Dynasty - Pro Fighting Ireland (Using default Data)

PFI 5 Results/PFI 6 Card & First Tournament PFI New Years even

PFI 5: Tap Tap Returns

Venue: The National Stadium, Dublin

Attendance: 239

Gate: $3,585

Marlon John (PFI: 0-1) Vs Julio Gutierrez (PFI: 0-1) (Middleweight Division)

Winner: Marlon John

Via: TKO in 2:10 of Round 1

Rating: Fantastic

Vincent Chapin Retirement Fight

Vincent Chapin (PFI: 0-1) Vs Kevin Portman (PFI Debut) (Heavyweight Division

Winner: Vincent Chapin

Via: Guillotine Choke Submission in 3:32 of Round 3

Rating: Great

Brian Barnes (PFI Debut) Vs Claude Lerond PFI: (1-1) (heavyweight Division)

Winner: Brian Barnes

Via: Unanimous Decision

Rating: Very Poor

Darren Southall (PFI Debut) Vs Roy Lynch (PFI: 1-1) (Lightweight Division)

Winner: Darren Southall

Via: TKO in 1:05 of Round 2

Co-Main Event: Franklyn Vs Bruns II – Grudge Fight over Split Decision

Wilson Franklyn (PFI: 1-1) Vs Ernie Bruns (PFI: 0-1) (Heavyweight Division)

Winner: Wilson Franklyn

Main Event: The Return of a Legend

Allan Whiteman (PFI Debut) Vs Helio (PFI debut) (Lightweight Division)

Winner: Allan Whiteman

Via: Armbar Submission in 1:34 of Round 2

Rating: Good

Whiteman “It’s great to be back and get a win under my belt for you people. I have a few more fights left in me. I’m happy to be here and for those in the know it was kinda poetic justice winning by an Armbar. It takes me a while to recover from fights but I can confirm that I will be representing Team GB & Ireland on New Year’s eve in the Lightweight Tournament. What do the beatles sing? Have to admit it’s getting better, It’s getting better all the time.

NEXT EVENT:

PFI 6: Irish Pride

Main Event:

Masahiro Maeno (PFI: 3-0) Vs Colm “The Celtic Warrior” Dee (PFI debut)

Featherweight Division

For a shot at Ziskie and the PFI Featherweight Title

Co-Main Event: PFI Heavyweight Title Match

“Boom Boom” Guy Broom (PFI: 2-1) Vs Ikuhisa Tamura (PFI: 3-0) ©

Heavyweight Division

Sid “The Misfit” Morgan (PFI Debut) Vs Ron Chuckle (PFI: 2-1)

Lightweight Division

For the right to represent Team GB & Ireland on New Years Eve

Clifton “hot and spicy” Curry (PFI Debut) Vs Louie “The Featherweight Phenom” Sullivan (PFI: 0-1)

Lightweight Division

“Gorgeous” Ralf Puce (PFI: 0-1) Vs “The Irish Warrior” Connor Houghton (PFI: 0-2)

Middleweight Division

Dallin Friedland (PFI: 0-1) Vs “The Bruiser from Belfast” Liam O’Donnell (PFI Record: 0-1)

Featherweight Division

(the winner will guarantee themselves a spot on Path of Glory)

New Years Eve 2009 - Nations Colide

http://profightingireland.webs.com/tourney1.png

Press Statement From PFI President Richard Wright

PRESS STATEMENT

From the Office of PFI President Richard Wright:

As you are aware we had planned a massive New Years Eve show. For this we have felt the wrath of the Regional Athletic Commission who says we cannot have 4 tournaments on one night. So be it. So from October to December 31st there will be a series of 1 night team vs. team tournaments. On New Years eve will hold a show that will be headlined by the captain vs. captain fight. This is obviously changing our plans but that’s what good management is. It’s dealing with issues as they arise and I have a good team that have dealt with this.

Secondly: Allan Whiteman has stepped down from the position as Vice President of Talent Relations. This is because of his conviction that now he is an active member of the roster he will no longer be in a position to look after his rule as VP. So Vincent Chapin will be taking over in this role as of today.

FONT]

Richard Wright

Advert for the next PFI Round Table

PFI Round Table Advert placed on blurcat.com, MMA-Galaxy.com and other MMA websites

Bender: Hi I’m Craig Bender and please join me on blurcat.com’s live podcast section after PFI 6 for a potentially controversial PFI Round Table, being broadcast from Conference Suite A of The National Stadium, Dublin. PFI President Richard Wright has been critical of the Irish Athletic Commission and on the show we will have Paddy Morrisson, head of the Irish Athletic Commission as well as PFI President Richard Wright himself. Also on the panel will be the now former PFI Vice President For Talent Relations Allan Whitehead, new PFI Director of Domestic Operations Ralf Puce and respected MMA Journalist Gary O’Callaghan. We will be discussing Path of Glory, The Team GB & Ireland vs Team Global events and, of course, PFI 6 itself. It should be a good one. Make sure you don’t miss it. Free on Blurcat.com

