BHOTWG- Stepping into the Inferno

BOSJ Cup Block A: Golden Scorpion vs John Pathlow

BOSJ Cup Block A: Sensational Dragon vs VENOM

BOSJ Cup Block A: Barei Yasujiro vs Super Joshuya

BOSJ Cup Block B: American Optimus vs Black Cobra

BOSJ Cup Block B: Haru Kurofuji vs Marihito Masuko

BOSJ Cup Block B: Hyosuke Kokan vs Kansuke Konda

King of Fighters Championship: Tadiyuki Kikkawa vs ????

CC Spot Challenge: Tadakuni Toshusai vs Masaaki Okazaki

Nakasawa, Horri & Elemental III vs Masuno, Taira & Kiyaru

The Rebellion vs Kataoka & Sotomura

Iesada & Sanda vs Fuyuki & White Samurai

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pathlow has had a strong run, but he's safely in so Scorpion wins to secure his spot.

Not VENOM's year

Joshuya has had a rough qualifier, but he retains some dignity here

This is just too much of an upset for AO to pull off.

PINK rules

Partners end in draw

Doubtful any big enough to actually dethrone Kikkawa is available unless PGHW did the unthinkable and lost one of their upper echelon. Hoshino may be back off hiatus, but given possible rust, I don't think you would throw him out in such a high profile match before making sure he is at peak condition

I don't see Toshusai hitting the main event yet

too much fire power on the face side

squashes

Scorpion is good but he isn´t going to get past Pathlow here

Dragon needs the win in order to stay in game

Joshuya gets a token win

Black Cobra stays strong

Masuko is simply better

I agree with Dragonmack this one will be draw

Not yet but Kikkawa is finding troubles soon.

Toshusai just got the spot and Okazaki has been the fall guy in uppercard so far.

Again, too much star power for Black Heart Brethren to overcome.

squash

Another squash

- This should kick-off or close the show. I'm going with the angry INSPIRing gaijin Pathlow to make Group A a three person race for the top.

- Time for Sensational Dragon to being exactly that. Sensational. And Dragony!

- Joshuya shows he's still got 'it' although I think 'it' might be a new Hello Kitty collectible.

- Shock upset, as Am.Opt finds his inspiration and shocks an overconfident Cobra.

- Leading to the epic Kokan/Kurofuji "perfect" record match up.

- I a Big Fight Fan.

- Kikkawa will face a real challenger at the PPV, until then, he's just re-re-re-re-confirming his fighting badassery.

Wild Charisma deserves a shot at Nakasawa or Kikkawa.

- Based on the fact that otherwise Black Magic become lame-noodle champions.

- Ramen Stall Emergency Soy Sauce Drill!

- INSPIRing win for Sanda. Solidify yourself in the dark boyyo.

Doubtful any big enough to actually dethrone Kikkawa is available unless PGHW did the unthinkable and lost one of their upper echelon. Hoshino may be back off hiatus, but given possible rust, I don't think you would throw him out in such a high profile match before making sure he is at peak condition

Hoshino has already been back off hiatus for a few months now, and I did offer him a contract but his demands were too high. Saying that I probably will try make another tilt at signing him again, if only to try and stop him getting in the hands of one of the competitors... PGHW probably will rise back to National soon as they have been putting on good shows.

Hoshino has already been back off hiatus for a few months now, and I did offer him a contract but his demands were too high. Saying that I probably will try make another tilt at signing him again, if only to try and stop him getting in the hands of one of the competitors... PGHW probably will rise back to National soon as they have been putting on good shows.

Ever since your 07 BHotWG's I've had an irrational dislike of Hoshino. He can remain unemployed or join the Hammer; but only if you're going to Watson him.

Ever since your 07 BHotWG's I've had an irrational dislike of Hoshino. He can remain unemployed or join the Hammer; but only if you're going to Watson him.

It really should be me who has rhe irrational dislike for Hoshino :D He was the mercenary freelancer who 'phoned it in' in my 07 Burning Hammer diary and produced disappointing B Grade matches instead of the A grades I was pulling out from the rest of the roster in that diary and A rated matches were hell of alot easier to pull off back then.

If I do manage to sign him though it would be a bit hard to job him out Watson style, because if I remember from the last round of negotiations, is that he was enough of a self centred prick to demand 'Creative Control'.

Aiming to get the next show up sometime before Xmas, probably either Wednesday or Thursday.

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/BHOTWG-1.jpg?t=1268427909

Burn, Don't Freeze Tour - Show 35

-Best of the Super Juniors XI:The Warriors Beyond

Night Six

(Monday June 21st 2010)

Kunamoto Sports Field, Kyushu

(Attendance 4'626 No Vacancy )

Commentators: Toru Minamoto, Mitsuhide Muro & Katsuhiko Shunsen

Pre-Show

Match A: The Rebellion (Shimedzu & Miyamae) vs Masutaro Kataoka & Roku Sotomura

This isn't a total squash as Kataoka & Sotomura do manage to get some offence in, but the result is never in doubt and The Rebellion look as slick as always and a release Dragon Suplex from Miyamae immediately followed with a Life Flasher (Rebound Running Boot) from Shimedzu on Sotomura is enough to bring the former two time Tag Team champions victory.

Result: Shimedzu [w] & Miyamae bt Masutaro Katoaka & Roku Sotomura [L] in 6:35 via pinfall (Life Flasher)

Rating: C+

Match B: Chuichi Sanda & Tasuku Iesada vs Tiger Fuyuki & White Samurai

Whilst Kataoka and Sotomura did put up something of a fight, this was total squash from the INSPIRE pairing, though their arrogant reluctance to actually put Fuyuki and Samurai away in quick order, almost resulted in Sanda being caught with a flash roll up from the Junior Division whipping boy. But it was only a matter of when, not if INSPIRE would gain the victory and after four and a half miinutes of domination Iesada forced Fuyuki to tap out to the Iesada Special (Cross Arm Breaker).

Result: Chuichi Sanda & Tasuku Iesada [w] vs Tiger Fuyuki [L] & White Samurai in 4:37 via submission (Iesada Special)

Rating: C

Main Show

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_TadiyukiKikkawa.jpg

The show begins and the King of Fighters Tadiyuki Kikkawa is standing in the ring with a microphone, and he looks as though he wants to get something off his chest pretty quickly....

Tadiyuki Kikkawa: Look I don't want to wait around for some jobber to challenge me tonight, lets get this out of the way and done with, because I doubt very much a worthy challenger will come to take this belt from me.....

A challenger does come out and it's one half of Wild Fire.....Takayuki Onodera.

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_TakayukiAvatar.jpg

Takayuki Onodera: You're telling me that Hamacho-san was not a worthy challenger last time, he took himself to the absolute limit......

Tadiyuki Kikkawa: Well doesn't that tell you Hamacho-san simply wasn't good enough.

Takayuki Onodera: No, it tells me he fought bravely and he forced the best out of you.

Tadiyuki Kikkawa: No one needs to 'bring' the best out of me, because I bring my best every night.

Takayuki Onodera: Kikkawa-san I'm sure I speak for everyone here, you are a great champion.

Tadiyuki Kikkawa: Flattery will get you nowhere Onodera-san.

Takayuki Onodera: I wasn't finished......

Tadiyuki Kikkawa: Well you should have been

Takayuki Onodera: But Kikkawa-san everyone wants to see you beaten, everyone would love to be the man that brings you down, because as great as you, you are an arrogant bastard.

Tadiyuki Kikkawa: And I suppose you're going to be the 'hero' that brings this 'arrogant bastard' as you put it crashing to his knees?

Takayuki Onodera: I may be, I may not be but just like Hamacho-san I will give it my best shot.

Tadiyuki Kikkawa: Well it's your funeral Onodera-san.

Rating: B

~Bravery Risk Foolishness~

Match #1: King of Fighters Championship:

Tadiyuki Kikkawa vs Takayuki Onodera

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_INSPIRE.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_TadiyukiKikkawa.jpg vs http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_TakayukiAvatar.jpg

Onodera avoid an early Kikkawa Lariat (Running Lariat) attempt from the champion and nails Kikkawa with a standing drop-kick. The King of Fighters stays on his feet but is then taken off balance with a baseball slide from Onodera, who then follows up with a sliding drop-kick. The 'Iron Man' then heads up top and goes for a flying elbow drop only for Kikkawa to move out of the way.

The King of Fighters then levels Onodera with a KIKKAWA LARIAT, Onodera gets back to his feet immediately and eats another KIKKAWA LARIAT, before the Team INSPIRE leader requests that referee Yasuyuki Terakado makes the ten count......

Onodera staggers back up at seven, but gets no respite as Kikkawa immediately delivers a series of clubbing blows. Kikkawa then sets up for the KIKKAWA DRIVER but Onodera slips off and then stuns the INSPIRE leader with a falling double knee backbreaker. Kikkawa rises back to his feet but is clipped by a chop block from Onodera who then looks to place the LRC (Arm Trap Crossface) on Kikkawa but the King of Fighters is able to scramble to the ropes before Onodera can really sink in the submission hold.

Kikkawa seizes back the advantage after the rope break, over-powering Onodera with a series of fore-arms before going for the KIKKAWA LARIAT again, but Onodera manages to duck the Lariat and then catches the King of Fighters in a SLEEPER HOLD !

Kikkawa however manages to back track towards a turnbuckle and rams Onodera into it, forcing the Wild Fire to release the hold. Kikkawa then unleashed a flurry of fore-arm smashes and chops in the corner to leave Onodera in a dazed state before pitching the 'Iron Man' on the top-rope. Kikkawa then brought Onodera crashing back into the ring with a SUPERPLEX !

And then levelled Onodera with a KIKKAWA LARIAT .......

Kikkawa again asked for referee Terakado to make the ten count.....

But Onodera was back up at five , Kikkawa moved back in and pummelled the 'Iron Man' with more fore-arms before setting up for the BURNING LARIAT but Onodera managed to block and then caught Kikkawa in the SLEEPER HOLD again........

Just as it looked like Kikkawa would succumb to the simple yet effective submission as he dropped down to one knee, the King of Fighters found a second wind, rising back to his feet ad then climbing up to the first turnbuckle to then fall backwards and force Onodera to release the Sleeper Hold.

Both then lay on the mat exhausted as referee Terakado applied a double count....Kikkawa was back up with the count up to eight, but Onodera was back up himself a fraction later and once again they squared up with another battle of strikes, with the larger more powerful Kikkawa once again dominating in that respect.

Kikkawa then tried for the BURNING LARIAT, but Onodera was able to block again and then looked to apply the Sleeper Hold, but Kikkawa managed to fight it off before sending Onodera into the ropes only for the 'Iron Man' to rebound right back and nail Kikkawa with the END OF YOU (Rolling Elbow to the Back of the Head).......

Kikkawa somehow managed to immediately stagger back up to his feet but Onodera was undettered by the King of Fighters show of fighting spirit and headed up top to send Kikkawa back down to the canvas with a flying fore-arm smash...Kikkawa again tried to get back to his feet but a punt to the head followed, leaving the King of Fighters staring up at the lights and Onodera requested that the ten count be made.

EIGHT.......

NINE......

Kikkawa somehow staggered back up to his feet......

Onodera then stalked Kikkawa before looking to lock in the Sleeper Hold once more, but the Team INSPIRE leader began to fight out of the attempt before Onodera switched to an inverted facelock, the Wild Fire man then looked to be trying for his CALL THE DOCTOR (Inverted Facelock lifted Scoop Slam Piledriver) on the larger Kikkawa ...something that proved too difficult for the 'Iron Man' as Kikkawa held his ground and then countered into a Vertical Suplex transitioned into a side powerslam to plant Onodera onto the mat.

Kikkawa then lined up for a KIKKAWA LARIAT but Onodera was able to duck and then took the King of Fighters down with a chop block....Kikkawa however immediately got straight back up to his feet and then connected with a KIKKAWA LARIAT at the second time of asking, but the Team INSPIRE leader was not done there and reeled in Onodera for the BURNING LARIAT, this time Kikkawa connected and the 'Iron Man' crumpled to the mat in a heap.....

Terakado then made the ten count..........

EIGHT

NINE.......

TEN !!

Onodera had put a great fight even bringing some new tricks to his arsenal to try and outmanouevre Kikkawa but despite his best efforts to avoid the Burning Lariat, in the end it was Kikkawa's devastating finisher that he succumbed to, like so many others before him.

Result: Tadiyuki Kikkawa [w] bt Takayuki Onodera [L] in 17:23 via Knockout (Burning Lariat)

Tadiyuki Kikkawa makes V11 Defence of King of Fighters Championship.

Rating: B+

Onodera's Assessment: Kikkawa-san and myself certainly got the show off to a hot start tonight with a well worked KOF title match, very solid storyline with myself coming into the contest with a good gameplan against an unprepared Kikkawa but the King of Fighters proving too strong in the end.

Post Match Comments:

Tadiyuki Kikkawa: Onodera-san I will hand it to you, that you came into battle with a game plan in mind to take me down, problem is for you...that you are too weak and for someone as weak as you, I proved too strong, far too strong and I have to wonder is anyone really strong enough to challenge me as King of Fighters?

Match #2: BOSJ Cup Block B:

Hyosuke Kokan (0 Pts) vs Kansuke Konda (4 Pts)

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_HyosukeKokan-1.jpg vs http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_KansukeKonda-1.jpg

This match offers up a rare meeting between the Size of Fight tag team partners.....Konda needs to win to keep his semi final hopes alive but Kokan would love to prove that he is not the 'weaker' partner he is generally perceived to be in the team by picking up a win over Konda, even if that does mean ending his partners semi final hopes.

Cagey opening as they exchange some mat wrestling holds, Kokan tries to take Konda by surprise with a flurry of roll-ups, which the Big Fight Player survives before stepping it up a gear and going with a more aggressive striking approach. That actually fires up Kokan who fires back and then avoids a lariat from Konda, to nail his tag partner with a standing drop-kick that sends Konda out of the ring.

Kokan then goes for a suicide dive but knowing what is coming Konda moves out of the way and Kokan crashes and burns. Konda then slides back into the ring and then goes soaring through the ropes himself to wipe out Kokan with a Tope Con Hilo. Konda pitches Kokan back into the ring and heads up top before taking flight with the KONDA SPLASH.

Kokan however gets the knees up and then places Konda in the ELECTRIC SHOCKER CLUTCH (Sitting Double Chickenwing).....Konda powers his way up to his feet however and then manages to fight out of the hold completely to prevent Kokan from planting him with the Electric Shocker Suplex.....Konda then forces a standing switch and dumps Kokan with a German Suplex for a two count.

Konda then pummels Kokan with a series of fore-arms before whipping the 'Electric Livewire' into the corner. Konda follows up with a corner clothesline and then pitches Kokan onto the top turbuckle....Kokan fights off the superplex attempt though and takes down Konda with a diving cross body block.

Kokan gets a two count off the pin attempt but is unable to keep up the momentum and Konda boots the 'Electric Livewire' in the mid-section to set up for the KONDA DRIVER, Kokan blocks that and then manages to force a standing switch before dumping Konda with the ELEMENTAL SUPLEX........

One.....

