Demo Bugs?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=Sef0r]Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you get a field goal and the other team scores a TD don't you loose? If yes, then even I would go for it on 4th and goal from opponant 10 or whatever, if turned over they would have bad field possesion and I could force a turnover to TD play.[/QUOTE] You must have missed where he said the other team was on defense first and forced a turnover. A FG would have ended the game.

No, timmy said he was on defense first and forced a turnover. So when it was his team's turn to be on offense any points would have won the game. [edit]What Mike D said. Another bug, under my AD's expectations, it says "Try not to get blown out by Texas-El Paso as well". UTEP was not on my schedule.

[QUOTE=Scott Vibert]That happens when UTEP is set up as your schedule (are they in conference?) and for whatever reason are setup in the database to be scheduled by your team.[/QUOTE] I was coaching as Hawaii. UTEP used to be in the WAC but they joined CUSA this season, so I'm guessing UTEP is still listed somewhere in the database as being in the WAC err Western 9.

Another penalty bug. On this play roughing the passer was called even though we sacked the quarterback. Cincinnati ball, Q3, 4-1-WVU19 (00:53) 3-45 Offense: Short Pass, Set: Pro Set, Play: PS-FL-outs (short pass) Defense: Stop Pass, Set: 3-4, Play: 34-pass-MZ (target pass) QB D. Derby gets sacked for a 8 yard loss (DE M. McFadden). Roughing the Passer against DT Dario Galloway on West Virginia. The Penalty is for 15 yards, and an automatic first down. The Offense will accept the penalty. It is now First and 10 at the West Virginia 13.

[QUOTE=timmy]Another penalty bug. On this play roughing the passer was called even though we sacked the quarterback. Cincinnati ball, Q3, 4-1-WVU19 (00:53) 3-45 Offense: Short Pass, Set: Pro Set, Play: PS-FL-outs (short pass) Defense: Stop Pass, Set: 3-4, Play: 34-pass-MZ (target pass) QB D. Derby gets sacked for a 8 yard loss (DE M. McFadden). Roughing the Passer against DT Dario Galloway on West Virginia. The Penalty is for 15 yards, and an automatic first down. The Offense will accept the penalty. It is now First and 10 at the West Virginia 13.[/QUOTE] You can get a roughing the passer on a sack IRL too, just so you know.

Possible penalty bug I think this is a penalty bug, but I'm not up on the college rule as opposed to the pro rule. ------------------- Pittsburgh ball, Q1, 2-5-NEB41 (10:18) 0-3 Offense: Inside Run, Set: Strong, Play: ST-FB-power-LT (inside run) Defense: Stop Run, Set: Nickel, Play: Nickel-MZ-B5,8 (target run) FB S. Osika runs left guard for -2 yards (OLB C. Dorris). Offsides against CB Hines Kirschke on Nebraska. The Penalty is for 5 yards. The Offense will accept the penalty. It is now First and 10 at the Nebraska 36. ------------------------- Shouldn't that be first and 5?

And another: ------------------ Pittsburgh ball, Q1, 1-10-NEB24 (09:08) 0-3 Offense: Medium Pass, Set: Double TE, Play: DTE-SE-playact-corner (med pass) Defense: Stop Pass, Set: Nickel, Play: Nickel-pass-Man-B10 (target pass) QB E. Wesley completes a 4 yard corner to WR B. Bull (CB C. Withrow). Roughing the Passer against DT Anquan Buckey on Nebraska. The Penalty is for 15 yards, and an automatic first down. The Offense will accept the penalty. It is now First and Goal at the Nebraska 5. ---------------- Shouldn't that be half the distance...mark it at the ten?

This one can't be right either. ----------- Nebraska ball, Q2, 1-10-NEB20 (11:52) 17-7 Offense: Inside Run, Set: Shotgun, Play: SG-HB-draw-C (inside run) Defense: Stop Pass, Set: 3-4, Play: 34-pass-SZ-B5,6 (target pass) RB G. Inkrott runs right guard for 25 yards (CB J. Inkrott, SS B. Villapiano). The Defense will accept the penalty. It is now Second and 1 at the Pittsburgh 36. ----------- This can't be right either, can it? I was the defense, so how could they gain from it. Even more, how could it be 2nd and 1?

[QUOTE=CapnPitt]I think this is a penalty bug, but I'm not up on the college rule as opposed to the pro rule. ------------------- Pittsburgh ball, Q1, 2-5-NEB41 (10:18) 0-3 Offense: Inside Run, Set: Strong, Play: ST-FB-power-LT (inside run) Defense: Stop Run, Set: Nickel, Play: Nickel-MZ-B5,8 (target run) FB S. Osika runs left guard for -2 yards (OLB C. Dorris). Offsides against CB Hines Kirschke on Nebraska. The Penalty is for 5 yards. The Offense will accept the penalty. It is now First and 10 at the Nebraska 36. ------------------------- Shouldn't that be first and 5?[/QUOTE] Well, if it's 2nd and 5, a 5 yard penalty will make it 1st and 10.

I will contribute a penalty bug, but unfortunately, I didn't cut and paste it (but will do so in the future) Washington punts ball, returned to the Texas Christian 41.... Penalty on TCU....for piling on 15 yard penalty Ball moved to Washington 44 The player was actually a Washington player who got flagged, although it was called in the play-by-play against Texas Christian.

Another bug in the play by play (I believe) is when you get a response to a play like this: "False. The ball is interecepted by SS Jackson and returned 14 yards." The "False" seems to be reporting a condition that was temporarily put in there to provide a visual clue of what was going on to the developer. Has anyone else seen this?

Hmmm, downloaded demo. Tried to install. Install dies at 44%. I find a message in here that leads to another message that starts talking about updating MDAC databases without giving any clue how to do it. Yeah right. Meanwhile, horrible nightmarish visions of what Tournament Dreams was like when I first got it start flashing into my head. Not good. What can I do to make these awful visions go away? Oh well, put word out on the internet when you figure out how to make a demo that installs without major surgery on my computer and bringing back nightmares of awful game releases.

[QUOTE=doctatyrone]After scoring a touchdown against me LSU set up for a two point conversion, i then switched to enable (I had disabled while on defense) and then LSU decided to kick the extra point for which they received three points.[/QUOTE] Yes, someone mentioned that above. That is one I noticed at least twice in the same game. They replied that it had been fixed in beta but popped up again. So seems it's known how to fix it; will just have to do it. ;)

[QUOTE=timmy]Buffalo scored a touchdown and needed to go for 2 to tie the game up. They opted to just go for 3 and take the lead...yeah. Buffalo ball, Q4, 2-3-WVU24 (03:53) 16-24 Offense: Medium Pass, Set: Shotgun, Play: SG-FL-curls (med pass) Defense: Stop Run, Set: 3-4, Play: 34-run-SZ (target run) QB B. Kooistra completes a 24 yard post to WR O. Kovac ****Touchdown!***** Buffalo ball, Q4, 1-0-WVU0 (03:27) 22-24 Jashon Reichow converts the 21 yard field goal.[/QUOTE] Same thing happen in my game.

I think the 2 pt conversion bug is one of the most annoying. Western Michigan is down 3 late in the game when Iowa State scores. They go for 2 and miss, but luckilly a penalty saves them. They again go for 2 and the score. Uh oh...now I'm down 11 late in the game. Nope. They get awarded another 6 points for the conversion. Tack on an extra point and I'm now down 16. Either way I'm probably not going to come back...but thats quite a deal breaker.

Archived