PFI 2000 Grand Prix Events

PFI Max! Grand Prix

Heavyweight

- 1st 8 man Tournament = 1 Winner who qualifies

- 2nd 8 man Tournament = 1 Winner who qualifies

Middleweight

Qualifiers

- 4 tournament winners

+ 4 wild card entries – Loosing tournament finalists

Finals

Seeding

Winners = 1-4

Runners Up = 5-8

Finals Brackets

1 vs. 8

2 vs. 7

3 vs. 6

4 vs. 5

PFI Elite! Grand Prix

Qualifying

Lightweight

Featherweight

Qualifiers

- 4 tournament winners

+ 4 wild card entries – Loosing tournament finalists

Finals

Seeding

Winners = 1-4

Runners Up = 5-8

Finals Brackets

1 vs. 8

2 vs. 7

3 vs. 6

4 vs. 5

(NOTE: The seedings will be decided upon by PFI President Richard Wright and will be calculated using a mix of fighter reputation and win/loss record)

PFI Path of Glory 2000

PFI PATH OF GLORY 2000

MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT

Do you think you have what it takes to be PFI Featherweight Champion? Do you think you can cut it in the world of MMA? Then look no further because your chance is here. PFI Path Of Glory is your chance to take a step in your MMA career.

Applications are now open and will close on January 1st 2000. For your chance to appear in Path of Glory 2000 applications must be sent into PFI House in Dublin and addressed too Cliff McAddam. If you don't know who that is - this might not be for you!

Don't miss out on this chance to train with and be coached by Sammy Gaffigan and work with some of the best MMA fighters in the UK and Ireland.

Ok so this goes out to the people who read this diary. My many thanks for doing so. It's nowhere near the best diaries here - it's probably middle table at best. But here is your chance to jump on in - if you want you can send me fighter details of a fighter you create to appear on PFI Path of Glory. If you want you can create a backstory like I did for Allan Whiteman when I created him. So let me know if you are interested. You have untill I post the last results of the New Years tournaments which could be a couple of weeks away.

Event: PFI 6 Results

Venue: The National Stadium, Dublin

Attendance: 262

Gate: $3,930

Start of Show:

Richard Wright came to the cage to announce that this will be PFI's last show at The National Stadium for now. Attendances hadn't been what they had hoped and so a large warehouse had been purchased and was being coverted into a purpose built MMA Arena called "The PFI Arena". He thanks those who had supported the company and thanked The National Stadium and said one day PFI will pack the place to the rafters. Wright promised the grand old building hadn't seen the last MMA fight it would host.

Results:

Liam O'Donnell Vs Dallin Friedland

Winner: Liam O'Donnell - he will be on Path of Glory

Rating: Average

Connor Houghton Vs Ralf Puce

Winner: Connor Houghton!!!

Rating: poor

Louie Sullivan Vs Clifton Curry

Winner: Louie Sullivan

Via: Armbar Submission in 4:47 of 1st Round

Ron Chuckle Vs Sid Morgan (debuting member of Team BJJ Ireland)

Winner: Ron Chuckle - Will represent Team GB & Ire

Ikuhisa Tamura Vs Boom Boom Guy Broom

PFI Heavyweight Title Fight

Winner: Ikuhisa Tamura

MAIN EVENT: Colm Dee Vs Masahiro Maeno

Winner: Colm Dee

Rating: Decent

After the Match: Ziskie walked out with both his title belts and stood toe to toe with Colm. They stood and looked at each other before Ziskie laughed. He took the microphone and said he looked forward to their match. He said he couldn't wait to captain what he called "Team Ziskie" and walk all over the Irish. This got boos from the crowd. Colm Dee looked like he might hit him until Richard Wright and Allan Whiteman came down and talked him into coming back, then Ziskie insulted Whiteman and Wright saw red. he grabbed the mic

Wright: This isn't pro wrestling Ziskie don't bring your flash here you stupid F**K! Listen we fight here. And don't you ever insult a legend of this sport has some F**King common decency. Listen to yourself. I know you have the skills to back up all the S**T you talk but honestly you told me you would come to the ring and say well done to Colm and say how much you couldn't wait for the title fight and that it would be great. I said yes to that but after this stunt no more. I will not have this sport turned into a circus by you. If you beat Colm - your next opponent will be Allan Whiteman. So get ready cause you may be good - but he's a legend!

• 2 months later...

it's been a while!

