staff delegation question

[QUOTE=Tim Plum]staff does not overrule the boss (you) they will follow what you direct i.e. philosophies, depth chart and gameplans.[/QUOTE] I will have to disagree for now Plum. I started a season to test out defensive blitz assignments but chose to delegate everything to my staff. I made the changes to the DEF strategies but after a simmed week I came back to it and found it was changed again. I know this as I made some very obvious changes, by assigning 50/50 blitzes to my FS and SS only, after a week it changed and distributed blitzes to all positions. I'm testing it still and will be able to confirm in my thread "Blitz Strategies not working".

[QUOTE=Tim Plum]staff does not overrule the boss (you) they will follow what you direct i.e. philosophies, depth chart and gameplans.[/QUOTE] not true if you have staff delegated in options. it will overrule what you change. does not matter what you do because the staff will change it back when you play/sim your game. also that why some things on the checklist is mark for the things you need to do before you advance to new week because your staff is delgated to it. i glad the staff delegation is working well.

[QUOTE=Sef0r]I will have to disagree for now Plum. I started a season to test out defensive blitz assignments but chose to delegate everything to my staff. I made the changes to the DEF strategies but after a simmed week I came back to it and found it was changed again. I know this as I made some very obvious changes, by assigning 50/50 blitzes to my FS and SS only, after a week it changed and distributed blitzes to all positions. I'm testing it still and will be able to confirm in my thread "Blitz Strategies not working".[/QUOTE] As you stated after the game the strategies appeared to be changed back, I would ask that you look at the PbP from the game and see which plays/formations were called. I gather that you left the Use Formation Strategies button active, remember that is where assistants will use the strategies that you (head coach) set up, after the game the strategies will be set to the next opponent. Having those strategies stay stagnant from week to week regardless of opponent has been suggested to Arlie although not by me since thats unrealistic to use the same startegy twice against different opponents.

[QUOTE=Tim Plum]As you stated after the game the strategies appeared to be changed back, I would ask that you look at the PbP from the game and see which plays/formations were called. I gather that you left the Use Formation Strategies button active, remember that is where assistants will use the strategies that you (head coach) set up, after the game the strategies will be set to the next opponent. Having those strategies stay stagnant from week to week regardless of opponent has been suggested to Arlie although not by me since thats unrealistic to use the same startegy twice against different opponents.[/QUOTE] that might be true if you dont have staff delegated. but if you have staff delegated in options sections to gameplan for example, it doesnt matter if you have the formation strategies button active or not active. because the staff will change the gameplan prior to playing/simming the game.

Archived