momentum of your promotion

First of all I love the game and played it a lot the last week. I am one year into a USPW game and I am encountering a serious problem: The big hit the promotion's momentum takes when a star leaves. While it's fairly eays to get guys over I now find myself in the situation where I am afraid to get certain guys too over because they are not under a longterm written contract. When I couldnt re-new Bruce the Giant's contract my momentum dropped from a straight B to a straight C. I got that back up to a C+ but then James Justice contract came up and he left for SWF. This made my momentum drop to C-. They way I tried to work around that so far is to job everyone out whose contract is up to either be able to re-sign them or have them leave without taking a hit. This obv creates some unhappy workers but that's the only way I have found to work arounf that. Obv that didnt work for Justice and Bruce as they had creative control so I had to let them leave with an A* and an A pop. Do others know a better way to handle this?

The problem now is of course that I can't re-new any written contracts and have to sign my wrestlers to PPAs which means they are up to be stolen at any time. So I can't really push them because I wouldnt have enough time to job them out before they leave and have to take another hit to my already low momentum.

One thing that makes no sense to me is that the momentum even took a hit after I brought in Sean McFly on a talent trade and he went back to NOTPW. This basically means I can only bring in undercard guys on talent trades because otherwise my momentum will take a hit after the deal expires.

Ok I ran a test with a new game and it tried to just fire someone with A* pop and it turns out that my momentum doesnt take a hit. So to me it looks like this: Contract runs out, working agreement runs out and wrestler leaving for a different promotion = momentum loss, while firing = no momentum loss. So I guess all I have to do if I am on the verge of losing a wrestler is firing him asap and pretty much never do a talent trade unless it's an undercard guy.

Ouch - just tested this with talent trades, and I see what you mean. Might be worth trying the tech support forum (if you haven't already), as I doubt it's MEANT to work like that. (*waits for someone like Derek to correct him*)

Archived