National Wrestling Alliance - 1989 & Beyond

Just ran SlamBoree tonight, but it's gotten a little too late to post the results. I don't want to rush it. I can tell you though that it was fantastic! So if you're following along, look for the results being posted mid-day Thursday. Well worth the read.

If you haven't already, click the link below to read all the events up until SamBoree so you'll be caught up when this fantastic PPV is released.

http://kckid4u.blogspot.com/2010/02/in-beginning.html

Catch you tomorrow, and thanks for reading.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_lWIa41dyyhg/S4nufYH_z2I/AAAAAAAAADo/PkwivZzYr2E/s1600/WCW%2BSlamboree%2B1.jpg

Released Thursday!!!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SlamBoree is in the Books!

See the exciting results by clicking the link below.

http://kckid4u.blogspot.com/2010/03/slamboree-1990.html

It was one hell of a PPV, with the girls a swoon and the boys a blaze, and the little old ladies left in a haze! Wooooooo!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_lWIa41dyyhg/S49PqIRv35I/AAAAAAAAAHI/vN9dbb4kP4A/s1600/WCW%2BSlamboree%2B1.jpg

Great show! I was saddened, however, to see Ric Flair lose his belt. Hopefully he'll win it back for the 8th time. But, congratulations on such a financially successful and popular show. I was left in a haze...yet I'm not a little old lady. Weird, huh? What was the ppv buy rate?

Mark

How come the booker is getting involved in matches?

Because in my NWA, the head booker is an ex wrestler who every now and then will wrestler since he's a good worker and he does so to help a wrestler get over. Kind of like Vince McMahon does sometimes. It's not that strange a event, but having said that, it's pretty rare. He's only been in like 3 matches in over four months, in some 40 shows.

Congratulations on reaching your currently level of prestige so quickly (I don't want to give it away for those who haven't read your newest update yet). How does your company compare to WWF in this regard? Which fed is #1 in the world right now?

Mark

Congratulations on reaching your currently level of prestige so quickly (I don't want to give it away for those who haven't read your newest update yet). How does your company compare to WWF in this regard? Which fed is #1 in the world right now?

Mark

WWF is global and the largest.

Nice pic of The Hulkster and his sidekick Brutus!

I noticed that WCW Saturday Night had twice the attendance of NWA Worldwide. Is the WCW brand that much more popular? Or is it just a matter of the seating capacities of the two venues? Or maybe it was a matter of your company's popularity in the two geographic locations?

But nice job on the write-up as usual.

Mark

Nice pic of The Hulkster and his sidekick Brutus!

I noticed that WCW Saturday Night had twice the attendance of NWA Worldwide. Is the WCW brand that much more popular? Or is it just a matter of the seating capacities of the two venues? Or maybe it was a matter of your company's popularity in the two geographic locations?

It was just a matter of the locations. WCW just happened to be held in a location where the NWA was more popular. If I had reversed it, it wouldn't have made a difference.

That picture of Hulk Hogan and Brutus the Barber looks like they were caught by surprise in the locker room having a private pose-down with each other and they were in the middle of the buttocks comparison phase.

Yes, I just have to wonder what "The Barber" was thinking when he came up with that hair style and color. :confused:

It's a secret to be read about on the website. "Souled Out" was just completed, and I'll be posting it probably tomorrow, but maybe tonight. I'll tell you this though, what happened at "Souled Out" will blow your mind, and it's not anything like you may be thinking.

Mark: Please delete the poll post you put up in the forum here. I appreciate your interest to my diary, but I don't think Polls are allowed in this forum. Thanks.

Archived