The Official ROH Discussion Thread

Wrestling Century

Speaking of The Fallen Angel the biggest mistake ROH ever made may be never giving him the title. I mean the summer of Punk should have lead to him winning the title and instead they give it to Gibson who had no business being the ROH champion (though not to the extent of Xavier). It just seems like one of those decisions that gets made because you want to shock the fans and not go with what is obvious even if what is obvious would be the better story.

Don't think Daniels has left, at least don't hope so. It seems TNA has mended fences with ROH lately as they have been allowing talent to appear on their shows as long as it wasn't tv. Maybe they have extended this to online ppv. If Daniels has left or is doing this without permission in order to provoke a firing I would be pissed at TNA.

Speaking of The Fallen Angel the biggest mistake ROH ever made may be never giving him the title. I mean the summer of Punk should have lead to him winning the title and instead they give it to Gibson who had no business being the ROH champion (though not to the extent of Xavier). It just seems like one of those decisions that gets made because you want to shock the fans and not go with what is obvious even if what is obvious would be the better story.

I agree. They had two golden opportunities to give him the belt: when he got The Prophecy going, and when he came back during the Summer of Punk. Instead, they had Xavier (seriously?) win the belt for The Prophecy rather than the leader of the group, and passed over Daniels for Gibson. I did really enjoy Gibson's time in ROH, and wasn't necessarily upset to see him win the title, but it would have made more sense for Daniels to beat Punk considering their storyline history.

Watchin it now.:D

I'll post my thoughts and junk when its all over. Suffice to say though, Daniels needs to be the next champ, then Davey. And then Kenny King. King vs. Richards was that hot fire!

- Sonfaro

That depends. If Daniels is still with TNA, it would make no sense for ROH to give him the title. It's possible they've decided to allow him to work on this show, since it's online only, but I don't see them allowing him to take part in ROH's TV tapings. And I don't think it would make much sense to have a World champion who couldn't appear on your TV show.

That depends. If Daniels is still with TNA, it would make no sense for ROH to give him the title. It's possible they've decided to allow him to work on this show, since it's online only, but I don't see them allowing him to take part in ROH's TV tapings. And I don't think it would make much sense to have a World champion who couldn't appear on your TV show.

The fact that he's on iPPV seems to indicate that he's not with TNA anymore, as they don't allow their talent to appear on things of this nature anyway. The way he phrased his promo also seemed to indicate that he would be around for a while.

We'll find out tomorrow for sure, but I've got a feeling we'll be seeing Daniels around for a while.

- Sonfaro

The fact that he's on iPPV seems to indicate that he's not with TNA anymore, as they don't allow their talent to appear on things of this nature anyway. The way he phrased his promo also seemed to indicate that he would be around for a while.

We'll find out tomorrow for sure, but I've got a feeling we'll be seeing Daniels around for a while.

- Sonfaro

You're obviously in a better position to judge, since I haven't seen the promo. If he truly is gone from TNA, I'm all for a title reign for the Fallen Angel.

You're obviously in a better position to judge, since I haven't seen the promo. If he truly is gone from TNA, I'm all for a title reign for the Fallen Angel.

He's set for a few dates apparently. There is no word on his TNA contract situation. But the fact that he was shown on iPPV and not the darks is promising (for ROH. TNA is straight out of luck).

Ok, so I typed this up while watching the ppv. I'm not sure if any of it will make sense, but it's a realitively new ROH fans perspective of their iPPV. I got Final Battle and was... slightly annoyed, but happy to have seen it. Felt better about this one though.:)

Random thoughts on ROH Big Bang

- Kinda lagging at the top. It’s not bad, but it’s noticeable.

- It appears that they’ve fixed the sound issues for video packages. Let’s hope commentary is good this time.

- …Cary Silken looks so awkward in the segments he filmed for that package. So out of place.

- If I hear Roddy Strong say he deserves a title shot one more time... Really Roddy, some variation please?

- …and problems begin already. It appears that they skipped a segment. It’s Austin’s promo from hdnet now.

