under cards then what early ROH will give you. Plus a very fun storyline is going on at the time.

I wondered why you asked, I didn't watch any ROH from after Samoa Joes title reign as that was around the time I didn't have the wrestling channel. After reading about some later shows I might start further on. I am interested mostly in the CZW Vs ROH feud as I have seen some of that before. Are there any CZW events I would need to buy that feature this feud, would like to watch it in order if you know what I mean.

http://www.a-merchandise.co.uk is a UK based shipper. The store is in Portsmouth.

Cheers for that dude.

I wondered why you asked, I didn't watch any ROH from after Samoa Joes title reign as that was around the time I didn't have the wrestling channel. After reading about some later shows I might start further on. I am interested mostly in the CZW Vs ROH feud as I have seen some of that before. Are there any CZW events I would need to buy that feature this feud, would like to watch it in order if you know what I mean.

Cheers for that dude.

Hell Freezes Over starts the ROH vs. CZW war (a large part of it takes place during the Milestone Series). You also shouldn't worry too much about the CZW shows though. Not booked very well on their side of it (through ROH's side was great) with like no good matches.

Archived