BHOTWG- Stepping into the Inferno

BOSJ Cup Block A: John Pathlow vs Sensational Dragon

Pathlow winning pretty much ends Dragon's hopes of making the semis, but Dragon also can't keep just rolling over his nearest challengers without a hitch - therefore time limit draw

BOSJ Cup Block A: Barei Yasujiro vs The Awesome Kiyaru

Kiyaru keeps the pressure on the other two

BOSJ Cup Block A: Super Joshuya vs VENOM

Joshuya just edges this one

BOSJ Cup Block B: American Optimus vs Kansuke Konda

A good win for AO

BOSJ Cup Block B: Hyosuke Kokan vs Marihito Masuko

BOSJ Cup Block B: Elemental III vs Haru Kurofuji

Two straightforward matches

Contenders Circle: Miyamae vs Tadakuni Toshusai

Talent over charisma

Nakasawa, Horri & Onodera vs Cobra, Masuno & Taira

Haven't we seen this one several times before?

Golden Scorpion vs Shimedzu

Hmm tricky...not

Snow Lizzard vs Inao & Fuyuki

They are unbeatable in the dark!

Shibanumo & Shiomi vs Sotomura & Yoshikawa

A chance for Stone to move up slightly

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nakasawa, Horri & Onodera vs Cobra, Masuno & Taira

Haven't we seen this one several times before?

I've just checked through Nakasawa's match history and surprisingly not, this is the first time I've actually run this specific combination this tour. It may feel like I've run this match several times before as I surely must be coming to an end of how many Sekigun vs Brethren matches I can put together.

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/BHOTWG-1.jpg?t=1268427909

Burn, Don't Freeze Tour - Show 33

-Best of the Super Juniors XI:The Warriors Beyond

Night Four

(Monday June 14th 2010)

Sapporo Sports Park, Hokkaido

(Attendance 5,000 Super No Vacancy)

Commentators: Toru Minamoto, Mitsuhide Muro & Katsuhiko Shunsen

Pre-Show

Match A: Snow Lizzard (Sanetomo Shiraishi & Sessue Kawate) vs Fukusbaru Inao & Tiger Fuyuki

Despite the fact they haven't been seen as top contenders for some time now, it's the crowds respect for Snow Lizzard as former three time World Tag Team Champions that meant this match got a mildly better reaction than perhaps it really should have done. Snow Lizzard as expected controlled the match throughout and sealed the win after combining with an SL Snapper (Russian Legsweep/Neckbreaker combo) on Tiger Fuyuki.

Result: Sanetomo Shiraishi [w] & Sessue Kawate bt Fukusbaru Inao & Tiger Fuyuki [L] in 5:03 via pinfall.

Rating: C-

Match B: Toshiki Shibanumo & Yoshii Shiomi vs Roku Sotomura & Stone Yoshikawa

This was a solid pre-show Tag match with little in the way of a feeling out process and both teams going for the win straight away, due to the contraints of a ten minute time limit. That resulted in them packing in a fair few nearfalls into a short of amount of time. In the end it was the RAGE duo who came out on top when Yoshii Shiomi was able to get Roku Sotomura to tap out to the Sublime Crossface (Spinning Facebuster into a Crossface).

Result: Toshiki Shibanumo & Yoshii Shiomi [w] bt Roku Sotomura [L] & Stone Yoshikawa in 6:29 via submission (Sublime Crossface)

Rating: C

Main Show

Match #1: BOSJ Cup Block B:

American Optimus vs Kansuke Konda

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_BlackEagle_alt5.jpg vs http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_KansukeKonda-1.jpg

Both have made shaky starts to the tournament and their chances of progress really hang in the balance, with that in mind both try to force the pace early laying into one another with striking rather than looking to feel their way into the match.

The brawling exchange seems to favour Konda more, but American Optimus manages to block a Lariat attempt from the Big Fight Player and then rocks Konda with a palm-strike, which then sets up a German Suplex hold for the first nearfall of the match.

Optimus then maintained control drilling Konda into the canvas with a Brainbuster for another two count before heading up top. However Konda managed to stagger back up to his feet before Optimus take flight and they then exchanged fore-arms on the top-rope before Optimus manages to shove Konda down to the mat but the Size of the Fight Man sprung back up to his feet immediately and then sent Optimus crashing back into the ring with a KONDA KUTTER !!

One.....

Two....

Thr.....

Ring positioning was in American Optimus favour as he managed to stretch his foot out to reach the bottom rope. Konda stayed focused however, dragging the still dazed Optimus into position before heading up top to then come crashing down upon Optimus with the KONDA SPLASH .......

But American Optimus got the knees up and Konda staggered around in agony before a recovered Optimus then took Konda down with a chop block before applying the OPTIMIZER (Dragon Sleeper Surfboard) right in the middle of the ring......

Just as it looked like Konda would have to tap or would just fade away, he dug down and found a burst of energy to drag himself and Optimus across to the ring-ropes and force a rope break.

Optimus paced around in frustration but Konda looked liked he had spent all his energy trying to get out of the Optimizer and the Dragon Feet 2K9 man remained in control......

With Konda still struggling to fire back, Optimus then set up for the O-Bomb but the Big Fight Player was playing possum and he countered into Victory Roll.....

One....

Two........

Optimus kicked out and then stunned Konda with a palm strike, 'Gaijin Legacy' then tried for a Brainbuster but Konda managed to block that and then shoot Optimus off into the ropes before nailing the Dragon Feet 2K9 man with a drop-kick.....

The impact of which sent Optimus out of the ring, Konda then soared through the ropes with his tradmark tope con hilo, the momentum sending both himself and Optimus sprawling into the crowd.

Konda then went to pitch Optimus into the ring, but the Dragon Feet 2K9 man put the brakes on that and then drilled the Big Fight Player with a Brainbuster on the floor !

Optimus then staggered back into the ring and waited for referee Koetsu Shinozaki to count Konda out......

But the Big Fight Player managed to drag himself back up onto the apron and after delivering a shoulder block to Optimus mid-section got a two count off a sunset flip......

Optimus then stunned Konda with another palm strike but the Big Fight Player just shook it off and fired right back with fore-arms, before levelling Optimus with a Lariat for a two count.....Konda then set up for a Konda Driver but that was blocked before the Size of the Fight man shot Optimus off into the ropes before planting 'gaijin legacy' into the mat with the K-THUNDER DRIVER (Spinning Sit Out Powerbomb)

One.....

Two......

Thr.....

Optimus kicked but Konda kept his focus and drilled Optimus into the mat once again with the KONDA DRIVER (Fisherman Driver)......

One......

Two.....

Three.

Kanskuke Konda keeps his chances of qualification alive, whilst it looks like American Optimus is now competing purely for pride.

Result: Kansuke Konda [w] bt American Optimus [L] in 12:22 via pinfall (Konda Driver)

Rating: C+

Onodera's Assessment: These two put together a pretty decent match but the crowd was a bit flat and it seemed like they don't really buy into either guy advancing out of the Block.

Post Match Comments:

Kansuke Konda: Destiny to advance may no longer be in my own hands but I showed tonight that I will fight to the very last to keep my hopes alive.

American Optimus: I'm disappointed because I'm pretty much out of the tournament now and all I have to fight for now is personal pride and the only person I can be disappointed with is myself. Am I feeling the pressure of carrying on the legacy of the greatest? I really don't want to use that as an excuse but perhaps........

American Optimus the just trails off at that point and leaves the press room a dejected figure.

Match #2: BOSJ Cup Block A:

Super Joshuya vs VENOM

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_SuperJoshuya-1.jpg vs http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_Venom-1.jpg

It's not quite the wooden spoon math yet, but both really need a win to stand any chance of keeping their hopes of advancing in the competition alive.

Unlike the opening match between Konda and Optimus, the pressure of neither having won a match yet see's them make a cautious start, with them weary not to make a mistake and fall victim to a flash. It all leads into some very cagey mat wrestling exchanges that play more into VENOM's hands and he almost gets Joshuya locked into the Sting In The Tail early, but the 2004 cup winner manages to scramble free and rolls out of the ring to regroup.

Joshuya doesn't take too much time out of the ring but gets nailed with a jumping knee strike from the RAGE man, before being planted into the mat with a Reverse STO.

That get's a two count for VENOM, who then decides to head up top but that proves to be his first real mistake, as Joshuya gets back up to his feet and then sends VENOM crashing back into the ring with a hurracanrana.

The 'Nippon Luchador' then reeled off a flurry of arm-drags that lead to a two count on a disorientated VENOM. Joshuya then lifted VENOM up for a Falcon Arrow but the RAGE man managed to slip out and then stun Joshuya with a falling double knee backbreaker.

That earned VENOM a two count, who then lifted Joshuya up into a front facelock but the 'Nippon Luchador' managed to slip out and counter with a legsweep before springing off the ropes to come crashing down upon VENOM with a quebrada.

That got Joshuya two count, and the 2004 cup winner headed up top but VENOM got back up to his feet and cut the Dragon Feet 2K9 man off, VENOM then attempted to bring Joshuya crashing back into the ring with a superplex bu got shoved off before being nailed with a spinning heel kick.

Joshuya then went for the J-DROP (Flip Over DDT) but VENOM managed to block that and countered into the LETHAL DOSAGE (Spike DDT).......

One......

Two......

Thr......

Joshuya kicked out much to VENOM's frustration, who then lined up to nail Joshuya with the V-STINGER (Shining Wizard Enziguri) but the RAGE man missed his target and Joshuya quickly rolled VENOM up into an Inside Cradle......

One.....

Two.....

Thr......

VENOM kicked out and then attemtped to get Joshuya tied up into the STING IN THE TAIL but the 'Nippon Luchador' managed to prevent VENOM from doing so, before nailing the RAGE man with a spinning heel kick that shifted the momentum back in Joshuya's favour . The Nippon Luchador then planted VENOM into the canvas with a Falcon Arrow.....

That lead to a two count and Joshuya headed up top, where he soared off the top-rope with the DUE SOUTH (Corkscrew Moonsault).......

But VENOM moved out of the way at the last split second, before nailing the 2004 cup winner with a V-STINGER......

One....

Two......

Thr......

Joshuya kicked out but VENOM was able to immediately slap on the STING IN THE TAIL on the dazed Joshuya......

Joshuya rried his best to try and fight his way out of the submission but in the end saw no choice but to tap out giving VENOM his first victory of the tournament to keep the RAGE man's hopes of advancing alive.

Result: VENOM [w] bt Super Joshuya [L] in 9:46 via submission (Sting In The Tail)

Onodera's Assessment: Again much like the opening match this was a pretty solid effort but hurt by a relatively disinterested crowd. The apathy was unfortunately even stronger here, as a good portion of the crowd saw this match as an opportunity to hit the Ramen stands.

Post Match Comments:

VENOM: Past two matches, I've shown I can compete with the best here and I every intention to keep that up. Every match from here on I'll be seen as the underdog alright but I didn't go through a qualifer to make up the numbers. I'm constantly having to prove myself and I'll prove that my sting is not just dangerous, it's deadly.

Super Joshuya: Another cup, another year, another chance of winning the cup gone....Honestly I don't know what's happened, has the competition just passed me by? It's defeats like this that really make you question things, really make you question them alot.

Match #3: BOSJ Cup Block B:

Elemental III vs Haru Kurofuji

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_ElementalIII.jpg vs http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_HaruKurofuji.jpg

Elemental III is looking to push on and build on last weeks win over American Optimus, whilst Haru Kurofuji desperately needs a win to keep any hopes of advancing alive.

This one picks up the pace pretty quickly from the start as they engage in the usual chain wrestling start but there's some real urgency particularly from Haru Kurofuji who tries desperately to get Elemental III turned over for the Kurofuji Crab after he managed to take things down to the mat.....

But a head from the 'Third Generation Icon' stuns Kurofuji and Elemental III then sets up for the EARTH BREAKER but that is countered into victory roll and then a jacknife pin from Kurofuji for a two count. The Universal Excellence man then manages to maintain control with a fore-arm smash off the ropes before planting Elemental III with a Northern Lights Suplex for a two count.

Kurofuji then decided to head up top but was quickly cut off by Elemental III who joined the Universal Excellence man on the top-rope but Kurofuji managed to force the 'Third Generation Icon' into the Tree of woe position before coming down with a double stomp.

Kurofuji then followed up with a leaping fore-arm smash to the back of Elemental III before planting the 2008 cup winner with the TOHOKU THUNDER SUPLEX (Rolling Release Suplex)

One......

Two......

Thr........

Elemental III managed to kick out, denying Kurofuji the upset victory. The Universal Excellence man then looked to turn Elemental III over into the Kurofuji Crab but the 'Third Generation Icon' had recovered his senses to kick Kurofuji off and then halt any momentum Kurofuji had with a Leg Lariat.

Elemental III then continued to build up steam with the Tri-Fecta Kick Series, before planting Kurofuji with an ELEMENTAL SUPLEX.....

One.....

Two....

Thr......

Kurofuji managed to kick out but Elemental III remained focused, delivering a sweeping kick to the head and then planting the Universal Excellence man back onto the canvas with the EARTH BREAKER (Double Underhook Powerbomb)

One....

Two.....

Three

Elemental III keeping himself very much in the hunt with this victory, whilst Kurofuji's hopes of advancing look to be over.

