48 min match

well this game is great besides the game freeze problem. just wondering if anyone thinks that the matchs go on to long. i am a rookie to legend player so my guy sucks at this point. i have had 2 matchs and the both went 35 mins and 48 mins with both matchs of mine ending up with me bleeding. the problem is that i was busted open in the first 15 mins and then seen 4 screens saying my wrestler was dazed and confused or somrthing like that. just does not make sense that wrestler can bleed for 23 mins and still be able to win the match. Just wondering if they r this long for the demo game.

the matches do seem a bit long...I expected that my crappy rookie wrestler would get crushed in the first match in about 6 minutes, but to my surprise it was about 20 min before I lost. It was a pleasant surprise, to be sure...but it made me wonder if it's possible for any of those "woah" matches where someone gets over by just destroying a scrub in about 5 min. Part of the eternal dilemma of balancing gaming aspects with simulation aspects.

I've read about people losing in under 10 mins so it is possible. I've lost in about 12 before and I would've lost in less had it not been for having 10 spirit points. I'm just worried that it's a bit easy. I'm playing my second game of the demo and so far i've had 5 matches and won 4, the only one I lost was a tag match as well. In my first game though I only won 2 out of about 9 so whether i've just been lucky or got good at the game remains to be seen. Oh, and Keiketsu Karatsu (sp?) carried my useless guy to a 38 min B rated match, which I won :)

The longest match I remember was one of my matches go for was fifty-some minutes with the overall result a B-. I have also lost in 6 minutes recently with one of my one-month rookies against Roger Dodger. Kind of funny that you mention that Karatsu character, cause in my last game he carried my giant rookie wrestler to a pretty good try-out match, who previously has been having some abysmal matches, which got me a spot on the roster.

[QUOTE=rayps23]just does not make sense that wrestler can bleed for 23 mins and still be able to win the match.[/QUOTE] Tell that to Shawn Michaels :p They do seem a tad long, whe you consider that your guy is a complete newbie, making his debut. But you've got to take some liberties. Nothing is going to be 100% accurate.

the fastest match i was in a defeated my oppononent in 6 minutes.... id look it up but im not playing right now. basically i just nailed him with strike after strike after strike and then hit a few big moves picked him up and hit the delorean driver and got the pin.... the match was horrible though, it got a D.

My fastest win was 7 minutes. I was facing someone... I think Ninja Shunji, and I was being risky and decided to try to counter a move he did. I tried the Stone Hold, and the suckah tapped! My fastest loss was at 7 minutes, tryout with MoSC, Emma interfered in a tables match, I lost the advantage, never got it back, and before I knew he DDTed me through the table. CRAP! Longest match was in WLW, a 28 minute 3 vs. 2 elimination match. I thought I'd get my ass kicked, but my tag partner, the great Fox Mask got eliminated before my rookie did! I went on to beat all 3 of them, 2 by Elim with The End of Days, and the other I fell on top when he tried to powerbomb and I got the pin. But yeah, I like the match system. I usually get in a good groove and wipe 'em out in like 10-ish minutes. I can't wait till tomorrow!

The length of the matches does seem a bit long to me, although the amount of action in the matches seems about right. Perhaps at some point Adam could look at increasing the ratio of moves/minute to keep the amount of action in a match but shorten the length of the match.

Yeah -- if I could tweak the difficulty level a bit, I would definitely have the CPU go in for the kill a lot faster. It's eight minutes in, he's at medium/tiring, I'm at danger/struggling, why is he not hitting his finisher? Heck, why is he not even trying to hit his finisher half the time? Instead, the match runs on for another ten minutes, other guy loses his advantage, I win half the time. Not to sound too critical -- but I am beginning to suspect maybe certain aspects of the game are a bit too easy, and this contributes to it.

very suprised to see these mistakes occouring seeing as, if memory serves, testing has been going on for a couple of months now. These deff need to be looked at by adam, which is a shame as i was really hoping we wouldnt be needing a patch so early into the game release :/

Oh, that's not a game error exactly -- in that it was deliberate. I edited an alternate version of Emma as a wrestler, gave her 1 stats across the board (and 10 toughness, and 38 stamina (which she already had)), and proceeded to play as her. I'm not saying that non-wrestlers are suddenly and inexplicably starting to wrestle, I'm just saying untalented wrestlers are able to do more than they should. More of a balance thing than anything else.

