2010, When CGC Got Aggressive!

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w286/NoNeck_photo/CGCdark2.jpg

2010, When CGC Got Aggressive

Foreword

I’d been doing it for 19 years. I only ever rarely had the book, but I ran the company, remained involved in the storylines and did anything else I could get my hands on, in regards to the company I was building. It was my baby that I was helping grow up. My life revolved around that company for those 19 years. But I knew I was going to pass it on to my kids. It’s just a shame that passing it on to my kids would end up causing so much trouble.

~George DeColt

All I’m going to say about when my father retired, is he gave the company to the son he was always planning to give it too. I was the one running the book, new how everything operated, and had been nurtured into the position. So why nothing was said till my dad had retired, I do not know. I just took my father’s company, and did the best I could for it.

~Alex DeColt

Alex will make it sound like I wanted the company for myself. I just wanted to be given the chance to be involved more. I wanted the book. I had envisioned my entire career at CGC. From wrestler, to backstage operations! But my position was made clear to me, and it didn’t feel like the family business anymore. I love CGC, but at that moment in time, I couldn’t work for my brother.

~Steve DeColt

I’m not going to pretend I know exactly what happened between Alex and Steve. All I know is Alex asked me to book, and CGC appealed to me. It had been two years since I’d been involved in wrestling, and the itch was getting worse. My vision matched Alex’s, I signed the contract, and we got to work. New Stars, Young Stars, Big Names. And of course we had to think of how Steve would be written out of the storylines.

~Phil Vibert

I was touched when Phil told me Steve wanted to give me the rub in his last match in CGC, in the main event at the new DeColt Dome. What better way to get the fans to truly hate you, than to be the guy that sent one of the DeColt’s packing. The DeColt Dome went ape s**t. In fact December was one of the greatest months in Canadian Wrestling. Imagine, a week later and Steve shows up and wins the NOTBPW Canadian Title. For once they were cheering Dark Angel. I’ve always liked Steve, and letting me be the one to send him out of CGC let me know how much he trusted me to help his family’s company while he was gone.

~Eddie Chandler

People asked me if I was crazy from 2007 when I left GAMMA, Eric Nathan asked me everyday for a month infact. People then asked me if I was crazy when I went to Canada to train in the DeColt Power House. Why would you want to do pro-wrestling? You’re one of the best fighters in the world. I think some people thought it was a faze, but I was serious. I think my matches with Sayeed Ali proved that when I was in 4C. And then, when CGC took me on, and Phil asked me to be part of his booking team, which was one of the main reason’s I signed such a long contract with CGC, the question came back all over again. Especially considering I was walking into the company Steve DeColt had just left. I thought I'd last a year on the booking team, maybe two if I was lucky. But I definately didn't think I'd end up spending my retirement writing a book.

~Jace Machado

Archived