Result: Elemental III [w] bt Haru Kurofuji [L] in 7:15 via pinfall (Earth Breaker)

Onodera's Assessment: A solid but short match with the result virtually everyone in the crowd would have been expecting. Kurofuji's a solid addition to our Junior Division roster here in BHOTWG but he's not someone we are building as a 'star' where as Elemental III most definitely is.

Post Match Comments:

Elemental III: I've got my good friend Masuko-san up next and I know that will be a tough fight but i'm prepared to got that extra mile to defeat him, because I want to win the Best of the Super Juniors, because in winning it for the second time, people will really start to believe I can live up to the legacy I have had the privilege of carrying on.

Haru Kurofuji: All I've got to compete for now is pride really, but I'm determined to show everyone I did deserve my spot in this years cup and there is no way, absolutely no way I'm finishing up with a giant duck egg in the win column.

Match #4: Contenders Circle:

Miyamae vs Tadakuni Toshusai

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/Miyamae-1.jpg?t=1268429694 vs http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_TadakuniToshusai_USPW1.jpg

Both of these fought their way into the Contenders Circle last month but have been unable to fight their way into title contention. It's essentially a spot challenge before an actual spot challenge with the winner resecuring their spot in the Contenders Circle and the loser having to defend their spot.

Miyamae decides to engage in a striking battle with Toshusai at the start but 'Wild Charisma' just shakes off the Rebellion man's chops and kicks and fires back with some lefts and rights to seize the momentum, a clothesline from Toshusai then levels Miyamae but he is unable to follow up as 'the viper' scurries out of the ring.

Toshusai wants to keep things moving so he goes to the outside, but in doing so falls into a 'cat and mouse' style chase and Miyamae is able to take advantage by taking Toshusai off his feet with a basement drop kick as they re-enter the ring.

Toshusai starts to get back to his feet but Miyamae reels off a combination of kicks, that see's 'Wild Charisma' slump back down to the mat. After a pin attempt, Miyamae then worked over the knee of Toshusai before placing 'Wild Charisma' in a Figure Four Leglock.

But Toshusai was able to turn the submission over and Miymae was forced to scramble for the ropes. Both hobble back up to their feet and then exchange strikes, Toshusai then went for a SHOCK KICK but pulled up mid move and Miyamae was able to take 'Wild Charisma' off his feet with a basement dropkick before deciding to head up top....

But Toshusai managed to stagger up to his feet and then launch Miyamae back into the ring with a military press slam. Toshusai then followed up with a clothesline before planting Miymae into the mat with a SPINESHOCKER.....

One.....

Two.....

Thr......

Miymae kicked out, and Toshusai showed his frustration by pleading to referee Koetsu Shinozaki that he though he had Miyamae pinned for three. 'Wild Charimsa' then refocused and lifted Miyamae back up to his feet, before applying a double underhook but Miyamae slipped out and then took Toshusai by surprise with Reverse STO......

But 'the Viper' was too worn down to follow up with a cover....however Miyamae was still back up to his feet a little quicker and he nailed Toshusai with a GLITTERING MAGICIAN........

One......

Two.......

Toshusai kicked out emphatically and then fired back before being planted into the canvas once again with another Reverse STO.....Miyamae again went for the Glittering Magician, but this time Toshusai blocked and then after giving Miyamae his customary double bird signal, levelled the Viper with a clothesline, before nailing the former two time tag champion with SHOCK TREATMENT (Double Underhook Backbreaker).......

One.....

Two....

Thr.....

Miyamae kicked out but Toshusai remained in control and lined up for the SHOCK KICK but Miyamae managed to duck the attempt and then took 'Wild Charisma' back off his feet with a basement drop kick and then followed up with another Glittering Magician.....

Miyamae then decided to forgoe the pin attempt and decided to head up top to then come crashing down upon Toshusai with a REBEL STOMP (Diving Double Stomp).......

One......

Two.......

Toshusai again kicked out clearly at two, and then powered his way up to his feet to pepper Miyamae with lefts and rights but as he looked to build up steam for another SHOCK KICK he suddenly pulled up again and Miyamae was able to take Toshusai off his feet again with another basement dropkick......

Miyamae then slapped on the SNAKE POISON (Anaconda Vice)........

Toshusai however began to power his way back up to his feet and then planted Miyamae into the mat with a backdrop suplex but incredibly Miyamae managed to hold on and keep the Snake Poison locked onto Toshusai......

'Wild Charisma' looked to be in trouble and was fading fast.......

Shinozaki raised Toshusai's arm.......

No response......

Shinozaki raised it again.....

Still no response.......

Shinozaki gave Toshusai one last chance to prove he was still able to carry on......

But this time 'Wild Charisma' was unable to find the energy, as Miyamae re-secured his spot in the Contenders Circle with a chokeout victory.

Result: Miyamae [w] bt Toshusai [L] in 13:35 via submission (Snake Poison)

Rating: B-

Onodera's Assessment: Toshusai-san works hard but he isn't at that level yet where he is going to be able to pull out really great matches. However the combination of his natural charisma to pull the crowd into his matches and being in the ring with a good worker means that he can consistently be carried to solid one's and that is what Miyamae-san was able to do here.

Post Match Comments:

Miyamae: I know that I cannot rest on my laurels here, this was a test to see if I'm even just worthy of getting to challenge the very best in this company and though I have past THIS test I know I have plenty to prove but I WILL do that and I will show to everyone that I deserve a shot at the Burning World Championship, even if I have to go through my tag team partner and man I would call my brother Shimedzu-san to do so.

Tadakuni Toshusai: I am not DEFEAAAATTTTEDDDD I will fight on and on and on and ONNNNNNNN !!!

Match #5: Hiroaki Nakasawa, Kinnojo Horri & Takayuki Onodera vs Yasunobu Masuno, Yasuhiko Taira & Black Cobra

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/HiroakiNakasawa-1.jpg?t=1268429324http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_KinnojoHorri_jhdTiger11.jpghttp://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_TakayukiAvatar.jpg

vs

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/YasunobuMasuno-1.jpg?t=1268429402http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/YasuhikoTaira-1.jpg?t=1268429453http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_DuaneStone_alt1.jpg

These high profile Six Man Tag's usually get to main event regular tour shows but with the focus on the Junior Division this gets to close out the first half of the show. It's further continuation of the never ending war between Burning Sekigun and the Black Heart Brethren but suprisingly this is the first time this particular combination of Six Man Tag has appeared on this tour.

The match began in typical Sekigun- Brethren fashion with a wild brawl with the Sekigun trio coming out on top. When things settled Cobra found himself isolated in the Sekigun corner, but just as Onodera was setting up for the O2 Suplex, Black Magic managed to distract referee Terakado and Cobra sneaked in a low blow.

Onodera then found himself on the receiving end of an isolated beat-down from the Black Magic trio who were liberal with their use of illegal tactics drawing the ire of Nakasawa and Horri, who's protests only served to put Onodera in more trouble.

However when Cobra tried to lock in the Stone Hold, Onodera was able to kick the gaijin masked man off and through the ropes to the floor. Taira then entered the ring clubbing Onodera from behind a setting up for a vertical suplex but Onodera slipped off only to get grabbed in the corner by Masuno, Taira then charged in with The Flattener but Onodera slipped out at the last split second and Taira ended up nailing Masuno. Onodera then nailed Taira with the END OF YOU (Rolling Elbow to the Back of the Head) before slumping to the mat from exhaustion.

Just as it looked like Onodera was going to finally tag out a recovered Taira grabbed his leg but Onodera swung round with the free leg to nail Taira and finally get the hot tag into Horri, who unleashed a flurry of fore-arms on Taira. Horri then lined up for a Lariat but got tripped from the apron by Cobra, allowing Taira to recover and nail 'Mr One Million Per Cent Burning Hammer' with a running boot before tagging Masuno back in to combine on a double vertical suplex for a two count.

Masuno then pumelled Horri with some fore-arms before applying a front facelock, Horri battled out though to apply a waist lock only for Masuno to force a standing switch and then lock on the MASUNO DEEP SLEEPER (Arm Hook Sleeper).......

Horri however dug down deep and backed Masuno into the corner, forcing 'the Hammer' to release the hold. Horri then unleashed a flurry of fore-arm smashes before delivering a release belly to belly suplex. Both then looked to tag out but unfortunately for Horri it was Masuno who was able to tag out first to Black Cobra who nailed Horri with a springboard drop-kick, Horri got right back to his feet and went for a Lariat only to be taken off his feet with a basement drop-kick and Cobra headed up top, to then come crashing down with the FROM CANADA WITH LOVE (Swandive Headbutt) but Horri managed to move out of the move and Cobra ending up eating the canvas.......

Horri then feeling the momentum shift his way, followed up with a HORRI SPINEBUSTER (Sitout Spinebuster).......

One.....

Two.....

Thr......

Taira broke up the pin, Nakasawa then to clothesline Taira to the outside. Nakasawa then continued to brawl with Taira on the outside, distracting referee Terakado who missed Masuno sneaking into the ring to nail Horri with the MAGIC K.O (Rolling Elbow with a Loaded Elbow Pad) just as Horri was setting up for the Destiny Bomb on Cobra......

Cobra then rolled Horri up for the pin......

One......

Two.....

Thr.........

Onodera dived in to make the save, but was quickly ordered back to his corner as referee Terakado desperately tried to restore order. Horri still remained on the mat and Cobra went for a cover again.....

One......

Two.....

Thr.....

This time 'Mr One Million Per Cent Burning Hammer' kicked out.......

Cobra then tried to place Horri in the STONE HOLD, but Horri managed to block the attempt and then plant 'Canadian Darkness' into the mat with a HURRICANE SPINEBUSTER (Spinning Spinebuster) as they rose back to their feet......

Cobra was nearer to his corner though and managed to tag in Taira, but Horri was able to get the tag into Nakasawa and the World Champion engaged in a striking battle with Taira, until the 'Bulldozer' took control with a rake to the face.......

Taira then looked to set up for Vertical suplex but Nakasawa managed to block the attempt and then impressively take the larger Taira over with one of his own for a two count. Taira then staggered back up to his feet to be taken down with a NAKASAWA NECKBREAKER (inverted Swinging Neckbreaker).......

One......

Two.....

Thr......

Taira kicked out and Nakasawa decided to climb the turnbuckles but just as he was about to set up for the H-SAULT, Masuno came over to crotch the World Champion on the top turnbuckle...... A recovered Taira then set Nakasawa up for the WRECKING BALL (Muscle Buster) but Nakasawa managed to slip off and then nail 'the Bulldozer' with a SUDDEN IMPACT LARIAT ........

Horri raced out of the corner to knock Masuno off the apron,

Cobra tried to come in to break up the pin, but was taken down with a drop toe hold Onodera, who then placed Cobra into the LRC (Arm Trap Crossface)

One.......

Two....

Three !!!!

Hiroaki Nakasawa had once again lead the Burning Sekigun to victory, despite the Black Heart Brethren's best efforts be it fair or foul.

Result: Hiroaki Nakasawa [w}. Kinnojo Horri & Takayuki Onodera bt Yasuhiko Taira [L], Yasunobu Masuno & Black Cobra in 24:32 via pinfall (Sudden Impact Lariat)

Rating: B+

Onodera's Assessment: The crowd are always pretty hot for a Nakasawa appearance but this was also a genuinely good six man tag and everyone including Black Magic had their working boots on here.

Post Match Comments:

Hiroaki Nakasawa: Right now the Burning Sekigiun are stronger than ever, we are tight as a unit and I feel that no one can stop us. By the time this tour is over the Sekigun will show that we are the Ichiban unit here in Burning Hammer.

Kinnojo Horri: Indeed any problems that were between us are long in the past and as Nakasawa said we are stronger than the Brethren, stronger than Dragon Feet and we will show that we are even stronger than INSPIRE.

Yasunobu Masuno: Enjoy your hollow victory party Sekigun because the Black Heart Brethren will be back on top, the Brethren always find a way, and we will find that way, anyway to better you or anyone else here.

Match #6: Golden Scorpion vs Shimedzu

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_GoldenScorpion-1.jpg vs http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_Shimedzu-1.jpg

A completely random match up admittedly, but one fans have not been treated to on many occasions. In alot of ways it's a match between competiors whose careers have followed similar paths with both finding success in Tag Team competition, but yet to get find the same level of success in singles competition despite both showing that they can compete well in the singles format.

They trade kicks and strikes to start, Shimedzu begins to assert some authority and Scorpion goes out for a powder. The Junior Tag champ uses the full twenty count to regroup and avoids an early Life Flasher attempt from Shimedzu, before taking down 'Kamikaze Spirit' with Dragon Screw legwhip on the apron. Scorpion then pulled Shimedzu out to the floor and lit up the Rebellion man's chest with a combination of kicks before pitching Shimedzu back into the ring.

Scorpion then went for the Golden Shot but saw Shimedzu move out of the way to land on his feet and then try to nail Shimedzu with a springboard roundhouse kick, Shimedzu managed to duck that and nail Scorpion with a spin kick instead, before applying a Full Nelson as he looked to set up for the Dragon Suplex....Scorpion blocked that however with a sneaky low blow, before trying for the Brainbuster.....Shimedzu blocked that but was then planted into the mat by Scorpion with an STO.

