The Official ROH Discussion Thread

Wrestling Century

BOO. I like Tyler just fine, but I don't see him as world champion material. I hope his reign is short-lived.

Way to give him a chance...

I'm not Tyler's biggest fan, but I always believe in letting the newly crowned champion run with the ball first.

I've seen Tyler wrestle at the only ROH house show I went to(alongside Jacobs I think?) and I hope he makes a killer with this run. Might tune in to see what gives. Of course, I'm a bigger fan of Aries and hope he wins it back soon.

I'm not Tyler's biggest fan, but I always believe in letting the newly crowned champion run with the ball first.

I've seen Tyler wrestle at the only ROH house show I went to(alongside Jacobs I think?) and I hope he makes a killer with this run. Might tune in to see what gives. Of course, I'm a bigger fan of Aries and hope he wins it back soon.

I am a tad more optimistic then I thought I would be for Black’ reign. Sure they waited too long to finally pull the trigger on it (should have happen way before Aries ever got the title). But, at least it wasn’t like when Nigel had the title. When they would build people up then never pull the trigger even though they had zero fresh match-ups and a Champion who got injured every other month (I like Nigel, but his health was horrible his entire reign). Though once they finally pulled the trigger you got a short but okay Lynn title reign. Followed by a great (if not a little too short) reign for Aries. So if the trend continues we should be in line for a good title reign, which I expect to be fairly short, as it will most likely lead to then next year plus reign that will be Richards. The only thing that could hurt it is he will be compared to Aries all the time who is a better wrestler and by far has a better character.

I'm not allowed to disagree with the decision just because it is a recent one? If his title run turns out to be a success, hey, that's great. As I said, I like Tyler, and I'd be perfectly fine with him surpassing my expectations as champ. But at this moment, I don't think it made sense to take the title off of Aries and put it on Tyler. I just feel like Aries is the most complete guy on the ROH roster. I know that, whenever I see him on the ROH TV show, he comes across to me as the biggest star they have.

And even with the praise I just threw out for him, I'm going to disagree with you on Aries getting the belt back any time soon. I wanted him to keep the belt, but now that he's lost it, I don't want him to win it back in the immediate future. Down the road, maybe. I'm guessing it'll be Davey who takes the belt off of Tyler, whenever that may be.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

He would actually, especially if he came in as a p!ssed off veteran looking to punish the roster for his failing in the WWE.

I'd keep him away from Brent Albright though...too many similarities in my mind to be honest.

Also, I've heard talk of Shawn Daivari coming in to join the embassy, which'd be awesome in my view. Nana and Daivari FTW.

I actually mentioned wanting to see Haas in ROH to a friend of mine yesterday. I think he'd be a good fit, just as Jamie Noble was when he wrestled in ROH as James Gibson in between his WWE stints. I imagine he'll probably wind up in TNA, though--where he will promptly get lost in the shuffle on their ridiculously overcrowded roster.

Daivari alongside Nana in The Embassy? That would be fantastic.

An excerpt from an interview Haas did for Monday Night Mayhem:

Becoming a great fit within the confines of Ring Of Honor: "I agree with you 100%. I've been watching the product, I know Jim Cornette personally, and I just love what they're doing down there. I've worked with Cornette; I like the formulation of what he's done in the past in OVW and what he's doing now. I think I'll be a great fit. Those kids could go, and they wrestle. These men wrestle, and that's what it's about. I have so much left in my tank. My body's healthy. I'm determined. I'm not gonna sit back and be upset & retire, I wanna go out and prove myself. I wanna prove myself to all the skeptics & all the creative that they didn't know what they had."

Looks like we may get our wish.

Charlie Haas could do awsome,

He could probally have some great matches...

but does anyone else than me think ROH should have gotten Mike Quackenbush on a full time roster spot?

The man is so awsome, and can have some great matches..

when i think of it, what ever happent to the Trios Tournement in ROH?

dident they have one before?

Charlie Haas could do awsome,

He could probally have some great matches...

but does anyone else than me think ROH should have gotten Mike Quackenbush on a full time roster spot?

The man is so awsome, and can have some great matches..

when i think of it, what ever happent to the Trios Tournement in ROH?

dident they have one before?

Quack is too busy to do ROH full time. So it isn't they wouldn't want him full time.

<p>He didn't state exactly what he was going doing but you could tell from the way he was talking he was thinking "Well Jesus, Since I worked really hard and achieved my dream in wrestling I must be able to achieve anything I want in life via hard work"</p><p> </p><p>

That kind of mentality. Drat, we going to lose the Best in the World.</p>

He didn't state exactly what he was going doing but you could tell from the way he was talking he was thinking "Well Jesus, Since I worked really hard and achieved my dream in wrestling I must be able to achieve anything I want in life via hard work"

That kind of mentality. Drat, we going to lose the Best in the World.

WTF?? He recently resigned with ROH for a semi written longer then a year I believe and he is on top of the indy world now but not the wrestling world. Would be a damn shame to see him go.

• 2 weeks later...