(Just a quick thankyou to all who had been reading this and I hope I can win you back. Starting tomorrow I will be back to posting and I will explain the gap in the dynasty but OOC it was just life getting in the way. I;ve re-evaluated and some things are gonna change about my dynasty. But first the final vent before "the break and the changes")

Pro Fighting Ireland: Change

PFI 7 Results

Venue: The National Stadium Dublin

Gate: 269 People

Attendance: 4,035

Fight 1 - Mills Mullaly Vs Heath Kaladaris

Results: Mills Mullaly wins by TKO in Round 3 (0:19)

Fight Rating: Decent

Fight 2 - Pim Pim Gwon Vs Hisamitsu Sasaki

Result: Sasaki wins by Armbar Submissions in Round 1 (1:07)

Fight Rating: Great

Fight 3 - Darren Southall Vs Gregory O'Hara

Result: O'Hara by Armbar Submission in Round 1 (3:22)

Fight 4 - Julio Gutierrez Vs Mikey Wallace

Result: Gutierrez wins by Americana Submission in Round 2 (3:06)

Fight 5 - Jesse Singh Vs Claude Lerond

Result: Singh wins by UD

Fight Rating: Good

Fight 6 - Wilson Franklyn Vs Gideon Navarro

Result: Navarro wins by Americana Submission in Round 3 (4:09)

Fight 7 - Sammy Gaffigan Vs Shueler Eigenberg

Result: Eigenberg by Knock Out in Round 2 (1:19)

Fight Rating: Fantastic

Fight 8 - Manish Khan Vs Jay Dodridge

Result: Khan by TKO in Round 2 (1:11)

Show Rating: Excellent

PFI 8: The Re-Birth

Event Name: PFI 8: The Re-Birth

Held: The National Stadium, Dublin, Republic of Ireland

Attendance: 591

Gate: 11,820

Show Rating: Excellent

Richard Wright: Welcome to the new era in the short life of Pro Fight Ireland. Tonight is the final night you will see a card like this. Tonight we unveil the ultimate goal in this company the PFI All Ireland Openweight Title. Tonight The PFI Middleweight champion Wes Hersh will take on PFI Lightweight Champion Tim Oldacres for that Openweight Title. There is a lot of changes coming - with a switch to a team format that we will be making you aware of as this night goes on. We are moving from this great venue to a custom built smaller MMA venue on the outskirts of Dublin Knows as The Tap Zone. We hope you will join us there when we start our new style events. But enough from me. We have saying in our office that has become the new slogan for this company – if the lights on the fights on. So lets get the lights on and get the fights on.

Fight 1

4 Man Tournament Semi Final

Thomas O’Cann Vs Liam O’Donnell

Winner: O’Donnell via UD

Fight 2

4 Man Tournament Semi Final

Dallin Friedland Vs Roy Lynch

Winner: Roy Lynch via UD

Wright: So I promised some news on the new team format. There will be 8 teams representing various Irish cities. There will be two divisions – The Elite League and the National League. The cities in the Elite League will be: Dublin, Limerick, Belfast & Cork. And the cities in the National League will be: Derry, Armagh, Waterford & Galway. In the Elite League each team will nominate two Franchise Stars and in the national league each team will nominate 1. There stars will gain more points for a win then the rest of there teams so there choice is vital. Each team in the National League will have at least one Rookie. By that I mean someone who entered the professional world of MMA in January 2000 and who has yet to have a truly professional fight.

Fight 3

Heavweight Division

Ernie Bruns Vs Kevin Portman

Winner: Portman Via TKO in Round 3 (2:27)

Fight 4

Heavweight Division

Gideon Navarro Vs Guy Broom

Winner: Navarro via UD

Fight 5

Tournament Final

Roy Lynch Vs Liam O’Donnell

Result: Liam O’Donnell via UD

Fight 6

Number 1 Contendership to PFI Lightweight Title

Gregory O’Hara Vs Ron Chuckle

Result: Gregory O’Hara via UD

Rating: Poor

Fight 7

PFI Featherweight Title Fight

Philip Ziskie Vs Colm Dee

Result: Ziskie by Rear Naked Choke Submission in Round 4 (4:22)

Fight 8

PFI All Ireland Openweight Title Fight

Wes Hersch (PFI Middleweight Champion) Vs Tim Oldacres (PFI Lightweight Champion)

Result: Hersch wins by Rear Naked Choke Submission in Round 4 (4:09)

PFI Elite League

Dublin - Mills Mullaly

Ikuhisa Tamura (Heavyweight) (Champ)

Brian Barnes (Heavyweight)

Patrick Thomas (Middleweight)

Heikichi Shimizu (Lightweight)

Philip Ziskie (Featherweight) (Champ)

Manish Khan (Featherweight)

Andrew Rush (Middleweight)

Cork - Roy Lynch

George Laurent (heavyweight)

Ernie Bruns (Heavyweight)

Marlon John (Middleweight)

Paulo Roberto Bezerra (Lightweight)

Sammy Gaffigan (Featherweight)

Masahiro Meano (Featherweight)

Limerick - Allan Whitehead

Gideon Navarro (Heavyweight)

Guy Broom (Heavyweight)

Wes Hersch (Middlewieght) (Double Champ)

Maxime Giresse (Middleweight)

Helio (Lightweight)

Hisamitsu Sasaki (Featherweight)

Belfast - Liam O’Donnell

Jeff Carlton (Heavyweight)

Jesse Singh (Heavyweight)

Julio Gutierrez (Middleweight)

Tessai Satou (Lightweight)

Roy Arnett (Lightweight)