Scorpion then headed up top, and nailed Shimedzu with a missile drop-kick as the former two time Tag champion staggered up to his feet. That got a two count for Scorpion, who again tried for the Brainbuster but Shimedzu was able to block the attempt again and reversed into the REVOLUTION DROP (Twisting Inverted Brainbuster).......

One.....

Two.....

Thr.....

Scorpion kicked out but Shimedzu remained in control as he locked on the INSURREXION DEVICE (Guillotine Choke) but the 'Gold and Black Attack' dug deep to force the rope break. Shimedzu then lifted Scorpion back up to a vertical base and set up for the Skull Drop but Scorpion managed to sneak in a knee to the groin and counteted into the BRAINBUSTER.

Scorpion was unable to follow up with a immediate cover however and Shimedzu was still up to his feet first... 'Kamikaze Spirit' then tried to nail Scorpion with a LIFE FLASHER only to be stopped in mid track by a spinning heel kick from Scorpion, who then drilled the dazed Shimedzu into the canvas with another BRAINBUSTER....

One.....

Two.....

Thr......

Shimedzu kicked out, and Scorpion dragged the Rebellion man in place, to go out onto the apron and deliver the GOLDEN SHOT (Slingshot Legdrop).......

One....

Two.....

Thr.....

Shimedzu kicked out again, much to Scorpion's frustration but the 'Gold and Black Attack' remained in control with a flurry of kicks before setting up for the SCORPION STINGER but Shimedzu managed to counter into a back body drop. Shimedzu then nailed Scorpion with a roundhouse kick, before planting the Junior Tag Team champion with the A-KO ARROW (Slingshot Falcon Arrow).......

One......

Two.....

Thr......

Scorpion managed to kick out but Shimedzu remained his composure, reeling together a rapid fire combo of kicks before drilling the dazed Scorpion into the mat with the SHIMEDZU SKULL DROP (Spike Brainbuster)......

One......

Two.....

Three

Result: Shimedzu [w} bt Golden Scorpion [L] in 15:06 via pinfall (Shimedzu Skull Drop)

Rating: B

Onodera's Assessment: For a meaningless random match this was pretty enjoyable, Scorpion got in plenty of offence not to look weak but ultimately Shimedzu is in the main event scene right now and he rightly went over.

Post Match Comments:

Shimedzu: You know what it was fun to go out there and compete against someone more my size again, but at the end of the day I know I have to take down the big guys here in Burning Hammer if I want to become a World Champion and though I have now failed on two occassions it is a dream I will not give up on.

Match #7: BOSJ Cup Block B:

Hyosuke Kokan vs Marihito Masuko

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_HyosukeKokan-1.jpg vs http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_MarihitoMasuko-1.jpg

Back to cup action and these Burning Sekigun stable mates have had constrasting fortunes so far in the cup, can Kokan play spoiler and prevent Masuko from joining Cobra with the only 100 % record so far in the cup ?

They start with some chain wrestling trade-offs and some flash pin attempts that end up in a couple of stand-offs and a respectful nod to one another.

Things pick up when Masuko snaps off a spinning headscissors but Kokan immediately responds with a drop kick that sends the 'Painted Wonder' out to the floor, before the Size of the Fight man comes soaring through the ropes with a suicide dive. Kokan then pitched Masuko back into the ring and covered for a two count, before dragging Masuko back up to his feet to set up for an Elemental Suplex....

Masuko however fought out of that and forced a standing switch, Kokan however slipped out of Masuko's waist lock and they trading standing switches until Kokan finally able to plant Masuko onto his back with a belly to back suplex.

The 'Electric Livewire' then nailed Masuko with a dropkick and followed up with a running senton for a two count before lock on the Electric Shocker Clutch

Masuko however fought his way back up to his feet only for Kokan to plant Masuko into the canvas with the ELECTRIC SHOCKER SUPLEX (Double Chickenwing Suplex)......

One.....

Two.....

Thr......

Masuko kicked out but remained rooted to the mat and Kokan headed up top, but before the Size of the Fight man could take flight, Masuko was back up to climb up top himself and bring Kokan crashing back into the ring with a hurrucanrana......

But Kokan rolled through and then managed to reapply the ELECTRIC SHOCKER CLUTCH (Sitting Double Chickenwing)......

Masuko however prevented Kokan from completely getting the submission hold fully locked on and he began to rise to his feet again, but Kokan managed to change plan and planted the 'Painted Wonder' into the mat with an inverted DDT before heading up top once again......

This time Kokan did manage to take flight as he came crashing down upon Masuko with the FORESHOCK (Flipping Senton Bomb).......

But Masuko got the knees up and Kokan clutched his back in agony before Masuko seized back the momentum with a shin breaker and then a MASUKO CRADLE (Leg Hook Belly to Back Suplex).......

One.....

Two....

Thr.......

Kokan kicked out

But Masuko was able to remain in control and planted Kokan with another MASUKO CRADLE.......

One.....

Two.....

Three

Marihito Masuko joins Black Cobra with a 100 % record thus far in the tournament and he must be thinking that another BOSJ Cup could be in his sights.

Result: Marihito Masuko [w] bt Hyosuke Kokan [L] in 9:30 via pinfall (Masuko Cradle)

Onodera's Assessment: Solid match but I don't think anyone was going to buy into Kokan pulling out the upset here even when he was controlling the match and so despite their best efforts the reaction from the crowd was somewhat luke warm.

Post Match Comments:

Marihito Masuko: The path to eternal greatness, passes through warriors both honorable and those who follow one of darkness but I cannot be torn when presented with opportunities to take forth my own glory, a strength from inside must be shown, compassion must not be the weakness that keeps me down.

Hyosuke Kokan: I stand before you a defeated man, and my ambitions of advancing this year in tatters but one thing I am not is a broken man, one thing I will never be is broken.

Match #8: BOSJ Cup Block A:

Barei Yasujiro vs The Awesome Kiyaru

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_BaireiYasujiro-1.jpg vs http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_TheAwesomeKiyaru-1.jpg

Three time cup winner and perennial challenger The Awesome Kiyaru has made the stronger start but a win here for Yasujiro would keep his qualification hopes alive and really open things up in Block A.

The match began with a very fast paced sequence of chain wrestling, that wouldn't have looked out of place in any Lucha Libre ring in Mexico and given both Yasujiro's and Kiyaru's history of initially making their name in Mexico this came as little suprise.

Kiyaru however became frustrated that Yasujiro was matching him move for move and soon resorted to an eye-poke and then a knee to the groin before drilling the 'Mighty Mouse' into the mat with a DDT.

The 'Dark Enigma' then decided to head up top, but Yasujiro was quickly back up to his feet and he sent Kiyaru crashing back into the ring with a hurrucana but before he could follow up with an immediate cover, Kiyaru managed to roll out of the ring to try and regroup.

Yasujiro however wasn't go to waste anytime waiting for Kiyaru to get back into the ring and sprang off the top-rope to wipe out Kiyaru with an Arabian Press. Yasujiro then pitched Kiyaru back into the ring and headed up top before delivering a missile drop-kick as the Junior Tag champion rose back up to a vertical base.

Yasujiro then snapped off a headscissors before following up with a standing Shooting Star Press for a two count. Still in control Yasujiro placed Kiyaru in the Electric Chair position to set up for the Yasujiro Suplex buy Kiyaru quickly countered that into a victory roll.

'The Mighty Mouse' kicked out of that but was then taken down with a jumping high angle leg lariat from Kiyaru, who then planted the stunned Yasujiro into the canvas with a Falcon Arrow.......

That got the 'Dark Enigma' a two count, before Kiyaru went out onto the apron. The Black Heart Brethren man then looked to set up for the Ethereal Killer but was met with a spinning heel kick from Yasujiro before he could launch himself with the Springboard.

Yasujiro then dumped Kiyaru across the top-rope with a front suplex, before heading towards the opposite turnbuckle. Yasujiro then went for a flying leg-drop on the prone Kiyaru, but the three time cup winner moved away at the last split second and Yasujiro crashed and burned, before staggering back up to his feet only to be planted into the mat with a Tilt-A-Whirl Russian Legsweep from Kiyaru.

That got Kiyaru a two count, before the 'Dark Enigma' headed up top and launch himself off with a moonsault.....

Yasujiro moved out of the way but Kiyaru was able to land on his feet and instantly transition into a standing moonsault, to pull off the INSTANT WIZARD....

One....

Two.....

Thr.......

Yasujiro staggered back up to his feet after kicking out and Kiyaru attempted the KIYARU EFFECT but Yasujiro was able block the attempt and then catch Kiyaru in a wheelbarrow...the three time BOSJ cup winner managed to block the attempt at a Mighty Mouse Driver but Yasujiro was able to plant Kiyaru onto the canvas with a Wheelbarrow suplex.

That got Yasujiro a two count, before the Universal Excellence man headed up to the top turnbuckle but Kiyaru was back up to his feet to stun Yasujiro with a springboard Enziguri...Kiyaru then attempted to bring Yasujiro crashing back in with a top-rope KIYARU EFFECT but once again Yasujiro was able to block the attempt before shoving Kiyaru down to the mat and then delivering the MIGHTY MOUSE AIR ATTACK (Sky Twister Press).......

One......

Two......

Thr.......

Kiyaru kicked out, but Yasujiro stayed focused and the Universal Excellence man set up for the MIGHTY MOUSE DRIVER but Kiyaru managed to block and then counter into a quick roll-up......

One.......

Two......

Yasujro kicked out and then stunned Kiyaru with a spin kick before setting up for the YASUJIRO SUPLEX but Kiyaru countered into one of Yasujiro's own signature moves the POISON RANA (Reverse Rana).....Yasujiro then staggered back up to his feet only to be taken down with a KIYARU EFFECT (Forward Somersault Stunner)......

One.....

Two......

Thr......

Yasujiro managed to kick out much to the frustration of Kiyaru, however Yasujiro was literally running on empty, and was soon taken down with a legsweep from Kiyaru, who then headed up top, to come crashing down upon Yasujiro with the......

MAGIC CLOUD (Imploding 450 Splash).....

One....

Two.....

Three !!

The Awesome Kiyaru pulls out the win and now appears to be on something of a roll, as he begins to put together a very strong case for advancing to the semi finals. The defeat virtually ends Yasujiro's chances of advancing, mathematically it's not impossible but it's now highly unlikely.

Result: The Awesome Kiyaru [w] bt Barei Yasujiro [L] in 13:49 via pinfall (Magic Cloud)

Onodera's Assessment: There is little doubt that these two can pull out some jaw dropping moves and even with both advancing towards 40, they still both of the most exciting Junior Heavyweights in the world, but the selling of each other's offence wasn't too great and it did turn the match into something of a spot-fest rather. It was good but with a better flow and more believable selling it could have been so much better.

Post Match Comments:

The Awesome Kiyaru: Other's may have pipped me to the post these past few years, but they are the princes to the King and I am the King of the tournament. It's time the King was sat upon his throne once again.

Barei Yasujiro: I know that my chances of advancing are now finished but I am determined to finish my first ever Best of the Super Juniors strongly and finish as I high as I can in the Block.

Match #9: BOSJ Cup Block A:

John Pathlow vs Sensational Dragon

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_HellMonkey_alt2.jpg vs http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_SensationalDragon_jhd21.jpg

This is already looking like a pivotal match in the Block, as the winner will put themselves in a strong position to qualify for the semi finals. Overall Pathlow arguably has made the better start to the competion but Dragon comes into this match off a back of a win, whilst Pathlow is looking to bounce back from a frustrating draw with VENOM.

The opening portion of the match was very cagey, as they engaged in some hold for hold mat wrestling with neither man really taking the risk to force the pace and be coaxed into making a mistake.

About seven minutes in Sensational Dragon tried to take Pathlow by surprise with a quick roll-up, but the INSPIRE man quickly kicked out and then took Dragon off his feet with a spinning leg-sweep. Pathlow was then able to seize the initiative peppering the Junior Champion with his rapid fire kicks and chops.

The flurry backed the Sensational One up into the corner and Pathlow charged in with leaping fore-arm only for Dragon to move out of the way and stun Pathlow with a leaping Enziguri. Dragon then pitched Pathlow up onto the top turbuckle and looked to bring Pathlow crashing back into the ring with a hurracanrana, but Pathlow blocked the attempt, chopping Dragon down into the tree of woe position, before coming off the top with a double stomp.

That got Pathlow a two count, before he propped Dragon up against the corner and unleashed another flurry of chops and kicks to leave the defending cup holder in a daze. This time Pathlow pitched Dragon onto the top turnbuckle, and then brought the Junior Champion crashing back into the ring with a superplex.

That lead to another two count for Pathlow, who then looked to set up for the Kill Drill but Dragon was able to block the attempt by going down to one knee.....Pathlow then went for a running kick, but the Sensational One caught the leg and countered into a Dragon Screw legwhip.

Pathlow hobbled back up to his feet but was immediately taken down with a basement drop-kick from Dragon, leading to the Sensational One beginning to work over the legs of Pathlow, before placing the INSPIRE man in a Figure Four Leglock.

'Rapid Fire' digged down deep however and managed to turn the Figure Four over so that the pressure was now on Dragon, however Dragon managed to force the pressure back the other way but Pathlow was able to scramble for the bottom rope.

Pathlow then tried to seize the iniative as they got back up to their feet with his stronger striking game but himself slowed from being in the Figure Four and Dragon was able to survive a weak flurry before stringing together his own flurry of kicks, that left Pathlow dazed enough for him to attempt a Dragon Suplex but Pathlow managed to block the attempt and then force a standing switch to dump Dragon with a German Suplex Hold.

