<p>Just started a swf game and I changed about 4 worker's gimmicks. All of them were suited to the worker and did not require any off-screen time, but all of them copped a pretty poor initial rating unexpectedly. Are there any other areas that need to be considered when giving a worker a new gimmick?</p><p>

Also, I've never noticed the initial rating change, does it change over time?</p><p> </p><p>

I'm not looking for a A* formula, just wondering if I've missed something.</p><p>

cheers.</p>

Define "suited" for the worker. Just because the worker CAN use a certain gimmick, doesn't mean they should.

You are going to need list their gimmicks (face performance, heel performance, Risk, Difficulty, Subtlety), their gimmick ratings, their performances as heel and faces, and their performances for gimmick types, as a start.

Define "suited" for the worker. Just because the worker CAN use a certain gimmick, doesn't mean they should.

You are going to need list their gimmicks (face performance, heel performance, Risk, Difficulty, Subtlety), their gimmick ratings, their performances as heel and faces, and their performances for gimmick types, as a start.

I thought I may have been a bit vague...

Thats what I meant by suited. The type, and face/heel performance did suit the workers and their respective gimmick stats. The risk, difficulty and/or subtlety ratings in the gimmicks were not high. I'm not able to check the game at the moment, but for the record, the swf product settings are default except for toning down the risque from heavy to medium.

Its possible one of the gimmick changes may have been 'unique' type, which is unlisted on the worker's skills page.

A big determining factor would be your user stats. What is your Creativity rating?

Edit: I had noticed that workers seemed to always get low ratings, so I now stack my Creativity up to 8, making everything else 4. That's certainly helped with gimmicks, although it has all those negative aspects. What do I care if I can negotiate? It's the owner's money, not mine.

creativity rating is 6, so its not that bad.

To give the most obvious example, Gregory Black, face show stealer gimmick got a D+.

The difficulty and subtlety are around the d mark, this is the only reason I can see that wouldve dragged the gimmick down to a d+, which if the case then I've underestimated their effect.

Hitting on a great rated gimmick should really be more rare than common. Having a lot of giimmick changes that start out in the in the B to C+ range, where they are not a detriment to the worker but will need to be changed within a year or so seems quite realistic.

Archived