The Chronicles of Big Smack Scott

[B]January 1st, 2005: [/B] (sniff, sniff)... What was that smell? Even through his partially impaired vision, Big Smack Scott quickly realized that he was lying in a dumpster in a back alley. As soon as he could get his tired legs under him, he crawled out and made his way onto the street. It was then that BSS realized he had an envelope in the pocket of his ragged jeans. It seemed to contain more than just a letter, so he reached for it and tried to read the address. However, the envelope was blank. Scott then decided to tear the envelope open and find out what it contained. As soon as he saw the contents, BSS let out a loud cry of joy that drew the attention of several passerbys. In his new room at the Ramada Inn, Scott tried to piece together the events of last night. He had been drinking some sake and then decided to crash the Japanese Wrestle Peace Festival held by BHOTWG. He had gotten into a conflict with their Champion, Tadiyuki Kikkawa, over who was tougher. BSS was beating the living crap out of him until.... Someone massive had grabbed him, spun him around, and landed a KO blow. Big Smack Scott knew that had to have been Bruce the Giant. So from there, someone must have put him on the next plane to Philadelphia. But the question remained, who had given him the $10,000 in the envolope, along with a note that said "New Year's Resolution: Revitalize your wrestling career" and this phone number- 555-3283. BSS decided to call the number, in hope that whoever it was might have some answers. "Good Afternoon, Phil Vibert Speaking," were the next 5 words he heard.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][B]January 2nd, 2005[/B][/FONT] [B][COLOR=DarkRed]"Now as you know, Mr. Scott..."[/COLOR] [COLOR=DarkGreen]"You can call me Mr. Big Smack."[/COLOR] Phil Vibert didn't seem amused. [COLOR=DarkRed]"Whatever. As you know, we are a hardcore promotion. However, this isn't the good old days anymore. Safety is the primary concern now. Safety is derived from cooperation and cohesion between workers. As recently as two days ago, it was reported that you were in a backstage brawl. That cannont, [I]cannot[/I] happen here. We have a pretty decent harmony backstage and the last thing Phil Vibert needs is for that harmony to be screwed up."[/COLOR] Big Smack Scott arched an eyebrow. Had Phil Vibert actually just referred to himself in the 3rd person at a completely unnecessary time in their conversation? He could already tell their working relationship was not going to be the best. [COLOR=DarkGreen]"So, do I get a contract, or what?"[/COLOR] [COLOR=DarkRed]"A tryout match. You get a tryout match tommorow at Back in Black."[/COLOR] [COLOR=DarkGreen]"Not bad. It's gonna be a dark match, I assume?"[/COLOR] [COLOR=DarkRed]"Nope. You're gonna take on Sammy Bach in the opener."[/COLOR] [COLOR=DarkGreen]"Sammy Bach, huh? Isn't he more of a high flier?"[/COLOR] [COLOR=DarkRed]"Yeah, the kid loves to take risks. I put you with him because if he gets hurt in the ring with you, I know there's no future for you in this company. However, if Sammy gives you a good review, you can expect a contract for you on Phil Vibert's desk on Tuesday, and you can expect to be a staple on Danger Zone TV."[/COLOR] [COLOR=DarkGreen]"Sounds good, boss. I'm looking forward to working for you."[/COLOR] [COLOR=DarkRed]"You don't work for me yet."[/COLOR] [COLOR=DarkGreen] "Oh, I will soon."[/COLOR][/B]

Archived