The Official ROH Discussion Thread

Wrestling Century

I wish I had better access to ROH. I am not up on it as much as I would like but I do love what I have seen of the promotion. I have only been to three live shows, but any time they come up to Boston I try and go.

I've been to just one. The Supercard of Honor show in Houston at WM last year. It has the awesome Davey Richards-KENTA match, which is still my MOTY, plus Lynn taking the belt from Nigel. It was cool to be there for that, just for how long Nigel held the belt and how obviously messed up he was. I also went to WM and the follow night Raw on that trip and the ROH was the highlight of it.

I have to admit I'm not liking all these general discussion threads. Should I create a general discussion thread for AJPW if I even want to talk about them.

Would having a "General AJPW" or "General Puro" thread be worse than deciding to make three separate threads as you have three different thoughts/questions? If the thread isn't going to generate enough discussion to be worthwhile, its going to get buried quick.

I've been to just one. The Supercard of Honor show in Houston at WM last year. It has the awesome Davey Richards-KENTA match, which is still my MOTY, plus Lynn taking the belt from Nigel. It was cool to be there for that, just for how long Nigel held the belt and how obviously messed up he was. I also went to WM and the follow night Raw on that trip and the ROH was the highlight of it.

My friend did the exact same trip that you did last year and he is going to do the same this yeah when it goes to Phoenix.

The last ROH show that I saw was The American Dragon's and Nigel's next to last show with the company (I was going to go down to New York City for their last show, which was the next night, but I just did not feel like driving for four hours for a wrestling show.). The show was great, the only thing that I did not like was the house mic was very bad and so when the ring announcer was doing intros for the matches, nobody could hear him. Which sucked because, (and I hate to admit it) I only knew the top stars and the guys who had been in TNA or the WWF. I had no clue as to who some of the newer guys were.

I was also mad that there was no Necro Butcher on the crowd. That left a sour taste in my mouth.:D

Ahhh Tyler Black...RoH's Super Secret.

First off, I'm not a ROHbot, I just catch RoH on HDnet on Youtube a good bit and then read reports for their major shows, but I'll attempt to explain Black.

Black came to prominence in ROH when he formed the uber-cool anarchist tag team Age of the Fall with fellow emo kid Jimmy Jacobs (In reality they were reforming DIFH from WSX, a pairing that seemed to have alot of chemisty). The whole AOTF story I found to be highly confusing but the gist of it seems to be they bounced around a bit before hitting the roadblock that was Nerco Butcher. Butcher was briefly in AOTF before turning on them and fueding....something something Austin Aries doesn't like Black...Aries goes heel, Black goes face...Black beats Jacobs in their fued....??????....PROFIT!!!!!

Honestly? Black main appeal seems to be he's just a great wrestler in the ROHbot hive mind. He's put on good matches and was elevated for it over the last 2 years.

HOWEVER

That might be coming to a big haul this month.

ROHbots hate false starts for pushes more than any other fan. Thus why Roderick Strong is stuck in Purgatory hell. Black has been feuding with AA but has failed to win the title many times which is something ROHbots hate. He was widely expected to win the title from AA in New York this December, however the match WAS A DISASTER as it was booked to be 1 hour draw broadway...but AA was booked to spend 99% of the match running away from Black instead of wrestling him, you know chickensh!t heel but WAY overdone. The match was openly boo'd and the fans begged for it end.

RoH is trying to redo the whole damn thing this month in a rematch, must win back in New York but many feel the match killed Black and that the rematch just won't be accepted by the turned off fans. The fact that it still has an hour time limit and there's three judges (Kenny King, Colt Cabana??? and Jim Cornette NWA style) just adds to these fears.

Honestly? If this match doesn't go over Black might just need to F off elsewhere because he'll have been rejected by the ROHbots who once loved him. Which must be annoying for Adam Pearce considering Bryan Danielson put over Black in his fued in ROH.

To me Black seems ok in the ring....ye gods is he horrible at promos though.

Seems like at this point the talent losses at the top of the card to WWE/TNA are really starting to show.

I would concur, Black to me just seems kinda meh. I think ROH has a lot more quality workers, I am even not that high on Austin Aries but at least I get why he is champion.

That said, I have weird taste.

I absolutely LOVE Jimmy Rave who doesn't seem to be that popular.

ah.....poor jimmy rave. That guy got so much heat it was crazy. I have to admit i have not watched roh for a while. But one thing that stuck out in my mind was the toilet paper being thrown into the ring when rave was intoduiced. I still to this day don't know if that was roh doing plants in the audience or the people just really hated him that much. There were not alot of great heels in roh at that time. Rave got super heat.

ah.....poor jimmy rave. That guy got so much heat it was crazy. I have to admit i have not watched roh for a while. But one thing that stuck out in my mind was the toilet paper being thrown into the ring when rave was intoduiced. I still to this day don't know if that was roh doing plants in the audience or the people just really hated him that much. There were not alot of great heels in roh at that time. Rave got super heat.

Not sure but when I went to a house show in Boston, the fans were throwing all sorts of crap in the ring. So it could very well be real fans.

Originally Posted by alden

That guy always gets so much heat and you know why because he looks like a peice of **** and is in real life trust me I know.

• 3 weeks later...