- Lots of video. Kinda getting impatient. 7:00 is what I signed up for. Can’t you do darks at 6:45?

- ROH production team needed to rehearse what they would do for the iPPV.

- Mike issuses already… KEVIN KELLY!!! WTH!?! Kelly needed to get closer to the mike. Prazak was in promo mode for that weak mike.

Jack Salvation vs. Phil Shatter(?)

- Started nice.

- Shatter is pretty over in NC.

- Forgot to mentions… MICS WORK!!!

- Can see some empty seats.

- Salvation had a nice inverted DDT.

- Kelly Kelly is actually a nice addition to the announce team

- This is really a nice old school match.

- Salvation and Shatter had a miscommunication that got a “you F’d Up chant” but covered nicely.

- Salvation kinda botched a triangle choke, but recovered.

- Overall, a nice match. Shatter looked good. And botches aside Salvation looked ok. Of the two though, it’s clear Shatter would be getting the return call when the come back to NC. Good match.

Phil Shatter def. Jack Salvation via Spinebuster thingie.

Kenny King vs. Davey Richards

- King got some nice heel heat coming in.

- Davey is monster over.

- Superstar. That’s Davey Richards. I may not like how he did EVOLVE, but my goodness he looked like the man.

- And just like that Kenny King proves how awesome he can be. Both men really know how to work the crowd. A boo-yay sequence ends with a knee to Richards and Kenny yaying himself. Hilarious.

- Mark my words. Davey Richards will be the next world champ. And if WWE doesn’t come calling, Kenny King won’t be too far behind.

- Prazak called it earlier. Richards is totally dynamite kid.

- THIS! IS! AWESOME!!!

- Kenny taps to the cloverleaf. What an amazing match…

- And this was only the second match of the iPPV!

CHRIS DANIELS!!!!!!!! SERIOUS MARK OUT MOMENT!!!! FALLEN ANGEL BACK IN ROH.

Thank you Dixie Carter for being such a dufus to the talent who work for you. Daniels sir… thank you.

Screw Davey//Tyler (for now) Give me Daniels//Black, then Daniels/Richards.

I <3 ROH.

My jaw hurts from marking out. I have missed ‘The Fallen Angel’ for so long.

Really, Kelly Kelly has done an admirable job as announcer

Erik Stevens vs. Necro Butcher

- Not looking forward for this match.

- Erik Stevens started bleeding in the mouth within the first five minutes.

- I don’t much care for Necro. Stevens is okay, but he’s being wasted in this feud.

- …Necro with a okana roll?

- Not a ‘bad’ match. But certainly not good.

Necro wins with... a bad looking roll up thing.

Lucha Match… Er. Rhett Titus?

(AKA Cassando El Exotico vs. Rhett Titus)

- The fans chanting Hepititus. Lqtm

- Never heard of Cassandro before. I’m not sure how I feel about the gimmick. I’m a little creeped ou.

- Rhett Titus face when looking at Cassandro was Hi-lari-ous

- Comedy aside, this is a well wrestled match.

- Hard to hear the mics, Cassandro was so over.

- Late in the match Cassandro injured himself, but finished like a trooper.

- I hope he’s alright. As hesitant as I was about the Gimmick he could work the fans well, and he and Titus looked good together.

- (EDIT: So it appears Cassandro BROKE HIS LEG legit… And kept going another two minutes full out. Mad props to Cassandro. True pro.)

Corineen vs. Cabanerico

- Generico looks dead serious.

- I’m suspecting more storyline wrestling then OMG wrestling for this one.

- Corino looks to be in better shape than the last time I saw him.

- This match is really hot and nothing’s happened yet.

- Match ends in DQ. Really better than I thought it would be.

- Generico finally beats down Steen, then beats down half of Pro Wrestling Respect before giving Redwood a Brainbustah!!! Meant for Steen. Not as hot as I thought it would be, but warmed up again.

