GSP vs. The Spider

Well, if it is indicative of real life GSP should lose. Not because it has happened in real life but because right now it is not feasible because of the weight difference. Anderson Silva is a big middleweight and an average light heavyweight. GSP would be a tiny middleweight. I'd give GSP maybe a 20% chance of winning in real life. In the game however, anything can happen.

Well, if it is indicative of real life GSP should lose. Not because it has happened in real life but because right now it is not feasible because of the weight difference. Anderson Silva is a big middleweight and an average light heavyweight. GSP would be a tiny middleweight. I'd give GSP maybe a 20% chance of winning in real life. In the game however, anything can happen.

okay that works for me

it does tell me he would go up to light hw, so i am thinking after this do a GSP vs lightweight champ and then a GSP vs. Corture, and maybe some others while i rebuild the welterweight class

yea, the only way I ever see the fight truley happening in REAL life is if they had a catchweight-day-of-the-fight-weigh-in fight. Meaning both guys would have to weight 180 pounds or something on the day of the fight. As if it was a middleweight fight, theres a good chance GSP would only weigh 187-190 pounds come fight time and Silva would be back up to 200-205. And considering a lot of GSP's game is strength/wrestling its hard to really see him beating Silva if he had a 10-15 pound weight advantage. Forcing fight day weigh ins would mean both guys would likely be 190-ish pounds come fight time.... but that has NOTHING to do with WMMA.

WMMA-related though I think the biggest flaw in the game thus far is the weight system. I think it is possibly as important to the world of fighting as any other thing that could possibly be in the game. Having walk around weights, favorite fight weight, minimum fight weight, maximum fight weight, with the various weights effecting stats and such. Someone like GSP (good guy to use an example) walks around at maybe 190 pounds when he's just chilling. When he's training he's around 180, but he cuts an extra 10 to get to Welterweight, which seems ideal for him, but come the day he actually fights he's already back up to 178-180 pounds. He couldnt really cut much more, maybe get down to 165, but getting that low would severely dehydrate him and should effect his conditioning.

It would also make sure guys jumping classes was a lot harder to do. GSP could hit the gym, put on muscle, and become a legit 185 pounder, but woul bump his walking weight into the 200's and make him cutting to 170 impossible. So in the game if GSP fights at 185 pounds that means he's only cutting like 5 pounds, which is a day or two of sit-ups and a big poop, where someone like Anderson Silva is cutting down from 210ish. And come fight day is really 200 pounds, even though he's at middleweight... its confusing, to the degree I dont even really know what I'm talking about. But I wish it was addressed some how in the game.

In a catchweight bout GSP beat Silva in a few seconds in my game. Silva won the rematch at Middleweight. I'm looking to hold a 3rd fight between the two but since Silva got KO'ed by Michael Bisping in January 2011, he has lost to Shogun at LHW and really looks weak compared to GSP.

Archived