Two......

Thr......

Konda kicks out but remains rooted to the mat and Kokan heads up top, Konda however gets back to his feet and quickly races up the turnbuckles to bring Kokan crashing back into the ring with a superplex.

That took alot out of Konda as well, and the match almost ends in a double countout until both stagger back up to their feet....Konda delivers a series of fore-arms to Kokan and then looks for the KONDA KUTTER but Kokan avoids that and then takes Konda by surprise with a school boy roll-up.......

One.....

Two......

Konda kicks out of that and exchange a series of rolling cradles, with the final cradle ending up with Konda's shoulders pinned to the mat....

One........

Two......

Three !!!

Konda kicks out but it's too late, as Kokan scores his first victory of this years BOSJ Cup at the expense of his Tag Team partner.

After the match Konda pleads to referee Koetsu Shinozaki that his shoulders were only down for two, but Shinozaki is having none of it...leaving the 'Big Fight Player' a frustrated figure as he skulks off to the back.

Result: Hyosuke Kokan [w] bt Kansuke Konda [L] in 9:31 via pinfall (Rolling Cradle)

Onodera's Assessment: Maybe it was the pressure of facing each other but neither Konda-san nor Kokan-san was really on their game tonight and they failed to rise to the occasion. A shame really as performances like this only confirms that neither man will ever truly be ready for a role beyond the midcard.

Post Match Comments:

In the post match press-room Size of the Fight appear to be arguing over Kokan's somewhat flukey victory.

Kansuke Konda: No way was that three !!

Hyosuke Kokan: Look Shinozaki-san, said it was, Konda-san just except your defeat!

Kansuke Konda: But it cost me a place in the semi finals.

Hyosuke Kokan: Konda-san let it go, I beat you fair and square and besides do you really think Masuko-san is going to drop his match tonight.

Kansuke Konda: Probably not, but I still had hope and I needed to beat you.....

Hyosuke Kokan: Don't you think I needed to beat you too, I didn't want to end this tournament with no wins under my belt.

Kansuke Konda: I suppose so.

Hyosuke Kokan: I know so, look let's not let this come between us, we are Size of the Fight.

Kansuke Konda: Yes we are Size of the Fight, you are right Kokan-san....let's move on.

Match #3: BOSJ Cup Block B:

Haru Kurofuji (0 Pts) vs Marihito Masuko (6 Pts)

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_HaruKurofuji.jpg vs http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_MarihitoMasuko-1.jpg

Masuko is looking to bounce back from defeat to Elemental III, whilst Kurofuji is just looking to win full stop, as he is running out of chances to not end the tournament without a win under his belt.

They kick things off with some slick mat wrestling with them countering holds and pin attempts, that leads to a stand off. They pick up the pace and Kurofuji avoids a leg lariat from Masuko before taking down the 'Painted Wonder' with a cross body block....Masuko rolls through only for Kurofuji to kick out of the pin and then get control of the 2006 Cup winners leg.

Kurofuji then tries to turn Masuko over for the KUROFUJI CRAB but Masuko manages to block that and counters with a monkeyflip. Masuko then snaps off a head-scissors take down and then goes out onto the apron but Kurofuji gets back up and charges the 'Painted Wonder' off the apron with a running fore-arm smash.

The Universal Excellence man goes to the outside and then plants Masuko with a snap suplex on the floor before pitching the 2006 Cup winner back into the ring. A quick cover follows for two, before Kurofuji turns Masuko over into the KUROFUJI CRAB (Elevated Boston Crab)......

However he locks it in too near the ropes and Masuko is able to force the rope break. Kurofuj maintains the advantage however with a Dragon Screw Leg-Whip before heading up top......

Kurofuji then takes flight with the KAMIKAZE HEADBUTT (Long Rang Diving Headbutt)

But ends up eating the canvas, as Masuko manages to just about move out of the way in time.

The 'Painted Wonder' hobbles back up to his feet and sets up for the Masuko Cradle (Leg Hook Belly to Back Suplex) but Kurofuji fights it off and forces a standing switch...Masuko however fights off Kurofuji's attempts to set up for the TOHOKU THUNDER SUPLEX and then forces a standing switch of his own before finally dumping the Universal Excellence man with the MASUKO CRADLE......

One.........

Two......

Thr.......

Kurofuji kicks out and then staggers back up to his feet

But Masuko takes down Kurofuji with a spinning sleeper slam, and then immediately places the Universal Excellence man in the PINK DREAM (Straight Jacket Triangle Choke).......

The 'Painted Wonder' has it locked on right in the middle of the ring and Kurofuji is left with no choice but to tap out.

Result: Marihito Masuko [w] bt Haru Kurofuji [L] in 7:48 via submission (Pink Dream)

Onodera's Assessment: They didn't get much time here, as Masuko-san picks up a relatively quick victory to remain looking strong heading into the final rounds of matches. However they did put on a pretty good match with the time they were given and I would say this was fine for what we expected from them.

Post Match Comments:

Marihito Masuko: To rise to the mountain's top I must pass the final test, the Cobra awaits me once more, I know of this danger and a danger I do not fear.

Haru Kurofuji: I know what I need to do, I only have one more chance to salvage some pride but I am confident of victory against Kokan-san.

Match #4: BOSJ Cup Block A:

Sensational Dragon (5 Pts) vs VENOM (3 Pts)

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_SensationalDragon_jhd21.jpg vs http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_Venom-1.jpg

Dragon needs to win this to keep his hopes of retaining the cup alive, VENOM may be unable to qualify himself but he will be keen to finish the tournament as strongly as possible.

Similar to the Masuko-Kurofuji match that proceeded it they exchange holds on the mat at the start of the match, gradually picking up the pace. Dragon goes to nail VENOM with a spin kick but the RAGE man avoids that and takes the defending cup holder down with a Dragon Screw Leg Whip. VENOM then immediately looks for the Sting in the Tail but Dragon fights that off.

Dragon hobbles back up to his feet but VENOM puts the pressure on with a flurry of kicks before dropping the Sensational One onto the canvas with an STO. That leads to a two count before VENOM follows up with a snap suplex and then heads up to the second turnbuckle, he waits for Dragon to get back to his feet and then nails the Junior Champion with a flying knee strike.

VENOM looks to follow up with the cover but a shell shocked Dragon bails out of the ring to take a powder. Dragon uses the full twenty floor count, making sure that referee Terakado keeps VENOM back before re-entering the ring.

They then engage in a strike battle that VENOM comes out on top of as Dragon falls to his knees, before the RAGE man goes to nail the defending cup holder with the V-STINGER (Shining Wizard Enziguri) but Dragon evades the move and then rolls VENOM up.

VENOM kicks out but Dragon then begins to take control, reeling off a flurry of kicks before setting up for the DRAGON SUPEX, VENOM fights out of it however and then rebounds with basement drop-kick that sends Dragon back down to the mat....Dragon staggers back up to his feet but is then taken down with a chop block before VENOM then applies the STING IN THE TAIL (Cross Kneelock).......

Dragon digs down deep and manages to fight out of the hold, but he is clearly hobbled as he rises back to his feet and VENOM remains in control. The RAGE man then looked to be setting up for the INFECTIOUS SPIKE (Spike DDT) but Dragon manageds to block that and then countered with a snap suplex.

Dragon then followed up with a flurry of kicks, before looking for the DRAGON SLICE (Shiranui) but VENOM managed to block that, before pitching Dragon onto the top turnbuckle and then stunning the Junior Champion with a high running knee strike into the corner. VENOM then looked for the LETHAL DOSAGE (Tornado DDT) but Dragon managed to block the attempt before shoving VENOM down to the canvas and then nailing the RAGE man with a missile drop-kick.

Dragon however crumpled back down to the mat as he tried to get to his feet still feeling the effects of the Sting in the Tail and VENOM back up first charged at Dragon, as he looked to nail the junior champion with the V-STINGER but Dragon was again able to evade that move before nailing VENOM with a Superkick,....Dragon then spun VENOM round and planted the RAGE man with a DRAGON SUPLEX.......

One.......

Two.....

Thr.......

VENOM kicked out, but then found himself on the receiving end of another flurry of kicks from the Junior Champion who then went to cover the RAGE man after a low superkick.

One......

Two.....

Thr.......

VENOM kicked out, but remained rooted to the mat and Dragon headed up top.

But the Junior Champion was still slow to climb the turnbuckles and that gave VENOM enough time to get back to his feet, but the RAGE man didn't however have enough time to avoid the SENSATION SHOCK (Diving Frontflip hurricanrana pin).......

One........

Two......

Three !!

VENOM had provided a tough challenge for the defending cup holder, but Dragon keeps his hopes of retaining the cup alive.

Result: Sensational Dragon [w] bt VENOM [L] in 11:23 via pinfall (Sensation Shock)

Onodera's Assessment: This one I have to say slightly exceeded expectations, VENOM might not be the flashiest of Junior wrestlers and may never amount to being one of the division's 'stars' but he does a good job of putting others over and for that he is a very valuable member of the roster.

Post Match Comments:

Sensational Dragon: My final opponent is The Awesome Kiyaru and he does have a great record in the Best of the Super Juniors I will admit that, but Kiyaru the outcome will be the same as last year when I beat you in the finals to lift the cup, something I WILL do again...because I'm not just good...I am Sensational!

VENOM: Don't patronize me and say that I've done well in this tournament, because I haven't...taking the best in Burning Hammer to the limit...isn't good enough, defeating them is. For too long I've been making up the numbers here and it's time I stepped it up and Golden Scorpion in our final BOSJ Cup match I will be starting with you.

Match #5: CC Spot Challenge:

Tadakuni Toshusai vs Masaaki Okazaki

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_TadakuniToshusai_USPW1.jpg vs http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_MasaakiOkazaki.jpg

Toshusai has failed to win a contenders circle match, since he defeated Yasuhiko Taira to eanr a spot last month, and though he has a tag title shot coming up he will be keen to prove his big singles over Taira to move up the rankings was no fluke. Okazaki who lost his spot to Miyamae will be keen to prove that though and move himself closer to World Championship contention.

Toshusai wants to get the match off to a fast start and goes right after Okazaki as soon as the bell goes, the INSPIRE man however weather the onslaught and takes 'Wild Charisma' off balance with a basement drop-kick. Toshusai stays on his feet but Okazaki soon follows with a chop block that brings 'Wild Charisma' down to the mat.

'No Mercy' then stomps away on Toshusai, before he looks to lock in the Century Crab Lift but Toshusai fights that off and powers his way back up to his feet before taking down Okazaki with a series of clotheslines.......Toshusai then looks to plant the INSPIRE man with a Spine Shocker but 'No Mercy' manages to scramble free and bails to the floor.

Toshusai is not one for playing a waiting game however and goes out to the floor himself, however he dominates Okazaki with a flurry of 'punches' and then the heat of the moment picks up a folded steel chair, Okazaki grabs the chair however and digs it into Toshusai's gut before planting 'Wild Charisma' into the floor with a DDT.

Okazaki then breaks up the twenty count, before dishing out more punishment to Toshusai out on the floor, the INSPIRE man breaks up the count again and then places 'Wild Charisma' in a CENTURY CRAB LIFT (Leglock Cloverleaf).....

With the count down up to 15, Okazaki feeling he has done enough to get the countout victory then scrambles back into the ring.....

SIXTEEN......

SEVENTEEN.....

EIGHTEEN.....

NINETEEN....

TW.......

Toshusai somehow manages to haul himself back up off the floor and into the ring, to the delight of the crowd and to the immediate frustration of Okazaki. Toshusai tries to get back to his feet but immediately collapses back down to the mat and Okazaki lines up for a Running Knee Strike. But Toshusai grabs the leg as Okazaki charges in and then powering back up to his feet, plants the INSPIRE man with a Leg Hook variation of the SPINE SHOCKER.....

But 'Wild Charisma' immediately collapses back down to the mat and is unable to follow up with an immediate cover.

They both then stagger back up to their feet and Toshusai goes for the SHOCK KICK but pulls up and Okazaki takes him down with a chop block. 'No Mercy' then goes to turn Toshusai over into the CENTURY CRAB LIFT but Toshusai suddenly gets a second wind and starts becoming impervious to pain.....powering his way back up to his feet and then unleashing a flurry of fore-arms.......

Double Bird signal to Okazaki......

He then comes back off the ropes and nails the INSPIRE man with a SHOCK KICK (Bicycle Kick)........

He then pulls Okazaki back up to his feet and then applies a double underhook before planting the INSPIRE man across his knee with the SHOCK TREATMENT (Double Underhook Backbreaker)

One.......

Two......

Thr.......

Okazaki kicks out but the momentum is all with Toshusai, he applies another double underhook and this time drills 'No Mercy' into the canvas with the SHOCK DRILLER (Double Underhook Piledriver).....

One.......

Two.....

Three

'Wild Charisma' manages to maintain his spot in the contenders circle heading into Burning Hammer's next tour.

Result: Tadakuni Toshusai [w] bt Masaaki Okazaki [L] in 12:30 via pinfall (Shock Driller)

Rating: B-

Onodera's Assessment: Some of the 'No Selling' was a bit hard to buy into, but that comes with the territory of the sort of fighter Toshusai-san is displaying right now but overall this was a pretty decent heavyweight contest pitting the determined brawler in Toshusai-san up against the calculating technician in Okazaki-san.

Post Match Comments:

Tadakuni Toshusai: Two thousand and ten, two thousand and ten, two THOUSAND and TEN, TWOOOO THOUSAAAAANNNDDDD AAANNNNNNDDDD TENNNNNN, Toshusai, ToshuSAI, TOSHUUUUSAAAAIIIIIII will be, WILL BEEEE CHAMPIONNNNNNNNN !!!

Meanwhile in Masaaki Okazaki's moment to give his thoughts on his failed attempt to get back into the contenders circle, is interrupted by his Team INSPIRE leader Tadiyuki Kikkawa.

Tadiyuki Kikkawa: I'm really doubting myself now if Team INSPIRE dispensed with the wrong guy, because you keep failing us Okazaki-san.....

Masaaki Okazaki: I'm not failing anyone Kikkawa-san....

Tadiyuki Kikkawa: Yes you are, you are failing me, you are failing the rest of Team INSPIRE

Masaaki Okazaki: Before you interrupted, I was going to say I'm failing no one but myself....

Tadiyuki Kikkawa: Well as member of a Team INSPIRE you have responsiblities to me, you have a responsibility to uphold the standards of Team INSPIRE and you lose, and you lose to a joke like Toshusai-san.

Masaaki Okazaki: Don't push me Kikkawa-san.....

Tadiyuki Kikkawa: Or what are you going to do ? If I wasn't fair and prepared to give you a chance to prove your worth, I would kick you out of INSPIRE right now for being so weak.

Masaaki Okazaki: OK I'll show my worth to you, by challenging you for that King of Fighters belt at Inferno of Purity.

Tadiyuki Kikkawa: Don't be so ridiculous......

Masaaki Okazaki: I'm not joking or are you afraid that I could know how to beat you 'leader'.

Tadiyuki Kikkawa: Afraid of you ?!!

Masaaki Okazaki: Well if you aren't afraid, put that belt up against me.