One.....

Two...

Thr......

That got Pathlow the closest near count of the match so far, before the INSPIRE man decided to head up top, but still hobbled from Dragon working over the leg he took too long climbing the turbuckle and Dragon was able to recover and send Pathlow crashing back into the ring with a hurracanrana.

Pathlow then staggered back up to his feet but was soon caught in the Junior Champion's Tilt-a-Whirl Arm Bar submission the DRAGON'S CROSS......

Pathlow however did managed to fight through the pain and reach out of the ropes to force a rope break. Dragon then took down Pathlow with a basement drop-kick before heading out onto the apron, where he then launched himself back in just as Pathlow rose back to his feet......

But the INSPIRE man managed to block the SENSATION SHOCK and counter into a powerbomb......

Pathlow got a two count off the folding pin and then peppered Dragon with another flurry of kicks, before dumping the Junior Champion with another German Suplex. That got Pathlow another two count before 'Rapid Fire' took Dragon over with a snapmare, to then deliver another vicious flurry of stiff kicks.

That lead to another two count for Pathlow, who then begged Dragon to get back up to his feet, before Dragon staggered into Pathlow and the momentum took the INSPIRE man into the ring-ropes....Pathlow then went for the APOCALYSPE LARIAT but Dragon was able to duck under and then nail Pathlow with superkick before planting 'Rapid Fire' onto the canvas with a DRAGON SLICE (Shiranui)......

One.......

Two......

Thr......

Pathlow managed to kick out much to Dragon's frustation. The Junior champion then headed for the top-rope but before Dragon could take flight Pathlow was back up to his feet....however Dragon was step ahead and dived off the top turbuckle to bring Pathlow down with a SENSATION SHOCK (Diving Front Flip Hurracana Pin).........

One......

Two......

Thr.......

Pathlow managed to power his shoulder up......Dragon argued with referee Omura Umeki that he though it should have been three, before turning his attention back to Pathlow who was staggering back to his feet.......

Dragon then went for a superkick but Pathlow side-stepped out of the way and then rocked Dragon with a roundhouse kick before levelling the defending cup holder with a Lariat. Dragon shook the Lariat off and immediately rose back up to his feet, only to be nailed with BLUNT FORCE TRAUMA (Leaping Side Kick)......

One.......

Two........

Thr.......

Dragon managed to kick out but remained in a daze and Pathlow managed to snare the Junior Champion into a butterfly lock to drill Dragon into the canvas with the KILL DRILL (Double Underhook Piledriver).......

One.......

Two.....

Three !!!

John Pathlow had managed to bounce back from his draw with VENOM with a huge win over the Junior Champion putting himself in a great position to push on and qualify for the semi finals, whose own BOSJ Cup campaign is now very much hanging in the balance.

Result: John Pathlow [w] bt Sensational Dragon [L] in 24:33 via pinfall (Kill Drill)

Onodera's Assessment: Dragon-san and Pathlow-san put together a good main event here and they do work well with one another, but for some reason they can't quite raise their matches against one another to being great as opposed to just being good and we could have done with them pulling out a great match to close the show with.

Post Match Comments:

John Pathlow (in English): I showed tonight that I DO have what it takes to be the Best of the Super Juniors, I beat the Junior Champion and I'm top of my Block, a position I WILL hold till the very end.

Sensational Dragon: Pathlow-san may well have emerged with the victory this time, but I am going to still be the one winning when it matters....anyone can cruise through the Block Stage, been there done that bought the T-Shirt...actually go buy my T-Shirt, it's the only T-Shirt that is Sensational like me. I will show just how Sensational I am by coming back from adversity to go on and retain the Best of the Super Juniors

Overall: B

Onodera's Viewpoint: This was a solid show but it peaked with the Sekigun-BHB six man tag in the middle of the show, as opposed to the main event, which was good but wasn't anywhere near the level to outshine the Six Man Tag. But this is the risk we are running at the moment by having all Junior Division matches in the main event, as opposed to the usual suspects such as world champion Hiroaki Nakasawa.

BHOTWGPuroresu.com

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_BHOTWG_BSJ.jpg

Best of the Super Juniors XI:

The Warriors Beyond

Standings After Night Four:

<TABLE dir=ltr cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=12 width=565 border=1><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=bottom width="33%" height=0>BLOCK A

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="17%" height=0>W

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="17%" height=0>L

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="17%" height=0>T

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="17%" height=0>Pts

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=bottom width="33%" height=0>John Pathlow

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="17%" height=0>3

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="17%" height=0>0

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="17%" height=0>1

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="17%" height=0>7

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=bottom width="33%" height=0>The Awesome Kiyaru

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="17%" height=0>6

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=bottom width="33%" height=0>Golden Scorpion

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=bottom width="33%" height=0>Sensational Dragon

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=bottom width="33%" height=0>VENOM

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=bottom width="33%" height=0>Barei Yasujiro

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="17%" height=0>2

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=bottom width="33%" height=0>Super Joshuya

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE dir=ltr cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=12 width=565 border=1><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=bottom width="33%" height=0>BLOCK B

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="17%" height=0>W

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="17%" height=0>L

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="17%" height=0>T

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="17%" height=0>Pts

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=bottom width="33%" height=0>Black Cobra

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=bottom width="33%" height=0>Marihito Masuko

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=bottom width="33%" height=0>Elemental III

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=bottom width="33%" height=0>Kansuke Konda

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="17%" height=0>4

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=bottom width="33%" height=0>American Optimus

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=bottom width="33%" height=0>Haru Kurofuji

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=bottom width="33%" height=0>Hyosuke Kokan

I wouldn't have to ask this if I had the game in front of me, but has a gaijin ever won the Best of the Super Juniors? If not, we look like we could be heading that direction. An all-gaijin final perhaps even. Keep up the great work, TK.

There has been one gaijin winner in Black Cobra, who lifted the cup in 2007, defeating Sensational Dragon in the finals to win Best of the Super Juniors VIII.

There's a full history of the Best of the Super Juniors on Page 39.

There has been one gaijin winner in Black Cobra, who lifted the cup in 2007, defeating Sensational Dragon in the finals to win Best of the Super Juniors VIII.

There's a full history of the Best of the Super Juniors on Page 39.

Nice history. Great detail. Like that you gave the full blocks for each addition, as that adds some great depth. I recall give that a cursory read at the time but never went back to read it more carefully as I intended.

I thought we had a gaijin winner... but some reason, I thought Black Cobra was still trying for his first win (and its the Super Junior title he's yet to win). I'm sure you've mentioned that as well, so I should have known better.

BHOTWGPuroresu.com

BHOTWG's Burn Don't Freeze Tour heads to the Matsue Sports Park in Chugoku on Wednesday 16th June. It's round five of the Best of the Super Juniors and victory or defeat now could make or break campaigns.

In Block A defending champion Sensational Dragon is looking to bounce back from defeat to John Pathlow and keep his defence of the cup alive. Going up against him is Dragon Feet 2K9 stable mate Super Joshuya, who is only competing for pride having all of his matches thus far. It has many fans wondering if Joshuya with nothing really to fight for will just 'rollover' for his stable mate, but surely Joshuya (a former BOSJ Cup holder himself) will have too much pride for that?

The Awesome Kiyaru with three wins out of four has put himself in a very strong position to once again reach the semi finals and another win here will see him put one foot in the door but VENOM kept his own hopes of qualification just about alive with victory over Super Joshuya in Round 4 and will be keen to strengthen his own credentials whilst at the same time derailing The Awesome Kiyaru.

Barei Yasujiro with just one win in four matches can no longer make it into the semi finals but he will be keen to finish his first BOSJ Cup strongly, and with the pressure off that may just make him a dangerous opponent for Golden Scorpion's whose own qualification hopes are very much hanging in the balance.

Block B see's a massive match between two former cup winners and Tag Team partners in Marihito Masuko and Elemental III and with Block B looking like it is shaping up to be a three way tussle between Masuko, Elemental and Black Cobra a victory here for either man could prove pivotal for their qualification hopes.

Black Cobra who has made a perfect start to the campaign will be a huge favourite against Hyosuke Kokan, who having lost his first three matches is now just fighting for pride. But the Size of the Fight man is a determined competitor and he would love nothing more than to bring Cobra's thus far 'perfect' cup to a shuddering halt.

Rounding out Block B American Optimus and Haru Kurofuji is a match that will only be for pride, with both now mathematically unable to reach the semi finals.

In non cup action recent World Tag Team Title Challengers Wild Fire will face off against former two time champions The Rebellion, with the winning team earning the next shot at Black Magic's World Tag Team Championship. Even though Wild Fire have come up short in dethroning Black Magic, they have proved themselves to be worthy challengers in their matches with the champions; and whilst The Rebellion's focus has been towards singles glory the past few months their reputation as one of the truly great Tag Team in Burning Hammer history makes them instantly credible challengers for the belts.

There will be another huge tag match as the World Tag Team Champions themselves, Black Magic (Masuno & Taira) go up against the Burning Sekigun's big guns of World Champion Hiroaki Nakasawa and Kinnojo Horri. The match may only be for personal pride but Black Magic will be keen to bounce back from defeat in Monday's Six Man Tag, whilst Nakasawa and Horri will be equally as keen to further drive home that the Burning Sekigun is stronger.

Rounding out the main show John Pathlow, on his bye round and coming off his huge win over Sensational Dragon, takes on Masutaro Kataoka. Can the veteran bring, do as VENOM did in the BOSJ Cup and upset the odds against the hard striking gaijin sensation?

Bonus pre-show action see's Kansuke Konda team with Snow Lizzard against Roku Sotomura, Red Panther and The Incredible Koyama in six man action, whilst former Tag champions The Behemoths take on RAGE's Yoshii Shiomi and Toshiki Shibanumo.

Here is a full run down of the card for Show #34 of the Burn Don't Freeze Tour

Burn Don't Freeze Tour- Show #34

-Best of the Super Juniors XI:

The Warriors Beyond

Night Five

(Matsue Sports Park , Hokkaido, Wednesday 16th June 2010)

Best of the Super Juniors XI: The Warriors Beyond

(All Matches 30 Minute Time Limit, Win = 2Pts, Draw= 1Pt):

Block A:

'Representing Dragon Feet 2K9'

Junior Champion/Reigning BOSJ Cup Holder-

Sensational Dragon

vs

Super Joshuya

'Representing Black Heart Brethren'

Junior Tag Team Champion-

The Awesome Kiyaru

vs

'Representing RAGE'

VENOM

'Representing Universal Excellence'

Barei Yasujiro

vs

Golden Scorpion

Block B:

'Representing Burning Sekigun'

Elemental III

vs

Marihito Masuko

Black Cobra

vs

Hysosuke Kokan

American Optimus

vs

Haru Kurofuji

World Tag Team Contention Showdown (30 Min Time Limit):

The Rebellion (Shimedzu & Miyamae)

vs

Wild Fire (Tadakuni Toshusai & Takayuki Onodera)

Only for Pride Tag Team Battle (30 Min Time Limit):

World Champion-Hiroaki Nakasawa &

Kinnojo Horri

vs

World Tag Team Champions-

Black Magic (Yasunobu Masuno & Yasuhiko Taira)

Singles Challenge Match (15 Min Time Limit):

'Representing Team INSPIRE'

John Pathlow

vs

Masutaro Kataoka

Pre-Show Matches (10 Min Time Limit):

Kansuke Konda & Snow Lizzard vs

Roku Sotomura, Red Panther & The Incredible Koyama

Toshiki Shibanumo & Yoshii Shiomi vs The Behemoths

__________________________________________________ ____________________

Predictions Form:

BOSJ Cup Block A: Sensational Dragon vs Super Joshuya

BOSJ Cup Block A: The Awesome Kiyaru vs VENOM

BOSJ Cup Block A: Barei Yasujiro vs Golden Scorpion

BOSJ Cup Block B: Elemental III vs Marihito Masuko

BOSJ Cup Block B: Black Cobra vs Hyosuke Kokan

BOSJ Cup Block B: American Optimus vs Haru Kurofuji

Tag Contenders: The Rebellion (Shimedzu & Miyamae) vs Wild Fire (Toshusai & Onodera)

Non Title: Black Magic (Masuno & Taira) vs Nakasawa & Horri#

John Pathlow vs Masutaro Kataoka

Konda & Snow Lizzard (Shiraishi & Kawate) vs Sotomura, Panther & Koyama

Shibanumo & Shiomi vs The Behemoths (Yuasha & Kanishoki)

Tag Contenders: The Rebellion (Shimedzu & Miyamae) vs Wild Fire (Toshusai & Onodera)

This seems like a HUGE card. How long are your shows? Five hours? :D

Sensational Dragon vs Super Joshuya

- A desperate dragon is a DANGEROUS dragon.

The Awesome Kiyaru vs VENOM

- Noooooooooo my two favourite masks. Well, Two of the top three. sebsplex's rerender of Senational Dragon is fantastic enough to be Tigerkinney's avatar. Oh... wait. Kiyaru!

Barei Yasujiro vs Golden Scorpion

- Another fine mask but Yasujiro may be fighting for pride but GS should nicely make the last few matches super tense.

Elemental III vs Marihito Masuko

- Both are doing very, very well. I think a draw here lets some others have hope.

