Odds Aoki will break Melendez arm!

Zoloftjunkie

It's more like that fight had some other things going on in it, Aoki doesn't really have a history of purposely doing that, it was more of the middle finger post-fight that got people upset.....oh and the most important thing, Melendez won't be getting caught in that. I highly doubt the fight happens, not the least of which is because it's a terrible match-up for Aoki that would hurt DREAM more than help.

As amazing as Aoki's jiu jitsu is, eventually you hit a wall with being one dimensional. His striking is pretty but terrible. His ground game, as I mentioned before, might be the best if not tied for the best in the lightweight division.

The old Gilbert Melendez would have been tailor made for Aoki to "upset" and pull a slick sub... But the Melendez that has arose from the ashes as of late is a killer. I think the fight's going to to a decision in favor of Melendez in a boring fight. Melendez will top control Aoki half the fight, and then the latter parts he'll outbox him and keep it standing for the UD.

In regards to ACCBiggz, I don't think this fight gets made right out of the gate... However, I don't think DREAM is too bothered by its "stars" coming over here and losing, as long as they don't get railroaded. We don't know all the facts about the talent exchange program with DREAM and Strikeforce. Something you have to take into consideration is Japan -really- loves freak shows, foreigners, and an abundance of other things that would never get over here in the States. They have a lot of National pride, but the MMA/Wrestling community in Japan is more like a religion at times than a spectacle. So Aoki coming over here and getting beaten by someone like say Josh Thomson or Gilbert Melendez does nothing but help Strikeforce, and DREAM in the end game because then DREAM can mass advertise Melendez or Thomson when they make their way Orient side.

Archived