Tadiyuki Kikkawa: Fine but one one condition.......

You fail to beat me for the King of Fighters, you are done as a member of Team INSPIRE

Masaaki Okazaki: Fine, and if I win, you answer to me.

Tadiyuki Kikkawa: I will agree to that Okazaki-san, because the thought of you actually beating me is too ridiculous to contemplate.

O.O.C Note: Yes I admit that did come off as being like an 'angle' but this happened backstage and will be reported on in the Lords of the Ring TV-show and isn't actually part of the liveshow. Every so often the backstage interview bits will turn into backstage arguments just to help push alone some angles/feuds in the diary and to set up future match-ups.

Match #6: Hiroaki Nakasawa, Kinnojo Horri & Elemental III vs Yasuhiko Taira, Yasunobu Masuno & The Awesome Kiyaru

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/HiroakiNakasawa-1.jpg?t=1268429324http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_KinnojoHorri_jhdTiger11.jpghttp://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_ElementalIII.jpg

vs

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/YasunobuMasuno-1.jpg?t=1268429402http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/YasuhikoTaira-1.jpg?t=1268429453http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_TheAwesomeKiyaru-1.jpg

They go through the motions to start, the Juniors start out with a chain wrestling stale mate and then the heavyweight take over and engage in some back and forth brawling. Masuno trips Horri up from the apron, and that results in a brief advantage for the BHB trio, but Horri stands firm on a vertical suplex attempt from Taira and counters into one of his own before tagigng out to Elemental III who drills the 'Bulldozer' with a missile drop kick that send Taira tumbling out of the ring and the 'Third Generation icon' continues to be on fire taking down Kiyaru with a headscissors take down and then sending Masuno off the apron with a high leaping kick.

With all the BHB on the floor Elemental III then launches himself over the top rope with his tradmark Elemental Space Flying Drop. Black Magic do however manage to prevent Elemental III from immediately pitching Kiyaru back into the ring....Horri and Nakasawa see this and the match breaks down into a pier six brawl amongst the crowd.

Elemental III and Kiyaru however do make it back into the ring before referee Omura Umeki is forced to throw the match out as a double countout. Elemental III continues on the ascendency nailing Kiyaru with the Tri-Fecta Kick Series before planting the three time BOSJ Cup winner with an Elemental Suplex......

That gets a two count and Elemental III goes up to set up for the Inferno Splash but Masuno shoves Elemental III off the turbuckle to the floor, sending the 'Third Generation' crashing nastily against the barricade. Prior to that Black Magic had gained the advantage during the crowd brawl sneaking in some illegal amongst the chaos as referee Umeki's attention was turned back to what was happening in the ring and with Nakasawa and Horri left lying amongst the crowd, the BHB were able to isolate Elemental III in their corner.

The BHB trio then worked over Elemental III before Taira whipped the 'Third Generation icon' into one of the turnbuckles, to then charge in with THE FLATTENER (Running Clothesline) into the corner, but Elemental III was able to move out of the way and then nail Taira with an Enziguri from the ring apron before drilling the 'Bulldozer' into canvas with a Tornado DDT. Unable to follow up with a cover Elemental III looked to tag out to either Nakasawa nor Horri.....

Masuno and Kiyaru charged out of the corner, knocking Elemental III's tag partners off the ring apron, preventing the 'Third Generation Icon' from making the tag. It was back to square one for Elemental III as Nakasawa and Horri could only look on in frustration as the BHB trio continued to wear down the 2008 BOSJ cup winner.

Black Magic then set Elemental III up for the DEVASTATOR (Powerbomb, Neckbreaker combo) but the Third Generation icon, managed to counter into a headscissors on Masuno and a DDT on Masuno. Kiyaru then sprang into the ring only to eat a roundhouse kick from Elemental III, before the 2008 BOSJ cup winner collapsed to the mat and slowly crawled across the ring looking to tag out......

Masuno grabbed the Elemental III's leg prevented the tag, but the 'Third Generation Icon' swung round with the other leg nailing Masuno and freeing himself to finally get the hot tag into the World Champion Hiroaki Nakasawa.

Nakasawa cleaned house with a flurry of fore-arms and clothesline's until a recovered Masuno clobbered the H-Bomb from behind and then placed the World Champion in the Masuno Deep Sleeper, Nakasawa fought out of it however, but Masuno was still able to held the champion in place for Taira to come off the ropes with a clothesline however Nakasawa managed to escape at the last split second and Taira accidently nailed Masuno, before the H-Bomb took down Taira with a NAKASAWA NECKBREAKER (inverted Swinging Neckbreaker).......

Nakasawa then covered Masuno, only for Kiyaru to break up the pin with an ETHEREAL KILLER (Springboard Shooting Star Press).......

Kiyaru then rolled Nakasawa over for a cover, but was rightly told that he was not the legal man by referee Okura Umeki.

Horri and Taira were then both tagged into the match, and they engaged in a brawl with neither man backing down until 'The Bulldozer' gained an advantage with an eye poke, Taira then looked to be setting up for the Typhoon Suplex but Horri held firm and then nailed Taira with the BURNING LARIAT !!

One......

Two.....

Thr........

Masuno broke up the pin at the last split second and then planted Horri with the BLAST TEST (Vertical Suplex Side Slam).......

Masuno however was not the legal man and he dragged Taira back over to his corner to tag into the match, 'the Hammer' then rolled Horri over for the cover.......

One.....

Two....

Thr......

Horri kicked out to Masuno's immediate frustration, but the World Tag Team Champion soon regained his focus and showing his sheer power he lifted Horri onto his shoulders, before placing 'Mr One Million Per Cent Burning Hammer' into the DAY OF RACKENING (Argentine Backbreaker Rack).......

But just as it lookled like Horri might tap out, Elemental III nailed Masuno with a springboard missile drop-kick....and Horri crashed down upon Masuno into a pinning position.....

One.....

Two.....

Thr.......

Masuno kicked out but then ate a Lariat from Hiroaki Nakasawa who charged out of the corner and then intercepted The Awesome Kiyaru, Horri then officially tagged Elemental III into the match, and with Masuno rooted to the mat the 'Third Generation Icon' headed up top before crashing down upon the World Tag Team Champion with the INFERNO SPLASH (Corkscrew 450 Splash)

One......

Two.....

Three !!

The Black Heart Brethren must be sick of the sight of Nakasawa and Horri as the Burning Sekigun leaders with the help of Elemental III get one over on the BHB yet again.

Result: Elemental III [w] bt Yasunobu Masuno [L] in 19:19 via pinfall (Inferno Splash)

Onodera's Assessment: This saw Nakasawa-san etc back on form, after Wednesdays disappointing tag match, however the addiition of the Junior Division wrestlers in Elemental III and Kiyaru was another vital ingredient in raising the quality, bringing a different dimension to the straight ahead brawling of Nakasawa-Horri and Black Magic.

Post Match Comments:

Hiroaki Nakasawa: Once again the Burning Sekigun prove that we are the strongest......moving on however my diary is free at Inferno of Purity and it does not appear someone is lined up to challenge me for the World Championship....so I'm going to take a leaf out of Kikkawa san's book and make an open challenge....Because I'm not going to use Inferno as an excuse to ease my way into the off season...I want to finish this tour showing everyone the fighting champion that I am.

Kinnojo Horri: I will assure you Nakasawa-san, it won't be me.....I'm still in the Contenders Circle and I want to EARN my shot at that belt again.

Hiroaki Nakasawa: I am sure we will cross paths again over this !! (Nakasawa pats the World Championship belt that is slung over his shoulder)

Kinnojo Horri: Oh we will Nakasawa-san, we definitely will.

Match #7: BOSJ Cup Block A:

Barei Yasujiro (2 Pts) vs Super Joshuya (0 Pts)

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_BaireiYasujiro-1.jpg vs http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_SuperJoshuya-1.jpg

This one's purely for pride, but these two Junior Heavyweight veterans will still be keen to finish the tournament as strongly as they can.

Given their lucha influences it comes as no surprise that they begin the match with the sort of slick chain wrestling that wouldn't look out of place in any lucha libre ring in Mexico, exchanging arm-drags, headscissor takedowns and a plethora of pinning combinations at a blistering pace as the momentum swings back and forth.

The seamless flow however is broken up when Yasujiro sends Joshuya out of the ring with a leg lariat and then launches himself to the outside to wipe out the 'Nippon Luchadore' with an Arabian Press.

After pitching Joshuya back into the ring and getting a two count off a pin attempt, the 'Mighty Mouse' headed up top but Joshuya was soon back to his feet and they jockeyed for the advantage on the turbuckle until Yasujiro was able to shove Joshuya off and then take down the 2004 cup winner with a Leg Lariat. Yasujiro then tried to set Joshuya up for the Yasujiro Suplex only for the 'Nippon Luchadore' to slip off the shoulders and then stun Yasujiro with an Enziguri before planting the 'Mighty Mouse' with a Falcon Arrow for a two count.

Joshuya then goes for a quebrada but Yasujiro gets the knees up and then nails the 'Nippon Luchadore' with a leg lariat, before setting up for the MIGHTY MOUSE DRIVER by placing Joshuya in a wheelbarrow but the 2004 cup winner manages to block the attempt and counters into a victory roll.....

Yasujiro kicks out at two but is then suddenly drilled into the canvas with a J-DROP (Flip Over DDT).......

One......

Two.....

Thr......

The Mighty Mouse kicks out at the last split second. Joshuya then paced around for a bit pondering what to do next before dragging Yasujiro into position, as he headed up top. But as Joshuya steadied himself Yasujro sprung back up to his feet, clubbed Joshuya from behind and then placed the 'Nippon Luchadore' into an Electric Chair before planting the 2004 BOSJ Cup winner with the YASUJIRO SUPLEX (Electric Chair dropped into a Bridging German Suplex)......

One......

Two.....

Three !!

The Mighty Mouse ends his first Best of the Super Juniors on a high, as Super Joshuya's winless 2010 cup continues.

Result: Barei Yasujiro [w] bt Super Joshuya [L] in 10:53 via pinfall (Yasujiro Suplex)

Onodera's Assessment: This was a solid enough match for the time they were given, but the fact that both won't be making it into the next round did mean that parts of the crowd did see this match as an opportunity to take a bathroom break.

Post Match Comments:

Barei Yasujiro: Got to say I do feel a sense of relief to get another win out there, Joshuya-san may be winless but he's still an excellent competitor with a pedigree to be respected. Hopefully I can do even better next year, because even though my first BOSJ Cup wasn't a great success and I'm hoping I've done enough this year to be given another opportunity to claim the trophy.

Super Joshuya: Do I still have 'it'....with no wins and five losses, I'm seriously wondering if I do still have 'it'. Maybe, just maybe and it pains to say it, but maybe I just don't have 'it' anymore.

Match #8: BOSJ Cup Block B:

American Optimus (4 Pts) vs Black Cobra (8 Pts)

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_BlackEagle_alt5.jpg vs http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_DuaneStone_alt1.jpg

Black Cobra heads into this match with a perfect record and he will be looking to maintain that, as he looks to put one foot in the semi finals. American Optimus however will be keen to play spoiler and in his previous match with Haru Kurofuji displayed a win at all costs attitude, similar to that of Cobra himself.

The start of the match is a cagey one, as they jockey for the advantage by exchanging holds on the mat. The resulting stalemate frustrates both Cobra and American Optimus and they fire away on each other with chops, Optimus then goes for his trademark palm strike but Cobra blocks that and delivers a boot to the mid section, he looks to set up for the DEATH BY COBRA, but he looks for it far too soon and Optimus is able to counter with a back body drop.

The Dragon Feet 2K9 man then nails Cobra with a drop-kick that sends the 2008 BOSJ Cup winner staggering into the corner.....Optimus then follows up with a rolling wheel kick into the corner before placing Cobra on the top turnbuckle. American Optimus then sets up for a SUPER O-Bomb but Cobra fights it off and then leaps off to nail Optimus with a drop-kick into the turbuckle.

Cobra follows that up by then planting American Optimus with a STONEPLEX (Bridging Northern Lights Suplex)......

One.....

Two.....

Thr......

Optimus kicks out, but Cobra then looks to turn the Dragon Feet 2K9 man over into the Stone Hold but 'gaijin legacy' fends it off and then takes Cobra by surprise with an inside cradle.....

One.....

Two......

Thr....

Cobra kicks out and then looks for the Stone Hold again, only for Optimus to fend it off again this time kicking 'Canadian Darkness' off, Optimus then stunned Cobra with a drop-kick and then followed up with a palm strike before drilling the BHB man into the canvas with a Brainbuster !

One.....

Two.....

Thr......

Cobra kicked out but Optimus then turned 'Canadian Darkness' over into the OPTIMIZER (Dragon Sleeper Surfboard) and unlike Cobra, 'gaijin legacy' was able to get his signature hold looked in......

But Cobra was determined not to give up his 100 % record so easily and he dug down to haul himself and Optimus across the ring to force the rope break. American Optimus was keen to keep the pressure on but Cobra using his veteran experience rolled out of the ring and began to head up the ramp to buy himself some time, frustrated by Cobra's actions Optimus took the bait and gave chase only for Cobra to send Optimus crashing onto the entrance ramp with a drop toe hold. Cobra then stomped away on American Optimus, before rolling back into the ring to break up referee Terakado's twenty count.

Cobra then whippped Optimus back first into the barricade, before unleashing a flurry of strikes and then pitching 'gaijin legacy back into the ring'.....Cobra then realed of a trio of snap suplexes before placing American Optimus in the STONE HOLD (Sharpshooter).

With Cobra finally able to get the Stone Hold locked in, it looked like Optimus was starting to fade.......

Terakado checked on the Dragon Feet 2K9 man.....

No response......

Terakado checked again.....

Still no response......

Terakado gave Optimus one last chance to respond.......

'Gaijin legacy' suddenly found some energy and was able to fight his way out of the hold , turning onto his back and then kicking Cobra off... the momentum of which sent 'Canadian Darkness' crashing into referee Terakado who tumbled out of the ring and took a bump to the floor.

With Terakado down Cobra then sneaked in a low blow on Optimus....before going out of the ring to bring in a chair... American Optimus however got back to his feet and then nailing Cobra with a standing drop-kick sending the chair into Cobra's face......

Optimus then planted Cobra with an O-BOMB (Running Powerbomb) but Terakado still hadn't recovered to make the three count.....

Clearly frustrated, American Optimus then picked up the steel chair and waiting for Cobra to rise back to his feet lined up to cream 'Canadian Darkness' across the head, but just at that moment...Optimus tag team partner Super Joshuya hopped up onto the apron and took the chair out of Optimus' hands.... Optimus turned around and argued with Joshuya, with the veteran telling 'gaijin legacy' that wasn't the way to win.....

But when Optimus turned his attention back to Cobra he received a boot into the mid-section before being drilled into the mat with the DEATH BY COBRA (Double Wristclutch Powerbomb)......

Terakado had now recovered to make the three count.....

One......

Two.....

Three !!

Black Cobra maintains his perfect record in the tournament, heading into the last round of matches. American Optimus meanwhile will be left frusrated and confused by Super Joshuya's intervention that ultimately cost him victory.

