North of the Border Pro Wrestling (Battle of the Belts)

This will be my Dynasty, based out of the North of the Border Pro Wrestling promotion. Dan Stone hired a brash, young wrestler, Greg Moe to be a wrestler and Head Booker for the company. Below, you will see my "Booking Notes." I know they won't be real enjoyable to most, but here they are. I know there are other NOTBPW dynasties out there, but this is how I see the company going. You might find it interesting as compared to some others. (This is my first attempt at a dynasty. So don't BBQ me right away.) :)

Jan. 2010:

Throughout January the promotion was brought to a point where as the CWF National Title could be brought to the NOTBPW. To do this, the NOTBPW Canadian Title had to leave Steve DeColt and be given to a face, and in this case, Dan Stone Jr. This was done and then DeColt was made to fail to get the title back.

Feb. 2010:

In the month of Feb., Steve DeColt was portrayed as becoming frustrated by not being able to win the NOTBPW Canadian Title back from Dan Stone Jr and so he setup a match with himself and Steve Flash, who was brought in and portrayed as being the holder of the old CWF National Title somehow. Steve DeColt beat Steve Flash on the 4th week NOTBPW Championship Wrestling TV show. This all was done with the plan that Steve DeColt would brag that he indeed holds the true Canadian Championship. and not Dan Stone Jr. (It is a fact that the CWF was the first big promotion in Canada before it went out of business and so, the CWF National Title does hold some weight, and NOTBPW bought the retired Title for $65,000 just to use in this story line.) To the crowds who came to the shows or to the fans at home watching on TV, this slight by Steve DeColt of the NOTBPW Canadian Title angered Dan Stone and the whole Stone family very much and got over well. This storyline is projected to be carried over for a few more months with DeColt and Johnny Bloodstone feuding with the Stone family and their friend, Sean McFly.

March 2010:

To help build heat for the CWF National Title, the Ed Henson Memorial Tag Team Cup Tournament PPV will again be held this March, by building on how popular the CWF used to be under the control of the now deceased Ed Henson. Steve DeColt will be hyping the title belt all month and degrading Dan Stone Jr.'s NOTBPW Canadian Title belt. To try and defuse this, Dan Stone will be sending his other son Jeremy Stone to the PPV and try to beat Steve DeColt and take the CWF Title away from him and retire the title once more. Also, on the Henson PPV, Dan Stone Jr will agree to put up his NOTBPW Canadian Title to DeColt's good friend, Johnny Bloodstone. Both Stone Jr. and DeColt will hold on to their belts and the battle between the two and the Title prestige’s will continue.

>>Other Notes from January through March.<<

In January, Greg Moe, as behind the scene booker, introduced a NOTBPW Television Title to the promo to try to get some midcard heat for the company. At the time, wrestler Dark Angel was the obvious choice to run with the belt, and did, but when his popularity soared, he demanded main event exposure, and got it, for good reason. He was really bringing some big pops from the crowds. So, the TV Title had to be reset to a midcard type wrestler, and the only good face at the time was Greg Moe himself. Moe and Angel had their match to turn the title over to Moe at the week 2 February Championship TV show. The match got an above average pop, so it worked out well. Dark Angel has moved on to get in on a few main events in the following weeks.

Greg Gauge, twin brother to Matthew Keith, was brought into the promotion in anticipation for the Ed Henson tournament and put together with his brother Keith as a team named “Malicious Duo,” and are set to win the Ed Henson Memorial Tag Team Cup at the PPV this March. The two are really getting a strong push by Greg Moe and are enjoying great reactions from the crowds.

NOTBPW’s tag team situation isn’t real strong right now however, but it has improved from when Greg Moe took over as head booker and had the transition of taking the titles from Omar Brown and Harlem Haynes and gave them to the Can-Am Blondes consisting of The Natural and Owen Love.

March 2010: (Part 2)

Well, the Ed Henson Memorial Tag Team Cup PPV went over like crap, like I thought it would. By having to hold a tag team tournament with a few hype angles thrown in to hype the tournament, the whole process flopped. Greg Gauge and Matthew Keith came out ok as the winners, but the other teams lent little support.

There were some great match ups on the show however, but the heat for them slipped due to the low heat of the tournament. Steve DeColt held on to his prized CWF National Title against Jeremy Stone and Dan Stone Jr. kept his NOTBPW Canadian Title against Johnny Bloodstone. So, the promotion is all set to run the feud between Dan Stone Jr. and Steve DeColt all through April and maybe into May. Hopefully by then, I’ll be able to push some other guys into the Main Event picture. Guys like recently signed Acid or Jacob Jett, or Steve Flash and Samoan Machine. Samoan Machine is a guy the promotion is REALLY high on. He will certainly replace one of the now top 6 Main Event wrestlers within a few months. The company is in the process now of trying to find a guy or gal to put together with Machine to play as his manager. Right now, none are really suitable.

Archived