New Power is Rising vs Mr Canada

For someone new to the game, these seem to be the top current day mods.

First thing I realized today was that Future Legends version of New Power is Rising seemed more complete than StealthGD's beta.

I also noticed that Future Legend is using Mr Canada's to play as ROH. So if he had his own data I''m assuming that he thinks Mr Canada's is better.

I know through reading through that JimmyS's Know your Role will come out soon, and that according to him you need time to make a good mod, however if you just spent 40 plus dollars Canadian for a game, you want to play it now rather than wait 6 weeks to play it.

So just want to know what one people are using.

Mr Canada or New Power and what is there reason.

Also if you want, what Promotion are you using?

First thing I realized today was that Future Legends version of New Power is Rising seemed more complete than StealthGD's beta.

I also noticed that Future Legend is using Mr Canada's to play as ROH. So if he had his own data I''m assuming that he thinks Mr Canada's is better.

I know through reading through that JimmyS's Know your Role will come out soon, and that according to him you need time to make a good mod, however if you just spent 40 plus dollars Canadian for a game, you want to play it now rather than wait 6 weeks to play it.

It's early, so no mod is complete yet. Mr Canada's mod is very good, but also limited. It has a fraction of the workers NPR has. However, if your only interested in a game using the top worker/promotions then Mr. Canada's mod is perfect for you. It's very well done, and quick loading. Also takes less time to work on should you dislike anything or choose to improve anything.

KYR just came out with a new beta, and I'm not a fan. That being said I used KYR alot for 08, and if he keeps working/releasing updates for 10 I'm sure KYR will kick ass again.

As for the New Power Rising issue, I personally prefer Future Legends over StealthGDs. Ofcourse FutureLegend has been working on NPR for some time, while Stealth is still in the process of making the mod his own and shaping it the way he likes.

I use Future Legends, I then spent about 4-5 hours modifying it to my liking. (mainly adjusting popularity, reworking alot of the women wrestlers (Who I feel get the shaft in alot of modders ratings), Adding media groups/networks, adding some dojo graduates, my own user character for playable characters, working on TNA workers alot (mainly lowering national pops, but raising south east pop, everyones pop is mostly 5-10 points higher in the southeast) adding a few workers (Bombshell Bo, and Knight Family....EVeryone has Sweet Saraya, but usually ommites Ricky Knight and Britani Knight) deleting BCW and BSE and adding MPW in thier place. And some other random things.

So I'd say DL them all, give them a look and then use/mod the one you like the most. They're all good and have differant strong points and weaker points. Find out which one fits your taste the best and run with it.

I would have to agree Mr.Canada is certainly a better modder than I am. Having just got into it I am still finding my way around the game. I haven't had a chance to play Mr.Canada's mod but I will do once I get the work on my mod completed to a level where I am reasonably happy.

I use Future Legends, I then spent about 4-5 hours modifying it to my liking. (mainly adjusting popularity, reworking alot of the women wrestlers (Who I feel get the shaft in alot of modders ratings), Adding media groups/networks, adding some dojo graduates, my own user character for playable characters, working on TNA workers alot (mainly lowering national pops, but raising south east pop, everyones pop is mostly 5-10 points higher in the southeast) adding a few workers (Bombshell Bo, and Knight Family....EVeryone has Sweet Saraya, but usually ommites Ricky Knight and Britani Knight) deleting BCW and BSE and adding MPW in thier place. And some other random things.

I have certainly worked on lowering the pops of TNA workers but the other stuff not got to it yet. If you could post changes you would like to see in future mod's in my thread I will certainly look at them.

@Pants on the ground, in the end it will come down to personally preferences. Some people will prefer Mr.Canada's some will prefer mine just make sure you have some fun. :D

As was said try them both and see which one has stats closest to your liking. The reason i'm playing MrCanada's data and not my own is because i needed a new take on a real world data. Also at the moment i'm just tired of my data, hence why i quit working on it. Give StealthGD a chance its a big job updating a real world mod, sometimes overwhelming. Especially assuming he has more of a life then i do lol. But i'm sure he'll get everything fixed and put out a mod just as good if not better then what i did.peace.

Archived