Black Cobra vs Hysosuke Kokan

- I can't see the former gaijin champ losing to Kokan. Cobra wants to recapture this cup.

American Optimus vs Haru Kurofuji

- AO has unimpressed, but I think it'll be a worse tourney for UE.

The Rebellion (Shimedzu & Miyamae) vs Wild Fire (Tadakuni Toshusai & Takayuki Onodera)

- Not to get Toshusai's win back but this shows Wild Fire are more the tag team while The Rebellion make their assault on invididual glory.

Hiroaki Nakasawa & Kinnojo Horri vs Black Magic (Yasunobu Masuno & Yasuhiko Taira)

- Eventually I'll be right, this time though it's because the tag team champs have to continue to look strong and HorriSawa haven't been on the same page of late.

- The Monkey from Hell looks strong during the month of the Super Juniors.

Kansuke Konda & Snow Lizzard vs

Roku Sotomura, Red Panther & The Incredible Koyama

- I'd like to vote for Panther and Koyama but... Konda seems too big for the pre-show. Hmmm maybe his Big Fight Stunner doesn't work in the dark? Oh, well, Snow Lizzard do best in darkness.

Toshiki Shibanumo & Yoshii Shiomi vs The Behemoths

- Things that go SQUASH in the night.

Dragon needs to win if he wants to have any change to get past group stage.

Kiyaru has to be the favorite here but him winning here would but Dragon in a very tight spot and I still expect Dragon and Pathlow to advance so I go with VENOM making another upset via draw.

Scorpion is the better guy

I expect Masuko and Cobra to advance in this block but E3 needs to look good so lets say draw on this one too.

BOSJ Cup Block B: Black Cobravs Hyosuke Kokan

I just can´t predict against Cobra here even though some kind of point loss might be needed here if you want to keep things close.

This looks like the place where Optimus can get some redemption

Rebellion guys have more of a singles push right now so Wild Fire makes more sense as contenders and possibly the next champions.

Non Title: Black Magic (Masuno & Taira) vs Nakasawa & Horri

I like Black Magic but no way they win here espesially as it´s non-title

Squash

Konda is the biggest name here

Named team over random pairing

Dragon needs the win, and Joshuya is already out of the running

VENOM had a good win, but Kiyaru is a level above

Scorpion maintains pace with his partner

Masuko is safely in, but E3 needs this one

Cobra continues as current front runner

AO failing to live up to the mask seems to be a story, so it continues here

Wild Fire had their shot, it's Rebellions turn

Non Title: Black Magic (Masuno & Taira) vs Nakasawa & Horri

Black Magic loses here, especially as its non title

Pathlow is in the midst of a strong push, he isnt losing here

Konda & Snow Lizzard (Shiraishi & Kawate)

vs Sotomura, Panther & Koyama

Hell has frozen over and the Snow Lizzards are skating on the ice as they get a second victory this month

The Behemoths get a good win over a team that has some momentum.

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/BHOTWG-1.jpg?t=1268427909

Burn, Don't Freeze Tour - Show 34

-Best of the Super Juniors XI:The Warriors Beyond

Night Five

(Wednesday June 16th 2010)

Matsue Sports Park, Chugoku (Attendance 4'118)

Commentators: Toru Minamoto, Mitsuhide Muro & Katsuhiko Shunsen

Pre-Show

Match A: The Behemoths (Nisso Yuasha & Kanishoki) vs Toshiki Shibanumo & Yoshii Shiomi

This was basically just an extended squash for The Behemoths, who continue in their role of lowercard 'Bullies'. The RAGE pair try their best to keep the inevitable from happening but in the end they just don't have it in them to take down the two monsters and just shy of five minutes Toshiki Shibanumo falls to Nisso Yuasha's Quake Bomb (Elevated Powerbomb)

Result: Nisso Yuasha [w] & Kanishoki bt Toshiki Shibanumo [L] & Yoshi Shiomi in 4:52 via pinfall (Quake Bomb)

Rating: C-

Match B: Kansuke Konda, Sanetomo Shiraishi & Sessue Kawate vs Roku Sotomura, Red Panther & The Incredible Koyama

This was a solid Six Man Tag that was perfectly serviceable for a pre-show contest. Red Panther and Koyama got to show off some of their high flying talents with some nice dives to the floor but in the end the cohesiveness between the Burning Sekigun trio came to the fore (and this is a match that reminds us that Snow Lizzard are part of that faction, even if they are very much on the margins of the group) with Kansuke Konda earning the victory with a Konda Kutter on The Incredible Koyama

Result: Kansuke Konda [w] , Sanetomo Shiraishi & Sessue Kawate vs Roku Sotomura, Red Panther & The Incredible Koyama [L] vin 6:56 via pinfall (Konda Kutter)

Main Show

Match #1: BOSJ Cup Block A:

Barei Yasujiro vs Golden Scorpion

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_BaireiYasujiro-1.jpg vs http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_GoldenScorpion-1.jpg

Golden Scorpion has made a solid start of the tournament but really needs a win to put himself right back in contention for a spot in the semi finals, Barei Yasujiro needs a miracle to make it to the next round but will still be motivated to finish with as many points as he can in his debut BOSJ Cup and with the pressure off he could be an even more dangerous opponent.

It's the usual back and forth chain wrestling opening to start. The match moves up a gear just over five minutes in when Yasujiro snaps of a head-scissors that takes Scorpion out to the floor and then goes for an Arabian Press, Scorpion however moves out of the way and then levels Yasujiro with a Yakuza kick despite the Universal Excellence man being able to land on his feet.

Scorpion pitches Yasujiro back into the ring and gets a two count, before setting up for Brainbuster but the 'Mighty Mouse' manages to block and counters into a snap suplex before following up with a Quebrada for a two count.

Yasujro then sets up for a Mighty Mouse Driver by placing Scorpion in a wheel barrow, but Scorpion was not significantly weakened enough and is able to roll through into a quick roll up. Yasujiro kicks out of that and immediately seizes back control with a Leg Lariat before placing Scorpion upon his shoulders, the Junior Tag Champion however slips off and then nails Yasujiro with a spinning heel kick before drilling the stunned Universal Excellence man into the mat with a BRAINBUSTER.

One.....

Two........

Yasujiro kicks out but remains rooted to the mat and Scorpion goes out onto the apron, but before the 'Gold and Black Attack' can go for the Golden Shot, Yasujiro springs back up to his feet and sends Scorpion crashing the floor with a standing drop-kick before wiping Scorpion out with a corkscrew plancha.

The 'Mighty Mouse' then pitches Scorpion back into the ring and heads up top, but the 'Gold and Black Attack' gets back to his feet and cuts Yasujiro off. Scorpion then tries for the Aneursym Brainbuster but Yasujiro manages to fight it off and shoves Scorpion to the mat before taking the Junior Tag Champion down with a Flying Crossbody for a two count.

Yasujiro then sets up for the Yasujiro suplex again by placing Scorpion in the Electric Chair position but just as earlier in the match the 'Gold and Black Attack' manages to fight his way off...Scorpion then delivers a boot to Yasujiro's mid-section before planting the 'Mighty Mouse' into the mat with the SCORPION STINGER (Leg Hook Sunset Flip Powerbomb)

One.......

Two.....

Three

Golden Scorpion gets the win and keeps his hopes of advancing to the semi finals alive.

Result: Golden Scorpion [w] bt Barei Yasujiro [L] in 11:02 via pinfall (Scorpion Stinger)

Onodera's Assessment: Good well worked opening contest, Yasujiro got in plenty of offence but Scorpion who is still 'in' the tournament came out looking strong with a decisive victory.

Post Match Comments:

Golden Scorpion: Overlook the Gold and Black Attack at your peril, because I am a danger in this tournament and the competition will get stung. Pathlow-san you are next and not only must I beat you, I will beat you.

Barei Yasujiro: I would like to finish my first ever appearance in the Best of the Super Juniors with more than one win, but the only person who can do something about that is me. I have only one more opportunity to rectify this and sorry Super Joshuya as much as I can respect you, when we meet up next I will continue to make this a tournament to forget for you.

Match #2: BOSJ Cup Block A:

The Awesome Kiyaru vs VENOM

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_TheAwesomeKiyaru-1.jpg vs http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_Venom-1.jpg

Both still have a chance of making the semi finals, but Kiyaru has more points on the board and VENOM desperately needs the win more to keep his semi final hopes alive, it was no surprise then to see VENOM try and push an aggressive pace with a striking attack that took Kiyaru somewhat by surprise.

A little bit shell shocked Kiyaru went out for a powder, but VENOM was keen to keep the pressure on and headed up top as he looked to wipe Kiyaru out with a diving cross body to the floor. However Kiyaru was able to stun VENOM with a leaping kick from the apron before be brought the dazed RAGE man crashing back into the ring with a hurracanrana only for VENOM to roll through into a jacknife cradle....

One.....

Two......

Kiyaru kicked out but VENOM immediately nailed the 'Dark Enigma' with a V-STINGER (Shining Wizard Enziguri).......

One....

Two....

Thr......

Kiyaru kicked out but VENOM stayed focused and set up for the LETHAL DOSAGE but three time cup winner managed to block and then plant VENOM onto the mat with a front suplex. Kiyaru then continued to swing the momentum back his way with a spinning heel kick before planting VENOM into the mat with a Tilt-a-Whirl Russian Legsweep for a two count.

Kiyaru then decided to head up top but a determined VENOM got back to his feet and cut Kiyaru off. VENOM then appeared to be setting up for a top rope DDT but Kiyaru managed to block that and shove VENOM down to the mat before coming off with a flying leg lariat.

The 'Dark Enigma' then looked for the Kiyaru Effect but VENOM was able to block and counter into an inverted DDT. Kiyaru immediately got straight back up but was taken down with a chop block from VENOM, before the RAGE man managed to lock the STING IN THE TAIL (Cross Kneelock) on Kiyaru.

But the three time cup winner showed his champion credentials by fighting through the pain and digging down to reach the ring ropes and force a rope break. But Kiyaru was now clearly hobbled and VENOM remained in control, lifting Kiyaru up for the LETHAL DOSAGE (Spike DDT) but the 'Dark Enigma' managed to block and countered into the LETHAL DOSAGE himself, dropping VENOM right on his head.

One.....

Two.....

Thr......

VENOM managed to barely get the shoulder up in time but he was still in the match. Kiyaru then decided to head up top as VENOM remained rooted to the mat but hobbled from being in the Sting In The Tail he took too long getting up there and VENOM was back on his feet.....

However the Junior Tag Champion did come off with a flying cross body and immediately rolled through into a pin.....

One....

Two.....

VENOM managed to roll through himself......

One......

Two......

Kiyaru kicked out and then as both rose back to their feet the 'Dark Enigma' sneaked in a kick to VENOM's groin, before delivering the KIYARU EFFECT (Forward Somersault Stunner).....

One.......

Two......

Three

VENOM put up a good fight but in the end Kiyaru was the one to emerge with the victory and put himself in a very strong position to make it through to the semi finals yet again.

Result: The Awesome Kiyaru [w] bt VENOM [L] in 9:44 via pinfall (Kiyaru Effect)

Onodera's Assessment: Good match here, they both got over their desire to win with VENOM stepping up the intensity but Kiyaru using all his veteran experience to sneak by in the end.

Post Match Comments:

The Awesome Kiyaru: Best of the Super Juniors is MY tournament, and the cup will once again be with it's rightful owner.

VENOM: Kiyaru-san I'll give it to you, you know how to win and given the opportunity and if I could get away with it, I may have done the same thing. You may have cost me a chance to advance here but you may have just done yourself a huge favour because Dragon is up next for me and I can assure you that he'll be facing a very determined VENOM , one that will be unleashing the hell he should be unleashing on you.

Match #3: BOSJ Cup Block B:

Black Cobra vs Hyosuke Kokan

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_DuaneStone_alt1.jpg vs http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_HyosukeKokan-1.jpg

So far their cups have been chalk and cheese, Cobra has a perfect record, whilst Kokan has yet to win a match and already does not have any chance of making the semi finals, so Cobra is a huge favourite to win here but Kokan will be determined to prove the point that there are no easy matches in the Best of the Super Juniors.

Cobra does think this will be an easy day at the office and arrogantly taunts Kokan at the start of the match. That just fire's the Size of the Fight man up and unleashes a flurry of strikes but that is soon cut short by Cobra who fires back and then takes Kokan over with a snap suplex.

Cobra then goes for a very nonchlant cover failing to hook the leg....Kokan easily kicks out and tries to fire back with another flurry of strikes but once again Cobra is able to cut the flurry short and drops Kokan down to the mat with a simple fore-arm smash.

The 2007 cup winner then goes for another nonchalant cover but Kokan was playing possum and lure's the arrogant BHB man into a small package.....

One.....

Two.....

Thr......

Kokan came ever so close to a huge upset but Cobra managed to get the shoulder up just in time. Cobra then begins to strut around looking all pleased at his lucky escape only to be sent to the floor with a drop-kick from Kokan.

The 'Electric Live Wire' then launches himself to the floor, wiping out Cobra with a Tope Suicida before pitching the shell shocked Cobra back into the ring and heading up top.

Cobra gets back to his feet but Kokan see's that and leaps off to drop 'Canadian Darkness' into the mat with a Tornado DDT for a two count.