Cabana and Generico beat Steen and Corino via DQ

Cabana challenges Corineen to s Chicago Street Fight on the 24th

And we’re at intermission.

After making kool-aid (Red flavor) I came back and Cornette cut a nice promo

KoW vs. Briscoe bros.

- The Kings Of Wrestling mash up theme is that hot fire. I want the MP3. Fans were surprisingly subdued for the two of them though. Weird.

- I really wish the Briscoes didn’t have the Confederate flag on their trunks. For me its kinda… infuriating. I guess that’s just me.

- Still, it’s the Briscoes and the Kings. This should be good.

- Code of honor followed.

- Those belts look… Fake. Somebody pay ReapeR.

- “I liken them to red neck chicken farmers who jump off tall buildings with shooting star presses with complete disregard for others” – Prazak is the man.

- Really good match.

- Really REALLY good match.

- The Doomsday Devide/Powerslam counter was amazing.

- Fans chanting match of the year. I’m not sure about all that, but its certainly a contender. (haven’t seen HBK Taker yet, so I don’t know)

Kings of Wrestling def. The Briscoe Bros. to win the ROH Tag Titles with the lucky elbow pad.

Jay was throwing up post match. Not sure what happened. They’re pushing that Hero did it with the elbow pad. Didn’t get into this one as much as the Davey/King match, but it was really nice wrestling.

- Again… Get the KoW theme. It’s hot fire.

- Mark shouting into Kelly Kelly’s mic, classic.

- Jay looked out of it post match. Had to clean the vomit from the ring.

- Really Really Really great match though.

Black/Aries/Strong

- Why is Blue Demon main eventing this show? I don’t want Blue Demon to main event this show. I don’t even like Blue demon.

- Cornette joining us on commentary. Prazaks not going to get a word in at all tonight.

- Aries really needs to pay Weezer to use their theme on TV and iPPVs. This in house stuff just doesn’t do it for him.

- New Belt for Tyler… Can’t really see it right now. It’s gold though.

- Can see it better. It’s… Alright. It looks real indy though.

- Mixed reaction for tyler. The crowd will probably turn on him tonight.

- Aries with the mic. Most of the hate from Tyler is now draining into Aries. Brilliant.

- Tyler Needs to win this. He can turn, sure. But Black needs one really good title defense. This has to be it.

- Exciting match thus far.

- …and somebody kicked out the audio. Fixed it fast enough.

- False finishes galore. Really exciting!

- Roddy’s eliminated first. He went out like a man though. Took two superkicks and two brainbusters to take him out.

- Tyler HAS to win.

- Black/Aries is THE rivalry.

- Superplex/Gods Last Gift/TWOCOUNT was redonkulous.

- Kenny King to the ring.

- Aries out of position for the finish, but they recovered.

- And Tyler retains. Good. Real Nice main event. Mad respect.

- Good shot at the belt. It looks like a midcard belt.

Kenny King attacking Tyler after the bout. Roddy makes the save… Then refuses to show Tyler Respect. Strong is turning heel… If he hasn’t already. Great match.

Blue Demon and other people I don’t want to see.

Aka

Blue Demon, Jr. and Magno vs. Super Parka and Mysterioso

- Nice moment where after a bunch of spots Misterioso wen’t for the stare down respect thing… and then Blue Demon just twisted his arm.

- This match… Should not have been the main event.

- Super Parka looks real out of shape.

- Mysterioso turns the match into a hardcore match… for no reason. The ref is doing nothing.

- This should NOT have been the main event.

- Mysterioso loses his mask. The stop the match for two seconds. He doesn’t put it back on.

- This match is a mess.

- I hate to say it (no I don’t) The ROH roster out performed the legendary lucha atheletes.

- Maybe I’m just not clueing in to the cultural differences. But this match… annoys me.

- AAaannnnddd its over. Finally.

- THAT SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN THE MAIN EVENT. Tyler, Aries, and Strong should feel disrespected.