Result: Black Cobra [w] bt American Optimus [L] in 15:15 via pinfall (Death by Cobra)

Onodera's Assessment: Even though the events leading up to the finish were a bit screwy, Cobra still won in a clean decisive manner that the Burning Hammer crowds expect from their matches. With the type of storytelling they were working into the match it was never going to be a classic but overall it turned out to be a pretty enjoyable match.

Post Match Comments:

Black Cobra (in English): American Optimus, did you really think you could out smart me.....if anyone knows about going that extra mile to win, it's me...I'm the master of it and you just got a lesson in the art of winning. Because winning it what I do, five and O, five wins, no losses....Masuko-san you are now all that stands in my way to heading into the semi finals with a perfect record.

American Optimus (in English): I would have had that match won, but for some reason my own tag partner Super Joshuya, or should that just be Joshuya because with no wins in this tournament he isn't so Super right now...I don't know maybe the washed up has-been I've been carrying round as my tag partner is just jealous because I've actually won some matches......

At that point Joshuya walks into view oblivious to the fact that American Optimus had been bad mouthing him to the press, American Optimus himself however looks far from pleased at Joshuya turning up.

American Optimus: Why? Joshuya why?

Super Joshuya: I couldn't let you win that way American Optimus

American Optimus: Just because you can't win Joshuya-san....

Super Joshuya: This is not about me, your actions were dishonorable and not the way to win.

American Optimus: Well I disagree.

Match #9: BOSJ Cup Block A:

Golden Scorpion (5 Pts) vs John Pathlow (7 Pts)

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_GoldenScorpion-1.jpg vs http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_HellMonkey_alt2.jpg

A win for Pathlow would see him pretty much put one foot into the semi finals, however a win for Scorpion would put him right in the mix going into the final round of matches, it's the very fact that this is the most pivotal match in this round of BOSJ cup matches that see's it main eventing the show.

Pathlow kicks things off in his usual manner, pressing hard early with a rapid fire combination of strikes and kicks.....Scorpion to his credit though stands up to Pathlow's flurry's and fires back with some of his own. But at the end of the day toe to toe strike battles are Pathlow's game and after a while the 'Gold and Black Attack' does begin to wilt and a roundhouse kick from the INSPIRE man leads to a two count.

Pathlow then lifts Scorpion up with a waistlock, but the Junior Tag Champion manages to hold onto the ropes preventing Pathlow from pulling off a German Suplex. Pathlow tries again but Scorpion sneaks in a low blow, cleverly lifting up the heel of his boot into Pathlow's groin. Scorpion then drives Pathlow throat first against the top-rope, staggering the INSPIRE man back before nailing 'Rapid Fire' with a springboard leg lariat.

Scorpion then snapped off a kip up rana, Pathlow kicked out but Scorpion maintained control, catching Pathlow in a head and arm lock to set up for Brainbuster, but Pathlow managed to stand firm and then countered into one of his own.

That got the INSPIRE man a two count, before he headed up top......Scorpion however got back to his feet and cut Pathlow off, before the pair duked it out on the top-rope....Pathlow regained control shoving Scorpion down into a tree of woe before coming off with a HEART COMPACTOR (Diving Double Knee Drop) !!

One....

Two...

Thr....

Pathlow covered too near the ropes and Scorpion managed to stick a leg out to force the rope break, 'Rapid Fire' then dragged Scorpion into the middle of the ring and then went for another cover but this time the Junior Tag Champion kicked out.

Pathlow then dragged Scorpion back up to a vertical base and looked to set up for the KILL DRILL, but Scorpion stood firm and then took Pathlow by surprise with an inside cradle.....

One....

Two....

Thr.......

Pathlow kicked out and then retook control, unleashing another vicious flurry of kicks that sent Scorpion down to the mat...however Scorpion managed to roll out of the ring to halt Pathlow's momentum. Pathlow kept his cool and waited for Scorpion to get back into the ring, which the 'Gold and Black' Attack before instantly rolling back out of the ring.....that infuriated the INSPIRE man who wanted to keep the pressure on and he took the Black Heart Brethren's man's bait, chasing Scorpion round the ring before being taken off his feet with a basement drop-kick, as they re-entered the ring.

Pathlow instantly got back to his feet but Scorpion was able to catch a spin kick and turn the momentum into a Dragon Screw Legwhip. Scorpion then continued to work over the legs of Pathlow, before turning the INSPIRE man over into the SCORPION DEATH LOCK (Stone Hold variation).....

Scorpion had the submission locked on right in the middle of ring but Pathlow was determined not to give up so easily and the hard hitting gaijin dug down to find a second wind and haul himself and Scorpion to the ropes and force a rope break.

Pathlow then tried to regain the momentum with a flurry of kicks, but oweing to Scorpion's targetting of his legs, the kicks were noticeably weaker and the 'Gold and Black Attack' soakes up the pressure before nailing Pathlow with his spin kick of his own, to then drill 'Rapid Fire' into the mat with a BRAINBUSTER.

One.....

Two....

Thr...

Scorpion then went out onto the ring-apron and prepared to deliver the GOLDEN SHOT (Slingshot Legdrop) but Pathlow suddenly exploded back up to his feet and stunned Scorpion with an Enziguri before bringing the Junior Tag champion crashing back into the ring with a vertical suplex.

Pathlow then nailed Scorpion with a drop-kick before applying a waistlock and then launching the Gold and Black Attack aross the ring with a release German Suplex, Scorpion then staggered back up to his feet only for Pathlow to charge across the ring and stun Scorpion with the BLUNT FORCE TRAUMA (Running Leaping Side Kick).....

One....

Two....

Thr.....

Scorpion managed to kick out, but Pathlow was keen to finish Scorpion off and pitched the 'Gold and Black Attack' on the top-rope before double underhooking Scorpion's arms, appearing to set up for an avalanche Kill Drill but the Junior Tag champion managed to hold off the attempt and counter into a sunset flip powerbomb.....

One.....

Two....

Thr.....

Pathlow kicked out and then regained control of the match again with another flurry of kicks that left Scorpion staggered, before a roundhouse kick sent the 'Gold and Black Attack' down to the mat.

That last kick looked to had knocked Pathlow out and the INSPIRE man waited for referee Umeki to make the ten count......

However Scorpion began to stir around seven and Pathlow got impatient, lifting Scorpion back up to his feet as he looked to set up for the Kill Drill again but Scorpion managed to block the attempt and took Pathlow by surprise with another roll up......

Pathlow managed to kick out, but Scorpion then tried to apply the Scorpion Deathlock only for Pathlow to to kick Scorpion off. The INSPIRE man then seized the momentum again with another rapid firee flurry of kicks and strikes, before running the ropes to set up for the APOCALYPSE LARIAT....but Scorpion managed to duck the move and stunned Pathlow with an Enziguri......Scorpion then delivered a boot to Pathlow's mid-section and planted RAPID FIRE into the mat with the SCORPION STINGER (Leg Hook Sunset Flip Powerbomb).......

One.....

Two.....

Thr.....

Pathlow kicked out but Scorpion remained focus, nailing the INSPIRE man with a punt to the head and then drilling 'Rapid Fire' into the canvas with BRAINBUSTER....

One......

Two.....

Thr......

Patlhlow kicked out again, much to Scorpion's frustration. Scorpion then pitched Pathlow onto the top turnbuckle, and looked to be setting up for the ANEURYSM BRAINBUSTER, but the INSPIRE man managed to fight Scorpion off, shoving the Junior Tag champion down to the canvas and then nailing the 'Gold and Black Attack' with a missile drop-kick.

Pathlow then planted Scorpion with a Bridging German Suplex......

One......

Two.....

Thr.......

Scorpion kicked out but remained rooted to the mat and Pathlow headed up top.......

HEART COMPACTOR (Diving Double Knee Drop).......

Scorpion managed to move out of the way , Pathlow then staggered back up to his feet but was then nailed with a spin kick from Scorpion....who then planted Pathlow into the mat with the SCORPION STINGER, for the second time in the match......

One......

Two.....

Three !!

This time Pathlow was too worn down to kick out, as Golden Scorpion gains the all important victory to keep his semi final hopes alive and at the same time but a dent into that of Pathlow's.

Result: Golden Scorpion [w] bt John Pathlow [L] in 22:27 via pinfall (Scorpion Stinger)

Onodera's Assessment: Scorpion-san and Pathlow-san put a good match here but didn't quite do enough to bring the show home. Quite simply the match was good but not great and we really need to be delivering great matches in the main event.

Post Match Comments:

Golden Scorpion: Everyone's been talking about Sensational Dragon, the man I just beat John Pathlow and even my own tag partner The Awesome Kiyaru to emerge from my block as contenders, and in all honesty I have been overlooked. Well overlook me at your peril because I will beat VENOM in my final match and this 'dark horse' will march all the way to being crowned Best of the Super Juniors.

John Pathlow (in English): Yeah right now I'm angry that I lost, but the person I'm angry with his myself, no one else....Scorpion beat me fair and square but I know I blew it out there tonight, blew the opportunity to secure my place in the semi finals. But I still need just one more win to be in the next round, and I will get that win....after all, all that is between me and a semi final berth is Super Joshuya.....so I really do have nothing to fear.

Overall: B

Onodera's Viewpoint: We need to kick it up a notch again, as the shows of late have been decent but not great, if anything the main event between John Pathlow and Golden Scorpion encaptured that very fact.

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_BHOTWG_BSJ.jpg

Best of the Super Juniors XI:

The Warriors Beyond

Standings After Night Six:

<TABLE dir=ltr cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=12 width=565 border=1><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=bottom width="33%" height=0>

BLOCK A

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="17%" height=0>

W

L

T

Pts

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=bottom width="33%" height=0>

The Awesome Kiyaru

John Pathlow

Golden Scorpion

Sensational Dragon

VENOM

Barei Yasujiro

Super Joshuya

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE dir=ltr cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=12 width=565 border=1><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=bottom width="33%" height=0>

BLOCK B

W

L

T

Pts

Black Cobra

Elemental III

Marihito Masuko

Kansuke Konda

American Optimus

Hyosuke Kokan

Haru Kurofuji

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Tie Breaker situations, if two or more workers finish on same amount of points....

1. Head to Head record against competitors on same points. If more than two it would be the combined record against all competiors on that points total.

2. Record against Top 6 (excluding themselves), then Top 5 and so on.

3. Quickest victory time in tournament.

BHOTWGPuroresu.com

Kikkawa vs Okazaki for Inferno of Purity/

Nakasawa to make World Title Defence

Unlike recent defences Tadiyuki Kikkawa will know his challenger for the King of Fighers Championship ahead of time, when he accepted a challenge from fellow Team INSPIRE member Masaaki Okazaki. Okazaki lost his chance to regain his spot in the contenders circle for the Burning World Championship against Tadakuni Toshusai and is the latest in a string of 'failures' for the INSPIRE original in the opinion of Kikkawa. Somewhat goaded into proving his worth to Kikkawa, Okazaki challenged for the King of Fighters Championship and there was added spice to the match when Okazaki said that if he wins he should become the Team INSPIRE leader and not Kikkawa, however Kikkawa said should Okazaki lose he would have to leave Team INSPIRE.

Meanwhile Hiroaki Nakasawa has said that he will put the Burning World Championship on the line at Inferno of Purity even though an out right number on contender has yet to emerge from the contenders circle this month. It remains to be seen, whether or not that challenger will emerge at Wednesdays show at the New Mei Stadium in Kinki Prefecture or if a challenge will be made at the Inferno of Purity PPV.

More matches for Inferno of Purity are expected to be added after Wednesday's show.

Confirmed for the Inferno of Purity PPV:

Best of the Super Juniors Semi Finals and Finaks

World Championship: Hiroaki Nakasawa vs TBC

King of Fighters: Tadiyuki Kikkawa vs Masaaki Okazaki

No DQ match for World Tag Team Championship: Black Magic vs Wild Fire vs The Rebellion

Something totally random, but here's a stable logo...I put together for ther Black Heart Brethren

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/BlackHeartBrethren.jpg?t=1293366325

Looking to get a preview of the final BOSJ Cup Block Stage show up later tonight and then hoping to get the show itself posted up sometime between now and new years eve.

BHOTWGPuroresu.com

Burning Hammer of the Wrestling Gods will be at the New Mei Sports Stadium in Kinki Prefecture on Wednesday 23rd June as the 2010 edition of the Best of the Super Juniors tournament heads towards it's conclusion with the culmination of it's Block Phase.

Block A see's four competitors out of the seven still in with a chance of reaching the semi finals at the Inferno of Purity PPV on Friday 25th June. Team INSPIRE's John Pathlow thought he had one foot in the semi finals, however a loss to Golden Scorpion was a set back and he now needs at least draw and more likely score a victory in his final match. It's a final match that Pathlow will be confident of winning however as it comes against the currently pointless Super Joshuya. But the 2004 cup winner will be determined to salvage some pride and end this years cup with points on the board.

Golden Scorpion kept his hopes alive with that victory over Pathlow and faces VENOM in his final match, victory could see him secure a spot in the semi finals even if Pathlow does beat Joshuya, due to Scorpions' head to victory over the INSPIRE man and Scorpion's draw with Sensational Dragon should all three end up with ten points.

It's the defending champion Sensational Dragon whose hopes of retaining the BOSJ Cup that hang precariously in the balance, even with a victory over The Awesome Kiyaru he could find himself pipped at the post if both Scorpion and Pathlow secure wins over Joshuya and VENOM. Heading into the final three time cup winner Kiyaru leads the Block, but will be fully aware that only victory over the Junior Champion is what will be required to secure a spot in the semi finals.

Block B has three competiors still in the hunt and despite leading the Block from start to finish and having not dropped a single point yet, there is the possibility that Black Cobra could find himself pipped to a semi final spot. Elemental III will be expected to defeat Kansuke Konda and that victory will see him into the semi finals, due to his victory over Marihito Masuko being secured in quicker time than Black Cobra's final seconds victory over the 'Third Generation Icon'.

Cobra and Masuko's final match is against one another. Masuko needs to win, as a draw will not be good if Konda does not pull off an upset against Elemental III and a draw for Cobra will be good to see him into the semi finals. A victory for Masuko however will more than likely put Cobra out at the Block Stage at the 'Eleventh Hour' due to he fastest head to head victory time tie breaker should all three semi final hopefuls ends up with the same amount of points. Cobra's victory in 29 minutes 29 seconds over Elemental III does not leave him with much breathing room in that sense and though Cobra could just settle for the draw there is the lure of a 100 % record to be maintained that he may well not be contented to simply 'survive' for 30 minutes and grab the point needed to secure a spot in the semi finals.

Rounding out Block B Hyosuke Kokan against Haru Kurofuji is purely for pride, as Kokan looks to build on his victory over Kansuke Konda in the previous 'round' and finish the tournament strongly, whilst Kurofuji will see this as a chance to end the Block Stage with a victory and avoid going the entire tournament without points on the board.