Norberto (Featherweight)

Tim Oldacres (Lightweight) (Champ)

Franchise Stars

Dublin: Ikuhisa Tamura (Heavyweight) & Philip Ziskie (featherweight)

Cork: Paulo Roberto Bezerra (Lightweight) & Sammy Gaffigan (Featherweight)

Belfast: Jeff Carlton (Heavyweight) & Tim Oldacres (Lightweight) (Champ)

Limerick: Allan Whitehead & Wes Hersch (Middlewieght) (Double Champ)

Fixtures

Dublin Vs Cork

Belfast Vs Limerick

Dublin Vs Limerick

Belfast Vs Cork

Belfast Vs Dublin

Cork Vs Limerick

The Bottom team at the end of the group stage will be relegated

The Top 2 go on to fight for the Title of Elite Champions

Natioanl League

National League

Armagh - Gregory O’Hara

Kevin Portman (Heavyweight)

Neville Granville (Heavyweight)

Heath Kaladaris (Middleweight)

Chuck Brown (Lightweight)

Clifton Curry (Featherweight)

Drauzio Simaan (Lightweight) (Rookie)

Derry - Dallin Friedland/Connor Houghton (Joint Captains)

Heinrich Schreider (Heavyweight) (Rookie)

Randy Turnbull (Middleweight) (Rookie)

Chad Zoff (Middleweight)

Ron Chuckle (Lightweight)

Louie Sullivan (Featherweight)

Waterford - Colm Dee

Eien Kawano (heavyweight) (Rookie)

Mikey Wallace (Middleweight)

Evan Pizzaro (Middleweight)

Watson Viana (Lightweight)

Teruaki Ogi (Featherweight)

Jay Dorridge (Featherweight)

Galway - Thomas O’Cann

Harold Huge (Middleweight) (Rookie)

Wilson Franklyn (Heavyweight)

Grant Capelli (Lightweight)

Doug Minnelli (Lightweight)

Pim Pim Gwon (Featherweight)

Oniji Arihyoshi (Middleweight) (Rookie)

Derry: Louie Sullivan (Featherweight)

Waterford: Colm Dee

Galway: Eien Kawano (heavyweight) (Rookie)

Armagh: Gregory O’Hara (Lightweight)

Fixtures

Derry Vs Galway

Waterford Vs Armagh

Galway Vs Waterford

Derry Vs Armagh

Armagh Vs Galway

Derry Vs Waterford

The top two go onto fight for the National League Championship & Promotion to Elite League

PLEASE NOTE: TITLE FIGHTS OPERATE INDEPENDENTLY OF LEAGUE STRUCTURE AND ARE BASED SOLEY ON POUND FOR POUND RANKINGS & CHAMPIONSHIP COMMITTEE DECISION. LEAGUE FORM WILL BE TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION WHILE MAKING TITLE FIGHTS. THE EXCEPTION TO THE RULE IS THE OPENWEIGHT TITLE WHICH MAY NOT BE HELD BY A FIGHTER OUTSIDE THE ELITE LEAGUE.

Promo Video - PFI League Preview 1

PFI League Preview 1 on PFI.Com Video Player

Wright: This really excites me. I think for a lot of sports fans in the UK it's difficult to get behind boxing and MMA because its not a league structure like they are used to with Cricket, Rugby and Football. This finally gives them what they are used too.

Bender: This is just off the hook. League structure MMA with promotion & relegation? This should be very interesting indeed.

Wright: I think it was starting to become apparent that the Irish fighters in this company needed a purpose and a goal. And certainly Colm Dee pushing Ziskie as far and as hard as he did and Allan Whiteman coming back to the sport inspired them but this? They are reborn.

Whiteman: It's just a great honour. I mean for some of the lads they are captaining there home town teams and that means the world to them. Me I took Limerick where my father was from. I am so inspired by this. I was never good at football but this is like representing Limerick at GAA or something it's great.

Wright: The best part was being able to give two guys who lets say where struggling some real passion and desire. Daillin Friedland and Connor Houghton aren't the best MMA fighters in teh world but as joint captains of Team Derry they have just taken there training to new levels. They are really working hard.

Bender: My Money is on Limerick. I mean come Whiteman as there coach/captain. Then they have Wes Hersch the double champion, they have Helio and the very impressive Gideon Navarro not to mention my favourite fatty Boom Boom.

Wright: I am little biased towards Belfast. Liam O'Donnell is working so hard with his lads they look great. I think Tim Oldacres, Jesse Singh, Jeff Carlton man they are gonna turn some heads in this thing.

Whiteman: I am biased when it comes to the elite league but so I'll predict the National League. I am gonna go with Waterford I think it'll be very close and come down to Captain fights and Colm is the best guy in that division. As far as relegation goes I think that might be Cork. Even with Sammy Gaffigan I don't think they have the strongest squad.

Wright: It is gonna be tought for Cork but Maeno & Marlon John might surprise a few people.

Bender: Enjoy the Elite league Roy your team won't be in for more then the first season.

