Bugs I've found...

Here's a pretty major one, I think: [quote]Buffalo ball, Q1, 3-13-BUF30 (12:52) 0-0 Offense: Medium Pass, Set: SingleBack, Play: SB-SE-slants (med pass) Defense: Stop Pass, Set: Nickel, Play: Nickel-pass-Man-B10 (target pass) B. Florence has his 9 yard pass intercepted by R. Maynard at the BUF 39. He returns it 4 yards to the Buffalo 35. Roughing the Passer against OLB Peyton Unitas on Florida Int. The Penalty is for 15 yards, and an automatic first down. The Offense will accept the penalty. It is now Fourth and 10 at the Buffalo 41. Florida Int ball, Q1, 4-10-BUF41 (12:37) 0-0 Drew Rohde Punts 41 yards to the end zone, Touchback.[/quote] Also, illegal motion is allowing the play to go on, then giving the option to accept or decline. It's a dead ball foul, so there is no play, and there's no option for acceptance. If the game engine is built such that a play has to take place before the "roll" for a penalty takes place, then it should at least be an automatic penalty. That's it so far, will add to this as I find more.

[QUOTE=Kelly J Delaney]Roughing the Passer against OLB Peyton Unitas You would figure he would be a QB with a name like that.[/QUOTE] Nah. Think about growing up with that name. People would be prodding you about QB's so much that you'd hate them. Then you'd grow up to be an OLB that has such hatred that you get roughing penalties. :D

Oooh, found another: [quote]Buffalo ball, Q2, 1-10-FIU33 (06:28) 7-10 Offense: Short Pass, Set: SingleBack, Play: SB-HB-screen (short pass) Defense: Stop Pass, Set: 3-4, Play: 34-pass-MZ (target pass) QB B. Florence completes a 3 yard screen to RB E. Marler (DE Z. Yates). Ineligible Receiver Downfield against OT Na Hudson on Buffalo. The Penalty is for 5 yards. The Defense will accept the penalty. It is now First and 15 at the Florida Int 38. [/quote] I'm pretty sure the rule is that ineligible receivers can be downfield if the pass is not thrown beyond the line of scrimmage. Like a screen.

OK, this one is really, really, really bad. It could seriously cost people some games. [quote]Florida Int ball, Q3, 3-1-BUF1 (03:28) 13-28 Offense: Inside Run, Set: SingleBack, Play: SB-HB-draw-RG (inside run) Defense: Stop Run, Set: Goal Line, Play: GL-run-SZ (target run) RB A. Campbell runs right tackle for 1 yard ****Touchdown!***** Florida Int ball, Q3, 1-0-BUF0 (03:00) 19-28 Vann McMahon converts the 21 yard field goal. Florida Int ball, Q3, 1-10-FIU35 (02:45) 22-28 [/quote] That was after the game told me that they were coming out in I-form (or it might've been singleback) for a 2 pointer. Suddenly he's kicking a field goal that's worth 3. Bad.

Sure enough, that bug cost me a game. [quote]Florida Int ball, Q4, 1-10-FIU46 (00:21) 32-31 Offense: Inside Run, Set: Quads, Play: SG-HB-draw-C (inside run) Defense: Normal, Set: 3-3-5, Play: 335-norm-MZ (normal) The QB takes a knee. [/quote]

as far as the illegal motion/illegal shift goes, i think that is a penalty that would allow the play to go on and then be accepted or declined after the fact. it's a false start that would stop the play before it started. at least that's the way i think it goes i could be wrong.

illegal motion/shift penalty is deferred, doesn't kill the play. inelgible man downfield can happen on a screen play, the rule is that you can't run downfield and block until the ball has been thrown. this happens on screens when the QB keeps pump faking and backpedaling and doesn't get the ball out quick enough.

[QUOTE=dime]illegal motion/shift penalty is deferred, doesn't kill the play. inelgible man downfield can happen on a screen play, the rule is that you can't run downfield and block until the ball has been thrown. this happens on screens when the QB keeps pump faking and backpedaling and doesn't get the ball out quick enough.[/QUOTE] Yup. As a matter of fact, screens are the most likely play that it occurs on.

Hmm, my bad on the rules issues. Confusing illegal motion with a false start was just a late night brain fart I guess, because I know better, and I honestly didn't know about the fact that OL's couldn't block downfield before the pass is thrown on a screen, although I guess it makes sense. I just hope all of the AI and other bugs get worked out. The engine looks like a vast improvement over TPF, and if the obvious bugs get worked out I'll definately be buying this game.

Oh, I nearly forgot. I'm not sure whether this is a bug or a design flaw, but during the game, some of the teams' stats are just unreadable. See Tennessee for an example. The font color used just doesn't work with the background colors for some. That's probably my only big non-bug complaint so far.

I was just wanting to watch a few games, and I found that simming games is really clunky. 1) I was wanting to watch all the top 25 games for a week. When I highlighted the "play" button for all the games in the "top 25" on the screen, and I'd scroll down to highlight the rest, I found that they were already highlighted. Not only that, but I looked at non-top 25 games and all those buttons were highlighted as well even though I didn't hit the play button. 2) So then I started watching a few games, and I found that it only played the games I had origionally highlighed... even though all the games had "play" highlighted. It just quick simmed those after it was finished. I was confused. 3) Can you sim just one game at a time? Like, there is a button for "sim week" and "sim season" but not one for sim game. When you want to watch a played game, can you just watch that one played game without the game automatically simming all the games that week after the game you are watching is over? 4) We really need an official "bugs" thread. Seems people are posting their findings all over the forum.

I have observed that if you switch players on your depth chart (switching inside linebackers, for example) during the game, the color code on the game screen does not get updated. Example Your left Inside Linebacker is Blue. Your right Inside Linebacker is Green. You go to your depth chart and switch them. On the game screen, your left ILB is still blue, even though it's now a different player. This doesn't seem to happen when you sub out - it only happens when you switch players already in the lineup.

Small penalty bug: Georgia Tech ball, Q2, 2-1-GATC43 (10:01) 3-7 Offense: Outside Run, Set: SingleBack, Play: SB-QB-bootleg-LE (outside run) Defense: Stop Pass, Set: Nickel, Play: Nickel-pass-DZ (target pass) QB M. Bighead runs left end for 4 yards (SS C. Baniewicz, FS K. LaChapelle). Offsides against OLB Itula Schumacher on Clemson. The Penalty is for 5 yards. The penalty will be declined. Gain of 4 yards, but the penalty for 5 was declined. The first down was gained as a result of the play, but the penalty should have still been accepted for the additional yard.

[QUOTE=Tim Plum]1. known issue 2. known issue 3. no you really can't play/sim one game a week without the week playing out. 4. the testers are recording the bugs, people should post them in tech support but they come in and start typing.[/QUOTE] Ah, didn't even see the TS section. Will post my bugs there from now on.

[quote]WR Garrison Nugent looks to be open on the streak pattern. QB Dwayne Hollis makes the throw the SE with the catch. He's brought down quickly by ILB Speedy Wallace after a short gain." Penn State calls timeout!MO: Gain of 1 on the play.[/quote] How do you gain one yard on a streak pattern? :confused:

Archived