Creating new leagues....

How about in the Creating a new league section, allow to add teams, remove teams, add Hometowns, add team colors, add bowl or playoffs, team information that enhances the game. That way...when changes in real life happen, we can fix it. Currently, you have to use the perimeters on the primary set-up scheme. Or go to MS Access...and make changes. Why can't we do it ourselves without having to go to another program.

Seems like an easy fix.

It easy going through MS Access

I love how people here say it's easy to do such a thing but nowhere on this site or in any of the BBCFB materials is there a step by step tutorial on how to make such changes. Newsflash: not everybody is a whiz at databases or MS Access right out of the womb.

I love how people here say it's easy to do such a thing but nowhere on this site or in any of the BBCFB materials is there a step by step tutorial on how to make such changes. Newsflash: not everybody is a whiz at databases or MS Access right out of the womb.

AMEN!

You can be sure none of us were either, but we learned. Have a go at it. It'll come to you.

It's really not that hard if you sit down and take a hard look at whats what and how each thing is connected.

The 1st thing to do is save the original PSTATS file. I save mine as PSTATS Original. That way if you mess up too bad, you can just go back to the original. I can barely use a computer (just ask my kids), but I figured out how to make the changes with Access. It's not really much different than using an Excel spreadsheet.

It's really not that hard if you sit down and take a hard look at whats what and how each thing is connected.

It is hard when you edit everything through Access and none of the changes ever take effect. I have created WKU and put Temple in the Big East and resaved everything over the pstats file and none of the changes take effect when I try and start a new game. Everything reverts right back to the original configuration, without WKU and with Temple as an Independent.

It is hard when you edit everything through Access and none of the changes ever take effect. I have created WKU and put Temple in the Big East and resaved everything over the pstats file and none of the changes take effect when I try and start a new game. Everything reverts right back to the original configuration, without WKU and with Temple as an Independent.

Are you working with the pstats.dat file or are you trying to edit a league you are already running?

No, I always start a new league after making the changes. As I cycle through the conferences the names never change and the teams I move/add are not visible.

In Access, changes are supposedly saved automatically, but have you tried hitting save? I've edited it countless times and each time, my changes are shown in any new league I start.

I get the same result whether I save the database or not. Every time I go back into pstats, the changes are made (Western Kentucky is there, Temple in the Big East, etc.) but none of it ever shows up when I start a new league.

I don't know if this will help you or not. Try making the changes in steps.

1. Use ACCESS to change the Conference for Temple in the Teams table.

2. Go into the Conference table and change the number of teams in the Big East and Independents.

3. Save this and use this PSTAT file to create a new league.

4. Temple should be in the Big East at this point.

I just tried steps 1 -4 above and it did have Temple in the Big East. After you are satisfied that your Database works (run off a season), go back in and add Western Kentucky to the PSTATS file(I have not tried adding them).

You probably already know this, but (as far as I know), you will also need to change the # of teams in whatever conference you add them to.

After you have completed this, create a new league to see if they are in the game. If so, run off a season to test it to see if everything works OK.

The funny thing with the Temple experiment was that they had 13 games scheduled when I started the season. I was afraid that would create a problem. I have not run off the full season, but it let me start the season and run week 1. I am not an ACCESS expert, so I hope this works for you.

The funny thing with the Temple experiment was that they had 13 games scheduled when I started the season. I was afraid that would create a problem. I have not run off the full season, but it let me start the season and run week 1. I am not an ACCESS expert, so I hope this works for you.

The reason Temple would have 13 games is that they have games hard coded into the SchedMatch table, find Temple's Team ID # and you can remove them.

Thank You

Hey, thanks to everyone for the help. The problem after all was that I had the game installed on my hard drive twice. The version that I was accessing via the start menu was not the one I was edited via Access. It's fixed now and I am able to move teams around.

The reason Temple would have 13 games is that they have games hard coded into the SchedMatch table, find Temple's Team ID # and you can remove them.

Temple's team ID is 17 but I don't get the significance of what the ShceduleMatch is. Can somebody enlighten me to its purpose, and what I should do if I "remove" Temple? e.g. do I replace their cell with another team ID or do I delete out all three rows in the schedule match where they appear?

run-time error 91

Ok, so the I get a "run-time error 91" now whenever I try to view the Independents. The only thing I did that should affect them is move Temple from independent status to the Big East. I just double checked and I edited the Independent conference to only have three teams. Any idea why I am getting this error?

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee115/DeBest1897/Run-timeerror91.jpg

One Last Question

I added five schools (UMass, Charlotte, GSU, WKU, ans USA) and I don't know what to put in for the following columns in Access (or for what those header abbreviations mean):

PrimR

PrimG

PrimB

SecR

SecG

SecB

PshadeR

PshadeG

PshadeB

TextR

TextG

TextB

Also, any idea what the value ranges are for each and what they represent? I included a screenshot below as well.

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee115/DeBest1897/AccessCells.jpg

Lastly, if I wanted to include logos from Yahoo for any new teams, how do I get the game to associate a logo with a specific team?

Temple's team ID is 17 but I don't get the significance of what the ShceduleMatch is. Can somebody enlighten me to its purpose, and what I should do if I "remove" Temple? e.g. do I replace their cell with another team ID or do I delete out all three rows in the schedule match where they appear?

delete any games that have Temple playing someone since you put them in a conference. Unless you want them to be forced to play a specific team each and every year.

I added five schools (UMass, Charlotte, GSU, WKU, ans USA) and I don't know what to put in for the following columns in Access (or for what those header abbreviations mean):

PrimR

PrimG

PrimB

SecR

SecG

SecB

PshadeR

PshadeG

PshadeB

TextR

TextG

TextB

Also, any idea what the value ranges are for each and what they represent? I included a screenshot below as well.

Lastly, if I wanted to include logos from Yahoo for any new teams, how do I get the game to associate a logo with a specific team?

I believe those are all team colors for fonts and backgrounds....there is a list somewhere in pstats or psetup that list all the colors by number I believe.

it's based off what "code" you give the team in the pstats. There are also certain size limits that you must follow here....see a current logo for that.

• 1 year later...
<p>BUMP! I'm trying to figure out specifically what these abbreviations stand for.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="powerEye" data-cite="powerEye" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25494" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I added five schools (UMass, Charlotte, GSU, WKU, ans USA) and I don't know what to put in for the following columns in Access (or for what those header abbreviations mean):<p> </p><p> PrimR</p><p> PrimG</p><p> PrimB</p><p> SecR</p><p> SecG</p><p> SecB</p><p> PshadeR</p><p> PshadeG</p><p> PshadeB</p><p> TextR</p><p> TextG</p><p> TextB</p><p> </p><p> Also, any idea what the value ranges are for each and what they represent? I included a screenshot below as well. </p><p> </p><p> <span>http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee115/DeBest1897/AccessCells.jpg</span></p><p> </p><p> Lastly, if I wanted to include logos from Yahoo for any new teams, how do I get the game to associate a logo with a specific team?</p></div></blockquote>

Archived