I can't imagine they get hired much, but The Drifters' (Mercenary and Sinner) tag finisher is the 'Redemption Bomb'. Oh pirates yes they rob i, sold i to the merchant's ships...

Haha awesome! Brilliant if on purpose. Of course it's on purpose. Brilliant. Nice catch by the way, I am slightly saddened that I didn't find it though :( Maybe its because they're some Aussie folks (?) and I haven't played any Australia in 2010..

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Architect (Of Your Destruction) is a possible reference to the '09 season of how I met your mother.

Marshall and Ted are in the bar talking and Ted says something about "The Architect of Your Destruction" and then marshall says "Awesome wrestling name alert!"

Dont know if that ones been mentioned yet.

The Architect (Of Your Destruction) is a possible reference to the '09 season of how I met your mother.

Marshall and Ted are in the bar talking and Ted says something about "The Architect of Your Destruction" and then marshall says "Awesome wrestling name alert!"

Dont know if that ones been mentioned yet.

I don't think TEW 2010 was referencing an episode that aired in October, 2010, considering it came out before that.

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure if these were mentioned...

Marshall Dillon = Mashall Dillon from Gunsmoke the old Western TV Show....

Zak Attack = The name of Zack Morris' band in Saved by the Bell

Skip Beau(pronounced BO) = Skip BO a card game

Quick Zee (Real Name Zachary Morris) = Saved by the Bell's lead character

Phil Harmonic = philharmonic an orchestra term

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I was wondering a few days ago, where does the Cornell name come. The most succesfull wrestler in the game Tommy Cornell must have some special reason for being given that name. One theory that I have, involves Tara Reid. Okay, so I noticed some similarities with some Cornellverse female characters and her appearance i.e. Chole Dean(Crow: Wicked Prayer) Tamara McFly, Stephanie Drucker and others. This evening, on Swedish TV they showed American Pie 2, a film that was huge when I was a teenager, with Tara Reid as a supporting character. In one scene she is wearing a shirt with Cornell written on it, after that I was convinced that, that is where the name came from. Any other theories?

Sorry if someone found these already.

Lepper Messiah is a song on Master Of Puppets, and Hugh De Aske is the 'Dread Pirate' like Dread Pirate Robinson.

Just to add on...the auto-generated tag team name Disposable Heroes is also a song on Master Of Puppets.

And Steve Frehley's finisher, Frehley's Comet, is the name of KISS member Ace Frehley's solo band.

I was wondering a few days ago, where does the Cornell name come. The most succesfull wrestler in the game Tommy Cornell must have some special reason for being given that name. One theory that I have, involves Tara Reid. Okay, so I noticed some similarities with some Cornellverse female characters and her appearance i.e. Chole Dean(Crow: Wicked Prayer) Tamara McFly, Stephanie Drucker and others. This evening, on Swedish TV they showed American Pie 2, a film that was huge when I was a teenager, with Tara Reid as a supporting character. In one scene she is wearing a shirt with Cornell written on it, after that I was convinced that, that is where the name came from. Any other theories?

Appearance would have nothing to do with it - Ryland made the database before the renders were there.

And Steve Frehley's finisher, Frehley's Comet, is the name of KISS member Ace Frehley's solo band.

And more obviously, also a pun on Halley's Comet :p

It could be the University, but it's much more likely to be the Soundgarden vocalist.

Archived