In non cup action Burning Sekigun and Team INSPIRE collide in an Eight Man War with World Champion Hiroaki Nakasawa leading a squad that also includes Kinnojo Horri and the Wild Fire Tandem of Tadakuni Toshusai and Takayuki Onodera into battle against an INSPIRE quartet lead by King of Fighters Tadiyuki Kikkawa and also includes Tasuku Iesada, Masaaki Okazaki and Chuichi Sanda. With Okazaki challenging Kikkawa for the King of Fighters title at Inferno of Purity, the Burning Sekigun team appears to be more harmonious at this moment in time but on the other hand they could be facing an INSPIRE team focused and fired up to impress/send a message to their leader.

Rounding out the main show American Optimus teams up with fellow Dragon Feet 2K9 members The Rebellion (Shimedzu and Miyame) to take on the RAGE trio of Mitsunari Fuganaga, Toshiki Shibanumo and Yoshii Shiomi.

Bonus pre-show action see's one half of the World Tag Team champions Yasuhiko Taira take on Tiger Fuyuki and there is a Junior Division 4-way with Barei Yasujiro, Red Panther, Stone Yoshikawa and The Incredible Koyama.

Here is a full run down of the card for Show #36 of the Burn Don't Freeze Tour

Burn Don't Freeze Tour- Show #36

-Best of the Super Juniors XI:

The Warriors Beyond

Night Seven- Stage Complete

(The New Mei Sports Stadium, Kinki, Wednesday 23rd June 2010)

Best of the Super Juniors XI: The Warriors Beyond

(All Matches 30 Minute Time Limit, Win = 2Pts, Draw= 1Pt):

Block A:

'Representing Dragon Feet 2K9'

Junior Champion/Reigning BOSJ Cup Holder-

Sensational Dragon

vs

'Representing Black Heart Brethren'

Junior Tag Team Champion-

The Awesome Kiyaru

Junior Tag Team Champion-

Golden Scorpion

vs

'Representing RAGE'

VENOM

'Representing Team INSPIRE'

John Pathlow

vs

Super Joshuya

Block B:

Black Cobra

vs

'Representing Burning Sekigun'

Marihito Masuko

Elemental III

vs

Kansuke Konda

'Representing Universal Excellence'

Haru Kurofuji

vs

Hyosuke Kokan

Combustible Elements Eight Man War (30 Min Time Limit):

World Champion- Hiroaki Nakasawa, Kinnojo Horri,

Tadakuni Toshusai & Takayuki Onodera

vs

'Representing Team INSPIRE'

King of Fighters- Tadiyuki Kikkawa,

2009 Super 10 Cup Winner- Tasuku Iesada,

Masaaki Okazaki & Chuichi Sanda

Six Man Challenge (20 Min Time Limit):

American Optimus &

The Rebellion (Shimedzu & Miyamae)

vs

'Representing RAGE'

Mitsunari Fuganaga, Toshiki Shibanumo & Yoshii Shiomi

Pre-Show Matches (10 Min Time Limit):

Yasuhiko Taira vs Tiger Fuyuki

4-Way: Barei Yasujiro vs Red Panther vs Stone Yoshikawa vs Incredible Koyama

_____________________________________________________________________________________

BOSJ Cup Block A: Sensational Dragon vs The Awesome Kiyaru

BOSJ Cup Block A: Golden Scorpion vs VENOM

BOSJ Cup Block A: John Pathlow vs Super Joshuya

BOSJ Cup Block B: Black Cobra vs Marihito Masuko

BOSJ Cup Block B: Elemental III vs Kansuke Konda

BOSJ Cup Block B: Haru Kurofuji vs Hyosuke Kokan

Nakasawa, Horri, Toshusai & Onodera vs Kikkawa, Iesada, Okazaki & Sanda

American Optimus, Shimedzu & Miyamae vs Fuganaga, Shibanumo & Shiomi

Yasujiro vs Panther vs Yoshikawa vs Koyama

Both guys need to win this one if they want to get to semi-finals but I go with Dragon as he´s more important on my opinion.

Scorpion is higher on the ladders

Joshuya has lost all his fights so far so it´s hard to see him win here.

Masuko needs the win here in order to advance as I don´t see E3 losing his match

E3 takes this one and makes a three way tie on top of the block B

Personal preferense as this could go either way

This one is hard but with Kikkawa and Okazaki having some troubles with each others I think that Nakasawa´s group is more unified.

Squash

Taira picks up an easy win

Little bit of a coin flip here but Yasujiro was in the tournement and is more important because he´s tag team experience so I go with him.

Draw. Neither can afford a loss right now, especially as tight as their block is.

These two tighten the block even farther.

Cobra has been almost unstoppable in the qualifiers, but Masuko brings him back down to earth

E3 firms up his placing in the block

Both are out of the running, but Kuro gets the pride victory

Tension is all on the Inspire side this time

jobber matches

BOSJ Cup Block A: Sensational Dragon vs The Awesome Kiyaru]

- I love Kiyaru,but SD pretty much has to win this match.

BOSJ Cup Block A: Golden Scorpion vs VENOM]

- Two of my favourite masks. GS just seems a step above VENOM. Although he should get a real shot at the cup soon.

- Joshuya, this might be 'it' for you. Sorry buddy.

- Draw. I don't know what, but Cobra won't go through clean but he'll also not suffer a loss.

- I does nots likes betting against Sizes of the Fights. :(

- So I won't here. :)

- Coz TK hates me and Kikkawa and Okazaki don't play well togehter. Meanwhile Sanda asks 'What about Sanda? INSPIREd? No?"

- I'll be at the Sashimi stand.

- Oh, a sake stand? Even better!

- Ramen! And his is the only name I could properly pronounce.

- Coz TK hates me and Kikkawa and Okazaki don't play well togehter. Meanwhile Sanda asks 'What about Sanda? INSPIREd? No?"

Hahaha, I don't hate you at all...I think you're great. It's comments like yours that help keep me motivated to keep this, actually any diary going. I love the way you pick up on the stuff within the backstage comments, such as the running gag I have going with Joshuya proving he still has 'it'....whatever 'it' may be.

The one about a show back, about 'it' being a new Hello Kitty Collectible was inspired, but that may be partly to do with the fact that my four year old niece is actually obsessed with Hello Kitty. :D

Hahaha, I don't hate you at all...I think you're great. It's comments like yours that help keep me motivated to keep this, actually any diary going. I love the way you pick up on the stuff within the backstage comments, such as the running gag I have going with Joshuya proving he still has 'it'....whatever 'it' may be.

The one about a show back, about 'it' being a new Hello Kitty Collectible was inspired, but that may be partly to do with the fact that my four year old niece is actually obsessed with Hello Kitty. :D

No it wasn't about you hating me it was because I wanted to vote against Nakasawa and Horri but Team INSPIRED seem to have the bigger issues currently so it makes sense for them to be at odds.

As for the Hello Kitty reference I teach middle school in South Korea, my students went to Japan for a week and one thing they most were looking forward to was Hello Kitty stuff. Also my six year old niece is in love with Hannah Montana and a Zuca bag (whatever that is.) Just referencing what I know. :)

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/BHOTWG-1.jpg?t=1268427909

Burn, Don't Freeze Tour - Show 36

-Best of the Super Juniors XI:The Warriors Beyond

Night Seven- Stage Complete

(Wednesday June 23rd 2010)

New Mei Sports Stadium, Kinki

(Attendance 7'088 )

Commentators: Toru Minamoto, Mitsuhide Muro & Katsuhiko Shunsen

Pre-Show

Match A: Yasuhiko Taira vs Tiger Fuyuki

Total squash, Fuyuki got in some token offence but this was always going to be matter of when not if Taira would pick up the win and The Bulldozer secured the victory with a Typhoon Suplex (Rotating Vertical Suplex).

Result: Yasuhiko Taira [w] bt Tiger Fuyuki in 2:28 via pinfall (Typhoon Suplex)

Match B: Barei Yasujiro vs Red Panther vs Stone Yoshikawa vs The Incredible Koyama

Perhaps due to the fact that the previous pre-show match was very short, this Junior Division 4-way got pretty good time almost going the whole distance of it's ten minute time limit. They responded by putting on a decent match to fire up the crowd before the main show. Everyone got to showcase their offence with Koyama coming close to victory with an Incredible Spike (Belly to Back Piledriver) on Red Panther, Panther himself coming close to victory with the Pantherplex (Pumphandle Double Arm German Suplex) on Yasujiro and Stone Yoshikawa almost scoring the win with the Superman Elbow on Panther. In the end though it was BOSJ Cup particpant Yasujiro who was able to come out on top when he pulled off the Mighty Mouse Air Attack (Sky Twister Press) to pin Koyama.

Result: Barei Yasujiro [w] bt Red Panther + Stone Yoshikawa + The Incredible Koyama [L] in 9:38 (Mighty Mouse Air Attack)

Post match The Behemoths (Nisso Yuahsa and Kanishoki) hit the ring and deliver a post match beatdown to all four Junior Division members. They quickly toss the three losers to the floor, before turning their attention to Barei Yasujiro. Yuasha delivers a Quake Bomb before Kanishoki follows up with a Samoan Sitting Squash, before stalking back up the ramp to disapproving glances from the crowd.

Rating: C-

Main Show

Match #1: BOSJ Cup Block A:

Golden Scorpion (7 Pts) vs VENOM (3 Pts)

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_GoldenScorpion-1.jpg vs http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_Venom-1.jpg

It's the final round of matches in the Block Stage of the BOSJ Cup....Golden Scorpion just needs to win here and no matter what happens later he is the semi finals, due to his strong head to head record with immediate challengers John Pathlow and Sensational Dragon should they all end up on ten points. VENOM however will not be a easy opponent and the RAGE man will be keen to finish the tournament as strongly as possible himself.

Scorpion doesn't want to hang around and tries to make a fast start as he ditches the usual feeling out process for a striking attack, VENOM weathers the storm however and catches Scorpion's leg on a spin kick attempt, instantly turning it into a Dragon Screw Legwhip. Scorpion instantly hobbles back to his feet but gets taken down with another Dragon Screw from VENOM.

The RAGE man then works over Scorpion's legs for a bit before he looked to apply the Sting In The Tail submission, Scorpion manages to kick VENOM off however and hobbles back up to his feet only to get nailed with a drop-kick from VENOM that send the Junior Tag champion to the floor.

VENOM doesn't do anything rash and simply waits for Scorpion to get back up....VENOM then tried to bring Scorpion back in the hard way with a suplex but the BHB man managed to block that and then tried to suplex VENOM to the floor. VENOM blocked that and they exchanged strikes, with Scorpion just about holding onto the ring ropes to prevent himself from dropping to the floor from the apron.

Scorpion however then managed to sneak in a knee to VENOM's groin and then stunned the RAGE man with a jawbreaker onto the top-rope. VENOM staggered backwards and Scorpion hit a springboard leg lariat. Scorpion then hobbled back up to his feet and was able to nail VENOM with a punt to the head, before the RAGE man could rise back to his feet, following up with a BRAINBUSTER....

One....

Two.....

Thr......

VENOM kicked out but remained rooted to the mat and Scorpion went out onto the ring-apron, as he looked for The Golden Shot, but the Junior Tag Champion took too long setting up and VENOM was back to his feet, nailing Scorpion with an Enziguri, before bringing the 'Gold and Black Attack' into the ring with a rope hung DDT.......

One......

Two.....

Scorpion kicked out but VENOM managed to get control of the Junior Tag Champion's legs and place Scorpion in the STING IN THE TAIL (Cross Kneelock).........

VENOM had managed to drag Scorpion into the centre of the ring and the 'Gold and Black Attack's' semi final hopes looked to be in serious jeopardy.......

But Scorpion wasn't going to give up that easily and dug down to find a second wind and make it to the ring ropes and force a rope break. VENOM stayed in control however instantly planting Scorpion back down to the canvas with an STO before heading up top . But Scorpion managed to get back to his feet, staggering 'conveniently' against the ring-rope causing VENOM to lose his balance.

Scorpion then climbed up top himself and appeared to be setting up for the ANEURYSM BRAINBUSTER but VENOM managed to fight it off and then shove Scorpion back down to the mat, before coming off to connect with a Diving Knee Drop.....

One...

Two......

VENOM then lifted Scorpion up to a vertical base and appeared to be setting up for the INFECTIOUS SPIKE (Spike DDT) but Scorpion managed to block and countered into a BRAINBUSTER before collapsing to the mat unable to follow up with an immediate pin attempt.

Scorpion then propped himself up against one of the corners, only for VENOM to come charging in with a V-STINGER (Shining Wizard Enziguri) but Scorpion moved out of the way at the last split second and VENOM ended up nailing nothing else but the turbuckle....Scorpion then crotched VENOM onto the turbuckle placing the RAGE man in the tree of woe position before unleashing a flurry of kicks.....VENOM dropped to the mat and Scorpion dragged the RAGE man into the middle of the ring before drilling VENOM into the mat with another BRAINBUSTER....

One.....

Two.....

Thr......

VENOM kicked out and then staggered back up to his feet, before trying to battle back with a flurry of strikes but Scorpion was able to easily weather the flurry to quickly plant VENOM into the canvas with the SCORPION STINGER (Leg Trap Sunset Flip Powerbomb)....

One.....

Two.....

Three !!

Golden Scorpion had secured the victory he needed to reach the semi finals. Now we wait to see if John Pathlow, Sensational Dragon or Scorpions' tag team partner The Awesome Kiyaru will join him.

Result: Golden Scorpion [w] bt VENOM [L] in 11:39 via pinfall (Scorpion Stinger)

Onodera's Assessment: Pretty good opening match from these two both are very solid members of the Junior Division and though VENOM has only ended the tournament with four points he has looked strong in his defeats and that's something we can build on moving forward into the next tour. Scorpion securing a semi final spot will come as something of a surprise to many as he was probably the fourth favourite in his block behind Dragon, Pathlow and Kiyaru. He is however a proven talent and one who he has just been a bit unluckly not to have reached the very top thus far, due to the consistent strength of the Junior Division over the years.

Post Match Comments:

Golden Scorpion: Many many people had me written off as a serious contender for the Best of the Super Juniors, oh how wrong you all were because no matter what happens later I'm in the semi finals and I won't be heading into the semi's just to make up the numbers, even if I have to go through my 'brothers' Kiyaru and Cobra, I will be the one lifting the trophy at Inferno of Purity!

VENOM: There is no such thing as taking pride in defeat, I lost simple as......But I'm not going to sit here feeling sorry for myself, because I WILL raise my game to a new level and when Burning Hammer returns for it's new tour after Inferno of Purity, you will all be witness to a more deadlier strain of VENOM.

Match #2: BOSJ Cup Block A:

John Pathlow (7 Pts) vs Super Joshuya (0 Pts)

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_HellMonkey_alt2.jpg vs http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_SuperJoshuya-1.jpg

With Scorpion's victory...John Pathlow need to win to have any chance of making the semi finals. That win will put Dragon out of the running, due to Pathlow's head to head victory over the Junior Champion but the INSPIRE man must hope that Dragon will still be motivated enough to at least take Kiyaru to a draw.

It comes to no one's surprise that Pathlow presses hard in the beginning with his relentless striking and kicking combinations and Joshuya does what any wise veteran would do and bails from the ring, rather than trying to go toe to toe with the hard hitting INSPIRE man.

