Great Job! Couple of minor suggestions.

I'm playing through the demo and so far I absolutely love this. The only thing that would make it immensely better would be a 3D graphics engine that shows the results of the play. ;) Since that's not about to happen... here are a couple of very minor suggestions: 1. Drop the background 'cloud graphic' under the stadium on the PBP. Yeah, you get used to it, but it still looks weird to have the game floating in midair. :) 2. When the user makes a change on a depth chart or other similar screen, ask if the user wants to save his changes when he leaves the screen. For some reason, intuitively I keep thinking my changes automatically take, I leave the screen and then realize they weren't saved because I didn't click on the 'Save' button. 3. Very minor thing here, but it would add to the 'polish'. Put a check to see if the stats in the after game e-mail should be plural or singular to avoid all the parenthetical qualifiers.. ie, it should just say "1 sack" or "3 sacks" instead of "1 sack(s)". 4. I LOVE the formation windows. The only thing I might suggest is adding a button to display player names under the position icons. Those are just my fout minor modifications.. One question. Do CPU teams adjust their gameplans based on what their opponent's tendencies are? If not, this gives player controlled teams a huge advantage.

Thanks! I actually thought that would be a nice way to handle it after I posted the above.. Nice to see it was done. :) One other suggestion which probably isn't as easy would be a "Scores Ticker" that updates during the course of a game you're watching.. ie, when you watch a game, it sims the other games and then posts scores every '10 minutes in game' or some such...

[QUOTE=gambler1650]One question. Do CPU teams adjust their gameplans based on what their opponent's tendencies are? If not, this gives player controlled teams a huge advantage.[/QUOTE] Yes, the CPU will choose an individual gameplan for each game based both on his team's strengths/weaknesses, but also those of his opponent.

Archived