Wright: When a team is relegated the two people with the best record from the relegated team join the promoted team and the promoted team drop there two fighters with the worst record. They are now free agents and can be signed by any national league side. The relegated side gets the first pick of any rookies. Rookies are classed as people who have no had a professional fight prior to January of that year so this year prior to January 2000 but do have a 100% amateur record.

Bender: I cannot wait to get this thing going. Role on March 2000.

Wright: The Events will run like this - in the last week of March 2000 we kick off with the national league on the friday and the Elite League on the Monday prior to that. Each event will run 1 league match. We kick off with Dublin Vs Cork in the Elite and Derry Vs Galway in the National.

Mullaly: To captain my city in the first ever PFI League match in the new Tap Zone - I don't care if it's Roy Lynch or Marlon John I'm gonna win no force of nature can stop me!

Wright: Hey fight fans join us as we preview the PFI League. Next time we focus on the National League and take a team by team look, studying the form and who the PFI panel of experts thinks has what it takes ahead of the season. Remember - if the lights on, the fights on.

PFI National League Team Preview 1 - Derry

National League Preview 1

Hi I’m Craig Bender and alongside me is Ralf Puce, Travis Jones and Vincent Chapin to give their expert thoughts. This is the first in a series of videos where we breakdown each team in the Nationwide League and our experts predict their final league position

Team Breakdown 1

Derry

Captain(s): Dailin Friedland – 0-7 - (PFI Record 0-3)

Connor Houghton – 3-6 – (PFI record 1-2)

Chapin: I think in terms of leadership this team has some serious problems. Sure Houghton beat a very much on the down slope Ralf Puce but he should have finished him and couldn’t. I think this will hurt them.

Jones: I don’t agree. I think this will inspire them. You’ll see a new worth ethic from both of them.

Puce: Houghton is a tough guy, he beat me I would say that. But I think he can lift this team. Dailin I just along for the ride.

Bender: I think they both suck. Ok moving on to Derry’s Franchise Star. Louie “The Featherweight Phenom” Sullivan. So far a PFi and Pro record of 1-1. He lost to Masahiro Maeno at PFI 4 via decision and beat Clifton Curry at PFi 6 via submission.

Chapin: I am shocked to see this guy in the Nationwide league knowing what a fan Wright is of him but I think he looked good against Curry.

Jones: well he would look good against Curry. Curry is also in the Nationwide league and Sullivan should be in the Elite League. Derry need him to step up and win his fights.

Chapin: There is a reason why he is this franchises star fighter. He’s better then everyone else on the team. This guy is like an A in cardio and work ethic you will not out last this guy you will gas before he does!

Bender: Next up we have Ron Chuckle making up the experience in this roster. Chuckle has a 5-3 record in his career being 3-2 in PFI. He lost to Tim Oldacres in the final of the title tournament at PFI 2 and at PFI 8 went down to Gregory O’Hara by Decision. He has beaten Tessai Satou, Roy Lynch and Sid Morgan.

Chapin: It is a big worry for this franchise that there most experienced fighter has only 8 fights under his belt. But he is a work horse and a constant threat.

Jones: That loss to O’Hara really hurt him

Puce: yeah but I wouldn’t want to fight him next. A wounded animal is dangerous.

Bender: Next we come to the section known as the unknown. Fighters on a franchise that have yet to appear in PFI. This for Derry makes up the bulk of their squad. Chad Zoff, a middleweight, who is described as having a hybrid fighting style. Heinrich Schreider, a 22 year old heavyweight from Germany, who is a Greco roman wrestler with a 5-0 record before coming to PFI. Those wins are from much smaller shows then the PFI. It’s a similar story with Randy Turnbull. He is a middleweight from Springfield, Missouri in the USA and is 25 years old. He has a 6-0 record from smaller shows and is a Freestyle Wrestler.

Jones: This is where I give Derry a chance. If these guys turn out to be talent as hell then they could win promotion.

Chapin: yeah but they won’t. Not yet anyway. Turnbull and Schreider are too one dimensional and Zoff is untested.

Puce: that doesn’t meant they won’t win.

Chapin: it does they won’t be able to strike and they’ll get knocked out.

Bender: Ok. Well to finish off Richard Wright has said he thinks they will finish 3rd. Where do you predict they will come?

Puce: if the rookies show up then I think they’ll finish 2nd.

Chapin: You couldn’t be more wrong. 4th. Won’t even win a match

Jones: I think if they fight their hearts out they’ll finish 3rd if not 4th

Bender: Ok. Join us next time as take a look at Derry’s opponents in the opening clash of the National League Galway. From all my guests and from me Craig Bender and for PFI – if the lights on, the fights on baby. See ya soon.