Pathlow's in no mood to wait around though for Joshuya to get back into the ring and pursues the Dragon Feet 2K9 man round the ring only to be caught with a leg lariat and then taken down with a spinning headscissors that sends Pathlow out of the ring and Joshuya then takes flight wiping the INSPIRE man out with a Corkscrew Plancha.

Joshuya then pitched Pathlow back into the ring and went for a cover...the INSPIRE man kicked out emphatically and then began to back Joshuya up again with another flurry of stiff strikes....Pathlow then whipped Joshuya into the corner and then charged in with the BLUNT FORCE TRAUMA (Running Leaping Side Kick) but Joshuya managed to move out of the way, slipping under the ring-ropes to then plant Pathlow onto the canvas with a springboard bulldog. Pathlow then staggered back up to his feet and Joshuya rolled up 'Rapid Fire' with a La Magistral Cradle......

One....

Two....

Thr.....

Pathlow kicked out and then nailed Joshuya with a stiff kick. Before taking the Nippon Luchadore over with a Snapmare to then deliver a flurry of stiff kicks to the back and chest before nailing Joshuya with a low sweeping kick to the head.

One......

Two.....

Thr......

Joshuya managed to kick out of that and Pathlow dragged the 'Nippon Lucadore' up to his feet and set up for the KILL DRILL (Double Underhook Piledriver) but Joshuya managed to block that by going down to one knee....Pathlow then switched to peppering Joshuya with a flurry of chops, before trying to set up for the KILL DRILL again but Joshuya took Pathlow by surprise with a Victory Roll......

One.....

Two...

Thr.....

Pathlow kicked out and then went to nail Joshuya with a Roundhouse Kick, only for the 2004 BOSJ Cup winner to duck under and then take Pathlow off his feet with a leg-sweep before instantly following up with a Quebrada.

That earned Joshuya a two count, and the 'Nippon Luchadore' headed up top. But just as Joshuya was setting up for the Due South (Corkscrew Moonsault), Pathlow was back to his feet and he brought Joshuya crashing back into the ring with a belly to back superplex.

Pathlow then nailed Joshuya with a roundhouse kick but was oblious to the fact that the force of the kick was so hard it sent Joshuya into referee Koetsu Shinozaki who instantly fell face first into the canvas before Pathlow planted Joshuya with a Bridging German Suplex......

Pathlow had Joshuya down for a three count but Shinozaki was not there to make the count, to the INSPIRE man's immediate frustration. Pathlow then decided to drag Joshuya into position and headed up top, obviously with the Heart Compactor (Diving Double Knee Drop in mind) but as Pathlow set up, Joshuya's tag team partner American Optimus hopped up onto the apron and then nailed Pathlow with a Kendo Stick.

Oblivious to what his partner just did Joshuya staggered back up to his feet, shocked to see Pathlow sitting prone on the top-rope....Joshuya then brought the INSPIRE man crashing back in with the POSTCARD FROM ACAPULCO (Slingshot Hurrucanrana).......

At that point Shinozaki came to.......

One......

Two......

Thr......

Pathlow's survival instincts kicked in, as he managed to kick out but Joshuya wasn't about to let the opportunity presented to him go to waste and he immediately planted Pathlow back down to the canvas with the J-DROP (Flip Over DDT)......

One......

Two.....

Three !!

Super Joshuya had pulled off a huge upset victory, salvaging pride for himself and denying John Pathlow a place in the semi finals. However Joshuya's mood soon changes when he see's American Optimus standing ringside with Kendo Stick in hand, realising that his victory wasn't entirely earned all by himself.

Result: Super Joshuya [w] bt John Pathlow [L] in 12:04 via pinfall (J-Drop)

Onodera's Assessment: They did a good job here of making sure Pathlow remained looking strong in defeat and making sure that the American Optimus inference didn't detract too much from the match. The booking for this tournament was always intended for Pathlow to look really strong against those lined up to do well in the tournament but to drop points to those who he was tipped to easily beat and that costing him a place in the semi finals. The manner of Joshuya's victory also adds extra intrigue to his increasingly fragile relationship with American Optimus.

Post Match Comments:

John Pathlow is so incensed by his loss that he doesn't even want to make any comments and instead punches a hole in a locker, kicks a trash can and then storms off angrily huffing and puffing.

Super Joshuya: I should be sitting here proud of the fact that I avoided going the whole tournament without a single point to my name, convinced that I do still have 'it' but thanks to the intervention of American Optimus, I can't do that because fact is I now feel like I've cheated Pathlow-san out of a victory.....I mean what the hell does Optimus-san think he is playing at ?

Right on cue American Optimus, still holding the Kendo-stick he used to nail Pathlow with walks in on Joshuya's interview....

American Optimus: What am I playing at? I was helping you win, come on you could be a bit more grateful?

Super Joshuya: I win and lose by my own accord I do not need your help.....

American Optimus: Well you're going to need my help when we team together to take on Size of the Fight at Inferno of Purity.....There's a tag title shot on the line and I'm going into that match to win.

Super Joshuya: And don't you think I will be too Optimus-san?

American Optimus: Not sure

Super Joshuya: Oh I want to win all right, just not with the cheap methods you are resorting to.

American Optimus: A wins a win Joshuya-san....that's all I care about and it's all you should care about too.

Match #3: BOSJ Cup Block B:

Elemental III (8 Pts) vs Kansuke Konda (4 Pts)

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_ElementalIII.jpg vs http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_KansukeKonda-1.jpg

With the very real likelyhood of the final standings ending up as a three way tie at the top of the standings between Elemental III, Masuko and Cobra the Third Generation icon has the trump card up his sleeve of his victory over Masuko being in considerably quicker time than Cobra's last ditch victory over himself, so a victory over Konda would see him into the semi finals.

They kick things off with a few chain wrestling exchanges that end in a series of stale-mates, Elemental III then attacks with more urgency, switching to kicks and strikes but Konda is able to stand up to that and weathers the storm before taking the Third Generation Icon by surprise with a roll-up.

Elemental III manages to kick out of that but gets taken down with Lariat from Konda for a two count. Konda then pummels Elemental III with a series of fore-arm smashes before setting up for a German Suplex with a waistlock but the Third Generation Icon fights out with a series of Elbows and forces a standing switch before trying for the Elemental Suplex....Konda however manages to grab the ropes to prevent Elemental III from doing so forces another standing switch himself and flings the 2008 cup winner overhead with a release German suplex before levelling Elemental III with another Lariat.

That gets another two count for the Big Fight Player who then lifts Elemental III up for the KONDA DRIVER (Fisherman Driver) but the 'Third Generation Icon' is able to block the attempt and then plants Konda into the mat with a Reverse STO before applying the ELEMENTAL CLUTCH.

Konda is the type to fight hard in every match, no matter how little is on the line for himself and he digs down deep to drag himself and Elemental III over to the ring ropes and force the rope break. Konda then began to reseize the momentum after the rope break with a flurry of fore-arms and lined up for another Lariat only for Elemental III to respond with a drop-kick that sent the 'Big Fight Player' out to the floor.

Elemental III then launched himself over the top-rope with his trademark Elemental Space Flying Drop only for Konda to move out of the way slip back into the ring and then wipe the 'Third Generation Icon' out with a Tope Con Hilo.

Konda then pitched Elemental III into the ring and after going for a cover, planted the 2008 BOSJ cup winner back onto the canvas with a scoop slam before heading up top.....

Konda then came crashing down upon Elemental III with the KONDA SPLASH (Frog splash)....

But Elemental III got the knees up and then immediately planted Konda with the ELEMENTAL SUPLEX.....

One......

Two....

Thr.....

Konda kicked out but remained rooted to the mat and this time Elemental III headed for the top turbuckle, but before the 'Third Generation Icon' could take flight Konda was back to his feet, and was soon joining Elemental III on the top turnbuckle....Konda then tried for a top-rope KONDA KUTTER but Elemental III was able to block the attempt, before shoving Konda back down to the mat....Konda then immediately got back to his feet only to be drilled into the mat with a Tornado DDT.

Elemental III then lifted Konda back up to a vertical base before driving the Big Fight Player back onto the canvas with the EARTH BREAKER (Double Underhook Powerbomb).....

One......

Two....

Three

Elemental III had secured the victory that will send him through to the semi finals.

Result: Elemental III [w] bt Kansuke Konda [L] in 12:19 via pinfall (Earth Breaker)

Onodera's Assessment: Despite the fact that the result should never have been in doubt, they put on a solid match here and managed to convince the fans that this was a competitive match up with a chance of Konda-san pulling off the upset against Elemental III.

Post match Comments:

Elemental III: The legacy of this mask that I wear drives me on to be the best, and I will be the best of the Super Juniors. Whoever I face at Inferno of Purity I will be more determined to lift that trophy because I have the greatest legacy in all of wrestling to live up to.

Kansuke Konda: I was never going to go out there and make it easy for Elemental-san, because that's not who I am.....and you know what he beat me, he beat me fair and square just as it should be and I truly hope that he does go and capture the cup now...because he deserve to, he truly does.

Match #4: Tadiyuki Kikkawa, Tasuku Iesada, Masaaki Okazaki & Chuichi Sanda vs

Hiroaki Nakasawa, Kinnojo Horri, Tadakuni Toshusai & Takayuki Onodera

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_TadiyukiKikkawa.jpghttp://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_TasukuIesada.jpghttp://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_MasaakiOkazaki.jpghttp://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_ChuichiSanda-1.jpg

vs

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/HiroakiNakasawa-1.jpg?t=1268429324http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_KinnojoHorri_jhdTiger11.jpghttp://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_TadakuniToshusai_USPW1.jpghttp://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/TakayukiAvatar.jpg?t=1268428948

The Burning Sekigun have dominated the Black Heart Brethren in recent weeks and now face a Team INSPIRE who don't appear to be pulling together on the same page, however INSPIRE have for the most part gotten the better of the Sekigun throughout the tour, especially when lead into battle by Kikkawa.

The match began in low key fashion with frequent tagging in and out and no side really able to seize the advantage until Takayuki Onodera was tripped up from the apron by Masaaki Okazaki. That put INSPIRE in control but Onodera was able to avoid an Explosion Kick from Sanda, before dropping the trial member with a side-slam, which was enough to buy Onodera some time to get the tag into Hiroaki Nakasawa. The World Champion dropped Sanda with a series of Lariats before making the cover....

One....

Two....

Thr....

Sanda then quickly rolled out of the ring, avoiding being reeled in for one of Nakasawa's powerbomb variations. Nakasawa then tagged in Tadakuni Toshusai at that point, but Wild Charisma was scythed down from behind by Tasuku Iesada as the rest of Team INSPIRE distracted referee Yasuyuki Terakado.

Toshusai was then dragged into the INSPIRE corner, where 'Wild Charisma' was methodically worked over before being placed in the CENTURY CRAB LIFT by Masaaki Okazaki but Toshusai dug down deep and was able to force a rope break.

Okazaki then looked like he was going to turn things over to Kikkawa but decided to tag in Iesada instead, much to the Team INSPIRE leader's frustration, at that proved to be a mistake as Toshusai battled back, overpowering Iesada with some intense brawling before getting the tag into Kinnojo Horri.

Horri continued to dish out the punishment to Iesada, levelling the 2009 Super 10 Cup Winner with a series of Lariats, before making the cover...

One....

Two...

Thr......

Kikkawa intervened to make the save, and the match began to break-down as both squads poured into the ring and then out of the floor, as the match descended into a wild brawl.

Referee Terakado did manage to restore some order and it re-settled with the team leaders Nakasawa and Kikkawa going toe to toe in the ring, neither man was giving an inch and after both went for Lariats at the same time, the result was a double knockout that left both of them looking up at the lights.

It then became a race to see who could tag out first, but Team INSPIRE weren't about to find out and they rushed the ring to knock the rest of the Sekigun off the apron, that drew a warning from Terakado but the damage had been done and Nakasawa was left isolated in the 'wrong part of town'.

INSPIRE then methodically worked over Nakasawa, as the rest of the Burning Sekigun looked on in frustration.....the World Champion kicked out of a series of pins from basic suplexes and bodyslams from the INSPIRE quartet.....which whilst not effective moves to put someone the calibre of Nakasawa away by themselves were gradually beginning to wear down the 'H-Bomb' combined with the energy he was having to use to kick out.

Kikkawa then signalled it was time to 'finish' Nakasawa (who was struggling to get back to his feet) but Okazaki made a 'blind' tag and seeing the tag Terakado immediately ordered Kikkawa out of the ring. The King of Fighters looked far form happy, mouthing something inaudible to the audience at 'No Mercy'.

Okazaki then set up for the Kick Barrage, but Nakasawa blocked the first kick and then rising back to his feet planted 'No Mercy' into the canvas with the NAKASAWA NECKBREAKER (Inverted Swinging Neckbreaker).....

The using every last ounce of adrenaline left Nakasawa scrambled across the ring, getting the tag into Takayuki Onodera. Onodera then prevented Okazaki from tagging out before lifting up No Mercy with an Inverted Facelock to deliver the CALL THE DOCTOR (Inverted Facelock lifted Scoop Slam Piledriver)........

One.......

Two......

Thr......

Tasuku Iesada dived in to make the save and then planted Onodera with the IESADA BRIDGE (Briding Northern Lights Suplex)....However referee Terakado was quick to point out that the 2009 Super 10 Cup winner was not the legal man and discounted Iesada's pin attempt.

That however brought Okazaki time to officially tag Iesada into the match, and the 'Dangerous' one prevented Onodera from tagging out before placing the 'Iron Man' in the IESADA SPECIAL (Bridging Cross Arm Breaker)

But just as it looked like Onodera was about to tap out, Toshusai dived in to make the save before being quickly ordered back to his corner. Iesada then tagged in Sanda and propped up Onodera in position for Sanda to nail the Wild Fire man with an Explosion Kick (Running Big Boot) but Onodera ducked out of the way and Sanda instead accidently connected with Iesada instead.

Onodera then managed to tag out to Kinnojo Horri and 'Mr One Million Per Cent Burning Hammer' cleaned house, before planting Iesada with the HORRI SPINEBUSTER (Sitout Spinebuster)......

One......

Two....

Thr.....

Okazaki made the save, peppering Horri with a Kick Barrage before officially tagging into the match but Horri was able to fight off 'No Mercy's attempt to lock on the Crab Lift and 'Mr One Million Per Cent Burning Hammer' levelled Okazaki with a Lariat before sending 'No Mercy' crashing into the canvas with a FIERCE SPINEBUSTER (High Angle Spinebuster)......

One......

Two.......

Thr.......

This time Chuichi Sanda made the save, and then nailed Horri with the EXPLOSION KICK II (Spin Kick) but Horri just shook it off and came right back with a Lariat to level Sanda. Horri then lifted Sanda back up to a vertical base and planted the former RAGE man into the mat with a DESTINY BOMB (Gutwrench Powerbomb)......

One....

Two.....

Kikkawa looked like he was about to make the save, but then suddenly stopped and climbed down off the apron.

Three !!!

The Burning Sekigun had emerged victorious but the question is why didn't Kikkawa make the save for his team?