Kokan then locks on the ELECTRIC SHOCKER CLUTCH (Sitting Double Chickewing) but a desperate Cobra begins to fight back to his feet only for Kokan to turn it into the ELECTRIC SHOCKER SUPLEX....

One....

Two......

Thr......

Cobra kicks out, much to the frustration of Kokan but the BHB man remains rooted to the mat and Kokan heads up top before crashing down upon Cobra with the FORESHOCK (Flipping Senton Bomb).....

But Cobra got the knees up, the 2007 cup winner then delivered a boot to Kokan's mid-section before planting the Size of the Fight man onto the mat with the STONEPLEX (Bridging Northern Lights Suplex)......

One.....

Two......

Thr......

Kokan showed he was willing to not go down so easily much to Cobra's frustration but the BHB man remained in control and he took Kokan over with another STONEPLEX !!!

One.....

Two.....

Kokan kicked out again but......

Referee Koetsu Shinozaki mat had hit the mat a third time, and Kokan was unable to get it up in time as Cobra maintained his 100 % record.

Result: Black Cobra [w] bt Hyosuke Kokan [L] in 8:32 via pinfall (Stoneplex).

Onodera's Assessment: Whilst this didn't have blow away action, they were able to get across some simple yet effectice storytelling here, with Kokan the plucky underdog against Cobra's arrogant heel that made it as compelling as some more action packed matches, despite having only eight and a half minutes to get their point across

Post Match Comments:

Black Cobra (in English): Four out of four so far, I intend to keep the perfection going till I make it eight out of eight!

Hyosuke Kokan: Cobra-san you took me lightly and it almost cost you, count yourself lucky you sneaked by with the win here. I will hold my hands up and say that you are one of the best and that I need to raise my game to reach your level, but I think your arrogance will cost you and I have every confidence that someone will expose that.

Match #4: John Pathlow vs Masutaro Kataoka

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_HellMonkey_alt2.jpg vs http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_MasutaroKataoka.jpg

Pathlow dominated in the early going with his stiff striking but the veteran Kataoka proved resillient and Pathlow keen to put him away in ultra quick time began to get frustrated and some mistakes began to creep in for 'Rapid Fire' of which Kataoka was able to exploit. That lead to Kataoka being able to get Pathlow placed in the Sunrise Hold (High Angle Single Leg Crab).

However Pathlow managed to fight out of it and that was a close as Kataoka would come to pulling out the upset as the INSPIRE man re-assumed control of the match, a German Suplex Hold brought a very close two count before Pathlow sealed the win by making Kataoka tap out to the Kimura Lock.

Result: John Pathlow [w] bt Masutaro Kataoka [L] in 8:04

Onodera's Assessment: Nothing more than an extended 'competive' squash for Pathlow but a pretty effective one at that as Kataoka did a good job of putting over the fact that Pathlow's striking game is so deadly that it can take down anyone, not just Pathlow's fellow Junior Heavyweights.

Match #5: The Rebellion (Shimedzu & Miyamae) vs

Wild Fire (Tadakuni Toshusai & Takayuki Onodera)

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/Shimedzu-1.jpg?t=1268429674 & http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/Miyamae-1.jpg?t=1268429694

vs

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_TadakuniToshusai_USPW1.jpg & http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_TakayukiAvatar.jpg

Wild Fire have been feuding intensely with Black Magic for the Tag Team Titles but must prove themselves worthy of another shot after coming up short numerous times and what better way by defeating the team BHOTWG see as the measuring stick for Tag Team excellence The Rebellion, and whilst Shimedzu and Miyamae's focus has been on singles success thus far this tour, their team shows no sign of breaking apart and they are not about to pass up on an opportunity to compete for the Tag Titles again.

Toshusai and Miyamae started things off and with Toshusai's recent loss to Miyamae in contenders circle action fresh in his mind he was certaintly fired up for that, dominating the 'Viper' with some intense brawling, however Miyamae was able to stop Toshusai in his tracks with an Enziguri and get the tag into Shimedzu, before Toshusai did the same to get Onodera into the match.

Shimedzu and Onodera then engaged in a neat exchange of mat wrestling holds, with the 'Iron Man' coming out on top when he managed to place the LRC (Arm Trap Crossface) on the recent World Title challenger, but Shimedzu wasn't worn down enough and he easily made it to the ropes to force a rope-break before rolling out of the ring to talk strategy with Miyamae.

An impatient Toshusai then decided to the floor himself and begin a brawl with the former two time champions, but The Rebellion nailed 'Wild Charisma' with a double superkick. With Toshusai now in a heap on the outside, Onodera was now left isolated inside the ring and The Rebellion began to work over the 'Iron Man' in their corner.

The Rebellion then showed off their repetoire of double team offense, including a spin kick assisted Dragon Suplex and the Rope Hung Front Suplex/Double Stomp combo both of which bring close two counts.

However despite Onodera's resillience to the punishment he has taken it only seemed a matter of time before The Rebellion would put him away and they began to set up for the Spiked Skull Drop but Miyamae was cut off by a recovered Toshusai, that gave Onodera enough time to prevent the Skull Drop from Shimedzu and counter with a vertical suplex, but was too worn down to follow up with any sort of cover.

Meanwhile Miyamae had shoved Toshusai off the turnbuckle and then came crashing down upon Toshusai with the REBEL STOMP (Diving Double Stomp). However he was unable to go for the cover as referee Omura Umeki rightly pointed out that neither were the legal men and Toshusai was ordered back to his corner.

Shimedzu and Onodera then got rose back to their feet and Shimedzu seized the momentum with a string of kicks before coming off the ropes to nail Onodera with the Life Flasher, however Onodera was able to sidestep out of the way and then nail 'Kamikaze Spirit' with the END OF YOU (Rolling Elbow to the Back of the Head)......

One......

Two....

Thr.......

Shimedzu kicked out but Onodera remained in control and he lifted Shimedzu up into an inverted facelock, to set up for the CALL THE DOCTOR but before the 'Iron Man' could drill Shimedzu, a desperate Miyamae entered the ring and nailed Onodera with a roundhouse kick. Toshusai then entered the ring , clotheslining Miyamae out of the ring.

However Shimedzu was able to then plant Onodera with a REVOLUTION DROP (Twisting Inverted Brainbuster) as the match quickly began to spiral out of control.....

Still the legal men Umeki made the count.....

One....

Two...

Thr.....

Toshusai made the save, and then nailed Shimedzu with a SHOCK KICK (Bicycle Kick) that sent 'Kamikaze Spirit' out of the ring. However at that point the World Tag Team Champions Black Magic then stormed the ring and began to attack both teams.....Toshusai began to fight back, and referee Umeki was keen not to throw the match out despite the champions inteference, however in the end he was forced to do just that as the match descended into a three way ringside brawl between all three teams.

Result: Shimedzu & Miyamae drew with Tadakuni Toshusai & Takayuki Onodera in 15:44 (No Contest).

Onodera's Assessement: That was really good up and until the muddled ending, and I'm sure given more time myself and Toshusai could produce something really special with The Rebellion. However Black Magic's inteference was there to set something up for the Inferno of Purity PPV, which will be revealed after this show.

Post Match Comments:

Tadakuni Toshusai: BLAAAACK MAGIIIICCCC PAAAYYYBAAAAKKK is coming, PAAAAYBAAAKK is coming for YOUUUUU !!

Takayuki Onodera: Black Magic it's obvious you are afraid of us, why the hell did you feel the need to interfere, when we had The Rebellion.....

at that point The Rebellion walk in and interrupt Onodera.

Shimedzu: Have is beat ? Oh is that right.

Takayuki Onodera: I think WE had the match just about won before Black Magic came down.....

Shimedzu: You really think we would have needed the 'help' of Black Magic to survive you. Remember we ARE the best tag team here in Burning Hammer and though I have my sights set on bigger goals (Miyamae gives Shimedzu a bit of a dirty look)... actually we, it's kind of fun reminding everyone just how good we are and that we are in a whole other league to pretenders like you and the cancer that is Black Magic.

Takayuki Onodera: The only thing I can agree with you on, is that Black Magic is a cancer.

The two teams then square off with an intense staredown before some officials come between them before it descends into a backstage brawl.

Match #6: BOSJ Cup Block A:

Sensational Dragon vs Super Joshuya

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_SensationalDragon_jhd21.jpg vs http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_SuperJoshuya-1.jpg

Question coming into this match is with Joshuya already out of contention to qualify for the semi finals how hard will he try, if at all against his Dragon Feet 2K9 stable mate who's own qualification hopes currently hang in the balance.

Sensational Dragon sets the pace in the early going, putting Joshuya instantly on the back foot with a combination of kicks. Joshuya does fire back but a drop-kick stops the veteran in his tracks and Dragon plants Joshuya with a DRAGON SUPLEX.....

One.....

Two....

Thr.....

Joshuya kicks out, somewhat to the Junior Champion's surprise who must have been hoping for a quick victory given his reaction. Joshuya quickly takes advantage of the Sensational One's state of disbelief and takes Dragon by surprise with a quick roll up......

One.....

Two.....

Dragon kicks out and gets in Joshuya's face, but it is clear the veteran has taken Dragon of his game and the 'Nippon Luchadore' continues to control the match with a series of arm-drags before Dragon goes out for a powder.

Joshuya shows some respect for his stable mate by allowing Dragon to regroup but at the same time taunts the Junior Champion to get back into the ring. When Dragon does get back in a fired up Joshuya continues to dominate and almost pins the Sensational One's shoulders to the mat with a La Magistral Cradle, before a Dragon bails to the floor again.

This time Joshuya doesn't wait for Dragon to get back into the ring, and showing off the agility of a man half his age he wipes out the defending cup holder with a corkscrew plancha. After pitching Dragon back into the ring, Joshuya then heads up top. Dragon manages to stagger back up to his feet but gets taken down with a Moonsault Press from Joshuya for a two count.

Joshuya then tries for the J-DROP (Flip Over DDT) but Dragon manages to block and plants Joshuya with a front suplex. Dragon then nails Joshuya with a super-kick and goes for the DRAGON SLICE but Joshuya manages to block and then crotches Dragon onto the turbuckle. Joshuya then heads up top himself and appears to be setting up for the FINAL FALCONRY (Avalanche Falcon Arrow) but Dragon manages to block and counters into a superplex to send the 'Nippon Luchadore' crashing to the canvas.

Dragon then snapped off a kip up rana for a two count, before continuing to build momentum with a flurry of kicks and then going out onto the apron where he waited for Joshuya to get back to his feet.....SENSATION SHOCK....blocked and then countered into a FALCON ARROW from the 2005 cup winner.

One......

Two.....

Thr.......

Joshuya then headed up top and soared off with the DUE SOUTH (Corkscew Moonsault) but the 'Nippon Luchadore' crashed and burned as Dragon moved out of the way at the last split second and as Joshuya staggered back up to his feet he felt the full force of a superkick before Dragon planted Joshuya with the DRAGON SLICE........

One.....

Two.....

Thr......

Joshuya showed great fighting spirit by kicking out, before an incensed Dragon almost took Joshuya's head off with a low superkick, just as the 2005 Cup winner was getting back to his feet......

One.......

Two....

Thr.......

Joshuya kicked out again but remained firmly rooted to the mat and Dragon headed up top and unleashed the DRAGONS FIRE (Corkscrew 630 senton).....

Joshuya simply didn't have anything left to roll out of the way in time, feeling the full force of the Junior Champion crashing down upon him.

One.....

Two....

Three

Super Joshuya remains winless but he gave Sensational Dragon a much tougher match than the Junior Champion was expecting.

Result: Sensational Dragon [w] bt Super Joshuya [L] in 15:43 via pinfall (Dragon's Fire)

Onodera's Assessment: I really liked this match, as they got the crowd into what looked to be a pretty throwaway match in the BOSJ by the end. We teased that Joshuya would near enough just lay down for Dragon in the early going and once we showed Joshuya wasn't going to do that it built up in intensity to the point that Dragon had to bust out the Dragon's Fire to put a determined Joshuya away.

Post Match Comments:

Sensational Dragon: You know what Joshuya-san did me a great favour by coming out strong against me tonight, he has done me a better favour as a stable mate than if he just laid down and made it easy for me, because as Sensational as I am, I must stay focused and not rest on my laurels...sure I could beat everyone in my sleep but you wouldn't see me at my Sensational best.

Super Joshuya: You know what as my fellow member of Dragon-Feet 2K9 I do hope that Dragon-san can push on from his well earned victory tonight and retain the cup. But I made him earn that victory tonight, if people thought I was going to just lay down for Dragon-san and give him an easy three points, then they do not know the competitor I am. Sure I might not be at the top of my game at the moment but I'm too proud to go down without a fight and with the way I took who I believe to be THE best of the super Juniors to the limit tonight, I know I can end this tournament with a victory under my belt.

Match #7: BOSJ Cup Block B:

American Optimus vs Haru Kurofuji

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_BlackEagle_alt5.jpg vs http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_HaruKurofuji.jpg

This one is just for pride, though there is pressure for both men. Kurofuji has yet to score a victory in the tournament but American Optimus who is struggling to live up to the 'legacy' of the Optimus mask perhaps has more pressure upon his shoulders to salvage a disappointing tournament, ands whilst Kurofuji won't want to be seen that way he was seen as one of the outsiders in this years BOSJ.