PFI National League Preview Show 2: Galway

Galway - Thomas O’Cann

Harold Huge (Middleweight) (Rookie)

Wilson Franklyn (Heavyweight)

Grant Capelli (Lightweight)

Doug Minnelli (Lightweight)

Pim Pim Gwon (Featherweight)

Oniji Arihyoshi (Middleweight) (Rookie)

Hi my name is Craig Bender and welcome to another National League preview show right here on PFI.com, in association with MMAGalaxy.com. If someone tapes this side of Vulcan find out about at MMAGalaxy.com. Joining me today are PFI living legend and Team Limerick Captain Allan Whiteman, Ralf Puce & a man I have wanted to talk too since PFI 1 the man the myth the marshmallow – Boom Boom Guy Broom. Ok We start of by looking at the team captain. Thomas O’Cann is a 31 year old boxer who hails from Dublin and fights at Lightweight. His MMA record is 1-6 and his PFI record is 0-2. In PFI so far he has lost too fellow Irish fighters Liam O’Donnell and Roy Lynch. So anything good to say about Thomas?

Broom: No. This guy sucks. He can’t throw a punch for a former boxer and he certainly can’t take one. You take him down and it’s painful to watch how bad he is.

Puce: Having said that Guy I think a lot of people believe these Irish guys have renewed worth ethic and conviction and Thomas always works hard.

Whiteman: I never like to write off a fellow Irish fighter but he’s gonna struggle.

Ok. Next we have their Franchise star. And there is a bit of a mix up because it appeared on PFI.Com that they had nominated Eien Kawano but he’s fighting for Waterford. They have actually nominated 23 Middleweight from Wales Harold Huge. Huge is a rookie this season with a 5-0 record for minor shows in Wales, of all places. He fights a Muay Thai style and has been described as a man who puts on fights of the night and the man who will not quit. A Rookie as your Franchise Star? Your thoughts gentlemen.

Puce: I think it’s a great thing. I know I think he’s a star. A little rough around the edges right now but for sure he can make waves in the National League.

Broom: Stupid mistakes. There franchise star should have been Wilson Franklyn, a man who should be in the Elite League.

Whiteman: I know Tommy rates him very highly. We’ll see. What I will say is this – Franchise stars get more points for a win and Rookies also get more points for a win. This might be a really smart move.

Two words – Wilson Franklyn. Discuss.

Boom: Should be there star. Getting better every fight. Was unlucky to loose to Navarro I mean who knew he was so good. And he’s shown twice why Bruns is a joke.

Puce: talent. Raw. 4-2 record. Only lost to two of the best Heavyweights in the company.

Whiteman: over rated.

The rest of there squad read like this – Pim Pim Gwon a featherweight from Korea, a PFI and Career record of 0-2. He lost too Hisamitus Sasaki – twice. No shame there the man is a machine. Grant Capelli made his PFI and MMA debut loosing to Gregory O’Hara and Doug Minneli is a real wild card. An MMA Styled Kick boxer, whatever that means, from the USA he is reported to be highly skilled. The last member of the squad is yet another rookie. Oniji Arihyoshi is a 19 year old freestyle wrestler from Japan. He holds a 5-0 record from low level fights in Japan & Korea.

Whiteman: I was at a training session where they scouted this boy. Let me tell you he outworked me. And also I think the fans are gonna love him. You can’t not. He oozes charisma.

Broom: Yeah but my concern is he’ll get knocked out.

Puce: That heavyweights answer to everything.

Ok so where do we think this team will Finish. Richard Wright has said he thinks they will finish 4th. Rock Bottom.

Whiteman: 3rd

Broom: 4th

Puce: 4th

Thank you for your time this week gentlemen. What we have now is a fight card for the Derry Vs Galway match. As we know each match with consist of 5 fights. However the winner isn’t the team who wins the most fights – although that will come into play. It’s all about points. Knock outs & Submissions get more more points the TKO’s and TKO’s get more points then Decision victories. The point system will be explained right here on PFI.Com by Richard Wright. So here is the fight card.

Main Event: Louie Sullivan (FS) Vs Pim Pim Gwon (Featherwieght)

Co Main Event: Harolod Huge (FS/RK) Vs Connor Houghton (TC) (Middleweight)

Heinreich Schreider (RK) Vs Wilson Franklyn (Heavyweight)

Thomas O’Cann (TC) Vs Ron Chuckle (Lightwieght)

Oniji Arihyoshi (RK) Vs Randy Turnbull (RK) (Middleweight)

As always PFI and myself welcome predictions. For PFI.Com and MMAGalaxy this is Craig Bender telling you – if you’re standing in line and someone puts you in a rear naked choke chances are the watch my show.

FS = Franchise Star

TC = Team Captain

RK = Rookie

PFI Elite League Match Preview: Cork Vs Dubin

Elite League Fight Card Announcement

Match 1: Dublin Vs Cork

Main Event: Featherweight Title Re-Match & All Star Fight

Sammy Gaffigan (FS) Vs Philip Ziskie (CH)/(FS)

Sammy is a 27 year old who hails from Trenton, New Jersey in the USA. His style is unique and has been described as “Ninja Tactics”. He stands 5 Foot 9 Inches tall. He has a 16-4 Professional record with a 0-2 record here in PFI. He is the franchise star for Cork

Philip is a 28 year old from Los Angeles in the USA and has a 12-0 Professional Record with a 2-0 record here in PFI. He stands 5 foot 7 Inches tall and has a boxing style that has been adapted too MMA. He is the current Featherweight Champion, a title he won at PFI 4 and defended at PFI 8 by beating Colm Dee. He is currently ranked 2nd in the overall PFI Pound for Pound rankings and is a Franchise star for Dublin.