Result: Hiroaki Nakasawa, Kinnojo Horri [w], Tadakuni Toshusai & Takayuki Ondoera bt Tadiyuki Kikkawa, Tasuku Iesada, Masaaki Okazaki & Chuichi Sanda [L] in 20:53 via pinfall (Destiny Bomb)

Onodera's Assessment: An entertaining eight man tag that the crowd were really into, anytime Kikkawa and Nakasawa step into the ring with another a real buzz is always generated and the decension in the INSPIRE camp added an extra layer of intrigue to the match.

Post Match Comments:

Hiroaki Nakasawa: We've proven that we are stronger than the Black Heart Brethren, and INSPIRE look to be falling apart under the weight of their own ego, RAGE have no direction right now and Dragon Feet 2K9 you are dangerous opponents but you do not have the strength of the Burning Sekigun, and as long as I am World Champion the Sekigun will always be Ichiban.

Kinnojo Horri: And if ever I am World Champion again and it will happen one day, the Burning Sekigun will still be Ichiban.

Tadiyuki Kikkawa: Weak, weak, weak..... Team INSPIRE came in and we were the dominant force, and now look at us. Pathlow is failing me, Okazaki is failing me, Sanda has not proven his worth and Iesada, yes even Iesada has failed me....he was supposed to be World Champion by now...I have given him every opportunity to win that title but he like all the others who hang around me has failed me too. It's time they all proved their worth at Inferno of Purity......because I set the standards for Team INSPRE and no one, absolutely no one right now is meeting my standards.

Match #5: American Optimus, Shimedzu & Miyamae vs

Mitsunari Fuganaga, Toshiki Shibanumo & Yoshii Shiomi

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_BlackEagle_alt5.jpghttp://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/Shimedzu-1.jpg?t=1268429674http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_Miyamae-1.jpg

vs

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_MitsunariFugunaga.jpghttp://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_ToshikiShibanumo-1.jpghttp://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_YoshiiShiomi-1.jpg

Time filler Six Man Tag, that saw the RAGE trio battle bravely and controlled the early going with Shiomi coming close to pulling out the upset with a Jewel Breaker (Springboard Cutter) on Miyamae. But after that they found themselves overmatched when up against the slicker tag team work of the Dragon Feet 2K9 trio, especially from The Rebellion and it was the former Tag Team champions who combined on a Spiked Skull Drop to put away Mitsunari Fuganaga after American Optimus dive to the floor wiped out Shibanumo and Shiomi to pick up the victory.

Result: American Optimus, Shimedzu [w] & Miyamae bt Mitsunari Fuganaga [L], Toshiki Shibanumo & Yoshii Shiomi in 11:05 via pinfall (Spiked Skull Drop)

Onodera's Assessment: The great tag team work of The Rebellion lifted what was basically a time filler/extended squash to something alot more enjoyable, than it has any right to be.

Post Match Comments:

Shimedzu: The Rebellion are as strong as we ever been as a team, and at Inferno of Purity we will do something we should have done a long time ago and recapture the World Tag Team Titles.

Miyamae: Be it in singles competion or Tag Team competion, 2010 will be remembered as our year !

Match #6: BOSJ Cup Block B:

Hyosuke Kokan (2 Pts) vs Haru Kurofuji (0 Pts)

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_HyosukeKokan-1.jpg vs http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_HaruKurofuji.jpg

There was little more than pride on the line in this BOSJ Cup match up and with more fans intererested in seeing The Rebellion showcasing what they do best in the preceding match this ended up being an opportunity for much of the crowd to hit the Ramen stands.

The match began with the usual chain wrestling exchange common for Junior Division matches, with neither man really able to seize the advantage. That changed when Hyosuke Kokan managed to get Kurofuji trapped in a Double Chickewing.....Kurofuji tried to fight out of it but was taken over with the ELECTRIC SHOCKER SUPLEX for a close two count.

The Size of the Fight man then headed up top, but was cut off by Kurofuji who then brought Kokan crashing back into the ring with a superplex. Kurofuji then tried to place Kokan in the Kurofuji Crab but the Electric Live Wire fought off the attempt and then sent Kurofuji to the floor with a drop-kick.

Kokan then went for a suicide dive only for Kurofuji to move out of the way leading to Kokan crashing head first into the barricade. Kokan kicked out of Kurofuji's subsequent cover but was planted into the mat with a German Suplex for a two count, before the Universal Excellence man headed up top.

Kurofuji then soared off the top-rope with the KAMIKZAZE HEADBUTT (Long Range Flying Headbutt) and managed to connect upon Kokan's sternum, before the Size of the Fight man could move out of the way and it was enough for Kurofuji to score the one, two, three and salvage some pride by recording a victory in this years tournament.

Result: Haru Kurofuji [w] bt Hyosuke Kokan [L] in 10:45 via pinfall (Kamikaze Headbutt).

Onodera's Assessment: The match itself wasn't bad but fact was the crowd didn't care, there is always going to be a point where especially coming towards the end where some of the matches in these Block based tournaments are pretty meaningless and the fans aren't really going to care all that much and this sadly for Kokan-san and Kurofuji-san was one of them.

Post Match Comments:

Haru Kurofuji: This years Best of the Super Juniors was a tough one for me, I will admit that and I know I will need to raise my game, if I want to compete with the best here in Burning Hammer...I'm more relieved than proud that I got a victory....but there's something else I need to address. Behemoth's you're not going to stop are you ? You're not going to stop attacking me and Yasujiro-san until we have been put out of action are you.....well I've had enough and so has Yasujiro-san. So we'll take you on again all right, we'll take you on at Inferno of Purity...our diary is free...but the team that loses be it you or us will be forced to split up and the loser of the fall will be forced to leave Burning Hammer. At Inferno of Purity it comes to an end.

Hyosuke Kokan: After beating Konda-san, I go and lose to Kurofuji-san. No disrespect to Kurofuji-san but I really should be winning that match...but whats done is done and Konda-san and I will have an opportunity to get back to what we do best. At Inferno of Purity we will beat Optimum-Impact and come the new tour we will recapture the Junior Tag Team Championship.

Match #7: BOSJ Cup Block A:

Sensational Dragon (7 Pts) vs The Awesome Kiyaru (8 Pts)

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_SensationalDragon_jhd21.jpg vs http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_TheAwesomeKiyaru-1.jpg

This was always going to be the pivotal match in Block A, and following John Pathlow's shock defeat to Super Joshuya it comes even more pivotal as the defending cup holder Sensational Dragon's hopes of retaining the trophy have been kept alive. Dragon however does need to win, whilst Kiyaru only needs a draw to secure a spot in the semi finals.

Dragon needs to win so he tries to eschew the feeling out process and attacks with kicks and strikes, Kiyaru though quickly bails to the floor which frustrates the Junior champion, though Dragon keeps his cool and simply waits for the BHB man to get back into the ring.

Dragon tries to press with kicks and strikes but once again Kiyaru bails to the floor, to the increasing frustration of the defending cup holder. Dragon's patience wears thin this time and he launches himself to the outside with a springboard diving crossbody that sends both himself and Kiyaru sprawling into the crowd. Such a high risk manouevre does almost result in a double count out but Dragon manages to pick himself from amongst the carnage of sprawled ringside seating and rolls back into the ring to break up referee Umeki's twenty count.

Dragon then went to pitch Kiyaru into the ring but the three time BOSJ cup winner sneakily dug a chair into Dragon's gut, before planting the Junior Champion onto another chair with a DDT. Kiyaru then scrambled back into the ring and waited for Umeki to count Dragon out.....

Dragon did managed to pick himself up but as soon as he was able to get back onto the apron, Kiyaru knocked him back down the floor. Dragon picked himself up again and this time held firm when Kiyaru tried to knock him off, before stunning the Junior Tag Champion with a leaping kick that staggered Kiyaru backwards. Dragon then took Kiyaru down with a springboard leg lariat before snapping off a spinning headcissors and then applying the DRAGON'S CROSS ( Multi rotation armbar) to Kiyaru.

Kiyaru began to fight his way out of the submission only for Dragon to quickly convert into a crucifix pin.....

One....

Two....

Thr....

Kiyaru kicked out and before Dragon could keep the pressure on, was able to once again bail to the floor and began to head up the entrance ramp....Dragon immediately gave chase and they began to engage in a brawl on the entrance ramp, Dragon seemed to gain control and tried to suplex Kiyaru onto the ramp, but the three time cup winner managed to block and then plant Dragon with a reverse STO, Kiyaru then headed back towards the ring but saw Dragon drag his body up off the ramp and then waited for the Junior Champion to get near before wiping Dragon out with an Arabian Press.

Kiyaru though he had done enough to keep Dragon down, but with the floor count at 18 Dragon did manage to pick himself up and dive back into the ring. Dragon the avoided a spin kick from Kiyaru before snaring the BHB man into a Full Nelson that he immediatelty converted into a DRAGON SUPLEX......

One....

Two....

Thr.....

Dragon then headed up top, but Kiyaru staggered back up to his feet and then shook the ring-ropes causing the Junior Champion to lose his balance. Kiyaru then brought Dragon crashing back into the ring with a hurracanrana before snapping off the Tilt-A-Whirl Russian Leg sweep for a two count.

Kiyaru then went out onto the apron, to set up for the ETHEREAL KILLER (Springboard Shooting Star Press) but Dragon picked himself up off his feet and then stunned Kiyaru with a leaping kick that sent the 'Dark Enigma' crashing to the floor......

Dragon then pulled off a spectacular double springboard moonsault to the outside, before pitching the shell shocked Kiyaru back into the ring......

One......

Two.....

Thr......

Kiyaru kicked out and Dragon lined up to nail the three time cup winner with a superkick but Kiyaru managed to avoid getting nailed with the superkick and then took Dragon by surprise with a quick roll up........

One.....

Two.......

Dragon kicked out, but Kiyaru then connected with a back heel kick before planting Dragon onto the mat with a Falcon Arrow.......

One.......

Two.......

Dragon kicked out but Kiyaru continued to seize back the momentum with another kick combination before heading up top. Kiyaru then appeared to be setting up for the Magic Cloud but Dragon was able to pick himself back up off the mat and cut Kiyaru off, but the 'Dark Enigma' managed to send Dragon back down to the mat, before launching off with a moonsault only for the Sensational One to get the knees up.

Dragon then connected with a superkick, before setting up for the DRAGON SLICE (Shiranui), Kiyaru tried his best to fight it off but the Sensational One was able to pull it off , planting Kiyaru ont the canvas.

One.....

Two....

Thr.....

To Dragon's immediate frustration, Kiyaru managed to kick out......

The three time BOSJ Cup winner remained rooted to the mat however and Dragon headed up top....

But as Dragon steadied himself waiting for Kiyaru to get up in order to pull off the Sensation Shock , the BHB man managed to 'accidently' stumble into referee Omura Umeki as he began to rise to his feet, causing the referee to take a bump to the floor.

Kiyaru then blew Black Mist into Dragon's face, and though Dragon's mask protected him from the mist's effects it was enough to obscure his vision and for Kiyaru to rock the Sensational One with a leaping Enziguri......

Dragon then sat upon the top turnbuckle before the 'Dark Enigma' sent Dragon crashing back into the ring with a top rope KIYARU EFFECT (Forward Somersault Stunner)

At that point referee Omura Umeki regathered his senses......

One......

Two.....

Three !!

The Awesome Kiyaru literally stole a spot in the semi finals, ensuring that both of the Junior Tag Team Champions had a chance of winning the Best of the Super Juniors and that Sensational Dragon would not be making a successful defence of the trophy.

Result: The Awesome Kiyaru [w] bt Sensational Dragon [L] in 22:21 via pinfall (Avalanche Kiyaru Effect)

Onodera's Assessment: Kiyaru-san's time wasting antics did mean that the match did take some time to get going, but it would have felt odd if we did not acknowledge the fact that Dragon was the one desperate for victory. Once it did kick up a few gears, this was a very solid Junior Division match between two strong competitors.

Straight after the match and with Kiyaru heading down the entrance ramp celebrating, Sensational Dragon picks up a microphone....

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_SensationalDragon_jhd21.jpg

Sensational Dragon: Kiyaru-san you screwed me, you know you've just screwed me out of retaining the Best of the Super Juniors.....but you know what there's nothing I can do about it.....because when one door closes another one opens. Winning the Best of the Super Juniors, been there done that.....no what i'm going to do his take up someone on a very enticing offer one someone of my Sensational stature is surely deserving of.....

Who's challenge am I answering to ?

Nakasawa-san come on out here, because I'm stepping up !

The World Champion Hiroaki Nakasawa does come out with a slightly puzzled expression.....

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_HiroakiNakasawa_jhdSuit1.jpg?t=1280446349

Hiroaki Nakasawa: You want to challenge me for....this ! (Taps the World Championship belt slung across his shoulder)......

Sensational Dragon: Yes, because everyone knows I am the most Sensational wrestler in the world and that that only someone as Sensational as I, am deserving of being World Champion.

Hiroaki Nakasawa: Sensational you may be, but you're a Junior wrestler....

Sensational Dragon: Ok if I'm just a Junior wrestler, then you shouldn't be afraid to put that belt on the line against me.....

Hiroaki Nakasawa: Oh I'm not afraid, I'm just not sure you qualify to face me.

Sensational Dragon: Well don't you think it's time to throw out the weight restrictions, because I think if you're good enough and I believe I am, you should be good enough to challenge for the World Championship.

Hiroaki Nakasawa: Maybe you are good enough, and I'll face you Dragon but at Inferno of Purity I want to put this belt on the line, and you do.....

At that point BHOTWG president Tetsuzan Kaneko comes out......

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_TetsuzanKaneko.jpg?t=1280446349

Tetsuzan Kaneko: Nakasawa-san, Dragon-san I will intervene...at BHOTWG we want to see the best taking on the best and though the World Championship is technically just for Heavyweights on rare occasions it is allowed for a Junior Division wrestler to challenge if we feel they are good enough. Dragon-san you were unlucky not to make it into the semi finals of the Best of the Super Juniors tournament and you have been a strong Junior Champion, therefore we feel you deserving enough to answer Nakasawa-san's open challenge for a shot at the Burning World Championship.

Sensational Dragon looks delighted at what Kaneko has just said

Sensational Dragon: Thank you very much for the opportunity Kaneko-san, I will not let anyone down, in fact I will show everyone, Nakasawa-san especially just how Sensational I am by taking that World Championship belt away from him....

Hiroaki Nakasawa: Dragon-san, I'm pleased for you, I'm pleased thay you get an opportunity to fight for this....but by the time we're finished at Inferno of Purity, you probably won't be that pleased that you challenged me, because you'll find out the hard way just why I am Burning World Champion!

Post Match Comments:

The Awesome Kiyaru: You are looking at the most dominant wrestler in the history of the Best of the Super Juniors but it has been too long since I have won the trophy, and this year that will change, that will all change.