They began with some cagey hold for hold mat wrestling but neither man was able to get anything locked in for long resulting in a series of stale mates. With both realising they needed to pick up the pace they then engaged in a striking battle. Kurofuji looked to be coming out on top but got stopped in his tracks with a Palm Strike from American Optimus, who then set up for Brainbuster but Kurofuji put the brakes on and then tried for one his own, Optimus blocked that and they jockeyed for momentum until Optimus was finally able to drill Kurofuji into the canvas for a two count.

American Optimus then tried to lock on the Optimizer but Kurofuji managed to fight off the attempt by turning over onto his back and then kicking Optimus off. Kurofuji then took down Optimus with a basement drop kick before the Universal Excellence man looked to turn 'gaijin legacy' over for the Kurofuji Crab, but Optimus was able to escape to the safety of ringside.

Kurofuji then soared through the ropes with a suicide dive but crashed and burned into the barricade as Optimus moved out of the way. The Dragon Feet 2K9 man then delivered a Brainbuster on the floor and rolled into the ring, waiting for referee Omura Umeki to count Kurofuji out.

When Kurofuju got back up onto the apron, Optimus tried to bring him back in the hard way but Kurofuji blocked the suplex attempt, and then launched himself back in with a sunset flip after a shoulder block into Optimus' mid section.

Optimus kicked out of the sunset flip but was taken down with a chop block from Kurofuji who then tried to turn Optimus over once again for the Kurofuji Crab....Optimus was again able to prevent Kurofuji from locking in his signature submission, but the Universal Excellence man continued to be in control after nailing American Optimus with an Enziguri before planting 'Gaijin Legacy' into the canvas with a Brainbuster for a two count.

Kurofuji then headed up top, but Optimus got back to his feet and soon joined Kurofuji on the top turnbuckle, the pair then duked it out and Optimus looked as though he was about to send Kurofuji crashing back into the ring with a superplex but the Universal Excellence man was able to block that and then send Optimus down to the mat once again with a flurry of fore-arm smashes.

Kurofuji then took down Optimus with a flying cross body, only for the Dragon Feet 2K9 man to roll through and then lock on the OPTIMIZER (Dragon Sleeper Surfboard).....

Just as it looked like Kurofuji would tap out, he managed to fight through the pain and with dogged determination made it to the ropes. Optimus then paced around in frustration and when he went to strike Kurofuji with a palm strike, the Universal Excellence man was able to block the attempt and then unleashed a flurry of fore-arms before connecting with a drop-kick that sent 'gaijin legacy' into the corner.....

Kurofuji then went for the TOHOKU THUNDER SUPLEX (Rolling Release Suplex) but just a he was about to toss American Optimus overhead, the Dragon Feet 2K9 man rolled through into a Jacknife Cradle.......

One......

Two.......

Thr.....

Kurofuji kicked out and then began to seize back the momentum again with another flurry of fore-arms, the Universal Excellence man then connected with a drop-kick but the momentum sent Optimus crashing into Umeki. Despite this Kurofuji still drilled American Optimus into the canvas with a Brainbuster before heading up top....

But Optimus was back up to his feet and with Umeki still recovering from the 'accidental' collision, 'gaijin legacy' was able to sneak in a low blow. Optimus then planted Kurofuji into the canvas with the O-BOMB (Running Power Bomb).......

Umeki was now back to his senses and was there to make the count.....

One....

Two....

Three !

Many will not agree with the methods Optimus took to gain his victory but win he did and even if he won't make it to the semi finals he now at least has the opportunity to finish with an even record.

Result: American Optimus [w] bt Haru Kurofuji [L] in 12:43 via pinfall (O-Bomb)

Onodera's Assessment: Solid match, not much in the way of sizzle with American Optimus definitely reigning back on some of the flashier parts of his offense, but the 'steak' was there and we will be heading somewhere with the way American Optimus sneaked out the victory, it will be more than just him turning to heel methods in an act of desperation.

Post Match Comments:

American Optimus (in English): People keep telling me I'm not living up to the Optimus legacy, hell I keep telling myself that....but tonight I won and isn't that what this legacy is all about right ?

Haru Kurofuji: American Optimus, you know I had you beat...you got lucky, you got lucky that you just so conveniently managed to collide with Umeki-san. Next time you won't be so lucky when I get in the ring with you, what you did was dishonorable and a disgrace to the legacy that has been bestowed upon you.

Match #8: Hiroaki Nakasawa & Kinnojo Horri vs

Yasunobu Masuno & Yasuhiko Taira

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/HiroakiNakasawa-1.jpg?t=1268429324 & http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_KinnojoHorri_jhdTiger11.jpg

vs

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/YasunobuMasuno-1.jpg?t=1268429402 & http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/YasuhikoTaira-1.jpg?t=1268429453

Back to non cup action, as the semi main event was the latest chapter of the Sekigun- Black Heart Brethren war with this non title tag match between Black Magic against Nakasawa and Horri.

The match between these four men as is so often the case starts off as a wild brawl that soon spills out to the floor and into the crowd. Referee Koetsu Shinozaki is somewhat liberal with the twenty count, allowing them to get the match back into the ring rather than throwing the match out early and though the Burning Sekigun press in the early going, Black Magic take advantage of the chaos, as Masuno waffles Horri with a steel chair and Taira crotches Nakasawa with another chair.

When things settle down Horri is nursing a headache out on the floor and Nakasawa finds himself isolated in the corner of the Tag Team Champions. Black Magic then worked over Nakasawa, but the H-Bomb was able to counter a double team vertical suplex into a double DDT. However when Nakasawa looked to make the tag Horri wasn't quite there to make the tag and Black Magic recovered to drag Nakasawa back into their corner.

At that point Horri was now there to make the tag but Black Magic managed to cut off the ring and dig down into their bag of tricks to work in plenty of cheap shots and leave Horri frustratingly on the outside looking in, as Nakasawa continued to take a beating.

Nakasawa did show great fighting spirit though by elbowing his way out of a Masuno Deep Sleeper and then levelling Masuno with a Lariat. The World Champion then knocked Taira off the apron with a charging fore-arm before dropping Masuno with another Lariat before collapsing to the mat, as he looked to get the tag into Horri. But Masuno managed to distract referee Shinozaki as Taira sneaked round to pull Horri down off the apron and send 'Mr One Million Per Cent Burning Hammer' into the barricade to prevent Nakasawa from making the tag yet again to the rising frustration of both the World Champion and the crowd.

Black Magic again worked over Nakasawa in their corner, and it only looked a matter of time before the Tag Champions, would put the H-Bomb away despite his brave efforts at survival. However Taira missed The FLATTENER (Running Lariat into the corner) and with once last ounce of energy left Nakasawa dived across to finally get the tag into a fired up Kinnojo Horri.

Horri pummelled Taira with a flurry of fore-arm smashes before planting 'The Bulldozer' into the mat with a FIERCE SPINEBUSTER (High Angle Spinebuster)......

One.....

Two....

Thr.....

Yasunobu Masuno broke it up then nailed Horri with a running boot before reviving Taira to set up for a double team but Horri exploded back to his feet and levelled both of Black Magic with a double clothesline. Horri then looked to set up for the BURNING LARIAT on Taira but was clubbed from behind by Masuno....before the World Tag Team Champions planted Horri into the mat with the DEVASTATOR (Flapjack/Cutter combo).....

One....

Two....

Thr.....

Nakasawa desperately dived back in to make the save before being immediately booted out of the ring by Taira. Taira then threatened to bring in a chair, which drew the attention of referee Koetsu Shinozaki but that was just a distraction so that Masuno could slip on the loaded elbow pad.

Masuno then went to nail Horri with the MAGIC K.O but Horri managed to sidestep out of the way and Masuno accidently nailed Taira instead. Horri then levelled Masuno with a BURNING LARIAT !!

One....

Two.......

Three

Shinozaki however remembered that Masuno was not the legal man and discounted the pin attempt from Horri.

Horri then tagged in Nakasawa who did then lift up an already dazed Taira to then plant 'the Bulldozer' back down onto the canvas with the NAKASAWA NECKBREAKER......

One......

Two....

Thr.....

Masuno dived across to make the save, but was immediately charged down by Horri. Taira then staggered back up to his feet but was levelled with the SUDDEN IMPACT LARIAT !!

One.....

Two.....

Three

Once again Hiroaki Nakasawa and Kinnojo Horri proved to be too much to handle for Black Magic.

Result: Hiroaki Nakasawa [w] & Kinnojo Horri vs Yasunobu Masuno & Yasuhiko Taira [L] in 20:44 (Sudden Impact Lariat)

Onodera's Assessment: Not the best match between these four, this was a rather phoned in version of the formula match they have done against each other the years. Monday's Six Man was alot stronger as myself and Cobra were able to break up the endless brawling with good technical exchanges. The popularity of the workers in this contest, especially that of Nakasawa-san kept the crowd somewhat interested but this just came off as a little flat tonight.

Post Match Comments:

Hiroaki Nakasawa: Face it Black Magic, the Burning Sekigun are stronger and I can assure as long as I and the rest of the Sekigun stay strong the Black Heart Brethren will never be allowed to run roughshod over Burning Hammer.

Kinnojo Horri: What Nakasawa-san says, I agree with one thousand percent!

Yasunobu Masuno: Nakasawa-san and Horri-san managed to fluke a victory over Taira-san an I, but so what ? Our World Tag Team Titles weren't on the line, and that's because Burning Hammers golden boys are too scared to challenge for them, too scared to know that when it really matters they wouldn't be able to get the job done against the world's most powerful tag team.

Match #9: BOSJ Cup Block B:

Elemental III vs Marihito Masuko

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_ElementalIII.jpg vs http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_MarihitoMasuko-1.jpg

The main event once again is from the BOSJ Cup, offering up a 'must win' match in Block B between former Junior Tag Team Champions Your New Heroes, the Burning Sekigun pair have both previously won the Best of the Super Juniors and a win here over their close ally would strengthen their own position towards advancing to the semi finals.

Given the pressure of the situation and the fact that they know each other well through being tag partners the opening portion of the match is very cagey, as they exchange mat wrestling holds and try for some flash pin's but the opponent is either too aware to be taken by surprise or just not worn down enough for any attempt at a quick victory being effective.

Elemental III then tried to pick up the intensity by switching to a striking game as he looked to pepper Masuko with kicks, but the 'Painted Wonder' was able to avoid a spin kick and almost took Elemental III by surprise with a schoolboy roll up.

That seemed to take Elemental III out of his stride and it was Masuko who picked up the pace with a series of arm-drags before connecting with a Leg Lariat for a two count. Masuko then tried to build up momentum for a Tornado DDT but was instead crotched on the top turnbuckle by the 'Third Generation Icon' who then climbed up top himself. Elemental III then peppered Masuko with a series of strikes before setting up for a superplex but the 2006 Cup Winner shoved his Your New Heroes Tag Partner off and then launched himself at Elemental III with a Flying Cross Body......

Elemental III rolled through, but Masuko rolled through again into a crucifix pinning hold.......

One.....

Two....

Thr.......

Elemental III kicked out but as he rose to his feet was soon planted back down to the mat with a Reverse STO from Masuko, who then went out onto the apron. However as the 'Painted Wonder' set up for the Into The White (Springboard Bulldog)....Elemental III sprang back to life and knocked Masuko off the apron with a Roundhouse kick.

The 'Third Generation Icon' then looked set to soar over the top rope with his trademark Elemental Space Flying Drop but saw Masuko move out of the way and put the brakes on, however when Masuko got up on the apron Elemental III immediately tagged the 'Painted Wonder' with a leaping kick to knock Masuko back to the floor and this time he did take flight to come crashing down upon Masuko with the spectacular somersault plancha.

Elemental III then pitched Masuko back into the ring, after a quick pin attempt, Elemental III allowed for Masuko to get back to his feet before connecting with a combination of rapid fire kicks that dropped the 2006 Cup Winner back down to the mat and then following up with a Standing Moonsault.

That brought a two count, and Elemental III lifted Masuko back up to a vertical base before setting up for the ELEMENTAL SUPLEX but Masuko managed to block the attempt by innovatively springboarding off the ring ropes and countering into a bridging pin.....

One....

Two.....

Thr......

Elemental III managed to kick out just in time, but somewhat shaken by having the Elemental Suplex countered, he staggered into a leg lariat from Masuko. The Painted Wonder then followed up with a spinning headscissors before snaring his YNH Tag Partner in the PINK DREAM (Straight Jacket Triangle Choke)

Just as it looked like the 'Third Generation Icon' would fade away or be forced to tap out he managed to dig down and find enough energy to shuffle himself and Masuko across to the ropes and force a rope break.

Masuko however remained in control and set a groggy Elemental III up for the MASUKO CRADLE SHOCK but the 'Third Generation Icon' came to life and stood his ground before a series of elbows forced Masuko out of position before the 'Painted Wonder' was planted back down to the canvas with a Reverse STO that the 2008 Cup Winner immediately transitioned into the ELEMENTAL CLUTCH.

But just like Elemental III earlier, Masuko dug down deep to survive his tag partner's signature submission hold, to force a rope break. Elemental III continued to seize back control however, unleashing another flurry of kicks, before setting up for the ELEMENTAL SUPLEX !!