Co Main Event – Lightweight Bout

“The Serpant” Paulo Roberto Bezerra VS Heikichi Shimizu

The Serpant is a 26 year old who hails from Salvador, Brazil. He stands 5 foot 6 inches tall and is a Franchise star for Cork. he is making his PFI debut at the show. He comes to PFI with a 15-2 professional record. He has a mid level National reputation. He fights with a Muay Thai style.

Shimizu is making his PFI debut for the Dublin Franchise at the show. He comes to PFI with a 1-0 record in his career and also has a national reputation in the UK. He fights with a Judo style and hails from Sakai, Japan and stands at 5 foot 9 Inches tall and is 32 years old.

Fight 3: Featherweight Division

“kid Britain” Manish Khan Vs Masahiro Maeno

Khan is a 24 year old featherweight hailing from Sheffield, England. He has a career record of 10-2 and a 1-0 record in PFI. He has a boxing style and stands 5 feet 6 inches tall. He beat Jay Dorridge at PFI 7 by TKO in the second round. He is representing the Dublin Franchise.

Maeno is a 19 year old Featherweight hailing from Fukuoka, Japan. He is a submission wrestler who stands at 5 feet 7 Inches. His overall record is the same as his PFI record which stands at 3-1. His only loss came to Colm Dee via Decision at PFI 6. He won the Featherweight tournament at PFI 4 although has yet to receive his title shot at Ziskie. He is representing the Cork Franchise

Fight 4: Captains Choice – Middleweight Division

“Mercenary” Mills Mullaly (TC) Vs Marlon “The Punisher” John

Mills is a 30 year old Middleweight who hails from Dublin, Ireland. He is the Captain of Team Dublin, his home towm. He stands at 5 foot 9 inches has a no holds barred style. His Overall MMA record is 17-5 and his PFI record is 3-1. His only loss came to Wes Hersch at PFI 3 in the finalf of the tournament. He has however gotten back to winning ways at PFI 7 when he beat Heath Kaladaris by TKO in Round 3. He is almost impossible to knock out.

Marlon “The Punisher” John is a 22 year old Middleweight from Fullerton, California in the USA and is representing the Cork Franchise. He has a 2-1 Pro Record with a 1-1 PFI Record. His last PFI fight was a 1st Round TKO Victory over Julio Guitierrez at PFI 5. He fight with an amateur wrestling style and came to MMA with an undefeated Amateur Wrestling Style. Considered to be a future star of the Cork Franchise by his Coach Roy Lynch.

Fight 5: Heavyweight Division

Brian “big Bri” Barnes Vs “The Muscle Mountain” Ernie Bruns.

Barnes is a heavyweight who hails from Newcastle, England. He is 32 years old and stands 6 feet 1 inches tall. He is known for his knock out power and has a Pro record of 12-8 with a PFI record of 1-0. His only fight being a victory at PFI 5 over Claude LeRond. He is representing the Dublin Franchise.

Bruns is a heavyweight who hails from Durham, North Carolina in the USA. He is 36 and stands 5 feet 10 Inches tall. He has a pro record of 17-13 and a PFI record of 0-3. His last loss being at PFI 8 when he lost by TKO to Kevin Portman. He is representing the Cork Franchise and fights with a Kick Boxing Style.

Rested Fighters:

Dublin: Ikuhisa Tamura (Franchise Star & Heavyweight Champion) Patrick “The Titan” Thomas & Andrew Rush

Cork: George Laurent & Roy Lynch (Captain)

PFI Path of Glory Advert on RTE Sports

(Music: Dies Irae From Verdi's Reqiuem)

Voice Over: A new sensation in combat sport is sweeping Ireland like a force. Pro Fighting Ireland is the newest and most exicting MMA product in the world. Now, live and free on the brand new RTE Sport, we bring you the best the future of this fine company. Hot off the heels of the Elite & National League we bring you Path of Glory

Wright: Each show will bring you a major PFI fight in the build up to the PFI 2000 Grand Prix. Also the fates of fighters will be decided. New Fighters will emerge and fight for there place in PFI Season 2. Do you have what it takes?

Voice Over: PFI Path of Glory. Coming Soon to RTE Sport.

Wes hersch: Do you have what it takes to takes these belts from me?

Whiteman: Can you make me tap tap?

Ziskie: Is there a fighter in Ireland I can't kill?

