Total Championship Wrestling: The New Era

TCW End of the Year Meetings:

Mid December

L.A., California

The room was anything but quiet. Sounds echoed down the halls from the conference room of fake laughter. Men in suits discussing which restaurant to go to for lunch.

I walked into the room and began pulling out my papers. My sole job was to go on the internet and pull up all of the big rumors about where we were going with storylines and such. Patrolling wrestling forums, and Dirt Sites.

Nobody ever really paid much attention to what I said unless it involved them or their friends. So usually I try to bring those things out in the meeting last. Tommy, Sam, and Joel are the only ones who seem to value what I bring to meetings. Floyd is usually the guy who refutes what I say however he wasn't attending this meeting. He was the kind of guy who was always trying to stay relevant. He had tried to take credit for Painful Procedure still to this day. He also thought he was part of the reason Troy Tornado got as big as he was recently. Floyd and I just never saw eye to eye basically.

Today the investors, marketing department, accountants, web authors, human resources department, and production crew management were in our conference. It definitely had a feel of importance when the meeting began.

Tommy sat up in his chair, cleared his throat and began. "Another year is coming to a close. The last couple of years it has felt as though we take a step forward only to take a step backwards."

"This last year we have been riddled with injuries in what should have been our best year to date under my ownership. The Syndicate storyline built our momentum up well only to be halted by some big injuries."

Tommy got up from his chair and began to walk around the table. "Our tag team division has a good foundation. Teams like the New Wave, and the Machines can carry a division."

Suddenly he stops and looks up at an event poster. The first one to feature Rocky Golden by himself from last months PPV. "I heard that some fans think Rocky Golden shouldn't be our World Champion however I see him going places in this business. So in 2010 our booking team will work hard to establish him as a great Champion. Our main event I feel is very strong!"

"Joel you and Sam have worked hard on this new storyline that we are going to use. It will be starting up in the next couple of weeks. However I am handing over head booking duties to a new man. Someone who I have noticed tends to get overlooked in our meetings a lot." Tommy sits back down. "The SWF had a very successful storyline this past year with one of our former guys Jack Bruce. I think with a fresh head booker we could combat against this with fresh ideas. Joel, and Sam you two have lead our booking team and did a great job. The injuries weren't your fault."

Cornell turned to me, "you proposed some ideas about a month ago that I thought were pretty creative. You will be on a short leash but with Joel and Sams help you won't fail. They will still be on the booking team. So sit down and flesh out some of those ideas you had spoke of before with them."

Joel smiled, "you got your dream job kid." He patted me on the shoulder.

One of the investors tried to intervene. "Mr. Cornell this can't help this company. He is just a kid. He hasn't been in the business long enough. We will not be able to back this."

Tommy turned his chair, clasped his hands on the desk, and faced the man directly. He leaned forward and in a very low tone said, "I know this business and our booking team isn't changing. We are just changing the man with the final say. Joel and Sam won't let him fail. This IS the direction we are going. If you don't like it then get out but this kid has my backing."

The guy backed down, sighed, and just looked at his papers. Everyone in the room except the men who had a good relationship with Tommy seemed very uncomfortable. Nobody else spoke against Tommy.

"Sir," I said kinda quietly. "I didn't know this was going to happen. When will I be starting?"

"You are officially in charge January 1st. You won't be just thrown into it. You will have some storylines to start with. Such as this new one we have been working on. This new storyline has potential to build up to one of our best storylines to date. It could very well put us in the running with the SWF again. I don't know what Floyd will think of you booking it now but it won't matter. Joel and I will take care of him. Take tomorrow off and come back in 2 days with the start of some of your ideas. That is it. This meeting is over."

Everyone began getting up from the table. "Joel, Sam can we talk about Floyd and that storyline coming up. This needs to go well in order for me to earn his respect finally and to help our company get back on track. Are you guys available tomorrow?"

Joel and Sam both look at me with half smirks. "Yeah sure kid," Joel said. Sam just nods in agreement.

~NOTES~

*I am the new Head Booker of TCW.

*Joel Bryant and Sam Keith are going to help me.

*Floyd Goldworthy doesn't respect me. He is involved in our next major storyline. (May edit this in)

*Rocky Golden is going to be established as a solid worker. (My choice not an owner goal. Should add difficulty.)

OOC: I will be doing a "notes" section after these just highlighting what I want you to take from the segment I wrote out. Also until I fix my computer or get a laptop I won't be working on this diary much except with backstory stuff every few days or so. Still need to get TEW10.

I have some storyline ideas though and I think I can go in a different direction than most people who run TCW diaries. One example is nobody seems to showcase Floyd Goldworthy as a main character. Based on my first post I think you can tell I plan on using him fairly often.

Other characters will be appearing in my diary that are either my own characters or that are not typically used in TCW diaries. Hope you all enjoy this as much as I hope to. I am going to try hard to develope my characters for all of you to make a connection with.

Pro Wrestling News

December 30, 2009

This just in... TCW is calling a News Conference for tomorrow. December 31st! An inside source says huge things are going to be changing for the company.

We can only speculate at this time but we have heard big names are coming to TCW somehow. Whatever this news is... it is sure to be huge and to shake up the wrestling world as we know it.

Tommy Cornell is not known to call press conferences very often. So the news has to be monumental. Whatever comes from this could be very historic. Could whatever is announced put the SWF on high alert? Possibly, but the SWF has a firm hold as the #1 promotion in the world.

I was checking through the internet and came across this press conference that even I was not aware of. Could Tommy be announcing me as the head booker in this press conference? Wouldn't I be invited to it though? Guess I will have to wait and see.

Archived