Real World Draft

I don't know if there is enough interest at this point, but just in case who wants to try one more draft before TEW 2010? ^_^

I'll make a formal topic if there is some interest, but I'll be using Genadi's data and derekb's rule set more or less. I'll see it through to the end (a month of freetime coming up that will be filled with nothing but my LTR, rendering, modding, working out and drinking so if you guys want in I'll be plenty active).

If we can get 10 I'll do it. I don't think Genadi's data could support much more than 12-15 so meh. I'm selecting it because it's the most solid RW data stat-wise that I've seen, and even if it is out of date by a few months who cares because the mod will shake all the rosters up anyway

Oh yeah...wasn't even thinking about the current one...2002 is the one I'd probably be most interested in. I don't think I've played HVerse though...but everyone has said it's great. I guess it just depends which one looks like it could support a draft better, my preference is probably 2002 though but either way I'd love to get anther draft in before the end of '08.

I'm somewhat interested since it's real world, but could someone quickly explain how a draft works? (maybe in a pm so as to not disrupt the topic)

No worries, answering here would let everyone know what it is in case they don't know, but it's pretty simple. It's just how it sounds, 10-20 people each create their own promotion and draft wrestlers, refs, announcers, etc. for their company. We just do it on a thread on this board, the standard being 2 hours to make your pick once it's your turn. If you don't make your pick during that time, it goes to the next person and you can make it up once you sign on. Most times their are mystery boxes which will have random prizes (popularity boosts, PPV deals) that can be drafted as well. It's a lot of fun. Every draft is different though, but Kobe has done this before and is very good about handling them. Hopefully we can get enough people on board.

Archived