Wright: Do you have the dream? If the lights on the fights on!

http://profightingireland.webs.com/Path%20of%20Glory.png

PFI Press Release regarding Andrew Rush

Press Statement from the Offices of Pro Fight Ireland

I regret to inform the MMA community and any current or potential fans of both PFi and the Dublin Frachise that Andrew Rush has left the company and his contract will end the day of the first league match. He will not be eligible to fight. When this happens in both the National & Elite League a team can replace the fighter they have lost. This is done from a list of fighters signed since the draft. The only fighter curretnly available to replace Rush is Giovanni Silva

It is my great pleasure to announced that talented Lightweight Giovanni Silva will be taking Rush's place on the Dublin Franchise. "The Brazilian Wonderkid" is 37 years old, stands 5 foot 6 inches and hails from Brazillia, Brazil. He is a veteran of over 30 fights with a record of 21-11 and fights with a Muay Thai style. He is currently on a 4 fight loosing streak from his time in Alpha-1. I am sure he can turn it around here in Ireland. He may have lost the fights but they where all competitive and incredibly entertaining. He is currently ranked Number 2 in the PFI Lightweight Pound for Pound rankings behind Number 1, and fellow country man, Helio. Silva will not be available to fight in the first league match and will replace Rush in the Dublin Franchise roster the day after there match with Cork.

Richard Wright

PFI Elite League 1: Dublin Vs Cork

PFI Elite League 1

Match: Dublin Vs Cork

The Tap Zone (The PFI Arena), Dublin

Attendance: 493

Gate: 9,860

* A pyro display to the U2 song "A Beautiful Day" *

Richard Wright: I would like to welcome you to the very first PFI League Match. I hope you enjoy the show. Here is how the points system works:

5 points for a win

2 point bonus for – Team Captain win or Franchise Star win

3 point bonus for - beating a team captain of Franchise Star

1 for Decision

2 for TKO

3 for Submission

3 for KO

1 for title Defense

1 for title win

Match 1

Brian Barnes (Dublin) Vs Ernie Bruns (Cork)

Heavyweight Division

Result: Brian Barnes By Decision

Fight Rating: Decent

Match 2

Mills Mullaly (Dublin Team Captain) Vs Marlon John (Cork)

Team Captain Fight - Middleweight Division

Result: Marlon John By Decision

Match 3

Manish Khan (Dublin) Vs Masahiro Maeno (Cork)

Featherweight Division

Result: Manish Khan via TKO in Round 1 (2:24)

Match 4

Heikichi Shimizu (Dublin) Vs Paulo Roberto Bezerra (Cork Franchise Star)

Franchise Star Fight - Lightweight Division

Result: Shimizu Via First Round Armbar Submission (3:38)

Match 5 - Main Event & Featherweight Title Fight

Philip Ziskie (Dublin Franchise Star) Vs Sammy Gaffigan (Cork Franchise Star)

All Franchise Star Title Fight in the Featherweight Division

Result: Ziskie via 1st Round Armbar Submission (1:54)

Match Points Totals:

Dublin: 36 Points

Cork: 9 Points

PFI National League 1: Derry Vs Galway

PFI National League 1

Derry Vs Galway

Live from the The Tap Zone (The PFI Arena), Dublin

Attendance: 432

Gate: 8,640

* A pyro display to the U2 song "A Beautiful Day" *

Richard: Thank you for joining us tonight for the start of the PFI National League. The points in the National League work as follows:

5 points for a win

2 point bonus for – Team Captain Win or Franchise Star win

3 point bonus for beating a team captain of Franchise Star

1 for Decision

2 for TKO

3 for Submission

3 for KO

2 for rookie win

1 for Rookie going to decision against None Rookie

Randy Turnbull (Derry/Rookie) vs Oniji Arihyoshi (Galway/Rookie)

All Rookie Middleweight Fights

Result: Turnbull wins By First Round Submission (Rear Naked Choke)

Rating: Fanatstic

Ron Chuckle (Derry) Vs Thomas O'Cann (Galway/Team Captain)

Team Captain Fight

Result: Ron Chuckle Via First Round TKO

Heinrich Schreider (Derry/Rookie) Vs Wilson Franklyn (Galway)

Rookie Fight

Result: Franklyn By Decision

Harold Huge (Galway/Franchise Star/Rookie) Vs Connor Houghton (Derry/Team Captain)

Rookie/Franchise Star Vs Team Captain Fight

Result: Huge wins by Decision

Main Event:

Pim Pim Gwon (Galway) Vs Louie Sullivan (Derry/Franchise Star)

Franchise Star Fight

Result: Sullivan via Decision

Rating: Poor

Match Points Total:

Derry = 29 Points

Galway = 17 Points

Ok Due to the fact that I am posting to requently I am gonna set up a standing schedule for this diary. Shows will be every other week on a monday and a friday to correspond with in game booking. Results will be posted on a monday and friday afternoons (UK time). Pre-Show build up will be posted on the monday and friday of the week that there are no show Thus giving 7 days for anyone who wants to predict the show.

This will start as of the the first week in May. Due to other commitments the National league card will be posted on the wednesday of next week rather then the friday and the results for the elite league will be posted on the tuesday. After that thigns should run as planned.

Richard Wright

Archived