Ugh. Just completed a 70 minute 6 man match in the SWF (Debones - me, Elmo, and Flerhty vs Remo, Gilmore, and Keith). Match length needs to be toned down. I was trying to get the match over with and guys were kicking out of finisher level moves w/o needing fighting spirit. This was the CPU mainly. I appreciate the focus on having lengthy matches, but 70 minutes is an awful long time. It took about 20-30 minutes to play, at which point I was done for the night.

[QUOTE=bookerman]Ugh. Just completed a 70 minute 6 man match in the SWF (Debones - me, Elmo, and Flerhty vs Remo, Gilmore, and Keith). Match length needs to be toned down. I was trying to get the match over with and guys were kicking out of finisher level moves w/o needing fighting spirit. This was the CPU mainly. I appreciate the focus on having lengthy matches, but 70 minutes is an awful long time. It took about 20-30 minutes to play, at which point I was done for the night.[/QUOTE] I agree, I was 50 minutes into my 6 man elimination match with only 1 guy out and everyone at dangerous/exhausted and guys were routinely blocking moves and kicking out of finishers. Finally, I just hit the emergency finish button. Way too long for my tastes. Of course, I've also lost a match in 3 minutes...

I ran into the uber-long match as well, having an elimination match take over 60 minutes. Granted, it was a 8 man elimination tag, but still - that's long. Things that I haven't seen so far that I'd like to: - Better backstage interaction. If you're friendly, it seems like there are very few things you can say backstage. "Hey, you're looking good. Can you help me with my mic work? Good luck tonight!" Interaction with female workers, bookers, and owners shouldn't be the same as interaction with male workers. People that you're friends with don't lead to different conversations than complete strangers. Why can't you kiss the ass of the booker if he's backstage? - A "quick advance" button, where you can set it to sim forward until events happen to you, or the next card (whether or not you're involved in it), or some other setting. I forget whether it was here or the other boards where it was mentioned that it was a pain just hitting the advance button day after day waiting for something to happen. - Dare I say the words after being in the OOTP world, but a manual wouldn't be that bad. I mean, my guy gets hit with one move and he's already down to medium. Why is that? What can I do to improve that? I guess I'm just going to have to screw around with it a bit.

[QUOTE=Gaius Tyranus]This looks like a really good game but after reading the times on some of the matches holy shit 70 minutes 50 minutes.I goyt a job and family this definitely will needed to be toned down quite abit.So, I will hold off picking this one up to see if this will be addressed in a patch.[/QUOTE] That's game time, not necessarily real time. I can play a really long match in about 10 minutes now that I'm familiar with my moves and have a base strategy I use. I'm sure some can do it faster and some take a lot more time, everyone's pace is different. But 60 minutes in game isn't necessarily 60 minutes in real life.

[QUOTE=MrWorkrate] - Better backstage interaction. If you're friendly, it seems like there are very few things you can say backstage. "Hey, you're looking good. Can you help me with my mic work? Good luck tonight!" Interaction with female workers, bookers, and owners shouldn't be the same as interaction with male workers. People that you're friends with don't lead to different conversations than complete strangers. Why can't you kiss the ass of the booker if he's backstage? [/QUOTE] Really agree with this. I was hoping as friendships/enemies developed there would be a new set of backstage interaction, but I haven't seen anything new yet. With the setup now, you could basically set up the backstage interaction into 3 categories: start fight, ask for psychology help, ask for microphone help. As far as I can tell, those are the only 3 things that can really happen, the rest is meaningless fluff. (I like fluff, but I'd like the fluff to have at least a little more substance ;) ).

[QUOTE=MrWorkrate] Dare I say the words after being in the OOTP world, but a manual wouldn't be that bad. I mean, my guy gets hit with one move and he's already down to medium. Why is that? What can I do to improve that? I guess I'm just going to have to screw around with it a bit.[/QUOTE] It's in the folder marked Help, there's 25 pages of information.

[QUOTE=Gaius Tyranus]This looks like a really good game but after reading the times on some of the matches holy shit 70 minutes 50 minutes.I goyt a job and family this definitely will needed to be toned down quite abit.So, I will hold off picking this one up to see if this will be addressed in a patch.[/QUOTE] I'd suggest playing the demo, as you've misunderstood other people's posts. The times are game time, not real time.

[QUOTE=MrWorkrate]- Dare I say the words after being in the OOTP world, but a manual wouldn't be that bad. I mean, my guy gets hit with one move and he's already down to medium. Why is that? What can I do to improve that? I guess I'm just going to have to screw around with it a bit.[/QUOTE] I believe that has to do with your stamina, and you can improve it by tweaking your training schedule.

Archived