But as Elemental III took Masuko over, the 'Painted Wonder' managed to flip himself onto his feet instead and then drop Elemental III with an inverted DDT. Masuko then lifted Elemental III back up to then plant the 'Third Generation Icon' onto the mat wit the MASUKO CRADLE (Bridging Leg Hook Belly to Back Suplex)......

One.......

Two......

Thr........

Elemental III just about managed to kick out in time....Masuko then went out onto the ring apron and looked for the INTO THE WHITE (Springboard Bulldog) but even though he took flight this time, Elemental III was again able to block the move and after a back heel kick into Masuko's mid-section, double under hooked the 2006 Cup Winners arms to drive Masuko into the canvas with the EARTH BREAKER (Double Underhook Powerbomb)

One......

Two....

Thr........

Elemental III then headed up top, but Masuko showed fighting spirit by getting back to his feet and then after stopping the 'Third Generation Icon' with a series of chops, Masuko was able to send the 2008 Cup Winner crashing back into the ring with a springboard sleeper slam.

Masuko was too worn down however to go for an immediate pin and had to be content with getting his breath back, however that allowed Elemental III to also recover and the Third Generation Icon went to connect with a Roundhouse Kick only for Masuko to avoid the attempt and take Elemental III off his feet with a leg-whip.

Masuko then looked for the MASUKO CRADLE SHOCK again, but just as last time Elemental III had the move well scouted standing his ground before slipping off and connecting with a Gamengiri to leave Masuko stunned enough for the 'Third Generation Icon' to plant Masuko into the mat with the ELEMENTAL SUPLEX......

One......

Two.......

Thr.........

Masuko managed to kick out, but Elemental III remained focused and kept the pressure on as he peppered the 'Painted Wonder' with the Tri-Fecta Kick Series....Masuko crumpled to the mat and Elemental III headed up top.....

INFERNO SPLASH (Corkscrew 450 Splash)........

One.......

Two.....

Three !!!

Elemental III had just earned a vital victory to strengthen his own chances of making it through to the semi finals, but one which comes at the expense of weakening the chances of his Burning Sekigun stable mate.

Result: Elemental III [w] bt Marihito Masuko [L] in 24:26 via pinfall (Inferno Splash)

Onodera's Assessment: Maybe it was having to follow an unexpectedly disappointing semi main event before but this one took a bit of time to get the crowd fully into it, once they did really pick up the pace however....this wasn't that far away from being an excellent main event, as it happens the flat atmosphere at the start of the match meant that they were unable to feed off the crowd's energy to take this to the next level.

Post Match Comments:

Elemental III: Masuko-san is a great competitor, and a true ally of mine in the Burning Sekigun, we have found glory together as Your New Heroes but I have a destiny to live up, because though I wear this iconic mask, I am yet an icon. Friend or Foe, no one will stand in my way in my bid to claim the Best of the Super Juniors trophy for a second time, and prove once and for all that 2008 was not a flash in pan.

Marihito Masuko: The Great and honorable warrior of the Elemental legacy slain me to defeat but I must rise, and rise stronger I must....for new tests await and tests I must not fear.

Overall: B

Onodera's Viewpoint: With a disappointing semi main event, this was far from our best show....it was still a solid effort but solid isn't enough and we know, we can deliver better, much better than what was put out there tonight

BHOTWGPuroresu.com

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_BHOTWG_BSJ.jpg

Best of the Super Juniors XI:

The Warriors Beyond

Standings After Night Five:

<TABLE dir=ltr cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=12 width=565 border=1><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=bottom width="33%" height=0>

BLOCK A

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="17%" height=0>

W

L

T

Pts

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=bottom width="33%" height=0>

The Awesome Kiyaru

John Pathlow

Golden Scorpion

Sensational Dragon

VENOM

Barei Yasujiro

Super Joshuya

<TABLE dir=ltr cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=12 width=565 border=1><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=bottom width="33%" height=0>

BLOCK B

W

L

T

Pts

Black Cobra

Elemental III

Marihito Masuko

Kansuke Konda

American Optimus

Haru Kurofuji

Hyosuke Kokan

BHOTWGPuroresu.com

Tag Title Match confirmed for Inferno of Purity

Following their interference in the Tag Team Contenders match between The Rebellion and Wild Fire. Black Magic have been forced to defend their World Tag Team Titles against both teams in a three way match under No DQ rules at the Inferno of Purity supershow set to take place on Friday 25th June at the Ishikawa Stadium in Chubu that will also see the conclusion of the Best of the Super Juniors Cup.

It is also confirmed that Tadiyuki Kikkawa will put his King of Fighters belt on the line in another open challenge and that World Champion Hiroaki Nakasawa will be in action, though it is unconfirmed at this moment in time whether or not he will defend the belt at Inferno of Purity, having made his mandatory title defence against Shimedzu earlier this month.

A three-way No DQ tag team match sounds like all kinds of fun, to be honest. Also looking forward to the conclusion of the BOSJ tournament - curious if its going to be an all-Gaijin final or not.

I would defnitely mark out if Nakasaw was a surprise challenger for Kikkawa's King of Fighters title. The start of a unification process which could be drawn out over a number of months... I know you have to have something planned in that regard and can't wait to see what it is.

A three-way No DQ tag team match sounds like all kinds of fun, to be honest. Also looking forward to the conclusion of the BOSJ tournament - curious if its going to be an all-Gaijin final or not.

I would defnitely mark out if Nakasawa was a surprise challenger for Kikkawa's King of Fighters title. The start of a unification process which could be drawn out over a number of months... I know you have to have something planned in that regard and can't wait to see what it is.

Well I may or may not be heading in the directions you have said, you're just going to have to wait and see :)

But more importingly thanks for the continued support, always much appreciated :)

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/Alts/TakayukiAvatar_jhd.jpg

The Onodera Diaries:

It's been a quiet week to be honest, other than the continuation of the Best of the Super Juniors. Last few shows have been solid but have not been up to the standard to earlier, if I'm being honest....though the legendary Optimus assured me that the middle rounds usually do suffer something of a dip. It's the opening and closing rounds plus of course the finals at Inferno of Purity that see's the Junior Division rise to the occasion the most.

Well I may or may not be heading in the directions you have said, you're just going to have to wait and see :)

But more importingly thanks for the continued support, always much appreciated :)

I'm impatient... but I'm sure it'll be worth it.

With regard to the "continued support", its my pleasure. Seriously. There is a growing amount of writing done on this board that I enjoy reading (and much quality stuff that I have yet to find the time to read). Its not just the quality you produce the impresses me so much, but the consistency of that quality. You've long had the best match write-ups I've seen (not just on the board) and that has never faltered. In truth, if not for how well you've done with your return to BHOTWG, I may not have attempted my own current project.

So "you're welcome" for the continued support. But thank you for producing a diary that is most definitely worth supporting.

BHOTWGPuroresu.com

Burning Hammer take the Burn, Don't Freeze Tour to the Kunamoto Sports Field in Kyushu on Monday 21st June as the Best of the Super Juniors Cup nears it's conclusion with the penultimate round of Block stage action.

Block A see's a pivotal match between Team INSPIRE's John Pathlow and one half of the Junior Tag Team Champions Golden Scorpion. Pathlow currently sits two points ahead of Scorpion in the standings and a win for the INSPIRE man will near enough guarantee him in a spot in the semi finals but Scorpion will be determined to keep his own semi final hopes alive and a win would put him on equal footing with Pathlow heading into the final round of matches.

Whatever happens between Pathlow and Scorpion, VENOM will be be unable to make the semi finals even if he does pull off what would be considered an upset win over defending cup holder Sensational Dragon. The pressure in that case is all on Dragon, in what is a must win match for the Junior Champion and VENOM has somewhat played spoiler before, blotting Pathlow's then perfect record by taking the INSPIRE man to a draw and the same outcome for Dragon would near enough end his bid to retain the cup.

The remaining Block A match between Barei Yasujiro and Super Joshuya is purely for pride, the Universal Excellence man wants to end his first cup with more than one win under his belt (and with Yasujiro not taking part in the final round of matches this will be his last chance to do so), whilst 2004 cup winner Joshuya would just like to end the competion with a win and with only two matches left is running out of chances to do so.

Block B see's Black Cobra try to maintain his 100 % record against American Optimus. Cobra will be considered the favourite against his fellow masked gaijin but Optimus despite being 'out' of the competition has begun to show a win at all costs attitude, if the manner of his victory against Haru Kurofuji in Chugoku should be taken into consideration.

Marihito Masuko lost his own 100 % record against his Tag Team partner Elemental III and he will be looking to get back on track and keep his semi final hopes alive heading into the final round with a victory over Haru Kurofuji as the Universal Excellence man looks to point his first points on the board.

Size of the Fight's Kansuke Konda's semi final hopes hang by a thread, and to keep them alive he must defeat his Size of the Fight Tag Team partner Hyosuke Kokan and hope that Masuko falls to defeat at the hands of Kurofuji. Given Size of the Fight's philosophy it is doubtful that Kokan will be prepared to give his long time Tag Partner a free pass into the next round, as he looks to finish the tournament with some degree of pride by picking up a victory himself.

In non cup action Burning Sekigun look to continue their recent dominance over the Black Heart Brethren as the BOSJ Cup particpants on their bye round Elemental III and The Awesome Kiyaru team up with Nakaswa & Horri and Masuno & Taira respectively. The Tag Team champions Black Magic have fell to defeat recently to the Burning Sekigun powerhouses of World Champion Nakasawa and Horri in Tag and Six man action recently and will be looking to reseize some momentum with victory here.

Team INSPIRE's Masaaki Okazaki will look to regain a spot in the Burning World Championship Contenders Circle when he takes on 'Wild Charisma' Tadakuni Toshusai and Tadiyuki Kikkawa will put his King of Fighters belt on the line in another open challenge, given the hellacious beating that Eiji Hamacho suffered that put the 'Raging Bull' on the shelf indefinitely who will be brave enough to face the seemingly unstoppable Team INSPIRE leader?

In pre-show action The Rebellion will look to tune up for their tilt at the World Tag Team championship when they take on the duo of Masutaro Kataoka and Roku Sotomura and the INSPIRE pairing of Tasuku Iesada and 'trial' member Chuichi Sanda take on Tiger Fuyuki and White Samurai.

Here is a full run down of the card for Show #35 of the Burn Don't Freeze Tour

Burn Don't Freeze Tour- Show #35

-Best of the Super Juniors XI:

The Warriors Beyond

Night Six

(Kunamoto Sports Field , Kyushu, Monday 21st June 2010)

Best of the Super Juniors XI: The Warriors Beyond

(All Matches 30 Minute Time Limit, Win = 2Pts, Draw= 1Pt):

Block A:

Golden Scorpion

vs

John Pathlow

Junior Champion/Reigning BOSJ Cup Holder-

Sensational Dragon

vs

'Representing RAGE'

VENOM

Barei Yasujiro

vs

Super Joshuya

Block B:

American Optimus

vs

Black Cobra

Haru Kurofuji

vs

Marihito Masuko

Hysosuke Kokan

vs

Kansuke Konda

~Bravery Risk Foolishness~

Open Challenge for the King of Fighters Championship (30 Min Time Limit):

Tadiyuki Kikkawa

vs

A Mystery Challenger

Contenders Circle Spot Challenge (30 Min Time Limit):

Tadakuni Toshusai

vs

Masaaki Okazaki

High Octane Battleground Six Man Challenge (30 Min Time Limit):

World Champion- Hiroaki Nakasawa,

Kinnojo Horri & Elemental III

vs

Junior Tag Team Champion- The Awesome Kiyaru &

World Tag Team Champions- Black Magic (Yasunobu Masuno & Yasuhiko Taira)

Pre-Show Matches (10 Min Time Limit):

The Rebellion (Shimedzu & Miyamae) vs Masutaro Kataoka & Roku Sotomura

Tasuku Iesada & Chuichi Sanda vs Tiger Fuyuki & White Samurai

BOSJ Cup Block A: Golden Scorpion vs John Pathlow

BOSJ Cup Block A: Sensational Dragon vs VENOM

BOSJ Cup Block A: Barei Yasujiro vs Super Joshuya

BOSJ Cup Block B: American Optimus vs Black Cobra

BOSJ Cup Block B: Haru Kurofuji vs Marihito Masuko

BOSJ Cup Block B: Hyosuke Kokan vs Kansuke Konda

King of Fighters Championship: Tadiyuki Kikkawa vs ????

CC Spot Challenge: Tadakuni Toshusai vs Masaaki Okazaki

Nakasawa, Horri & Elemental III vs Masuno, Taira & Kiyaru

The Rebellion vs Kataoka & Sotomura

Iesada & Sanda vs Fuyuki & White Samurai

BOSJ Cup Block A: Golden Scorpion vs John Pathlow

BOSJ Cup Block A: Sensational Dragon vs VENOM

BOSJ Cup Block A: Barei Yasujiro vs Super Joshuya

BOSJ Cup Block B: American Optimus vs Black Cobra

BOSJ Cup Block B: Haru Kurofuji vs Marihito Masuko

BOSJ Cup Block B: Hyosuke Kokan vs Kansuke Konda

King of Fighters Championship: Tadiyuki Kikkawa vs ????

CC Spot Challenge: Tadakuni Toshusai vs Masaaki Okazaki

Nakasawa, Horri & Elemental III vs Masuno, Taira & Kiyaru

The Rebellion vs Kataoka & Sotomura

Iesada & Sanda vs Fuyuki & White Samurai

Archived