Match #8: BOSJ Cup Block B:

Black Cobra (10 Pts) vs Marihito Masuko (8 Pts)

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_DuaneStone_alt1.jpg vs http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_MarihitoMasuko-1.jpg

If the semi final between Sensational Dragon and The Awesome Kiyaru had alot riding on it, this one is just as pivotal, perhaps more so. Black Cobra has lead the standings all the way with a perfect record but knows that defeat will see him out of the competition at the last hurdle. Marihito Masuko needs to win, knowing that a draw won't be good enough due to Elemental III's victory earlier.

Masuko trys to force a fast pace at the start of the match, but Cobra manages to take things to the mat and whilst the 'Painted Wonder' is able to escape a string of holds from the 2007 BOSJ Cup Winner, he looks frustrated that he has been the one forced to be the one having to fight defensively.

Cobra begins to assert his authority even more frustrating Masuko with a series of headlock takedowns. before the 'Painted Wonder' roles out of the ring to regroup, which suits Cobra just fine, as all he needs is a draw to make it through.

However what Masuko rolling out of the ring to regroup did do is take Cobra out of his rhythm and when Masuko re-enters he avoids a cheap shot attempt from the BHB man and then nails Cobra with a leg lariat, that becomes the cataylst for Masuko to reel off a string of arm-drags before rolling up a disorientated Cobra with a La Magistral Cradle.....

Cobra kicks out and this time it's his turn to head to the floor to try and regroup, Masuko however didn't have the patience to wait around like Cobra earlier and went out onto the apron to then wipe out Cobra with an Arabian Press.

Masuko then went to pitch Cobra into the ring, but 'Canadian Darkness' sneaked in a low blow and then drilled Masuko into the ring apron with a DDT. Cobra then whipped Masuko against the guard-rail, and then wrapped the dazed Masuko around the ring-post before delivering a pin point running drop-kick to Masuko's left shoulder.

Cobra then pitched the 2006 Cup winner back into the ring and then made a cover.....

Masuko kicked out at two, but Cobra was now fully in control and he continued to work over the shoulder of the 'Painted Wonder'. Cobra then lifted Masuko up, ready to plant the Burning Sekigun man with a StonePlex but Masuko was able to block and then countered with a Reverse STO before collapsing to the mat, too worn down to follow up with an immediate cover.

As they both got back to their feet, Masuko was the one able to seize back the momentum, stunning Cobra with a Leg Lariat and then snapping off a head-scissors take down, before pulling off the PINK DUST (Double Jump Moonsault).....

One.....

Two.....

Thr.....

Cobra kicked out and Masuko tried to lift Cobra up for the MASUKO CRADLE (Bridging Leg Hook Belly to Back Suplex) but as he tried to lift Cobra up, Masuko's arm gave way and Cobra was able to slip out, force a standing switch and then plant Masuko with a Belly to Back Suplex.

That got Cobra a two count, before 'Canadian Darkness' headed up top as Masuko remained planted to the canvas, Cobra then soared off the top turbuckle with the FROM CANADA WITH LOVE (Swandive Headbutt) but Masuko moved out of the way at the last split second.

Masuko then snapped off a spinning headscissors before placing Cobra in the PINK DREAM (Straight Jacket Triangle Choke) but the 'Painted Wonder' was unable to maintain his grip, giving Cobra a reprieve.

Masuko then went out onto the apron and looked to set up for the INTO THE WHITE (Springboard Bulldog) only for Cobra to stagger into the ring-ropes, causing Masuko to lose his balance, sending the 'Painted Wonder' crashing back into the ring. Masuko then pulled himself back up against the turnbuckle only for Cobra to nail the 2006 Cup Winner with a corner dropkick.

Cobra then dragged Masuko out of the corner and then planted the 'Painted Wonder' with a STONEPLEX (Bridging Northern Lights Suplex).......

One.....

Two....

Thr.....

After Masuko kicked out, Cobra patientially waited for the 2006 BOSJ Cup winner to get up before snapping off a Tilt-A-Whirl Headscissors that he immediately transitioned into the ALABASTER AGONY (Leg Hook Spinning Headscissors Arm Bar).....

Cobra wrenched back on the left arm of Masuko and the 'Painted Wonder' looked to be in severe discomfort.......

But just when it looked like Masuko was ready to tap out, driven by his desire to advance in the BOSJ Cup at Cobra's expense Masuko found a second wind, rising to his feet, fighting his way out of the hold and then suddenly stunning Cobra with a MASUKO CRADLE SHOCK (Swinging Leg Hook Fireman's Carry Slam)....

But Masuko was too worn down to make an immediate cover and both competitors lay on the mat as referee Yasuyuki Terakado applied a double count.....

Cobra didn't have to get up a draw was going to do him just fine.....

At seven Masuko hauled himself up off the mat and dived onto Cobra......

One.....

Two.....

Thr......

Cobra kicked out !! Masuko paced around with a frustration before attempting to lift Cobra up for another MASUKO CRADLE SHOCK, but this time Cobra blocked and then took Masuko down to the mat with a double leg takedown before attempting to get the 'Painted Wonder' turned over for the STONE HOLD (Sharpshooter) but Masuko kicked Cobra away before seizing back the momentum with an arm-drag.

Cobra then staggered into the corner, before Masuko nailed 'Canadian Darkness' with a running drop-kick. Masuko then pitched Cobra onto the top turbuckle. Masuko then tried to set Cobra up for an avalanche MASUKO CRADLE SHOCK, but his arm gave way as he tried to apply the Leg Hook.

Cobra then nailed Masuko with a series of fore-arms, before shoving Masuko down to the mat....

Masuko rises back to his feet but gets drilled with a missile drop-kick from Cobra.......

Cobra then double's over Masuko with a boot into the mid-section, places the 'Painted Wonder' in a double wrist clutch and then delivers the DEATH BY COBRA (Double Wrist Clutch Powerbomb)......

One......

Two....

Thr......

Masuko kicks out, but Cobra retains control and then delivers a second consecutive DEATH BY COBRA !!

One......

Two......

Three !!

Masuko wasn't going to kick out of that twice in a row ! Black Cobra advances to the semi finals with a perfect record, can he remain unbeaten all the way to claiming the Best of the Super Juniors for a second time?

Result: Black Cobra [w] bt Marihito Masuko [L] in 25:12 via pinfall ( Death By Cobra)

Rating: A

Onodera's Assessment: Excellent main event, but then we should come to expect this when Cobra-san in involved. There is arguably no one better on our roster, at carrying his opponents to great matches and this was no exception.

Post Match Comments:

Black Cobra (in English): I am the dominant force in Junior Heavyweight wrestling, not Masuko, not Dragon, not Elemental III, not even my 'Brothers' Scorpion and Kiyaru....I qualified for the semi finals with a perfect record and I will end this tournament with a perfect record and when all that's said and done I will win the Burning Junior Championship at Night of the Burning Hammer!

Marihito Masuko: The path to eternal wonder has closed before me, but a new path will open, a dark era threatens us all...we must get behind our fellow heroes and wish for them to be the victorious one.

Overall Rating: B

Onodera's Viewpoint: This was a solid final show in the tournament, and personally I feel deserving of a higher overall Rating (I'm still struggling to come to grips with the inconsitencies of the ARSEHOLES rating system). Also whilst it was frustrating not to see the venue near capacity (we had to paper over the upper tier), demand for this event was big enough to run in a larger building than the standard 5'000 seater venue we run for most tour shows.

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p></p><span>http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_BHOTWG_BSJ.jpg</span><p> </p><p> </p><p>

<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#006400;"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Best of the Super Juniors XI:</span></strong></span></span></p><p>

<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#a0522d;"><span style="color:#a0522d;"><span style="color:#556B2F;"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">The Warriors Beyond</span></strong></span></span></span></span></span><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#a0522d;"><span style="color:#a0522d;"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"> </span></strong></span></span></span></span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#a0522d;"><span style="color:#000000;"><strong>Final Standings:</strong></span></span></span><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#a0522d;"><span style="color:#000000;"> </span></span></span></p><p> </p><p>

<TABLE dir=ltr cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=12 width=565 border=1><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=bottom width="33%" height=0></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><strong><span style="color:#006400;">BLOCK A </span></strong></span></span></span></span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="17%" height=0></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><strong><span style="color:#006400;">W</span></strong></span></span></span></span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="17%" height=0></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><strong><span style="color:#006400;">L</span></strong></span></span></span></span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="17%" height=0></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><strong><span style="color:#006400;">T</span></strong></span></span></span></span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="17%" height=0></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><strong><span style="color:#006400;">Pts</span></strong></span></span></span></span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=bottom width="33%" height=0></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="color:#800080;">The Awesome Kiyaru</span></span></span></span></span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="17%" height=0></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="color:#800080;">5</span></span></span></span></span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="17%" height=0></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="color:#800080;">1</span></span></span></span></span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="17%" height=0></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="color:#800080;">0</span></span></span></span></span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="17%" height=0></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="color:#800080;">10</span></span></span></span></span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=bottom width="33%" height=0></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="color:#800080;">Golden Scorpion</span></span></span></span></span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="17%" height=0></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="color:#800080;">4</span></span></span></span></span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="17%" height=0></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="color:#800080;">1</span></span></span></span></span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="17%" height=0></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="color:#800080;">9</span></span></span></span></span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=bottom width="33%" height=0></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="color:#A0522D;">John Pathlow</span></span></span></span></span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="17%" height=0></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="color:#A0522D;">3</span></span></span></span></span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="17%" height=0></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="color:#A0522D;">2</span></span></span></span></span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="17%" height=0></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="color:#A0522D;">1</span></span></span></span></span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="17%" height=0></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="color:#A0522D;">7</span></span></span></span></span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=bottom width="33%" height=0></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="color:#A0522D;">Sensational Dragon</span></span></span></span></span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="17%" height=0></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="color:#A0522D;">3</span></span></span></span></span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="17%" height=0></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="color:#A0522D;">2</span></span></span></span></span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="17%" height=0></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="color:#A0522D;">1</span></span></span></span></span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="17%" height=0></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="color:#A0522D;">7</span></span></span></span></span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=bottom width="33%" height=0></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="color:#A0522D;">Barei Yasujiro</span></span></span></span></span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="17%" height=0></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="color:#A0522D;">4</span></span></span></span></span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="17%" height=0></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="color:#A0522D;">0</span></span></span></span></span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="17%" height=0></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="color:#A0522D;">4</span></span></span></span></span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=bottom width="33%" height=0></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="color:#A0522D;">VENOM</span></span></span></span></span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=bottom width="33%" height=0></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="color:#A0522D;">Super Joshuya</span></span></span></span></span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="17%" height=0></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="color:#A0522D;">5</span></span></span></span></span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="17%" height=0></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="color:#A0522D;">0</span></span></span></span></span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

<TABLE dir=ltr cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=12 width=565 border=1><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=bottom width="33%" height=0></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><strong><span style="color:#556B2F;">BLOCK B</span></strong></span></span></span></span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="17%" height=0></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><strong><span style="color:#556B2F;">W</span></strong></span></span></span></span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="17%" height=0></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><strong><span style="color:#556B2F;">L</span></strong></span></span></span></span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="17%" height=0></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><strong><span style="color:#556B2F;">T</span></strong></span></span></span></span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="17%" height=0></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><strong><span style="color:#556B2F;">Pts</span></strong></span></span></span></span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=bottom width="33%" height=0></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="color:#800080;">Black Cobra</span></span></span></span></span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="17%" height=0></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="color:#800080;">6</span></span></span></span></span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="17%" height=0></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="color:#800080;">0</span></span></span></span></span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="17%" height=0></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="color:#800080;">12</span></span></span></span></span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=bottom width="33%" height=0></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="color:#800080;">Elemental III</span></span></span></span></span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="17%" height=0></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="color:#800080;">5</span></span></span></span></span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="17%" height=0></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="color:#800080;">10</span></span></span></span></span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=bottom width="33%" height=0></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="color:#A0522D;">Marihito Masuko</span></span></span></span></span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="17%" height=0></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="color:#A0522D;">8</span></span></span></span></span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=bottom width="33%" height=0></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="color:#A0522D;">American Optimus</span></span></span></span></span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=bottom width="33%" height=0></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="color:#A0522D;">Kansuke Konda</span></span></span></span></span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=bottom width="33%" height=0></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="color:#A0522D;">Haru Kurofuji</span></span></span></span></span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="17%" height=0></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="color:#A0522D;">5</span></span></span></span></span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=bottom width="33%" height=0></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><span style="color:#A0522D;">Hyosuke Kokan</span></span></span></span></span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Semi finals and Finals will take place at the Inferno of Purity Supershow on Friday 25th June at the Ishikawa Stadium in Chubu, and broadcast on PPV with Emperor Sports. </p><p> </p><p>

The semi finals will see The Awesome Kiyaru take on Elemental III and Black Cobra face Golden Scorpion.</p>

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#a0522d;">BHOTWGPuroresu.com</span></span></span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#000000;"><strong>Sekigun/INSPIRE Post Show Confrontation/</strong></span></p><p>

<span style="color:#000000;"><strong>Matches Added to Inferno of Purity</strong></span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:left;"><p> We can report that after the BOSJ Cup Block Stage Completion show at the New Mei Sports Stadium, there was a verbal confrontation involving Team INSPIRE and Burning Sekigun members Kinnojo Horri and Marihito Masuko. INSPIRE leader Tadiyuki Kikkawa was dressing down the rest of Team INSPIRE for their failures when Sekigun pair Horri and Masuko interrupted the meeting, reminding the INSPIRE trio of Iesada, Sanda and Pathlow that like them their card was free for Inferno of Purity and thus challenged the INSPIRE trio to a Six Man Tag. </p><p> </p><p>

The INSPIRE trio wondered how Horri and Masuko can challenge them to a Six Man Tag, when the Burning Sekigun pair did not appear to a have a third man. But Horri and Masuko informed them that there would be a third man on their team, a man that one of the INSPIRE trio is very familiar with. </p><p> </p><p>

This is in addition to what turned out to be a very eventful show at the New Mei Stadium, as we learned the four semi finalists that would be competing for the Best of the Super Juniors, Sensational Dragon's challenge for Hiroaki Nakasawa's World Championship was green-lit by BHOTWG president Tetsuzan Kaneko, Optimum Impact will face Size of the Fight for a shot at the Junior Tag Team Championship and The Behemoths will take on Universal Excellence with the loser of the fall forced to leave Burning Hammer, thus ending the team that loses the match. </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Confirmed for the Inferno of Purity PPV: </strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong>

Best of the Super Juniors Semi Finals and Finals:</strong></p><p>

The Awesome Kiyaru vs Elemental III</p><p>

Black Cobra vs Golden Scorpion</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>World Championship: </strong>Hiroaki Nakasawa vs Sensational Dragon </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>King of Fighters: </strong>Tadiyuki Kikkawa vs Masaaki Okazaki</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>No DQ match for World Tag Team Championship:</strong> Black Magic vs Wild Fire vs The Rebellion </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Six Man Challenge:</strong> Tasuku Iesada, John Pathlow & Chuichi Sanda vs Kinnojo Horri, Marihito Masuko & ????</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Junior Tag Contenders:</strong> Optimum Impact vs Size of the Fight</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Loser of Fall Leaves BHOTWG:</strong> Universal Excellence vs The Behemoths </p></div><p></p><p></p>

Archived