What are the best styles of play for off/def

Though you've posted this in the wrong sub-forum; I'll answer anyway!

There's no particular style that is best; to really see the best results, you have to tailor your offense and defense to the players you have and in some cases the coordinator you have on staff. I've ran nearly every offense and defense in solo play and have been able to make them all work well.

I agree - you have to look at what players you have and try to tailor your offense/defense to their strengths.....and in future, recruit players that will best fit your desired schemes.

if you have a noodle-armed QB, good luck trying to be successful with the west coast offense (for example). Real life has plenty of examples of coaches who tried to force their beloved scheme on players who were recruited for a different system (Look at Michigan where they lost more games than the storied history of the school when Rich Rod tried to run his WVA spread there).

It seems like the "staff" will give a suggestion as to what system to use, but you can still choose your own -- especially if it's not way different.

Archived