Demo Bugs?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not from GDS but i'm in the beta team. Yes please if you find bugs report them as you did. The game is not finished yet and we know some already but it's always nice to have more eyes looking at them.

I've got a bug to report. On this punt a penalty was called against Buffalo but charged against West Virginia: West Virginia ball, Q1, 4-7-WVU36 (07:06) 0-0 Aubrey Standlee Punts 43 yards to the Buffalo 21 yard line, where Ovie Kovac returns it to Buffalo 38 for a 17 yard return. Unnecessary Roughness against TE Cookie McMillian on Buffalo. The Penalty is for 15 yards, and an automatic first down. The Offense will accept the penalty. It is now First and 10 at the West Virginia 47.

Ok... here's another from the same game... Buffalo scored a touchdown and needed to go for 2 to tie the game up. They opted to just go for 3 and take the lead...yeah. Buffalo ball, Q4, 2-3-WVU24 (03:53) 16-24 Offense: Medium Pass, Set: Shotgun, Play: SG-FL-curls (med pass) Defense: Stop Run, Set: 3-4, Play: 34-run-SZ (target run) QB B. Kooistra completes a 24 yard post to WR O. Kovac ****Touchdown!***** Buffalo ball, Q4, 1-0-WVU0 (03:27) 22-24 Jashon Reichow converts the 21 yard field goal. Buffalo ball, Q4, 1-10-BUF35 (03:11) 25-24 Jashon Reichow kicks 47 from Buffalo 35 to West Virginia 18. Whizzer Tiller to West Virginia 26 for a 8 yard return. As you can see the score went from 24-16 to 25-24, which would be impossible.

Am I the only one who has seen this bug? It happened again. West Virginia ball, Q4, 1-10-BUF21 (01:04) 24-25 Offense: Medium Pass, Set: Shotgun, Play: SG-TE-ins (med pass) Defense: Stop Pass, Set: Dime, Play: Dime-pass-Man-B6,10 (target pass) QB C. Joiner completes a 21 yard in to TE L. Hoambrecker ****Touchdown!***** West Virginia ball, Q4, 1-0-BUF0 (00:49) 30-25 Dimitrius Harrell converts the 21 yard field goal. West Virginia ball, Q4, 1-10-WVU35 (00:42) 33-25 Dimitrius Harrell kicks 67 from West Virginia 35 to Buffalo -2. Zachary Stoerner to Buffalo 5 for a 7 yard return.

This is a gripe and not a bug. I think the way that players are initially allocated to teams (what state they're from) could use some work. For example, the most "eastern" guy on Southern Cal is from Wyoming. It looks like it's done on a purely regional basis. I'm sure things would change in time with recruiting (at least I'd hope so), but it does seem kind of odd and maybe something that wouldn't be too hard to fix.

Here goes one. When you line up for a Field Goal. Its says "Getting ready for the Extra Point" -Opps You might have alredy caught that. The game is awesome so far though after one game with Air Force. Lost 23-17 to Army, but what a game. Also will there be more plays when the game is released? I can only run option to the right. I would think you would give us the ability to run plays in both directions. Keep up the great work!

Here's a way more minor bug. Defensive holding is not an automatic first down in college football. West Virginia ball, Q1, 2-19-BALL32 (04:14) 3-0 Offense: Medium Pass, Set: I Form, Play: I-SE-slant-FL-str (med pass) Defense: Stop Pass, Set: Dime, Play: Dime-pass-Man (target pass) QB C. Joiner throws an incomplete pass to WR A. Ferrario. Holding against SS Dermontti Demaree on Ball State. The Penalty is for 10 yards, and an automatic first down. The Offense will accept the penalty. It is now First and 10 at the Ball State 22.

Some odd stuff at the end of the game: With 20 seconds to go in regulation of a tied game, we called a timeout to set up a punt. There is no message about a coin toss or anything before overtime, which seemed strange. Also the game clock shows some numbers during overtime, I think they might've been the teams' time of possesion. My team played defense first and forced a turnover, and then took over the ball. We only needed a field goal to win, but still went for it on 4th and goal from the 2.

Another punt related bug. Hawaii ball, Q4, 4-9-HAW42 (06:58) 7-27 Cosey Reese Punts 43 yards to the California 15 yard line, where Casey Kern returns it to California 32 for a 17 yard return. Clipping against RB Miller Salata on Hawaii. The Penalty is for 15 yards. The Defense will accept the penalty. It is now First and 10 at the California 17. In the pbp, I've seen "He fake pumps", obviously it should read "He pump fakes".

[QUOTE=timmy]Some odd stuff at the end of the game: With 20 seconds to go in regulation of a tied game, we called a timeout to set up a punt. There is no message about a coin toss or anything before overtime, which seemed strange. Also the game clock shows some numbers during overtime, I think they might've been the teams' time of possesion. My team played defense first and forced a turnover, and then took over the ball. We only needed a field goal to win, but still went for it on 4th and goal from the 2.[/QUOTE] Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you get a field goal and the other team scores a TD don't you loose? If yes, then even I would go for it on 4th and goal from opponant 10 or whatever, if turned over they would have bad field possesion and I could force a turnover to TD play.

Archived