Poll Rankings Nutty

Playing game as Michigan.... Start of season ranked #2 plays a close game to unranked E. Mich wins 34-21, USC who is ranked #1 doesnt play so Mich moves up to #1. Week 2 plays 25th ranked OSU and destroys them stays #1 in both polls. Week 3 off week... nothing changes Week 4 plays the #7th ranked Irish has a poor game losing 21-7 , now the strange part ( note I felt all along Mich is a bit over ranked ) . ND goes from 7 to 3 this isnt to bad but Mich falls to UNRANKED in the Media poll and 20th in the coaches poll. I would think they fall to about the 8-12 range. Mish is still ranked #13 overall defence but the main problem with the offensive hardships is dispite putting 10 tutor hours on their starting QB he gets put on Acidemic probation in week 3.... OUCH Not overly crazy or unrealistic but seems looking at the polls each week theirs not a lot of rime or reason to the rankings will keep an eye on it more as the season progresses.

QB just stupid??? As stated put 10 hours on my QB and he was suspended in week 3, put another 10 tutor hours on him and still remains suspended in week 6. Two other players suspended in week 3 had 5 hours put on them and they now are eligable for week 6. Are some players just so stupid they stay on Ac. Porbation no matter how many hours you give them??

Look at their intelligence and work ethic, if they are stupid and lazy nothing will save them from failling so don't waste your hours on them.

#14 Mich 17 at #8 Wisc 28 dam :confused: M16, C14, GD17 The dumb QB finnaly comes back but now the league leading rusher is suspended ( and I am out of hours ) You would think a top heisman candidate would have SOMEONE payoff a teacher or two before they let his grades effect his eligability.... :mad:

Season goes down the drain in a hurry Illinois 19 #16 Mich 18 M25, C21, GD NR 3 undefeteds left Oregon State 9-0, ND 9-0, Virginia Tech 8-0 Next week #25 Mich 37 Purdue 27 M22, C20, GD25 next week #22 Mich 27 Indiana 31 M25, C25, GD NR Dispite having no tutor hours Mich top RB comes back from AP Looks to me like GPA of 1.83 you play but 1.81 your suspended?

New Mexico 7 #25 Mich 40 M22, C22, GD24 Some overall nuttyness apears.... #1 OreST loses to #9 UCLA 24-20 and stays #1 #2 ND beats Florida Int 45-14 stays #2 #4 Neb beats #15 Texas Tech 25-17 moves up to #3 #3 Virginia Tech beats BC 39-36 slips to #4 Coaches poll same leaves OreSt #1 with 1 loss over two undefeted teams.

Off week for a lot of top teams but now we see #5 Wisc beat some noname 55-20 and slip ahead of Vir Tech, now 3 1 loss teams ahead of 10-0 VirTech. Mich loses to Ohio State 20-19 ends season 7-5 All top 5 won but Virginia Tech jumps from 5th to #2 .. LOL #1 OreSt 11-1 #2 VirTech 11-0 #3 Neb 10-1 #4 Wisc 10-1 #5 ND 10-0

Conf. champs #9 FSU 31 #5 VT 20 #1 Neb 24 #7 Texas 17 #8 Tenn 42 #23 Ala 26 Bowl Bid.... Music City Bowl #22 Auburn vs. Mich...Mich 20 Aub 7 GDCS Fiesta... #3 Wisc 27 - #9 UCLA 25 Sugar ... #2 OreSt 16 - #10 Tenn 9 Orange .. #13 louiville 67 - #7 FSU 64 Rose ( championship ) #1 Neb 24 - #2 ND 20

I've been seeing some of the same weirdness described above. What is supposed to be the human polls isn't weighing what happened the latest week enough. Human polls will always value what just happened a lot more than what happened 6 or 8 weeks ago. I've seen a #1 team lose to the #9 team and stay #1. There were no other unbeatens at the time, but this was the last week in the season and the teams ranked #2 and #3 had both lost very early in the season. That just wouldn't happen. You lose, you drop. You just hope that if you lose, you lose early and have a chance to make it up. Thats just the way the human polls work.

Archived