- Alright technically it was an okay match. But I feel like how fans felt when watching Orton/HHH after HBK/Taker. Really annoyed that the show had to end like that.

Overall: This was an amazing show, honestly the best card I’ve gotten a chance to see. I don’t know what it is about ROH iPPV main events dragging the show down, but it is what it is. Go buy the DVD when it comes out, Davey/King, Kow/Briscoes, and Black/Aries/Strong are all worth it.

- Sonfaro

EDIT: If I wrote Kelly Kelly, I meant Kevin Kelly. It was late and I was exhausted.

They had the lucha guys headline the show? Seriously? That makes little sense to me.

BOO at creating a new ROH World title belt. I like the idea of sticking with one belt design. Makes it seem a bit more epic to me, seeing the champs of today carrying around the same belt that Samoa Joe, Punk, Danielson, Nigel, etc. wore.

Davey could be the next in line to hold the belt, but if his recent comment about 2010 being his last year in the business holds true, who knows? Davey/Kenny King and the tag title match both sound good.

They had the lucha guys headline the show? Seriously? That makes little sense to me.

"The Lucha tag match will close the PPV as Super Parka was extremely late arriving to the venue and didn't arrive until the ROH title bout introductions. I believe Solar is not at the event, which is why El Magno didn't work against Cassandro and was replaced by Rhett Titus. "

PWInsider

Super Parka, Seriously? Dude should be working the undercards of CMLL's d-rate shows in rundown arenas in small towns, not main eventing anything, especially not north of the border.

I bought a DVD once that advertised La Parka being on it. Start watching it and then realize the bums hired Super Parka not La Parka but could barely tell the difference as they kept getting confused on commentary. They may wear very similar costumes but you'd have to be an idiot to confuse those two after watching them work.

Okay ... rant over.

Why Isn't There More Marking Out For Christopher Daniels Return To Roh And A Feud With Davey Richards!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!1!!!!!!1

'Cause the lucha match was so sloppy.

It was seriously a huge mark out moment when he came out. They played dispossable teens, cut the lights, then hit a spot on him walking out. Epic feel.

Really great show, cut lower than it should due to forces out of control. They should have just had Blue Demon go one on one with somebody and have the others interfere. That would have been less cumbersome.

Buy the DVD when it comes out. That match aside, it's very worth it.

- Sonfaro

• 4 weeks later...

The last episdoe of ROH was pretty awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xovyz0uvInA

Daivari rocked the mic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcE3gvA67pM&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8QENJQYSHU&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkKHFqQMe70&feature=related

Then Eddie Edwards and Davey Richards had an amazing match in the finals of RoH Television Championship finals.

I'm finally getting caught back up with the TV show, thanks to my new DVR, which solves the problem of the show being on at a terrible time for me. Just watched the show with the Steen/Eddie Edwards Semifinal match. I am LOVING Steen right now. So much better as a heel.

His heel promos remind me a little of Mick Foley's ECW anti-hardcore stuff. Not so much the content, but some of the delivery.

It helps that I'm a mark for Corino, too.

Finally got around to watvhing the Big Bang, too. Awesome show...I was surprised by how competent Kevin Kelly was on play-by-play. Too bad we're stuck with the Hog on HDNet.

• 3 weeks later...

Why hasn't anybody picked up Chris Hero? The guy has come a long ways and really LOOKS like a wrestler. He's 6'4, 240 so he's more than big enough for Vince's liking and if TNA picked him up they could be molding this guy into a star instead of giving time to Hall and Nash.

I'm surprised TNA never picked up the Briscoe Brothers either.

Why hasn't anybody picked up Chris Hero? The guy has come a long ways and really LOOKS like a wrestler. He's 6'4, 240 so he's more than big enough for Vince's liking and if TNA picked him up they could be molding this guy into a star instead of giving time to Hall and Nash.

I'm surprised TNA never picked up the Briscoe Brothers either.

I agree I thought for sure the Briscoe's would be in TNA by now. I heard that the WWF had some interest in them, I guess nothing ever came out of it.